Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg (43082 Views)

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg / German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz Hails Tinubu’s Reforms, To Visit Nigeria / Nigeria’s Outlook Raised To Stable By S&P On Tinubu’s Reforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by cococandy(f): 5:48pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

Did you also get this from the same report we all read or just your own funny conjecture?
The report clearly stated the amount gotten from people buying Nigerian assets and these to you are not investors?

How do I explain to you that a Nigerian letting go of their property due to desperation is not a win for the average Nigerian?

But propaganda must go on.

1 Like

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by 2sexy(m): 5:48pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

This is no propaganda as Bloomberg is not a propaganda platform like AriseTV and People’s Gazette.

Slowly, the reforms are paying off. It may appear little with minimal impact for now but in no time, the impact will be felt in all aspect of the economy. We just need to be patient and endure for a while, Mr. President will fix the economy.
I have quoted you for next 6 months or 1 year. Be rest assured I will curse the hell out of you when nothing changes...
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by maasoap(m): 5:49pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

Unfortunately, this is the situation and some people are working day and night to remedy the situation. If we see positive signs that things are looking up should we outrightly deny it because things are still expensive?

They reasons why there is a surge in remittance is naira losing value against hard currencies and abroad based Nigerians are sending more money to their families in Nigeria just to survive the hardship. Big, medium and small companies are folding up everywhere and everyday. My business is struggling too due to his useless policies

1 Like

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 5:49pm On Mar 08
DeepSight:

Pls can you point to one single act which shows this day and night work to remedy things.

You must have been living under a rock not to know the frenetic pace at which the president and his team are canvassing all over the place for foreign investors to come to Nigeria.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by blingxx(m): 5:49pm On Mar 08
sonofsteven:

When dollar is 1600

Who no go send money now?

If I sent 1k dollar na 1.6m building project go dey go on, fast investment into landed properties before dollar go drop

If this is the way out.. Then dollar will have to remain at 1600 or higher for a long time for big investments to come in, the poor will have to endure alot
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by chysam: 5:49pm On Mar 08
Was this poster born on the day indian hemp was discovered

2 Likes

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Chummynoni(m): 5:50pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

This is no propaganda as Bloomberg is not a propaganda platform like AriseTV and People’s Gazette.

Slowly, the reforms are paying off. It may appear little with minimal impact for now but in no time, the impact will be felt in all aspect of the economy. We just need to be patient and endure for a while, Mr. President will fix the economy.
what impact are you talking of?? It is either you are a thieving politician or related to one for your incessant support for this failure of a government. Of what use is this news when it has no impact on the standard of living of the populace?
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by DeepSight(m): 5:51pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

You must have been living under a rock not to know the frenetic pace at which the president and his team are canvassing all over the place for foreign investors to come to Nigeria.

I can only conclude that you are at least one of four possible things -

1. A social media hireling of govt media

2. A Juvenile

3. A retard

4. A born underling
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by samuelson06(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

So, Bloomberg isn't managed by human beings right? Whites don't do propaganda right? Be fooling yourself there.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 5:52pm On Mar 08
maasoap:

They reasons why there is a surge in remittance is naira losing value against hard currencies and abroad based Nigerians are sending more money to their families in Nigeria just to survive the hardship. Big, medium and small companies are folding up everywhere and everyday. My business is struggling too due to his useless policies

What about part of the remittances that are to do with people investing by buying up Nigerian assets?
Who told you devaluation is always a bad policy by the way?
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

Lol. You must think this is a new format grin grin grin. It has been around since the day of Obj and Buhari took it to another level. I don't even think Tinubu can match Buhari's zeal
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by stagger: 5:55pm On Mar 08
Tell this to the marines.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 5:56pm On Mar 08
DeepSight:

I can only conclude that you are at least one of four possible things -

1. A social media hireling of govt media

2. A Juvenile

3. A retard

4. A born underling

🤣 🤣 🤣

None of the above. I am not IPOB either.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by DeepSight(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

What about part of the remittances that are to do with people investing by buying up Nigerian assets?

It is always a bad policy for an import dependent economy. If you don't understand that, you will never understand anything.

It can work just fine for an industrial economy such as Japan, China or South Korea.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by bentenny(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08
garriAndsugar:
In lay man's term tinubu made Nigerians so poor that their relatives abroad increased the money they send them.

All hail tinubu the master strategist.. mtchewww
😂😂
U sabi
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by maasoap(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

What about part of the remittances that are to do with people investing by buy Nigerian assets?

Assets? Lol. We should be talking about investors and investments that will create jobs for the populace. But instead, companies and businesses are collapsing. Who assets help? Assets that may end up rotting away.

I don't need to be told, I study Economics. Devaluation is good when you are an exporting nation. And it shouldn't be from N400 to N1900 or N1600

3 Likes

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Just4000: 5:58pm On Mar 08
Bro it's no hate, I bet you will do the same when faced with opportunity like what happened last month. In fact if this trend continues, the month of march will also experience similar inflow.

It is sad to say, but what we experienced last month was people simply taking advantage of the predicament we found ourselves regarding exchange rate. Naira fell from about 900/$ to about 1,900/$. This presented a huge opportunity for people to gain more naira with fewer dollars and of cause as expected Nigerians in diaspora pushed in more foreign currencies to earn more naira. Ideally, this move was supposed to cause the naira to appreciate, but we never witnessed such. Government didn't do anything tangible, this was just one of the good side of a bad situation and it happens almost every time.

seunmsg:

Can you haters stop talking nonsense? Diaspora remittance is a major source of forex earning for Nigeria and sadly, it has been dwindling over the years. Under Buhari, Emefiele even started offering Nigerians in diaspora extra N5 for every dollar remitted yet, the response wasn’t so good. People in recent times preferred sending money to relatives at home through crypto and fintechs outside banking control.

Now that there is significant improvement, it means confidence is returning to the system. It is a good indication that the reforms are working. Only senseless and irredeemable haters will attribute this to suffering. People remit money home from all over the world. It has nothing to do with the high cost of living all over the world.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by DeepSight(m): 5:58pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

It is always a bad policy for an import dependent economy which produces next to nothing. An economy which imports even matchsticks and tooth picks. If you don't understand that, you will never understand anything.

It can work just fine for a high producing industrial economy such as Japan, China or South Korea.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Procashtips(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08
When you do the biddings of your western masters, they help you use their powerful media propoganda tools to whitewash you in the face of the public.

They keep posting opposite of what is really happening in reality.

1 Like

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 6:00pm On Mar 08
maasoap:

Assets? Lol. We should be talking about investors and investments that will create jobs for the populace. But instead, companies and businesses are collapsing. Who assets help? Assets that may end up rotting away.

I don't need to be told, I study Economics. Devaluation is good when you are an exporting nation. And it shouldn't be from N400 to N1900 or N1600

Don't be an illiterate. Assets in economic terms could mean stocks, it could mean taking over from companies who are leaving etc.
Either way, the economy grows and more people are employed.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Brash7: 6:00pm On Mar 08
BobbieZion:

Seun!!
No dey whine me.
It's been long I stopped taking people like you serious.
The so-called educated ones are the most dangerous.

You know since when I know Bloomberg?

The fact that he said Bloomberg is not a propaganda platform is very funny.

Bloomberg runs the biggest propaganda for corrupt African leaders.

Check their post when Buhari was declared winner in 2019.

Bloomberg wrote that Nigeria's stock increased amidst the announcement of Buhari as president.

They did same when the criminal drug pusher was declared winner by Mahmood in the middle of the night.

I can't lay my hands on the post right now.

Bloomberg is a big propaganda machine for APC.

This post was paid for by the drug criminal to deceive Nigerians that he is working.

It is only ignorants and supporters of criminality, APC urchins like Seun that will believe these lies.

God will punish all supporters of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by maasoap(m): 6:01pm On Mar 08
ElSudani:

Don't be an illiterate.

Thanks.

Assets in economic terms could mean stocks, it could mean taking over from companies who are leaving etc.
Now, do you see or read anything of such?
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 6:02pm On Mar 08
DeepSight:

It is always a bad policy for an import dependent economy which produces next to nothing. An economy which imports even matchsticks and tooth picks. If you don't understand that, you will never understand anything.

It can work just fine for a high producing industrial economy such as Japan, China or South Korea.

I like to know where you got your own Economics degree from.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ElSudani: 6:03pm On Mar 08
maasoap:

Thanks.

Now, do you see or read anything of such?

So, you basically want Bloomberg to name every stock, every asset that was bought?
Common now.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Kaiser20: 6:03pm On Mar 08
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
For creating Hunger and frustration in the Republic
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by ufuosman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 08
garriAndsugar:
In lay man's term tinubu made Nigerians so poor that their relatives abroad increased the money they send them.

😂😂😂😂
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by alobright17(m): 6:04pm On Mar 08
BobbieZion:
Funny statistics.
All this big big terms have not changed anything positive.

Let the change be felt directly on the economy.
Not all this propaganda useless moves.

Same thing they did for good 8 years under Buhari telling us to be patient that the reforms will be positive, only for it to go down the drain beyond imagination.

Be honest can you repair this country less a year in the office ? What are the policies will you achieve that with?
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by sharpchap: 6:04pm On Mar 08
garriAndsugar:

100% my brother. this is so true and would have been funny if not for the seriousness of the matter.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by JooEeL(m): 6:05pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

Have your heard of the term 'lobbying' before?

Anyways, u be apc sponsored agent, so who expects much?
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Capernum: 6:05pm On Mar 08
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Na the same love go wound your generation. Wicked set of people. May your generation yet unborn taste of the tears of the masses dying and crying daily.
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by mariahAngel(f): 6:05pm On Mar 08
Ddeliverer007:
It’s an era of lies, deceit, propaganda and more lies.

You remember the fake bishops scam? Those people that executed it are now running the show now; expect lies upon lies upon lies.

You cannot rule a nation with propaganda.

No light in Nigeria.
No food.
No water.
No security.
Inflation over the roof.
Nigerians are struggling to survive.

But they pay some idiots and they lie.. As if say no be we dey this country. As if say we no dey see.. 😂

Who could ever forget that?
A man that was so thirsty for power to scheme such is capable of any evil.

The way he was so desperate for power, if one didn't know better, one would've thought he had good plans for Nigeria.
See how he made a complete mess of everything in such a short time. What a disaster!
Re: Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg by Beautifulday: 6:05pm On Mar 08
seunmsg:

You dey wyne?

If them fit buy CNN, who come be Bloomberg?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) / Tony Elumelu With The President-Elect Bola Tinubu / Protest Against High Cost Of Living Spreads To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.