Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition (13797 Views)

Former Aide To Buhari, Bashir Ahmad Criticizes Nigerian Defence HQ / Adamu Garba: Osinbajo Has Disgraced Nigerians At World Economic Forum / The Entrance To The Imo Exhibition Center Commissioned By Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by JChris01: 8:36am On Mar 07
This is highly commendable.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by haffaze777(m): 8:43am On Mar 07
Proforce be their mate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Heffalump(m): 9:03am On Mar 07
Richtaiwo:
Honestly, I don't understand. A human being claims he is a Nigerian and indeed holds Nigerian passport. But any positive news about Nigeria is always a source of tears and sorrow for him. They are many, some of them will soon show themselves because of this indigenous military hardware manufacturing company.

The reason is because of too many years of propaganda and deception. People now feel nothing good can easily come out of Nigeria. This is the result of many betrayals by the elites and politians.

I leave you with the Biblical quote "Can anything good come out of Nazereth?". This was because of what Nazareth was known for in terms of evil as at the time.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by arantess: 9:08am On Mar 07
HNICEARTH:

High time they add rockets. Will be the game changer, especially drones/UMV that can fire rockets.
Exactly, I know they produce drones(gulma drone) but can't remember how far they have gone in the project.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by lekkicctv(m): 9:10am On Mar 07
cool

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by arantess: 9:12am On Mar 07
Heffalump:

The reason is because of too many years of propaganda and deception. People now feel nothing good can easily come out of Nigeria. This is the result of many betrayals by the elites and politians.

I leave you with the Biblical quote "Can anything good come out of Nazereth?". This was because of what Nazareth was known for in terms of evil as at the time.
Not evil...... Nazareth was a nondescript town with very little population and nobody or nothing of influence at the time....
The town was just there nothing happening...

So a prophet coming out of there was big
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by arantess: 9:21am On Mar 07
femicyrus:
I thought they said export like this will earn Nigeria forex and strengthen the naira

If this export has been going on for years as shown, then what is still the problem with the naira?
They are not produced in large quantities yet due to number of orders placed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by FFIA: 9:31am On Mar 07
Richtaiwo:
Honestly, I don't understand. A human being claims he is a Nigerian and indeed holds Nigerian passport. But any positive news about Nigeria is always a source of tears and sorrow for him. They are many, some of them will soon show themselves because of this indigenous military hardware manufacturing company.
IPOB will soon come for your head grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by VEHINTOLAR: 9:31am On Mar 07
PROFORCE,Yoruba Omoluabi to the world !
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by FFIA: 9:34am On Mar 07
valentineuwakwe:
World exhibitions that the west is using to spy on the type of armour a nation produce and possess....they just copy the prototype and functions and run to there lab to produced a counter type of that product which renders your own ineffective wen it comes warfare!
grin

US will never display some of their weapons and aircraft at shows.

for instance the B2 spirit and B21 grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Tellmeastory: 9:39am On Mar 07
arantess:

Exactly.

But the good thing about this is that Nigeria now has well-established domestic capacity for high grade weapons manufacturing, which means she can easily ramp up production in a war situation, or if she experiences sanctions etc.

Very few countries in Africa have this capacity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Tellmeastory: 9:45am On Mar 07
DeepSight:
Is it just me or the only things here are padded up armoured personnel carriers?

Not a single tank, fighter jet, naval ship?

Missiles nko?

These guys are manufacturing based on what the Nigerian military tell them they need.

The army wants to establish Strategic Land Dominance, as a priority. So they’re wanting APCs more than anything, right now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Atarakpa: 9:58am On Mar 07
Tellmeastory:
This is the kind of place you can never see Ghana.

Yet their mouth...
we Nigerians should learn on how to be silent when ever they raise shoulder
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by HNICEARTH: 10:06am On Mar 07
JagabanB:

No Nigerian love nègàtive news about the country aside bîgots, I never supported GEJ but I never loved negative news about the country.
So u mean what Obi and Atiku are doing today is because they don't love the country?
What they are doing is politics, same thing Tinubu did those years.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to threaten nigeria with forming parallel government.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to threaten Nigeria with civil war.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to invite armed bandits/militias to come destabilize Nigeria.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to urge the international community not to sell arms to nigeria to combat terrorism.

So it was politics and acceptable for them to facilitate the kidnapp of school girls from Chibok, and also love the news and spread it around the world just the way other are doing now about negative news.

If all these are politics to you, then you fall with a certain class of people who play politics without principle. Burning the country is politics to you nazis
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by femicyrus(m): 10:17am On Mar 07
arantess:

Shush!
The few sold is just N100,000?
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by HBB1(m): 10:17am On Mar 07
HNICEARTH:

It's still fresh in our memories coz we witnessed it.

Maybe Nigeria started in 2015 for you or maybe you are practicing selective amnesia. Google is your friend.

You can bring yourself up to date on what happened between 2012-2015. Also check his tweets in 2014, 2013, 2012...they are still there.

If you are sincere about knowing when and how, then use your phone to search google and also check his tweets back then.

He tore down Nigeria and was unhappy when good things were happening in Nigeria?

Na you get selective amnesia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by bayelsaowei(m): 10:49am On Mar 07
Tellmeastory:

Na small small nau... undecided
small small? But when e reach to thief and embezzle funds we do it big big..

Dey their dey play... grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by comodo: 10:57am On Mar 07
Tellmeastory:
Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products In World Exhibition in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Nigeria’s defence industry has made a remarkable presence at the World Defence Show 2024, a global event that showcases the latest innovations and technologies in the defence sector. The show, which is being held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, from February 4 to 8, 2024, has attracted over 1,000 exhibitors and 80,000 visitors from around the world.

Among the exhibitors are two Nigerian defence companies: Proforce Defence and the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON). Both companies have displayed their products and capabilities in the fields of land, naval, and air security, as well as engaged in networking and business opportunities with potential partners and clients.

Proforce Defence, Nigeria’s leading indigenous defence company, has showcased its range of products, including drones and armoured vehicles. The company posted on its social media channels that “Proforce will be showcasing cutting-edge solutions in Land, Naval and Air security at the World Defence Show in Riyadh from February 4-7. Visit our booth, Hall 1 south-G3.3 to learn more about how we’re advancing security solutions around the world.”

Proforce Nigeria Armoured Personnel Carrier

Some of the products that Proforce has exhibited are the Ara 2 MRAP, a mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicle that can withstand blasts and ballistic threats; the PF-2 Armoured Personnel Carrier, a versatile and modular vehicle that can transport troops and equipment in various terrains; and some of its drones, such as a fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicle that can perform reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition missions.

DICON, the state-owned defence company that manufactures small arms, bullet proof vests, light weapons, and the Ezugwu MRAP, has also visited the World Defence Show, but it is not certain if they have exhibited their products. DICON is responsible for producing and supplying weapons and ammunition to the Nigerian Armed Forces and other security agencies.

The Nigerian government delegation to the World Defence Show comprises the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Dr Ibrahim Abubakar Kana, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa, Director-General of DICON, Major-General Effiong Edet, and other critical stakeholders of the Nigerian Armed Forces and exhibitors from the shores of Nigeria.

A statement by the Ministry of Defence said, “While going round the exhibition stands, the Minister pointed out that the aim of the global exhibition was for participating countries’ Ministries of Defence to meet and share information and ideas on the latest defence systems.”

He said “major international defence companies like DICON and PROFORCE from Nigeria and others around the world are participating in the exhibition in addition to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Defence.”

https://www.military.africa/2024/02/nigerian-defence-companies-mark-presence-at-world-defence-show-2024/
When I say na South be Nigeria. Many will come for my head. But the reality in our faces still on still is that South is the Nigeria. As much as the south dey try to upgrade to 18th century. The North dey move back to medieval ages.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by HNICEARTH: 11:01am On Mar 07
HBB1:

He tore down Nigeria and was unhappy when good things were happening in Nigeria?

Na you get selective amnesia

Yep. He said he never believe in one nigeria.

He sponsored protest at the best possible time we could have removed subsidy.

His party threatened to form a parallel government.

His party men confessed to inviting armed bandit/ militia from other parts of africa to nigeria just to destabilise nigeria.

I can go on and on....oga use Google if you are having selective amnesia.

And all these happened when we had the best economic indices and we were amongst the top 5 growing economies in the world.

Btw, indomie noodles is 18k now. USD is N1600. When you finish replying me, go out there and touch the grass. Comfort yourself as per this is the Nigeria you want, right? Nigeria is good now, right?
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by BrutusOj(m): 11:23am On Mar 07
Tellmeastory:
This is the kind of place you can never see Ghana.

Yet their mouth...
How is the security of Nigeria with all these armoured vehicles compared to Ghana? Going for exhibition with equipments that are never used to fight bandits is of no use to we the citizens of Naija.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Tellmeastory: 11:27am On Mar 07
BrutusOj:
How is the security of Nigeria with all these armoured vehicles compared to Ghana? Going for exhibition with equipments that are never used to fight bandits is of no use to we the citizens of Naija.

How do you know is used or not used in fighting bandits?

Do you accompany the military boys on their operations?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by HBB1(m): 11:51am On Mar 07
HNICEARTH:

Yep. He said he never believe in one nigeria.

He sponsored protest at the best possible time we could have removed subsidy.

His party threatened to form a parallel government.

His party men confessed to inviting armed bandit/ militia from other parts of africa to nigeria just to destabilise nigeria.

I can go on and on....oga use Google if you are having selective amnesia.

And all these happened when we had the best economic indices and we were amongst the top 5 growing economies in the world.

Btw, indomie noodles is 18k now. USD is N1600. When you finish replying me, go out there and touch the grass. Comfort yourself as per this is the Nigeria you want, right? Nigeria is good now, right?

Stop being sentimental.

Tinubu was part of NADECO and fled Nigeria at risk of his life.
He has treasonous charges against him and would have been executed if found.

Also, if I say I don't believe in one Nigeria, does that make me an enemy-- someone who becomes unhappy when good things happen?

Dont be silly.

You claim Tinubu sponsored Occupy Nigeria?
So he was responsible for the Nationwide protest?
Like I was not alive when it started.

Besides APC was formed after 2012 and not before.

Was he responsible for the Arab Spring too?

Or is it Labour Party or PDP that are responsible for the protests we have had so far this year.

'His party this, his party that...'

Is Tinubu members of his Party?

Is Obi, his Party members that are stealing money?

Dont be silly!

Just to say, if you did not know.
Jonathan was a horrible leader and the indices we enjoyed were from the governments before him.

If people like you are unhappy when good things are happening in the Country, then you are the enemy!

Search your Soul and deal with it.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by PropertyBuying(f): 12:41pm On Mar 07
Gokd one grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by y3mi(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07
Africa ain't matching the world in military equipment and warfare until weaponry capable of feats that theirs would never be capable of, such as repositioning of incoming missiles back to its sender source, capturing of all forms of incoming projectiles for deflection, redirection or spatial dumping. Real time cloaking tech and teleportative capability. These are stuff that can be achieved by R&D into our respective esoteric knowledge but which no one is interested in except to be copying and regurgitating a mockup of what the West, Asia and all other true nations have done. They will beat us in any war games of their own design because they own all the fundamentals by which every hardware was manufactured, and learned tactics. So until we start thinking outside their box to create weaponry that redefines how battles are fought, and territories are defended, we can never ever match them. That can only be achieved in an ethnolinguistic homogenous nation and never within a colonial contraption as we have in SubSaharan Africa. During the Battle of Kusk Salient, the greatest tank warfare ever fought, the best of Russia and German technologies clashed, of course there were other important factors. However no one copied one another. I'm not here to argue blindly. It's my opinion, respect mine as I'll respect yours so no insulting.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by VULCAN(m): 5:22pm On Mar 07
This person is the first to comment after the OP.

Do you notice how he is trying to change the narrative?

Nobody has said a single bad word but he is trying to subtly attack a particular group of people who have EVERY right to complain about the way the country is being run.

Anyway, he is a brand new moniker so it's clear that this is an old urrcchiin in a new body.

By their fruits we shall know them

Richtaiwo:
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by VULCAN(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07
Now it's much clearer that this moniker belongs to an urchnn

Richtaiwo:

You mean they called Nigeria a zoo and shithole while calling on international communities to come drop bombs in aso rock?
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by seunayantokun(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07
That supports the fact that the Nigerian military could end terrorism in the country if they were not part of it.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by JagabanB: 6:33pm On Mar 07
HNICEARTH:

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to threaten nigeria with forming parallel government.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to threaten Nigeria with civil war.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to invite armed bandits/militias to come destabilize Nigeria.

So it was politics and acceptable for APC to urge the international community not to sell arms to nigeria to combat terrorism.

So it was politics and acceptable for them to facilitate the kidnapp of school girls from Chibok, and also love the news and spread it around the world just the way other are doing now about negative news.

If all these are politics to you, then you fall with a certain class of people who play politics without principle. Burning the country is politics to you nazis
If u are fished out and brought to a court room to defend each and every point you made above, will you be able to do it?
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Realguyman1(m): 10:15am On Mar 08
Tradepunter2:
I am proud of these guys...... People not in the sector won't understand the work put into producing such products..... If there's any sector that gives this country hope is defense sector...... Miss the craziness, the failures, the success and emotional rollercoaster associated with this industry 😂😂😂😍😍
But they don't treat their workers well. People working there are always complaining of poor salaries and poor worker welfares
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Tradepunter2: 10:43am On Mar 08
Realguyman1:
But they don't treat their workers well. People working there are always complaining of poor salaries and poor worker welfares

No brother.... It's majority PPP with many players within and outside Nigeria working directly or having subsidiaries.

Even NASENI that had a subsidiary within certain domain paid the staffs involved very well.
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by mbos: 11:49am On Mar 08
Richtaiwo:

assembling is not manufacturing

lets tell ourselves the truth
Re: Nigerian Defence Industry Manufacturers Display Products At World Exhibition by Realguyman1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08
Tradepunter2:

No brother.... It's majority PPP with many players within and outside Nigeria working directly or having subsidiaries.

Even NASENI that had a subsidiary within certain domain paid the staffs involved very well.
Like one of the two local defence industries (I don't want to mention the name), most of the people working there are underpaid, and I they don't treat their workers well. Even common overall that even road side artisans do buy I share for their boys to work in the workshop, a company as big as them can't provide for their factory workers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of A BRT Bus Being Pushed / Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils / Two Nigerian Arrested In India For Duping People On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.