Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks (16232 Views)

Househelp Who Fled With Her Madam's Son In Lagos Arrested In Ogun / Kaduna Bandits Kill 13, Injure 7, Raze 56 Houses (Photos) / Inmate Who Fled In Edo Killed Neighbour Who Testified Against Him In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Kuginzi: 5:53am On Mar 08
Sani Abdullahi, one of the teachers of Government Secondary School (GSS), Kuriga in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State, says a total of 287 students are in captivity.

Daily Trust had reported how bandits invaded the school on Thursday morning, abducting pupils and teachers.

"We became confused, we didn’t know where to go. Then, the bandits asked us to enter the bush, so we obeyed them because they were many and the pupils, who are about 700, were following us. So, when we entered the bush, I was lucky to escape alongside many others. I returned to the village and reported what happened to the community.

So, immediately our vigilante and personnel of KADVIS followed the bandits, but the vigilante did not succeed, in fact, the bandits killed one of the vigilante, we just buried him a short while ago.

"It was when we came back from that pursuit that we briefed the Village Head and we started making efforts to know the actual number of pupils and teachers taken away by the bandits. At GSS Kuriga, 187 students are presently missing. In the primary school, 125 pupils were initially missing, but, 25 of them escaped and returned home.”

Addressing the community, the governor said, “In my capacity as your elected Governor, I am assuring you that by the grace of God, all the children will return unhurt. Before coming here, I spoke with the National Security Adviser (NSA), Malam Nuhu Ribadu and we are making efforts, the security forces have swung into action and by God’s grace, we will rescue the children.

"We will do whatever we need to do to ensure safe return of these children, even if it means coming to Kuriga to stay with you. The essence of government is protection of citizens lives and property. We recognized the fact that we are holding this position in trust for the people and by God’s grace, we will protect the citizens’ rights. I am one of the prominent voices on the issue of security. When I was in the Senate, I moved the motion for the creation of State Police.

"We have realised that there are not enough boots on ground, that is why we feel that if there is State Police, every community like Kuriga will have people in the Police and they would be armed with AK-47 rifles. That is the only way we would be able to protect the lives and property of the citizens. The vigilantes are not as armed as the bandits, because they don’t have AK-47, that is why the bandits are constantly causing us destructions. They come in to humiliate, kill and abduct our citizens.

"Since I received the sad news of this incident, I have not had rest of mind because every child in Kaduna state is my child. So, I don’t want you people to be disturbed. Let us pray to God to help and on our part as a government, we will not rest until these children return home. We are going to select seven people from this community, who will be part of a committee, where we would be having discussions.”

The governor also promised to establish a Police Station and military camp in the community.
https://dailytrust.com/kaduna-bandits-holding-287-students-teacher-who-fled-captivity-speaks/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Nukilia: 6:01am On Mar 08
The DSS should be able to identify their location.

28 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Malroux: 6:22am On Mar 08
Nukilia:
The DSS should be able to identify their location.
Did the DSS identify the location of chibok girls when Tinubu in connivance with Buhari, Shettima and others played president Jonathan? What goes around comes around. Tinubu's own is too fast.

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by EmekaBlue(m): 7:02am On Mar 08
Only in Nigeria the fantastically corrupt country- Former UK Prime minister

These bandits to pull out large stunt like this are well sponsored by rich northern polithiefcians in power... Na so them go feed all these multitudes with their stored large food items like hidden pallatives and the rest for maybe 2weeks or more then collect their massively huge ransom from the government. Pure terrorism business

35 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Cassandraloius: 7:02am On Mar 08
One politician Is behind this nonsense.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by YellowbaMoslem: 7:02am On Mar 08
I saw this on Al Jazeera last night, and i was very ashamed of Nigeria.

Tinubu has not achieved anything in any sector since he became the president of Nigeria. All the sectors got worse under him.

Like play like play, it will get to South.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by SoNature(m): 7:02am On Mar 08
I don't understand the essence of BNV and NIN if these people can still strike and succeed. No doubt, this goes to show that many people are benefitting from this in the North.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by mytime24(f): 7:03am On Mar 08
"Bandits" Northern polithieftians side hustle

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Jokerman(m): 7:03am On Mar 08
These bandits no dey fear sha...

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by marlow1962(m): 7:03am On Mar 08
A fight against boko haram is a fight against the north.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by GanagiBitrus: 7:04am On Mar 08
"An Attack on Boko Haram (aka Bandits) is an Attack on the North"
~Buhari

The North does not truly desire an end to Boko Haram aka Bandits.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by composure: 7:04am On Mar 08
Election have consequences...
Muslim Muslim tickets says I will handle security while the president handles the economy

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by NEUDUDE: 7:05am On Mar 08
Lol #BRING BACK OUR GIRLS grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Gadafii: 7:06am On Mar 08
I hope he’ll rufai the short midget terrorist enabler is happy where ever he is

9 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by malali: 7:06am On Mar 08

From Chibok to Kuriga.
How to kidnap a sitting president politically
So they carried 287 people in Kuriga ?
One fulani herdsman will lead 300 cows from Maiduguri to lokoja, back and forth complete, not one missing
Who drove the buses, At least 10 coaster buses are required ?
Who saw them ? What road did they follow ?
Of course a lot of people would see 287 people being carted away ?
When they drove away they will buy petrol ?
Did the cars have plate numbers ?
Did the cell phones connect to the towers where they were picked up ?
If you share 5 million Naira to the right people in that community ...
They will tell you where the 287 people are.

A lot of people are seeing weakness in this regime.
The earlier the president establishes dominance, there wont be peace if you use a friendly approach all the time.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Geonigga(m): 7:06am On Mar 08
Nigeria is a failed state, may the supporters of APC never have peace in their entire life

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by ogaontop(m): 7:07am On Mar 08
Chibok Repay.
May these children return back safely!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by seborrhic: 7:08am On Mar 08
Yet,Tinubu is allowed to still occupy the seat,despite our worst economic and living crisis and despite our worst kidnapping crisis since 1914.
We are not ready yet as a country for good governance.When we are people know what to do,otherwise no one should expect things to get better,instead it will be worse so long he occupies that seat.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Itiskdg121(m): 7:08am On Mar 08
This is disheartening.
I would suggest the government employ military contractors to combat these bandits.

It's obvious our security forces don't have the capacity to win this war.

My opinion

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by nairalee(m): 7:08am On Mar 08
287?

Do you know what is 287 human beings?

Do you know what it takes to kidnap 2 people? Now imagine kidnapping 20 people.

Do you know the level of capacity required to abduct and move 100 people?

But this is even more than times 2 of 100. Have u imagined what type of personnel, logistics, weaponry, boldness etc will they have in place to carry out this.

Now think about the facilties they will have in place to keep them for weeks/months without detection.

There's more to this than meets the eye. At least there's HIGH level of collaboration with the powers that be for all these to be done successfully.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Bubu4Sea: 7:08am On Mar 08
Terrorism will grow under shettima as he is boko haram commander.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by meum: 7:09am On Mar 08
What a country

1 Like

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Tecnophone: 7:09am On Mar 08
FreeStuffsNG, your guys at work again.

11 Likes

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Forest122: 7:10am On Mar 08
used people
Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by jmoore(m): 7:12am On Mar 08
SoNature:

I don't understand the essence of BNV and NIN if these people can still strike and succeed. No doubt, this goes to show that many people are benefitting from this in the North.

NIN cannot be used to fight kidnapping. A kidnapper will probably use stolen phones or phones from the kidnapped victim to negotiate ransom.
Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Jamiubond009(m): 7:14am On Mar 08
grin
Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Jamiubond009(m): 7:14am On Mar 08
Peter Obi's track record in security speaks for itself when he was governor.But INEC brought in a career criminal and we are expecting miracles. https://thenationonlineng.net/ig-declares-anambra-safest-since-five-years/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by Judolisco(m): 7:14am On Mar 08
Teacher run leave children... Omolomo,how much dem dey pay am
Re: Kaduna: ‘Bandits Holding 287 Students’, Teacher Who Fled Captivity Speaks by ImoleNaija: 7:14am On Mar 08
We pray for the safe return of the victims.

APC can now see that Jonathan was never the problem. The change propaganda they rode on to power has been negative. I hope they now see that we all should condemn insecurity & not the President.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best (worst) Of Nigeria's Drug Barons, 419ers And Crime Lords / Nigerian man arrested in India with 300 gram of heroin / Suspected Herdsmen Kill Two Aide Workers, Volunteer, 7 Others In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.