Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver (49797 Views)

I Regret Wearing Bikinis, Nudity – Rihanna / Nollywood Actor Femi Brainard / Paul Okoye: 'Bank Alert' Was My First Solo Video, I Regret Making A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by iyke2frankeze: 8:36am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
So in your summary, he cursed Nigeria and Nigeria cursed him back?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by ideatoprince18(m): 8:36am On Mar 07
AntiZikist:

They have reserved the entire Negev desert for you guys in Israel.

Why not fck off to your promised land ?

Are u just hearing of Negev desert for the first time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Asonaijaaso: 8:36am On Mar 07
Abroad is a business and the JAPA person is the Mugu/Client.

Housing: $2000
Bills:$1000 (light, water, internet, TV, Gas, car registration, petrol etc)
Credit card Debt: $300
Food: $1000
Transportation: $250
Healthcare: $350
Clothing: $100
Personal Care: $100
Entertainment: $200
Federal and state tax: 2500
Total: Approximately $7550 per month.

To give you an example, if you drive UBER 24hours without sleeping, you can afford the above.
If you drive 12hours you can afford half of the above. The tax is 30% of your gross.
JAPA is not worth it, you are coming to grow USA/UK economy. Not yourself !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by tishbite43: 8:37am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

E hard e hard na him e fat full everywhere.
No mind am make hin dey whine himself
Hin think sey dem go give am red carpet for Hollywood as hin land Yankee
Not that he was too big big here in Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Gbadebo19(m): 8:37am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
Speaking on the perks as well as the disadvantages attached to relocating abroad, especially being a celebrity, Femi Brainard said it is better to be celebrated and be a prince in Nigeria than to move abroad and be a nobody. He also noted that his wife does not love it at all.

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Many of them are so stuck now that they can't even be as sincere to themselves as he is.

It's nothing but a wrong mindset to think that you will resent your own land/ country and expect that you will prosper on that land or overseas, it's impossible!

When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people. You curse Nigeria, the land curses you back in multiple folds and nothing you sow in the land will prosper but if you bless Nigeria, the land blesses you back in multiples.

Until you wish Nigeria well and do your best in patriotism, you will never be blessed by this land and if you carry your resentment and hatred for Nigeria overseas, the rejection by Nigeria will follow you like your shadow.

The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. What you are doing here in Nigeria is so valuable that if you nurture it well, you will one day be going overseas for business/ professional travels and enjoy vacations with your family and friends. And even if you still don't go overseas, you will be happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed here in Nigeria.

This one go just open mouth waaaaaaaa, spew rubbish and close the rotten mouth gbam!!! If you have the opportunity, will you stay back? Ọmọ ale jatijati

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by johnjose68: 8:38am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

God bless you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by youngestgrad(m): 8:41am On Mar 07
Why Teju Babyface just dey laugh anyhow...... person talk say e dey struggle pay rent, u dey laugh like say na Eddie Murphy movie.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Bahamas95(m): 8:42am On Mar 07
That's one of the disadvantages of being a celebrity, you feel ashamed doing certain things. That's why most of them live fake lives.

Just because it didn't favour him doesn't mean it won't favour others, he should come back then.......It's now becoming a trend, most Nigerians that have japa always come online saying they regret traveling but they won't return home.

They're just being stylishly selfish, stop discouraging others from traveling abroad.

7 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by emperor4love(m): 8:44am On Mar 07
VaginaAcademic:
Lazy man no wan work
de werey no wan work,e tink say e dey naija

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by ComeToJesus: 8:44am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

Still trying to locate the nexus between migration and resentment of ones country..

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by deavicky(m): 8:44am On Mar 07
How can he be regretting nah?. Come back home or is Nigeria border closed?.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by dettolgel: 8:44am On Mar 07
babzo:
Uber? In America?
Is he in America?
I did Uber in America .
If you do it full time, you can make more than degree holders.
Anyone doing it 8 to 12 hours a day, can easily make $8000 to $10,000 a month. The average for full timers is $6000 a month.

Definitely, a driver is a driver anywhere in the world , especially a taxi driver ( uber etc) so by societal standards its low on the tandem pole; but 75k annual income in the US for a household puts one at a middle class. Talk less of one spouse making 75k to 100k , add it to your wife's income and that's over 150k a year; that's upper middle class in America and rich.

Maybe he did it part time.

Don't mind the guy he wants free stuffs. He thinks abroad rewards mediocre, he has to work for every single penny. If he feels he is good at what he does he should go try his luck at Hollywood grin

6 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by DesChyko: 8:44am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:
When you are not blessed in Nigeria, it's not because others are not doing well here in Nigeria, for most of you, you were horribly raised with the wrong mindset and indoctrinated to hate Nigeria by some of your parents who were part of those behind the multiple problems now facing the nation so you ended up and continued your life in a circle of negative minded unpatriotic people.

This explains the pathetic population of early morning "all manner of" smokers littering the streets of Lagos instead of using their God-given able-bodied strength for nothing but to beg people going about their daily hustle. Bros-this, Oga-that.

It is not because of their lack of education or decision to drop out, Nope. It is not because of their poor life choices, e.g. choosing to smoke around instead of looking for/sticking to a job, Never. It isn't because of their poverty-stricken homes either.

It is simply because their parents taught them to hate Nigeria.

All they need to do is to love Nigeria. Doesn't matter whether they are illiterates, lazy and engage in all manner of vices. Just love Nigeria and everything goes excellent for them.

Somebody that regrets travelling abroad is thanking God that he is in that economy o. OP and his people that loves Nigeria more than the truth.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Greenfaces: 8:46am On Mar 07
sholikay:
Maybe during Jonathan and yaradua's era....not in this our "EBI N PAWA" era....nigeria don almost cast finish...
No one can convince me that it's more difficult abroad. The only reason I'm in Nigeria is because I don't have the means to relocate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by spartachico(m): 8:46am On Mar 07
Japaaism was a virus that nobody saw coming through, the best and only way to japaa and live/lead a comfortable life is through studies, i mean go over there do your masters and gbam you'll be landed a good job, you dey find greener pasture and you no sit down listen to know the cons and pro, imagine that 37yrs old lawyer.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Judolisco(m): 8:46am On Mar 07
flokii:
E ku regret cheesy

A job I can't do in my country, I don't pray to go do in foreign lands.
for many it's not d job but d pay... A caregiver earns more than a cashier in d bank in Nigeria... Na wetin xup bdat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Veste: 8:49am On Mar 07
The best decision I made was leaving Nigeria, though I do miss weekend enjoyments.

8 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Bultwo: 8:50am On Mar 07
My fellow Nigerians, no place like home. Nigeria is our Country, running away from it, is not going to be the best option. Lets try to fix our Country. May Almighty GOD helps us.
Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by victorVIC1(m): 8:50am On Mar 07
I hope Femi also takes into account that his peers in Nigeria are equally struggling? We've seen a series of cases where a couple of them were unable to cater for their medicals. Just make the best with whatever you have

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by adisababa1234: 8:52am On Mar 07
This guy want to return to acting and he believes he had been forgotten so needed a news to put him on the stage .
I assured you he'll soon produce a movie title The Ordeals of an Immigrants.

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Judolisco(m): 8:53am On Mar 07
babzo:
Uber? In America?
Is he in America?
I did Uber in America .
If you do it full time, you can make more than degree holders.
Anyone doing it 8 to 12 hours a day, can easily make $8000 to $10,000 a month. The average for full timers is $6000 a month.

Definitely, a driver is a driver anywhere in the world , especially a taxi driver ( uber etc) so by societal standards its low on the tandem pole; but 75k annual income in the US for a household puts one at a middle class. Talk less of one spouse making 75k to 100k , add it to your wife's income and that's over 150k a year; that's upper middle class in America and rich.

Maybe he did it part time.
bros abeg tell d man dat he should come and drive uber for Abuja maybe he'll make 9 million per month angry.... Now wey be say if you make 20k per day and you're going home, you'll buy fuel of 10k, pay commission of 5k, you're left with 5k... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Richfan: 8:54am On Mar 07
Can you do this same uber driving in Nigeria? The answer is no....So the abroad is still better...uber drivers abroad have guaranteed security but uber drivers in Nigeria are not safe, many are killed, kidnapped and vehicle snatched...

You said Nigeria is better, what govt policy now is encouraging businesses to grow in Nigeria? The answer is non....

Yiu said Nigeria is better, What is Nigerian minimum wage? Zero cant take care of one person even before this satanic inflation recently started....etc

So, when people say Nigeria is better than abroad, I see it as deception from such person, he/she just wants to discourage others from going there..

I believe no matter how plenty the bills abroad are, the truth is that, you get value for the bills and taxes you pay for unlike Nigeria where you pay taxes and bill and never get to benefit from the govt you pay to..e.g you pay light bill but get only 7 days of light in a month like where i live .. .

Abroad and Nigeria nor be mate, let's stop comparing the two...even you that wrote this post, if your parents have been treating you bad from child birth till now, will you love and be patrotic to such parents? Oga talk truth make devil still shame..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by victorVIC1(m): 8:54am On Mar 07
Shokoloko:
Teju: 1:03:02 So all this has been worth it for you?

Femi 1:03:03 Yes!

Teju: 1:03:19 So all this stress has been worth it for you?

Femi 1:03:21-40 Yes! Everyday when I wake up, I look at my wife, I look at my kids, you know, there is this comfort in knowing that you live in an economy that works!

Femi 1:08:49 Life is relatively easy here, but before it became easy we went through a passage

Interesting conversation

Now I need to see the full interview. Person wey follow our bloggers with all these their sensational and misleading contexts go miss road

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by GenFunction: 8:54am On Mar 07
see dis ones wan discourage person,for ur information we go still lap that unit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by ObalendeCMS: 8:55am On Mar 07
He missed the local champion status that he's used to in Nigeria.
Ghetto super star.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Dfather1(m): 8:56am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

I am very sorry to quote you but sincerely I can't but quote you out of curiosity.

Like all your comments here, are they bore out of cruise or you are being serious?

Please answer the above question sincerely before I go further.

Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by SoNature(m): 8:57am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this guy! Is that why I no longer see him in movies? He has added so much weight.

Whats he saying? If it doesn't favor you abeg come back home. Which one you go dey cry for motor park. undecided

I still believe it better over there because you'll get jobs to do and if you remove shame you'll survive and live comfortably.

A musician or actor whose fanbase is in Nigeria has no business relocating abroad. Those who should relocate are those struggling to make it in Nigeria. If you have already made it in Nigeria and leave the country, you will regret it because you will start life afresh.

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by psalmsjob: 8:58am On Mar 07
Jewessgratitud3:

Construction site labour job dey o, farming labour job dey o, daycare uncle/aunty job dey o, salesmen/marketer job dey o, uber job dey o, barman job dey o, delivery boy job dey o, cleaner job dey o and you fit even open your petty shop for any corner with patako for Naija so which work you say dey over available for yanki and jando again cheesy grin

The money wey una dey take travel sef na hin Shamsu dey take run foodstuff business dey build house, marry 2, 3 wives with many kids ... na only mumus dey relocate abroad to go make ham instead of jollicating abroad after you don make ham for Naija the land blessed by God who or what can make it not so for me as a son of the soil? NADA grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by Joymusa: 8:58am On Mar 07
I am currently in Dublin. And I will tell you that at come point am going back to Nigeria. Abroad is good with stable economy. Good road network. Electricity, job etc. but one thing people don’t know is that. Abroad makes you comfortable but not successful. For you to be successful and known nationally you will work very very hard for it. The diversification of everything is too much to mix up for an average person. Another is that the level of seriousness is high. There is little or no room to start a conversation with anyone.everyone mind their business and go their way, if no partner then you will be alone because this heart to heart friendship is hard. I watch my life become so dull, just work and I envy does home. I have being going to the gym, and church for a while now. And till have not been able to meet new people

7 Likes

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by FEGNO: 9:00am On Mar 07
Nah wah oh. Something that I watched kwa💁 I am now seeing different headlines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by RepoMan007: 9:01am On Mar 07
FreeStuffsNG:

Eni awifun Oba je o gbo.

You need mental help. Your brain is shaking.

How does relocating abroad equates to resenting your country?
Or those making it here are they not mostly corner-cutters?
Maybe everyone should stay behind and start doing yahoo yahoo and politics of do-or-die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: "I Regret Relocating Abroad" – Femi Brainard Opens Up On Being Uber Driver by millionboi2: 9:01am On Mar 07
Bahamas95:
That's one of the disadvantages of being a celebrity, you feel ashamed doing certain things. That's why most of them live fake lives.

Just because it didn't favour him doesn't mean it won't favour others, he should come back then.......It's now becoming a trend, most Nigerians that have japa always come online saying they regret traveling but they won't return home.

They're just being stylishly selfish, stop discouraging others from traveling abroad.

Thy could be ashamed to come back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Shows Off His Sitting Room / Kate Henshaw And Femi Fani-Kayode In Twitter Fight / Gift Okpara (2Baba) Shot Dead In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.