Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years (44471 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum / Oron,Nigeria Coastal City Gets A Face Lift. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Amayabor1: 4:03pm On Mar 08
JagabanB:
See the way billionaires are celebrating a road without side walks and the rusty roofs beside tho.
The way these guys talk online, u will think they come from a region that's well developed.

Don't mind those people. In the entire southern Nigeria, the South East has the highest children beggars compared to population. If you are not living there, you wouldn't know how bad it is. It is even business for many of them with various deformities and tumours. when you hear them talk, you will think their region is Eldorado

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by kingthreat(m): 4:04pm On Mar 08
Please our SW governors should wake up too. Lagos is not the only state that will develop in the whole region.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Fujiyama: 4:05pm On Mar 08
undecided

Does this road have proper drainage and pedestrian walkways? Yes or no? This is not the time for whataboutism. If Soludo can arrange for PR on his projects then those projects had better pass the smell test.

Without proper drainage this is all a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Teeklef(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08
Typing:

Come to Onitsha and see for yourself. If you enter some parts of this Town, you no go fit eat. So many irritating area for this Onitsha.

Onitsha is overrated
Smile!!!No be lie....... Out of the 5 south eastern state,i have been to 4. Emi ajala the traveller😂

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Justiceleague1: 4:12pm On Mar 08
The concentration is on the east on here,what about other parts of Nigeria
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by wunmi590(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08
goslowgoslow:

You people are just ranting because he didn't mention Obi which is probably an oversight. Very soon Obi go turn to una church, people carry one man for head as if he is God, a Nigerian politician for that matter..

It seems you are a baby to his numerous comment here on nairaland...

Not everybody play dirty politics, what he did wasn't an oversight, he purposely ommited his name, who wouldn't mention Peter Obi in todays politics? He purposely did that just because he hated that man for contesting against his candidate Tinubu.

Not everybody will support one candidate, that's the beauty of democracy..

I'm from same local government, Lagos island (Ikoyi obalende) as PBAT and I didn't vote for him, one of my inlaw was a one term councilor under PBAT as Lagos state governor during his last tenure and also emerged winner second term during fashola tenure, in that same ikoyi/obalende so I must say have enjoyed PBAT, and also saw him and spoke to him when I was the Speaker of my faculty during my school days, but that doesn't mean I will vote for him..

So that guy you are defending, if he discovered you are not supporting his candidate, he begins to attack you..

I love PBAT no be small, I criticised him where he's wrong and where he has done well, that's how to balance politics
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by goslowgoslow(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08
wunmi590:

It seems you are a baby to his numerous comment here on nairaland...

Not everybody play dirty politics, what he did wasn't an oversight, he purposely ommited his name, who wouldn't mention Peter Obi in todays politics? He purposely did that just because he hated that man for contesting against his candidate Tinubu.

Not everybody will support one candidate, that's the beauty of democracy..

I'm from same local government, Lagos island (Ikoyi obalende) as PBAT and I didn't vote for him, one of my inlaw was a one term councilor under PBAT as Lagos state governor during his last tenure and also emerged winner second term during fashola tenure, in that same ikoyi/obalende so I must say have enjoyed PBAT, and also saw him and spoke to him when I was the Speaker of my faculty during my school days, but that doesn't mean I will vote for him..

So that guy you are defending, if he discovered you are not supporting his candidate, he begins to attack you..

I love PBAT no be small, I criticised him where he's wrong and where he has done well, that's how to balance politics
My response was based purely on the comment he made today on this thread. I am not here to defend anybody, someone I don't even know.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by easzypeaszy(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08
Jomonix:

Obi too did a lot in infrastructure development. Lots of roads were built and maintained. He also left in the coffers 75 billion Naira for his predecessor. You can do more research and update your post
hahahahahahahaha we nvr knew or heard of him as a good Gov
Atleast Otii dey do n we hear am...the like of Nnamani dat year.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by OALandAgents: 4:22pm On Mar 08
Soludo is talkative; Nothing more and nothing less.
After 2 years this small poorly rehabilitated Road and one other small low quality road is all he has to show.
*SMH* .
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Omoawoke: 4:30pm On Mar 08
Justiceleague1:

Illiteracy is a disease walai gaskiya

Lol

You no well
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by soil4soil(m): 4:44pm On Mar 08
yarimo:
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governors of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great as governor.

What of LP saint Peter OBI
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Kaiser20: 4:45pm On Mar 08
Nigerians are very poor mentally.
Why are those poor folks singing & worshiping a governor for doing his Duty .
Do they sing when a Bank staff give them the money they deposited in their account
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by santaclaws: 4:49pm On Mar 08
Justiceleague1:

continue... I know you'll delete them later and try to maintain a clean post record undecided

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by nnatobryno(m): 5:05pm On Mar 08
[quote author=yarimo post=128836933][/quote]
Obi is definitely giving you sleepless night
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Chucks13: 5:08pm On Mar 08
yarimo:
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governors of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great as governor.

Bro, God bless you. I had said this over ad over Ngige and Obiano and now Soludo the best democratic governor in Anambra history.

I wasn't a kid when Obi was the governor, he did nothing I repeat he did nothing, he left Anambra in slum condition, saved 50billion shit with nothing to show for it then coming out now to claimed he is the best human God ever created(Mr I too good), only a mad man will fall for Obi antics, I knew him inside out.

No one can deceive me in the name of tribe, if you are not good, you are not good I don't care if you are my family or not.

Obiano, Ngige and Soludo got the pass mark.

Thanks....
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by wiseoneking: 5:10pm On Mar 08
[quote author=yarimo post=128836933][/quote] Anambra state, the second most developed state after Lagos. Give it to them at any time
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Rigie: 5:23pm On Mar 08
Obi didn't fix here why

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Terrahawk: 5:25pm On Mar 08
JagabanB:
See the way billionaires are celebrating a road without side walks and the rusty roofs beside tho.
The way these guys talk online, u will think they come from a region that's well developed.

Abeg stop calling them billionaires 🤣. They are only billionaires with their Zimbabwe dollars 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Afamed: 5:36pm On Mar 08
Obi would have diverted the money for this project into his own family business
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 6:11pm On Mar 08
Terrahawk:

Abeg stop calling them billionaires 🤣. They are only billionaires with their Zimbabwe dollars 🤣🤣🤣
They say they are billionaires, we have to agree.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Zssk0003: 6:12pm On Mar 08
[quote author=Chucks13 post=128842288]

Bro, God bless you. I had said this over ad over Ngige and Obiano and now Soludo the best democratic governor in Anambra history.

I wasn't a kid when Obi was the governor, he did nothing I repeat he did nothing, he left Anambra in slum condition, saved 50billion shit with nothing to show for it then coming out now to claim he is the best human God ever created(Mr I too good), only a mad man will fall for Obi antics, I knew him inside out.

No one can deceive me in the name of tribe, if you are not good, you are not good I don't care if you are my family or not.

I can't stand it when people try to speak condescendingly about His Excellency, Peter Obi. If not for him, Anambra wouldn't have reached the level of development it has today. It is only fair to acknowledge Peter Obi's contributions if nothing else. The saying goes, 'Honour should be bestowed upon those who deserve it'. For clarity, when Peter Obi came into office as governor, all the schools in Anambra state were on strike for more than two years, including the doctors and all the medical staff. Anambra State had no single functional medical hospital or school of nursing and midwifery. There was no functional health facility, state secretariat complex, or state assembly complex. There was not a single teaching hospital in Anambra, and no investment in the state whatsoever. Insecurity, robbery, and kidnapping were at an all-time high. Anambra had no internally generated revenue (IGR) because godfathers had taken all the funds allocated for the state. So, Peter Obi laid the foundation for what we witness today in Anambra. He built state secretariats and state assembly complexes, constructed the Upperiweka 10-lane expressway, revamped schools and returned them to missionaries, built hospitals including the Amaku Teaching Hospital in Awka, opened doors for both foreign and local investors to invest in the state, supported indigenous motor manufacturers Innoson Motors, and acquired thousands of vehicles from them. The list is endless. He is the brain behind the Anambra State Airport today. Both the land where the airport is situated and the funds to build it were all due to Peter Obi's efforts."
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by tenpipsperday: 6:14pm On Mar 08
The news is about Anambra and the incubent governor but one idiot is crying his ass out about Obi.

Peter Obi continues to torment these touts everywhere and everytime
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 6:16pm On Mar 08
Amayabor1:

Don't mind those people. In the entire southern Nigeria, the South East has the highest children beggars compared to population. If you are not living there, you wouldn't know how bad it is. It is even business for many of them with various deformities and tumours. when you hear them talk, you will think their region is Eldorado
The entire SE has no single world class structure or infrastructure.
NONE!!!
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Zssk0003: 6:22pm On Mar 08
Chucks13:

I wasn't a kid when Obi was the governor, he did nothing I repeat he did nothing, he left Anambra in slum condition, saved 50billion shit with nothing to show for it then coming out now to claimed he is the best human God ever created(Mr I too good), only a mad man will fall for Obi antics, I knew him inside out.

Thanks....

I can't stand it when people try to speak condescendingly about His Excellency, Peter Obi. If not for him, Anambra wouldn't have reached the level of development it has today. It is only fair to acknowledge Peter Obi's contributions if nothing else. The saying goes, 'Honour should be bestowed upon those who deserve it'. For clarity, when Peter Obi came into office as governor, all the schools in Anambra state were on strike for more than two years, including the doctors and all the medical staff. Anambra State had no single functional medical hospital or school of nursing and midwifery. There was no functional health facility, state secretariat complex, or state assembly complex. There was not a single teaching hospital in Anambra, and no investment in the state whatsoever. Insecurity, robbery, and kidnapping were at an all-time high. Anambra had no internally generated revenue (IGR) because godfathers had taken all the funds allocated for the state. So, Peter Obi laid the foundation for what we witness today in Anambra. He built state secretariats and state assembly complexes, constructed the Upperiweka 10-lane expressway, revamped schools and returned them to missionaries, built hospitals including the Amaku Teaching Hospital in Awka, opened doors for both foreign and local investors to invest in the state, supported indigenous motor manufacturers Innoson Motors, and acquired thousands of vehicles from them. The list is endless. He is the brain behind the Anambra State Airport today. Both the land where the airport is situated and the funds to build it were all due to Peter Obi's efforts."
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 6:25pm On Mar 08
Roger3D:
This is a lie. I live in a first world country, in fact, one of the top 4 and the major cities do have slums
My village dón't have a sIum, u can continue to çry about it.
I told u clearly my village.
Wherever u live is not my probIem.
I already told u about my village unless u don't know what a village is.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by richeeyo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08
osuofia2:
Poor road from Soludo as always. see the texture of the road. No gutter, no side waLK,NOT EVEN THICK. Go to Ebonyi,Enugu and see Road
See them, them don dey deny each other
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 6:26pm On Mar 08
Wannabenz:

You no see where they wrote slum for the headline?
Billionaires don't have sIums, that's why they are billionaires.
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by Justiceleague1: 6:27pm On Mar 08
So much bile from those people
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by JagabanB: 6:28pm On Mar 08
santaclaws:

Don't mind Igbos and their mouths... all of them will pack themselves to the southwest and begin insulting Yoruba people, but back home, their roads stink.

Person wey comot for east come sell gala for Lagos go dey claim say na him develop Lagos 😁
LOL.
They are everywhere, in Benue, there are in their thousands, same as Nasarawa, Kogi, Sokoto, Adamawa.
They are everywhere in search of better life but will say otherwise online.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by stampo: 6:30pm On Mar 08
Eastern Competition rendezvous.

Anambra no want gree for Abia.

Alex oti is doing roads in Abia.

Soludo too dey do for Anambra.

Imo State.... That one Na Bandit him be already..

Nothing good can come out..
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by AOB1: 6:34pm On Mar 08
Jomonix:

Obi too did a lot in infrastructure development. Lots of roads were built and maintained. He also left in the coffers 75 billion Naira for his predecessor. You can do more research and update your post
why are you forcing him to mention Obi? You guys have turned yourselves to something else because of one failure and unfaithful politician.

Obi slaves grin
Re: Soludo Gives Okpoko-onitsha Slum A Face Lift After Many Years by santaclaws: 6:36pm On Mar 08

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ / Fuel Tanker Crashes In Cross River State As Residents Rush With Gallons. Photos / Taxi Driver Manually Operating His Wiper During A Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.