Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG (63746 Views)

EFCC Probes Dangote, BUA, 50 Other Companies Over Forex Transactions / Ganduje, Others Reconcile Dangote, BUA Over Sugar Plant / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Great100000: 10:52pm On Mar 06
Dangote, BUA, Lafarge and other cement major manufacturers agreed to reduce the price of cement after a meeting with the federal government.

The meeting initiated by the minister of Works, David Umahi was also attended by the minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, Uzoka-Anite, in Abuja on Monday, February 19, 2024.

It came as a result of a nationwide outcry against the sharp rise in the price of cement – a development that followed the recent increase in prices of commodities, goods and services across all sectors of the economy.

For example, a bag of cement sells between N10,000 – N14,000, depending on the manufacturer.

According to reports, despite the agreement between manufacturers and the federal government to reduce prices by about 50%, it still sells almost as high as it did before the meeting.

Why cement prices are on the rise

As per recent survey, below are the prices of a bag of cement in Nigeria

Cement is a binder, a chemical substance used for construction that sets, hardens, and adheres to other materials to bind them together.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/price-of-dangote-bua-lafarge-other-cement-after-meeting-with-fg/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Chicagograduate(m): 5:19am On Mar 07
How can 3 cement brands be selling their products to 300 million Nigerians?They are taking undue advantage of Nigerians.

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Melagros(m): 6:01am On Mar 07
COMRADES, the prices are still very high

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by mytime24(f): 7:06am On Mar 07
So d falling of dollar no still bring d price down 😞

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by princemillla(m): 7:10am On Mar 07
mytime24:

There is never de-gravity in Nigeria prices . Nothing goes up n come down. Never

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by sukar886: 8:02am On Mar 07
FG should open border for cement to enter, cement no suppose pass 5k

240 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Savedday2: 8:16am On Mar 07
This country never finish like this?

Make better thunder fire all 9ja girls one by one.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by shortgun(m): 9:50am On Mar 07
I sell for less than 8k, call me for your cement needs. Anywhere in the country.
Must be from 900 bags and above.
Pinnaclelimited.tech@gmail.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by chiiraq802(m): 10:56am On Mar 07
E still expensive now.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Didijiji: 11:05am On Mar 07
This government increased prices so that there will be more money to be looted and shared amongst them

How come we pay subsidies and still buy fuel at 670?

What happened to the differentials?

Hmmmmmm

E go soon happen oooo

TAKE US BACK TO THE PDP ERA

Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
Pls
😭😭😭😭😭😭

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by money121(m): 11:06am On Mar 07
Ok
Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by mycar: 11:06am On Mar 07
419 government

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by meum: 11:06am On Mar 07
Make una enjoy jare.

I don’t blame those companies. If the prices of other things can increase, I don’t see why the price of cement should remain the same because of a meeting.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Mide70: 11:07am On Mar 07
So unfortunate.... From #5100 to #10k-#14k times 2.... How will an average man embark in a project ? One thing I have discovered so far is that we Nigerian are our own problem....this increment wasn't from government but dealers and manufacturers...
I just pray God help the masses . May we obtain mercy in Jesus name

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Creamypie(m): 11:07am On Mar 07
mytime24:
for Nigeria, once price goes up, e no dey come down again, even of cost reduce

11 Likes

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by goshentrusthome: 11:07am On Mar 07
Enemies of the masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Chibuzoripob: 11:07am On Mar 07
N
Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Alexlalax1(m): 11:07am On Mar 07
Where is the reduction? Abi my eyes dey pain me? If cement is not sold at #5000 or less, they are talking trash. You give monopoly to your cronies instead of having an open market for business and you are expecting positive results. Paddy paddy government

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by TANID(m): 11:07am On Mar 07
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by sevo(m): 11:07am On Mar 07
#13,000 for one bag of cement?? People moulding blocks to sell as means of livelihood, how do you guys cope!!!?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Rebuker(m): 11:07am On Mar 07
Good but there was a time a bag of cement was less than 5k.

Well, most people don't even care about prices of cement right now. People just want to eat well before thinking about building their own houses.

I am sure if government begins to subsidize the price of cement today - people won't rush to get them like they rushed to get a bag of rice at N10,000 here, that even lead to stampede:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUz5l7Kw4M8

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Navalsadiq(m): 11:08am On Mar 07
This is absolute rubish

7 Likes

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Watianoengineer(m): 11:08am On Mar 07
cool
Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Fatbam005: 11:09am On Mar 07
Hardship, sweat, blood and pain is the joy of tinubu the son of the bond woman.

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by jogsman01(m): 11:09am On Mar 07
Comrades
Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by ufuosman(m): 11:09am On Mar 07
sukar886:
FG should open border for cement to enter, cement no suppose pass 5k
cement no suppose reach 2k because 90percent of wot dey use are in Nigeria and some times dey do re-bag

18 Likes

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by BigDawsNet: 11:09am On Mar 07
Like if u gonna vote apc for second term
Share if someone else deserve it

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Fatbam005: 11:10am On Mar 07
shortgun:
I sell for less than 8k, call me for your cement needs.
dey play

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Seunpapa65: 11:10am On Mar 07
What is the aim of there meeting
Person go use 3m buy land only to use 12m fence am sad sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Navalsadiq(m): 11:10am On Mar 07
Tinubu is playing a game

The right people will come and teach him what to do

He wants to recoup all the money he spent during the election

Okay

Wahala dey front they come Sha

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Utanisco(m): 11:10am On Mar 07
Adiok inor mbufo

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG by Dcaliphate(m): 11:10am On Mar 07
grin....choi.... Nigeria ekpomeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.