Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship (11890 Views)

‘kidnap Kingpin’ Wadume regains freedom, gets heroic Welcome In Taraba / Rivers: PDP Fumes As Fubara Defends Tinubu Over Peace Deal / Matawalle Arrives To A Heroic Homecoming As He Visits His Hometown (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Rebuker(m): 10:15am On Mar 07
It's na
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Mandate2023: 10:16am On Mar 07
Rahkman:
Ronu ppl go be like he is not igbo he is rivers grin

If rotimi Amaechi is not yoruba why should uzodinma from rivers be ibo......let ppl identify themselves stop forcing ur gullible tribe on them
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Umuinyioku: 11:05am On Mar 07
casualobserver:
Something is wrong with us as a people. We are not celebrating teachers, doctors, engineers etc, it is reality show stars we are recognizing….for doing what exactly?
Oho...ask them o!

Always celebrating mediocrity and less productive things.
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Umuinyioku: 11:08am On Mar 07
iLegendd:
Mr. Decoder, your remote isn't working.

Take me out of your big 3 tribal nonsense. I love how you 3 big tribes always fight and reconcile when Nigeria is playing football.

When I see Hausas, Yorubas and Igbos fight online, I always want to support the Igbos, then I regain my senses and stay neutral.

When 3 kids fight, there should be a father figure to separate them (Niger Delta).

So, I don't give a f*ck if 3 of you hate one another. All I care about is: after the fight, reconcile, watch football together, defend Nigeria online together when other countries abuse us, and when you're done, come meet daddy (Niger Delta), through your governor for you state allocation.

As a father, our job is to feed and separate our children when they fight.

That's all. Free Nnamdi Kanu, but one Nigeria forever.

I'm not Yoruba, I'm not Igbo and I'm not Hausa. I'm the father of Nigeria (Niger Delta). cheesy

We, the Niger Deltans, are the reason Nigeria is still standing and for that, we've assumed the father-figure position. Don't expect us to engage in any stupid fight online or offline. If we must fight, it's about resource control and nothing more.

Rubbish post!
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by abobote: 11:13am On Mar 07
Is like this governor is looking for something to celebrate. I haven't even heard about the show before
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by iLegendd(m): 11:47am On Mar 07
Umuinyioku:
Rubbish post!
Rest. As a Niger Deltans, I'll continue to act as a father figure when my 3 big kids fight. tongue
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Rahkman: 11:48am On Mar 07
iLegendd:
I'm from Rivers, not Igbo, but I love how Igbos always claim us. This makes me feel good and wanted. Knowing that there is someone who can do anytime to keep us and Igbos united gives me joy. Na pikin wey get money, popular, or fine na him people dey like associate with.

In the name of being united, I love how the Hausas don't want Nigeria to split. We die here. The marriage is forever. Hausas and Igbos are one.

I love how our governors always welcome any Rivers man/woman who achieves something for the state or the country like a royal.

This is a sign of encouragement for the rest of us. It may seem unnecessary, but appreciation is part of moral support for the rest of us who are watching from home.

Omah Lay should win Grammy let's welcome him too.

we no dey talk about drunk ijaw ppl no ddy whine urself nobody dey claim una

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by iLegendd(m): 11:58am On Mar 07
Rahkman:
we no dey talk about drunk ijaw ppl no ddy whine urself nobody dey claim una
I'm not even Ijaw or any of those other ones. Let's assume I was, I would've loved it also. I just love how obsessed you people are with Rivers state. Small thing, Rivers is Igbo. Nwabali is Igbo, blah blah blah. His name is Igbo, so he's Igbo. So, all those Nigerians answering English names are from England? Anyway, this dragging us makes me feel good. Who doesn't want to be desired?

Since we're not talking about drunk Ijaw people, let's talk about pushing drugs, being insincere in everything and producing fake products at any given opportunity while ruining the reputation of Nigeria abroad with crime. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Rahkman: 12:04pm On Mar 07
iLegendd:
I'm not even Ijaw or any of those other ones. Let's assume I was, I would've loved it also. I just love how obsessed you people are with Rivers state. Small thing, Rivers is Igbo. Nwabali is Igbo, blah blah blah. His name is Igbo, so he's Igbo. So, all those Nigerians answering English names are from England? Anyway, this dragging us makes me feel good. Who doesn't want to be desired? cheesy

shut up egbema for rivers and egbema for imo state weytin differentiate them??
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by iLegendd(m): 12:06pm On Mar 07
Rahkman:
shut up egbema for rivers and egbema for imo state weytin differentiate them??
Come and carry Rivers state. We don leave am for you. Must you always want to associate with us by force? Learn to love yourself and leave people who don't want you.
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by PropertyBuying(f): 1:02pm On Mar 07
Congratulations to both grin
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by Melagros(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07
Eriggs:

Have you met a governor before?
Yes, Fidelis Tapgun of Plateau State in 1993, were you born then? Also
Rotimi Ameachi of Rivers State
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by SSpeter(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07
iLegendd:
I'm not even Ijaw or any of those other ones. Let's assume I was, I would've loved it also. I just love how obsessed you people are with Rivers state. Small thing, Rivers is Igbo. Nwabali is Igbo, blah blah blah. His name is Igbo, so he's Igbo. So, all those Nigerians answering English names are from England? Anyway, this dragging us makes me feel good. Who doesn't want to be desired?

Since we're not talking about drunk Ijaw people, let's talk about pushing drugs, being insincere in everything and producing fake products at any given opportunity while ruining the reputation of Nigeria abroad with crime. cheesy

It depends on the part of Rivers you are from, and your family affiliation. Despite being from Rivers, Isiokpo to be precise and my mum being from Imo, I have always seen myself as Igbo, infact I speak it and when we travel to my mum's place we share same values. Our dialects may differ just like how an Anambra dialect is different from an Owerri. Infact my cousins can understand my dialect better than an Igbo from Ebonyi or Enugu ... perhaps, you are from the southern part of Rivers who are clearly not Igbo, like the IJaws, Kalabari and Okirika....

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by SpatialKing(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07
iLegendd:
I'm from Rivers, not Igbo, but I love how Igbos always claim us. This makes me feel good and wanted. Knowing that there is someone who can do anytime to keep us and Igbos united gives me joy. Na pikin wey get money, popular, or fine na him people dey like associate with.

In the name of being united, I love how the Hausas don't want Nigeria to split. We die here. The marriage is forever. Hausas and Igbos are one.

I love how our governors always welcome any Rivers man/woman who achieves something for the state or the country like a royal.

This is a sign of encouragement for the rest of us. It may seem unnecessary, but appreciation is part of moral support for the rest of us who are watching from home.

Rivers is not a tribe in Nigeria
Igbo is not a state is not a state

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by wiseoneking: 3:13pm On Mar 07
iLegendd:

You are from rivers state and not Igbo but which tribe are you since rivers state is not a TRIBE.

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by fortunez1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07
Sim is Mr too slow
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by iLegendd(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07
SSpeter:
It depends on the part of Rivers you are from, and your family affiliation. Despite being from Rivers, Isiokpo to be precise and my mum being from Imo, I have always seen myself as Igbo, infact I speak it and when we travel to my mum's place we share same values. Our dialects may differ just like how an Anambra dialect is different from an Owerri. Infact my cousins can understand my dialect better than an Igbo from Ebonyi or Enugu ... perhaps, you are from the southern part of Rivers who are clearly not Igbo, like the IJaws, Kalabari and Okirika....
You have a point, but these Igbo guys that arrogantly say Rivers is Igbo don't care about this thing you wrote. All they know is: River is Igbo and nothing else. It's annoying and insulting. This is like calling an Arab man a caucasian. He'll be offended.

Since they can't let us rest in claiming Rivers to be Igbo, I'm also happy the Hausas can't let them rest too in achieving their Biafra. What goes around comes around. Let's stay united as one Nigeria for ever and not leave one another.

1 Like

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by SSpeter(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07
iLegendd:
You have a point, but these Igbo guys that arrogantly say Rivers is Igbo don't care about this thing you wrote. All they know is: River is Igbo and nothing else. It's annoying and insulting. This is like calling an Arab man a caucasian. He'll be offended.

Since they can't let us rest in claiming Rivers to be Igbo, I'm also happy the Hausas can't let them rest too in achieving their Biafra. What goes around comes around. Let's stay united as one Nigeria for ever and not leave one another.

One major misconception people have about Igbo is that they think all Igbos are one unit. It was when the white man came that we have a geography called Igbo, prior to that what was available were settlements and each unique in their own way. There are towns in Imo whose origins are Okirika and they call them Umuokirika (you can Google) they have been living in present day Imo for centuries and they still acknowledge their origin which is Okirika. My grandpa used to tell us that we have relatives in Imo that settled there a long time ago, the state creation in Nigeria did not take cognizance of familial affiliation and it is stupidity to think that all Igbos are the same. Infact after I did an extensive research I had realised that more than 10 large towns in Imo are from Rivers, just as the Ndonis have same dialect and culture with part of Anambra. It is people who are from Rivers that are supposed to bring in our brothers who are in Imo because most Imo communities have origin in Rivers. The Ozuzu community scattered around Mbano, Mbaise, and Mbaitoli all originated from the ancient kingdom of Ozuzu in Etche Rivers. Hence I do not bother myself with people whose family has no name or history to cloud my judgement about Igbos and Rivers
Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by iLegendd(m): 6:06pm On Mar 07
SSpeter:
One major misconception people have about Igbo is that they think all Igbos are one unit. It was when the white man came that we have a geography called Igbo, prior to that what was available were settlements and each unique in their own way. There are towns in Imo whose origins are Okirika and they call them Umuokirika (you can Google) they have been living in present day Imo for centuries and they still acknowledge their origin which is Okirika. My grandpa used to tell us that we have relatives in Imo that settled there a long time ago, the state creation in Nigeria did not take cognizance of familial affiliation and it is stupidity to think that all Igbos are the same. Infact after I did an extensive research I had realised that more than 10 large towns in Imo are from Rivers, just as the Ndonis have same dialect and culture with part of Anambra. It is people who are from Rivers that are supposed to bring in our brothers who are in Imo because most Imo communities have origin in Rivers. The Ozuzu community scattered around Mbano, Mbaise, and Mbaitoli all originated from the ancient kingdom of Ozuzu in Etche Rivers. Hence I do not bother myself with people whose family has no name or history to cloud my judgement about Igbos and Rivers
Great insight. I appreciate, but telling an Igbo man that some Igbos are originally from Rivers is the last thing he'll believe. I don't even want to argue this Igbo vs Rivers things. Let's just stay as one Nigeria forever or disintegrate into 4-6 nations.

2 Likes

Re: Heroic Homecoming As Fubara Awards Reality Show Winner, Uzodinma, Scholarship by CJStarz: 7:15pm On Mar 07
First,Nwabali the Super Eagles goalkeeper, and now Uzodimma.
Igbo people making Rivers proud from time immemorial yet they keep denying their Igboness

(1) (2) (Reply)

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva / PHOTOS: Sen. Gbenga Ashafa Picks APC Nomination Form / See The Individuals To Be Honoured At 10 Anniversary Of Eminent Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.