Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver (49813 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Nollywood Actor Femi Brainard / Paul Okoye: 'Bank Alert' Was My First Solo Video, I Regret Making A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by sukkot: 9:02am On Mar 07
grin The regrets are slowly starting to filter out . Ibeokehie come carry ya brother ooo 👀

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Charly68: 9:03am On Mar 07
Too much desperation can land somebody into serious mess. I went abroad and saw how many guy were living and told myself ,it is better to return back home because I was living like a king with my meagre salary . The kind of a house I rent here then was not what I could afford in abroad..
My host was crying about bill here and there even electricity bill was too much for him .. I left the place fast to come back to my country where I can eat pounded yam and egusi soup as I like.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by DigitalJobs: 9:04am On Mar 07
Fame without Money is Vanity.

You should be content with anything you do that brings the doe steadily.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Raph82(m): 9:05am On Mar 07
This guy isn't sincere. I was expecting to see a tattered-looking hungry man, but here he is, with full cheek and body puffed up. Is he looking kike an hungry man? No
So what's the fuss all about?
Nigerians doing Uber here, we know how they look.
Forget about the celebrity status u enjoy while at home, that wont help anybody. We have seen celebrities who were at the top of fame during their prime time, but ended up broke and sick that people have to be seeking funds for them online (advanced fine bara).

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by biafranrealson: 9:05am On Mar 07
Regional celebrity
Not known in my region

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Sheuns(m): 9:06am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

E hard e hard na him e fat full everywhere.

Abroad is good for someone that doesn’t have things going on for him in Nigeria. He was a big actor and had things going quite well, he also had prospects to be bigger but he left. The kind of life he was living here as a celebrity cannot be gotten over there cos he has to work his ass out.

For someone that is struggling here in Nigeria and is ready to take on any kind of job overseas, japa will seem as a very good idea for him cos he’s just starting out and wasn’t really doing well in Nigeria.

If you’re established in Nigeria already and quite comfortable and making a decent living or running a successful business, it’s best to japa on investment visa. Going on study visa is going to give you a lot of problems.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by dnawah(m): 9:06am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Why I regret relocating abroad – Femi Brainard opens up on being Uber driver [VIDEO]

Nigerian film actor Femi Brainard has opened up about life while living abroad. The thespian granted an interview with Teju Oyelakin, aka, Teju Babyface on his podcast.

Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

While speaking with the comedian, Brainard noted that anytime he is driving, his Nigerian passengers in particular can’t help but stare at him in disbelief and wonder if he is the star they know.

The actor added that the curious ones would approach him to be sure he was the famous actor they knew in Nigeria.

Femi Brainard said the bills are a lot and he has things like rent to think about. The actor who celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary in May of 2023 explained that he was so broke to an extent once that he went to the parking lot and burst into tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xXUpqrIpx4?si=eFP_4Z69BPoX88iP

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/feature/yankee-no-know-star-o-i-regret-relocating-abroad-femi-brainard-opens-up-on-being-uber-driver
come back make i go.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Opans: 9:08am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
nd to wish Nigeria well is to support evil government?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by SleekyP(m): 9:11am On Mar 07
Joymusa:
I am currently in Dublin. And I will tell you that at come point am going back to Nigeria. Abroad is good with stable economy. Good road network. Electricity, job etc. but one thing people don’t know is that. Abroad makes you comfortable but not successful. For you to be successful and known nationally you will work very very hard for it. The diversification of everything is too much to mix up for an average person. Another is that the level of seriousness is high. There is little or no room to start a conversation with anyone.everyone mind their business and go their way, if no partner then you will be alone because this heart to heart friendship is hard. I watch my life become so dull, just work and I envy does home. I have being going to the gym, and church for a while now. And till have not been able to meet new people
Dublin is dull....enter train to london...enroute munich...you should know the drill smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Stephench: 9:11am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

Only a person who is deluded or have ties with politicians or certain ways of making illicit funds and protected by Nigeria that will love Nigeria. Which of these categories do you belong in?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by olerone: 9:11am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Why I regret relocating abroad – Femi Brainard opens up on being Uber driver [VIDEO]

Nigerian film actor Femi Brainard has opened up about life while living abroad. The thespian granted an interview with Teju Oyelakin, aka, Teju Babyface on his podcast.

While speaking with the comedian, Brainard noted that anytime he is driving, his Nigerian passengers in particular can’t help but stare at him in disbelief and wonder if he is the star they know.

The actor added that the curious ones would approach him to be sure he was the famous actor they knew in Nigeria.

Femi Brainard said the bills are a lot and he has things like rent to think about. The actor who celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary in May of 2023 explained that he was so broke to an extent once that he went to the parking lot and burst into tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xXUpqrIpx4?si=eFP_4Z69BPoX88iP

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/feature/yankee-no-know-star-o-i-regret-relocating-abroad-femi-brainard-opens-up-on-being-uber-driver

Anyone interested in knowing the truth, should watch the video. He didn't say he regretted, yes he was an uber driver, but he believes he made the right choice leaving.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by mastermaestro(m): 9:16am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

Cheap chicken and fatty foods don't translate to good living standard. The guy know how e dey do am grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Bahamas95(m): 9:16am On Mar 07
millionboi2:
Thy could be ashamed to come back.
Nor be everybody dey shame, they should allow others take the risk of traveling abroad. It could favour them.

Me for instance I can't dance in public because of my shy nature but my siblings do it with ease......It doesn't make sense if I try to discourage them from dancing simply because I can't do it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by toyosiolamide(m): 9:16am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

You don go Ghana before??If not go Benin republic first for one year and then come back and comment on this topic.Have a lovely day

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by DigitalJobs: 9:17am On Mar 07
What a pity.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by frog12: 9:17am On Mar 07
If Hollywood even wan accept am grin grin angry angry angry grin

dettolgel:

Don't mind the guy he wants free stuffs. He thinks abroad rewards mediocre, he has to work for every single penny. If he feels he is good at what he does he should go try his luck at Hollywood grin

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by millionboi2: 9:18am On Mar 07
Bahamas95:
Nor be everybody dey shame, they should allow others take the risk of traveling abroad. It could favour them.

Me for instance I can't dance in public because of my shy nature but my siblings do it with ease......It doesn't make sense if I try to discourage them from dancing simply because I can't do it.
him talk him own he no block you from going na
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by frog12: 9:19am On Mar 07
grin grin

Charly68:
Too much desperation can land somebody into serious mess. I went abroad and saw how many guy were living and told myself ,it is better to return back home because I was living like a king with my meagre salary . The kind of a house I rent here then was not what I could afford in abroad..
My host was crying about bill here and there even electricity bill was too much for him .. I left the place fast to come back to my country where I can eat pounded yam and egusi soup as I like.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by anonimi: 9:20am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Is he back in our country already? Or he is wailing from America to discourage others from doing japa as he has done?
Won't that make him a hypocrite

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Bhol28: 9:22am On Mar 07
Na wah

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by delishpot: 9:23am On Mar 07
tonicyril:
Watch...the cretins will soon say apc paid him grin grin grin grin

But wait ooh, how much do I need to secure an investment visa in USA or UK??

Na how me want take dey move in and out of whitelands be that I swear grin

Just like flokii said above, I job I can't do in my country I don't pray I do it in foreign land..amen.

$2 milla
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Johnjustice: 9:24am On Mar 07
This japa syndrome has to do with a neo colonialism agenda and mentality...but of course wage differences are an issue...but why would a successful actor go become a cab driver...actors are getting international gigs from Nigeria and tapping from the local endorsement deals, appearances etc...how much can you really make being a cab driver in America?

We need to free ourselves from this mentality.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by FireUpNow(m): 9:27am On Mar 07
All this na wash, he is loving it abroad just making excuses to discourage others

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by BolaAThubv(m): 9:28am On Mar 07
AntiZikist:
They have reserved the entire Negev desert for you guys in Israel.

Why not fck off to your promised land ?
You ran away the last time. I'm still here to teach you things you don't know. Even your fellow terrorists in Gaza are still coveting the Negev... From the river to the sea. They would rather perish than go back to Jordan, Syria and Egypt where they all came from.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by LucemFerre: 9:30am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

If you remove shame you'd "survive" anywhere in the world. Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow.
If you go come dey cook for me dey sweep my house I promise you that survival would be the least of your worries

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by faceland: 9:30am On Mar 07
Please deport him and his family immediately.
The man is suffering with his limited edition jeans jacket.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by eepeepook: 9:30am On Mar 07
I don’t know him. Is he a comedian? He seems like a ronu actor. Those ones are celebrities in their living rooms and on ronu-land. My guy is doing honest work and complaining. E be like na yahoo he familiar with before relocating.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Kionrae: 9:32am On Mar 07
AntiZikist:

They have reserved the entire Negev desert for you guys in Israel.

Why not fck off to your promised land ?
Nigeria fvcks you 3 times a day in it's shit hole stfu

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Natbrowny: 9:35am On Mar 07
AllenSpencer:
Abroad will humble you! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the comment..👍

We cannot compete with Chinese and Mexicans abroad. They are industrious and rugged in all aspect.

Lets be truthful
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Goodlady(f): 9:38am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Uncle Femi said it in reality. But don't use that opportunity to defend FG. Things are not well and it's those things that drove Femi Brainard to USA. Why are Americans not japaing to Nigeria?
It's common sense. The citizens are ready to fix Nigeria more than those in govt.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by samomoli: 9:40am On Mar 07
Forget about cursing Nigeria and so on. Look back at people who traveled years back how many are complaining. There's every possibilities that if he remained in Nigeria his case would have been worse with the present situation staring at us. This kind of mindset was what our older generation followed that lead us where we are today. When we talk of revolution you say another thing. Be reminded we sitting on a time bomb

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by kelvindj98: 9:42am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

You are looking at it from your own impoverish view. People like you may like abroad because you are already hungry in Nigeria with zero prospects. But folks who already have good things going for them in Nigeria like Femi had may not like it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"My Wife is Here" - Davido spotted with Chioma in Bahamas after two months apart / C.E.O Imranroofing 5k Weekly Giveaway / Pregnant Oge Aneke Cradles Her Bare Bump In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.