Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor (27465 Views)

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Lalong Appoints Shehu Bala, Hausa-Fulani As Chairman, Plateau Indigenes Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Franking: 4:32pm On Mar 07
Fake news. Yorubas are one. After all is Tinumbu not from Osun State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Jokerman(m): 4:58pm On Mar 07
SonOfDSoil01:
ibo man how is that your business cheesy? Does any of the names there sound ibo to you? Why can’t you face Anambala where you still practice your Osu caste system in 2024, not faraway Sw where we don’t share anything in common, not even border😂

Eleribu... Gbajue Man like you
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by tollyboy5(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07
Elliotwaveforec:

Ijebu boy, your comprehension skill is low!

You gave Kosoko refuge along with his Nupe guards; they're with you Ijebus till today trying to claim your land. Go and ask your elders about land matters in Epe currently; the visitors (Nupes) are taking you Ijebus to Supreme court to grab your land.
Dey play

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/court-declares-awujale-oloja-rightful-owners-of-disputed-epe-land/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 5:18pm On Mar 07
grin

spiSeyi:
Gbadebo's camp at work grin the Yorubas are not divided Lagosians or anybody from SW can govern any SW state as long as he is accepted. We are Omoluabis for a reason, GRV paid erats from alaigbo should rest grin

99% of Lagos State Land Mass was carved out of Awolowo's Yoruba Western Region
They should at least have the Courtesy to return it before telling the other Yorubas who own it to Shut up

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by tollyboy5(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07
TopBanter:

They can't be relevant bro. Other than their name and claim to being "original Lagos family" what have they done for Lagos?

The likes of Awolowo, probably the greatest Yoruba man ever in the opinion of many, did so much exemplary things to show that Yorubas should think and act as a regional unit of merit-driven progress and self-paced development.

You should ask yourself why these so called "original Lagos family" have no sagacious sons all Yorubas, from MC Oluomo and Sego all the way to the obanikoros and Elegushis etal, can respect plus support passionately as is the case with Tinubu and others.

Who will dash you 'relevance in this modern age if you cannot get in the ring and battle other galdiators to overcome them and dominate?

Remember no ethnic group favours merit or vote as meritocratically as the Yorubas do. If they want relevance let them leave their Ivory tower and privilege to go and conquer Agege, Alimosho, Mushin etal instead of thinking Lagos begins and end with Ikoyi and VI.

They should not shout for relevance. They should make themselves relevant if they truly possess the ability, beyond words, to do so. That is the Yoruba way and always has been from the days of Oduduwa when the battle to lead ile Ife was fierce.

Lagos is a modern microcosm of ancient Ife.
Lagos has nothing to do with Ife. Yes we're making ourself relevant and taking back what belong to us thanks.
If Yoruba are one then ibile should rule their homeland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 5:22pm On Mar 07
EzeChukwuIgbo:
Peter girigory Obi are already crying and mourning over the news, what concern them about Lagos, the same set of hypocrites that rejected Bianca Ojukwu because she was not from Anambra, the set of people that refused Betty Akeredolu because she married a yoruba, the same set of confused people that want to use Yoruba name to ridicule an igbo man are blabbering and bickering over Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Slytiger: 5:26pm On Mar 07
Franking:
Fake news. Yorubas are one. After all is Tinumbu not from Osun State?
And Jakande is from Omu Aran in Kwara state. These PDP boys can go and jump inside lagoon if they don't like it grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by WizardOfNG: 5:27pm On Mar 07
DWickedLandLord:

Tell me what you own for that Lagos.
I'm in the mood to embarrass someone

Oya....go

Typical Nigerian. Obsessed with materialism as a way of validating worth, status and importance over others.

"Do you know who I am"?
"Do you know how much my watch cost?
"Do you know how much my car cost?
"My shoe can buy your lineage"
Etc, etc, etc.

Yet Bill Gate etal who can buy your whole region, let alone your wretched Village, are the model of humility and servitude to others.

Want to know why Africa is backward? Look in the mirror.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 5:37pm On Mar 07
tollyboy5:

Lagos has nothing to do with Ife. Yes we're making ourself relevant and taking back what belong to us thanks.
If Yoruba are one then ibile should rule their homeland

Awori, Ijebu even the Egun of Lagos all Migrated from Ile Ife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Oracleforce: 5:43pm On Mar 07
atiku4President:
Nonsense. When they finish fighting Igbos and other Nigerians who go there to develop Nigeria, they will turn their swords against themselves. Watch out and enjoy the carnage. The reason for their human capital under development is glaring

Bitter Obi loser crew spotted....

Amy thinks Lagos state, Tinubu, and Yoruba people will always generate traffic on this platform....because all these poto poto people are always embittered about the three entities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 5:50pm On Mar 07
PointZerom:

This is why they say that Lagos is a no man's land but they always twist it against the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 5:53pm On Mar 07
Irony1:

Shut up go back to Okitipupa and develop it stop fighting for Lagos. Since you don't want to go back, then if dem born you well stop me on the road and say this rubbish to my face, if you will not see God that day.

OKITIPUPA is Ilaje
Ilaje are among the indigenous people of Lagos

That was one of the reasons why Ojukwu’s Army Occuped OKITIPUPA in 1967
it was the fastest route to Lagos by Water
Eastern Lagos is part of the Ilaje Ethnic Homeland

Don’t just open your. mouth and pour out Trash ask Questions
Can you see how you have provoked your hosts even more
Many Awori also have Ilaje Ancestors including the Oba of Lagos

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/history-lagos-aboriginal-tribes/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by tollyboy5(m): 6:09pm On Mar 07
christistruth01:

Awori, Ijebu even the Egun of Lagos all Migrated from Ile Ife

Not my part of ijebu grin
My part came direct from ijebu ode and we came from east Africa
Intermarriage with Ife descendant has caused a lot of misinformation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by fred04(m): 6:14pm On Mar 07
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Pepperdemisback: 6:15pm On Mar 07
atiku4President:
Nonsense. When they finish fighting Igbos and other Nigerians who go there to develop Nigeria, they will turn their swords against themselves. Watch out and enjoy the carnage. The reason for their human capital under development is glaring
What's this one saying? I don't know why you people always think people care about your existence. An Imo indigene cannot work in Anambra Civil Service. No Igbo is allowed to work in any Civil Service in another Igbo state. Bianca from Enugu was not allowed to contest in Anambra. Aketi's wife was flogged in Imo state but she's imposing Igbos in Ondo Civil Service. Less than 10% voted in last Anambra election but Igbos were fighting to vote in Lagos.
You people should even commend them for allowing other SW to vote and rule.
Hope Chinedu is not having hope already?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by EzeChukwuIgbo: 6:16pm On Mar 07
remi2good:
is that all you can come up with? I've already told you that you're irrelevant and you can never come up with anything relevant
You don't have to tell what you are telling your mother
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by tollyboy5(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07
christistruth01:

OKITIPUPA is Ilaje
Ilaje are among the indigenous people of Lagos /
Okiti pupa is ikale and ilaje and ikale have similar language just like urobo and isoko.
I don't know the history of those tribe but my mum is ikale.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by newoffer: 7:03pm On Mar 07
Just organize Owambe they will forget all this agitations. Now only lateef,tajudeen n Bashir. Dem don take the Lagos since u all will rather party n merry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Sunday2021: 7:12pm On Mar 07
Lagos is a prison under Tinubu. He decides who rules Lagos. I have never seen mumu people like those Lagos indigenes. A man from Osun state is deciding the fate of all the Yoruba race.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Sunday2021: 7:15pm On Mar 07
mikeapollo:

Foolish talk!
Igbos and other Nigerians go where to develop?
Are the Igbos and other Nigerians not in Northern Nigeria and South-south? Why don't you claim that Igbos go to the north and south-south to develop them like you do about Lagos?

There are many businessmen and intellectuals from Yoruba and other tribes (South-South, Middle belt, etc. ) living in other parts of Nigeria, but they do not claim that they go to those places to develop them.

It is only Igbos that claim to be developing Lagos.

It is an insult to the indigenes of a place when visitors, aliens and migrants claim that they come to their place to develop it. If that is the case, stay in your towns and develop them; nobody needs your kind of ''development''.
because Lagos is a noman's land.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by chopnaira: 7:16pm On Mar 07
christistruth01:
grin

99% of Lagos State Land Mass was carved out of Awolowo's Yoruba Western Region
They should at least have the Courtesy to return it before telling the other Yorubas who own it to Shut up

No one even takes those PDP goons serious.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by chopnaira: 7:19pm On Mar 07
Sunday2021:
Lagos is a prison under Tinubu. He decides who rules Lagos. I have never seen mumu people like those Lagos indigenes. A man from Osun state is deciding the fate of all the Yoruba race.
Yoruba race started from Osun. An Ibo boy from a far away land will not know that, so it is understandable.

Picture below are Aworis and their kings in Ife, Osun state paying homage to the Ooni of Ife. E shock you bah 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by Sunday2021: 7:35pm On Mar 07
chopnaira:

Yoruba race started from Osun. An Ibo boy from a far away land will not know that, so it is understandable.

Picture below are Aworis and their kings in Ife, Osun state paying homage to the Ooni of Ife. E shock you bah 😂
shock me for what? Only uneducated miscreants are ruled by a single drug lord.
You can't see one man deciding the fate of igbos because they are educated enough to know the right from the wrong. Check the middle belt you cannot see only one person dishing orders to millions. Nobody is worshipped in the middle belt like the Yorubas are worshipping Tinubu.
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by oyatz(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07
Jokerman:
Honestly it's annoying.

A real lagosian cannot go to Oyo, Or Sound state to be a governor,or even house assembly gan sef.

But you will see Oyo, Ogun, Ondo coming to Lagos to be claiming seat... Imagine Desmond Elliott in the house, someone that his state Edo,another tribe cannot even dare...

Indigenes of Lagos should take their Lagos back... Next election I'm supporting Funsho Doherty, a real Lagosian

But Doharty's ancestry is from Ogun State nau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by DWickedLandLord: 7:58pm On Mar 07
WizardOfNG:

Typical Nigerian. Obsessed with materialism as a way of validating worth, status and importance over others.

"Do you know who I am"?
"Do you know how much my watch cost?
"Do you know how much my car cost?
"My shoe can buy your lineage"
Etc, etc, etc.

Yet Bill Gate etal who can buy your whole region, let alone your wretched Village, are the model of humility and servitude to others.

Want to know why Africa is backward? Look in the mirror.

I NO GET would have sufficed my guy

Leave Lagos voice to those that actually pay her taxes and levies. If you think it's easy try am

I know what I have paid n still paying
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by PHAYOL81: 8:04pm On Mar 07
Another sect coming out to roar and as usual, crawl back into a deep hole down a cave.
The reason they don't last on stage is the support and I don't think they'll get much of it this time too because many other LAGOSIANS are workers in the parastatal while the other section are comfortably happy with the infrastructural development the people in power are bringing into the state; especially as these leaders are of YORUBA descent too.
This one is DOA.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by DWickedLandLord: 8:11pm On Mar 07
Reading majority of these epistles , clear to see most of you have never built shit for Lagos. If you have, your respect for Igbos would grow immensely.

Millions I have paid to the local families plus Oba
Millions I have paid to Alausa
Millions I am spending to even develop the street

I have bought electric poles, night light, fixing the road from my gate ...etc

I'm just a man from Onitsha
If you think it's easy, YOU go do am

They never stopped selling land for Anambra
Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by WizardOfNG: 8:59pm On Mar 07
tollyboy5:

If you do not have a son of Ijebu Ode sagacious enough to lead Lagos then it won't happen despite your entitlement talk.

Name alone is no entitlement in Lagos where relevant experience, maturity, ability and being the 'right' fit is supreme. Lagos politics is very different to politics in the rest of the SW.

This is why I compared Lagos leadership politics to affairs in Ife of old but you did not get the nuanced meaning and interpreted literally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by muhammaduyusufu: 9:01pm On Mar 07
tollyboy5:

You said you are from Epe. In 1904 When the Akarigbo wanted to chase the elepe away, it was the Ooni that came to settle their quarrel. The ekepe was not allowed to wear a crown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by christistruth01: 9:05pm On Mar 07
tollyboy5:

Grab a Seat

Ijebu Came from Ile Ife
The only issue is that they migrated before Oduduwa was born
The Ijebu migrated out of Ile Ife under the Obatala dynasty
Just like the Owo and Original Benin People did

Yes aboriginal Yoruba and the Kanuri are relatives and till today there are still indigenous Kanuri in Sudan
but the Ijebu had long settled in Ife before migration

Even Oduduwa was related to the Sudan because Oral History tells us that on one occasion when
Oduduwa went to help his relatives in War he came back to Ile Ife with Camels as spoils of War
Most Ife people hadn’t seen Camels before then

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor by muhammaduyusufu: 9:07pm On Mar 07
Pepperdemisback:

What's this one saying? I don't know why you people always think people care about your existence. An Imo indigene cannot work in Anambra Civil Service. No Igbo is allowed to work in any Civil Service in another Igbo state. Bianca from Enugu was not allowed to contest in Anambra. Aketi's wife was flogged in Imo state but she's imposing Igbos in Ondo Civil Service. Less than 10% voted in last Anambra election but Igbos were fighting to vote in Lagos.
You people should even commend them for allowing other SW to vote and rule.
Hope Chinedu is not having hope already?
Anambra civil service employment in screenshot below. Candidates must be indigenes of Anambra.

If you go to the Lagos civil service, they are so liberal atjay even ibos are getting positions in the civil service. One is a director in the legal department and was even campaigning for Tinubu in the last presidential election. He got scholarship to complete law school at LASU. .

While Peter Obi was chasing away and deporting other ibos from holding positions in Anambra and even market positions, his daughter was working as a school teacher in the Lagos state civil service.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Breaking: Mimiko, Akala Endorse Buhari For Re-election / One Shot Dead As Protesting Shiite Members Attack Police Team In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.