Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' (14149 Views)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2010
'Who lodged N9.3bn into my bank account?'
Written by Taiwo Olanrewaju
Sunday, September 5, 2010

WHAT has remained a puzzle to Ade-yemi Durojaye, a Higher National Diploma (HND) 1 Student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, is the identity of the person who lodged N9,309,019,869.91k into his savings account.

More puzzling, however, is the swift manner with which the money disappeared from his account without any trace of it in his statement of account.

According to the civil engineering student, he had a little over N3,000 in his account and was going home for the weekend on Friday, 13th August, 2010.

So, Durojaye went to the First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Ibadan Poly 4 branch, with the intention of cashing N2,000.

It was about 6.57 p.m., so, he had to use his Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card.

"I was perlexed when I printed out my receipt and saw the balance in my account. I became weak and tired. Nine billion, three hundred and nine million, nineteen thousand, eight hundred and sixty nine naira, ninety one kobo. How did this amount get into my account?" I wondered.

To authenticate the ATM's claim, he withdrew N20,000 from the amount. But on Saturday when he went to check his account again, the money had disappeared from his account.

He, however, went to report the incident to the manager of the bank, a woman, on Monday morning.

He declared his intention to return the N20,000 he withdrew from the amount. The bank manager gave her approval but collected the triplicate copy of the teller which Durojaye used to lodge the money into his account.

Durojaye later collected his statement of account, which had no record of the over N9 billion in it.

Although it has the record of the N20,000 which he refunded, that had also disappeared from his account, leaving a balance of a little over N1,000.

When the Nigerian Tribune visited the branch on Wednesday, the manager was said to be on leave while the Branch Operation Manager, claimed ignorance of the incident and referred the Nigerian Tribune to the bank's head office in Lagos.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/5/624.html
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by komando1: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2010
Billionaire for a day.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by chosen04(f): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2010
WAS HE DAY DREAMING?

Poor students have a way of Fantasing a DREAM into happening . . . . . . . .in their conciousness of rational reasoning (sic)
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by chosen04(f): 9:00am On Sep 07, 2010
Seriously, this guy should be investigated for ''kidnapping'' N20k knowing fully well that it didnt belong to him. Its obvious the dude has the tendencies to steal kidnapp from his actions.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by slap1(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2010
^Do u have the tendency to talk shyt? D guy wanted to confirm somtin and finally returned d money, how's that bad?
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Woke4all(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2010
Still on, He should sue the bank
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2010
Woke4all:

Still on, He should sue the bank

They have collected every trace of the evidence and destroyed same.

I posted this just to show the kind of money moving behind the scenes: talk about corruption fight. It might have to do with 2011 elections (thats my thinking anyway).

I am really surprised at the drift of the contributions here: it seemed we are not even in the least surprised that such things are happening in our banks, rather they are accusing the good Nigerian who withdrew just N20,000 to enable him confirm that the money in his account was real.

He approached the bank to complain and return the money and somebody here has the heart to call him names while ignoring the wolves who are bent on destroying our nation.

We must be concerned! Who put the money into the account and for what purpose? Why is the bank covering it up?

Nigeria!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by slap1(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2010
This should get more publicity. I've the feeling that bank managers now use accounts of apparently poor customers to lodge money for our poli-thieves-ians. And there was no record of an SMS alert for the deposit, if not for the ATM reciept the guy wouldn't have known how 'rich' he just got. This should make the front page, Nairaland should be used to expose corrupt deeds in this country(not that it's been doing otherwise)
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2010
The boy should report to EFCC !!!
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Beaf: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2010
First Bank of Nigeria Plc. . . If this is true, na wa!
Whoever heard of ghost bank balances?

The receipts might have been destroyed, but the electronic traces will still remain in one form or the other, but 9ja no de do forensics. embarassed
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by TippyTop(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

Seriously, this guy should be investigated for ''kidnapping'' N20k knowing fully well that it didnt belong to him. Its obvious the dude has the tendencies to steal kidnapp from his actions.

chosen04:

WAS HE DAY DREAMING?

Poor students have a way of Fantasing a DREAM into happening . . . . . . . .in their conciousness of rational reasoning (sic)

Was the above meant as a joke?
Seriously what post was the above poster reading?
Sometimes its better not to say a word for the above post confirmed the poster's idiocy.

1 Like

Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by otokx(m): 11:37am On Sep 07, 2010
The name of the bank and the branch should be exposed.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by desgiezd(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2010
chosen04:

I wonder what actions you are referring to. You obviously need to read that story again!

1 Like

Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by seanet02: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2010
IBB
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by opuro(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2010
nna i weak o
naija 4 life! cool
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Beaf: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2010
otokx:

The name of the bank and the branch should be exposed.

It has been. Its;

So, Durojaye went to the First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Ibadan Poly 4 branch, with the intention of cashing N2,000.

Thing is, are our police capable of investigating this? Or will they just collect roger as usual?
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by slap1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2010
seanet02:

IBB
IBB is not a newbie to money laundering, he's got a PhD in that for crying out loud! You should be calling people like Ikedi Ohakim, T.A. Orji, Peter Obi and even the bank's branch manager. . .
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by philip0906(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
Too much money in circulation
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by ud4u: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2010
Wonders they say shall never end, why do the boy return the 20k without getting explanation of the matter.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by hayo(m): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2010
Its a clear case of money laundering.
The bankers with their cronies look out for accounts with owners who don't have much transactions. They move the money through such and the owner won't even know. They were just unfortunate that the guy went to cash money on the same day.
The Nigerian Police, if effective have a good case on their hands.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by sizzlers(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
chai chai, if na me, i go withdraw ATM MAXIMUM LIMIT THAT DAY

1 Like

Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by adagz01(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
Opportunity comes but once.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Brownteeth(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
Maybe I should be checking my account balance daily to catch when even N50,000 will fall in. God knows what will happen to the money.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by suedoh2006(m): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2010
My guy make una cool down. Banks make such mistakes from time to time.It also happen here in the USA. All they said was transaction error.So is possible for them to credit money ino someone account by mistake and discredit it at the same time.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by mjbaba: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The boy should report to EFCC !!!

for wetin? na him money??
Woke4all:

Still on,  He should sue the bank

for what? dem carry him money??

seriously, the responses here have been very interesting. Whats the big deal here? An obvious error led to someone's account being credit and it was reversed. kini Big deal? there is no frau anywia. if the bank staff had wanted to be fraudulent, they would have credit the sum to an account whose owner they know or an account opened for that purpose. its not in these days of transaction alert that they will credit one student's account with the intention of fraud.

1 Like

Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by orangemen: 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2010
nigeria is such a stupid country.
efcc will tell u any amount above N4m paid in at once in a cooperate account will be investigated and above N2m once on individual account will also be investigated.
here we are talking abt billions of naira in a savings account.
most of the things we see and hear abt nigeria are indicators that this country is nothing but a joke.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by ayo84(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
omo, if na some boys for lagos, dey for don siphon 100 million from that account on a kentro level
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Ignatio(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2010
I dey vex for the guy angry angry. In this hardship he took only #20,000 and still reported to the Bank manager( not so cool) SMH sad sad. The guy no try. If it's me I'll make sure I withdraw a resonable amount to set me up for life. I wishnI got this opportunity cry cry.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by ayo84(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2010
And to think ,maybe the money belongs to one high profiled goverment politician,and thats his personal loot.
and to simply siphon it,is taking your own share of the national cake.

but, he did the right thing sha,its good to be honest
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by cmespeak: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
Na dis kain tin naim  person dey pray for, say God bless me anyhow.Naim God bless am with 9billa and d guy go report why him nor withdraw at most 1milla from different accounts sharply, abi u think say the authorities go fit talk.Guy e be like say u nor like pepper, u for  cme call me make i give u use of money 101 tutorials.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by Moralistli(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
needless 2 say something is amiss in da bank, ' Dats' Republic of Banana''4 u where d un-heard of usually happen.  OOOJe.
Re: 'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' by zenus(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2010
This guy funny o
He could have still busy with transfer or ATM all through the weekend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Lottery Commission's Billions Vanish! Faces N252M Deficit Shock! / The True Size Of Africa (picture) / Watch How Olawepo Hashim Mocked President Buhari With ''za Oza Room''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.