Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe (14008 Views)

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by naptu2: 6:12am On Mar 07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxVnJQ9G68?si=QBu37XHHf9iMeaGG

Senator Kashim Shettima @officialSKSM

FG Pays Glowing Tribute To Late Banking Titan, Herbert Wigwe, Family

* He bloomed long before his co-travellers- VP Shettima

Vice President @KashimSM on Wednesday led the nation to mourn former Group Chief Executive Officer of Access Holdings Plc, Chief Herbert Wigwe, and his family, who tragically died in a helicopter crash in the United States of America.

Senator @KashimSM, in a lyrical eulogy, described the late @HerbertOWigwe as an early bloomer who transformed the Nigerian banking industry, recalling his visionary leadership and unwavering dedication to his community.

Addressing a crowd of mourners in Lagos during the funeral service of the late banker, the Vice President said, "Herbert left us in winter before the season of bloom. Spring was just about to arrive at his last location, the United States when the Lord called for him.

“Spring is not the symbol of Herbert’s bloom; his journey was defined by peculiar seasons. He bloomed long before his co-travellers.

“This spring, for us, isn’t the season of festive flowers; it’s the season of wreaths. This spring, for us, isn’t a season of tears; it’s a celebration of Herbert’s flight to a height that only a few of God’s chosen ones have attained.”

Delivering his speech titled, "Herbert Wigwe: The Flower That Bloomed Before Spring," the VP highlighted Wigwe's early successes, his dream of building the "Harvard of Africa," and his commitment to leaving a lasting legacy.

"Herbert, though an early bloomer in the garden of life, didn't share the fate of those who faded away prematurely. His narrative was one of triumph. He conquered all there was to conquer," he said.

VP @KashimSM also regretted the tragic loss of Wigwe's wife, son, and others, describing the loss as a collective grief felt by many and a "fading fragrance of a garden that touched lives far beyond its borders".

He however urged Nigerians to celebrate "the divine miracle that was the lives the deceased lived," adding that "the spread of this grief that binds us is so because they cultivated a garden of success."

@KashimSM continued: "Their achievements were not just individual triumphs but testaments to the collective strength of those they touched, those they built, and those they inspired.

"The journey of our departed brothers and sisters may have ended in a distant land, but their spirits linger in the hearts of everyone here and beyond," the Vice President added. "May Herbert's legacy continue to bloom in the hearts and minds of those who strive for greatness."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by naptu2: 6:12am On Mar 07
Sanusi shed tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdO7SMy_fKY?si=3QO4eleJekNtgmCU

Sanusi Weeps In Emotional Tribute To Wigwe

A former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, broke down in tears on Wednesday while paying tribute to former Group Chief Executive Officer of Access Holdings Plc, Herbert Wigwe.

Addressing the crowd present for the night of tribute to the 57-year-old, the former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor said he was thinking he would leave Herbert.

“I was thinking I would die and leave Herbert. We have all heard about him, about his loyalty,” he said in an emotionally laden voice.

He recalled how the late banker stood by his side all through his travails after being removed as Emir of Kano by former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

According to the former Emir, Herbert assured him of his unflinching support and loyalty.

To match words with action, Lamido said Herbert provided a plane for him at the tarmac in Kano to convey him to Lagos.

“When I had problems in Kano, I called him about six months before I was told to leave Kano. I said to him, ‘Herbert I know you are doing all your best to solve all these problems, but I am convinced that this is what is going to happen.

“He said to me, ‘Your Highness, don’t worry. Whatever happens, don’t worry. We are here for you.’ On the day I heard on the radio that I was dethroned, I called him and said I wanted to come to Lagos.

“The announcement was made about 9 am, by noon Herbert had a plane at the tarmac in Kano. The plan then was to take me into exile for many years. I put my family on that plane and sent them to Lagos, with no phone calls. Herbert received them and put them in a hotel.

“Later, he got them accommodation. For months, when I came, they stayed there. Your Highness, if you want to travel, just call Shola.”

The former CBN said the late Access Bank CEO and his partner Aig Imoukhuede, were crucial to his success during his five-year stint at the apex bank.

He also narrated how they helped resolve a serious challenge in the banking sector at the time.

“The objective then was to link the banking sector assets to the real economy and Aig and Herbert in Access Bank were chosen as the chairpersons on the subcommittee on economic development. Most of what I achieved in the Central Bank would not have been possible without them.”

“About two years ago, I put all my savings in a trust for the education of my children because I have many. My priority as a father is to make sure that when I pass away, they will have a good education.

“Paul was a solicitor put in that trust, Herbert was the lead protector. Paul will remember when we had the first formal meeting, I said, ‘Herbert I am placing you in charge of this trust for the education of my children because I know that even if I died and did not leave any money, you will educate our children,” he said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/03/06/sanusi-weeps-in-emotional-tribute-to-wigwe/

4 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by naptu2: 6:12am On Mar 07
Herbert Wigwe's last day, by his PA, Sola Faleye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Pwsc0gxEs?si=MCKrf7I7C4YImSZ2

Five of us embarked on that journey and flew from London to Palm Springs, USA. Our luggage could not go with the chopper, so I decided to go with the luggage, and Dr. Wigwe agreed it was a brilliant idea.

https://twitter.com/ARISEtv/status/1765458827128762671?s=19

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by joseph1832(m): 6:23am On Mar 07
Mr Wigwe must have been someone of mighty importance when he was alive. Funny thing is, we don't really hear about him, neither was he talked about like a celebrity, not until his death. Bottom line, live a good life and always try and create an impact on people's lives.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by bro4u: 6:58am On Mar 07
He made an impact not just in Nigeria but in Africa as a whole. He'll be truly missed by all! RIP to a great banker.

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by adioolayi(m): 6:59am On Mar 07
V.P Kashim Shettima is very good with words.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by LordGuru1: 7:00am On Mar 07
Ok
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by WealthyNigerian: 7:01am On Mar 07
bro4u:
He made an impact not just in Nigeria but in Africa as a whole. He'll be truly missed by all! RIP to a great banker.
Yes, have you seen the latest: https://www.nairaland.com/8022727/shes-making-all-africans-proud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by sofeo(m): 7:03am On Mar 07
May His soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by ProudNigerian01: 7:06am On Mar 07
What's with that girl sitting to give a handshake to the VP when men like Osinbajo and Dangote dey stand? Na new generation things or just ignorance?

Wigwe was a man of impact sha. God rest his soul.

It is a noteworthy thing to impact our society positively so that in the event that we leave this world our names will continue to echo.

Do good to men and Honour God in your actions.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by BigYash: 7:06am On Mar 07
Shitman and Dangote ... Shitman be like.. Guy you never come see me with my percentage o..

Rip H.Wigwe!
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Olarewaju89: 7:07am On Mar 07
My condolences to his family. cry

God cancelled your plans to save your life. He sent you the other direction to avoid danger. He fights battles you know nothing about.

His plan is better than yours.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by AllahOfBlood: 7:07am On Mar 07
angry

There's really nothing in this life we live, some make money others make noise but in the end dead await us all. Live a good life while u breath and touch lives while u can. In the end nothing will be left of us than the name we will leave behind and what people will remember us for while we live.

May the soul of Harbert Wiwige, his wife, son and other faithfuls departed through the mercy of God rest in perfect peace

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Modecaih: 7:09am On Mar 07
God comfort his family,,Amen

2 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Goodlady(f): 7:09am On Mar 07
Still crying...
He was loved by all in the family.

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by makavalley(m): 7:13am On Mar 07
Herbert was very vital to this men. Dangote the richest man in Africa cried , former CBN governor cried..what a life we can't determine because next minute you're the all hale and hearty and next minute you're out of this world

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Oghene86: 7:16am On Mar 07
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by egojeny1(f): 7:17am On Mar 07
Watched the program and couldn't sleep afterwards. It is well. RIP to him.

That his PA was damn lucky. The way God singled him out by directing him to go by road with the luggage. He would've been a dead person by now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Chucks13: 7:17am On Mar 07
Wait biko, what type of yeye destiny are all these becoming extremely popular after death I swear it make no sense.

Same was Mohbad now Wigwe this Wigwe that, Wigwe airport, Wigwe stadium, Wigwe Cathederal, Wigwe Road, Wigwe aircraft, Wigwe Airport etc pls let this man rest we are talking about almost entire family wiped out and you are here talking Wigwe that and that nonsense. Pls to what usefulness to a dead man all these plenty talks?

Sorry anyone who want to come to this world with this type of glory should better not come at all because it is useless.
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Kennyztech: 7:17am On Mar 07
Busy body shetima

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by money121(m): 7:20am On Mar 07
Ok
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Mar 07
We pay more attention to the dead than the living!

Many are suffering to feed now but let them die, the family will contribute for owanbe and Ankara for the funeral party!

The food the dead couldn't get in 10 years would be consumed in some hours or days!

Abeg, make we forget Wigwe!

3 Likes

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Reelmii: 7:22am On Mar 07
Nice
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by callmevirus(m): 7:23am On Mar 07
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

RIP Wigwe
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Angelfrost(m): 7:23am On Mar 07
Rest on Herbert...!

No amount of wealth can interrupt the hands of mortality.
Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Bubu4Sea: 7:29am On Mar 07
What is Boko Haram commander Shettima doing there?

https://twitter.com/DavidHarts2/status/1587704810345824256?s=19

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Toluwanise247(m): 7:30am On Mar 07
Vp is one of the best brain in north

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima, Others Pay Tribute To Herbert Wigwe by Djele: 7:30am On Mar 07
How many poor life did he impact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / Buhari Appoints Amos Isaac Azi, Investment And Securities Tribunal Chairman / 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.