Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power (1309 Views)

Is Abuja Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power / Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 7:47pm On Mar 08
is ibadan safe to live in with my australian wife? which area has steady power.
i will be relocating to naija with my australian wife. i can stay in the east because of insecurity.
i cant live in lagos because of the traffic and outrageous rent .
where in ibadan can i live with my foreign wife??
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Zwooks: 7:49pm On Mar 08
If you love your wife, want your privacy upheld and long-term safety, then Abuja or Lagos alone is the place to stay o

Go to Abuja. Get yourself solar and you are good

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 7:52pm On Mar 08
Zwooks:
If you love your wife, want your privacy upheld and long-term safety, then Abuja or Lagos alone is the place to stay o

Go to Abuja. Get yourself solar and you are good
is ibadan that bad as regards safety?
i was considering ibadan because its closer to my family in lagos.
apart from vi, some parts of lekki and ikeja gra which are way too expensive, where in lagos will you advice me to stay?
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Zwooks: 7:57pm On Mar 08
yad2eidi:
apart from vi, some parts of lekki and ikeja gra which are way too expensive, where in lagos will you advice me to stay?

You become the center of attraction and attention and attract warrantless attention to yourself.

If the funds is there, Ikoyi is not bad.

Okay. Have you thought about Gbagada. Gbagada isn't a bad place for your situation but make sure you have solar installed.

Ikeja, Adeniyi Jones area. Oregun are also not bad.

Omole area of Lagos is also good for your situation.

I know a new estate in Ojodu, Berger. Very reserved estate like this also exists in Ogba and can be given consideration. The estate behind Excellent Hotels at Ogba. For Berger, Grammar School area has a coded quiet new estate.

5 Likes

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 8:00pm On Mar 08
Zwooks:

You become the center of attraction and attention and attract warrantless attention to yourself.

If the funds is there, Ikoyi is not bad.

Okay. Have you thought about Gbagada. Gbagada isn't a bad place for your situation but make sure you have solar installed.

Ikeja, Adeniyi Jones area. Oregun are also not bad.
ikoyi, vi, is out of it. the amount i saw online is outrageous. i am the one footing y the bill so i have to be careful.
why i was considering ibadan is because i noticed that its easier to get a bungalow self compound there for a very reasonable amount
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Zwooks: 8:04pm On Mar 08
yad2eidi:
ikoyi, vi, is out of it. the amount i saw online is outrageous. i am the one footing y the bill so i have to be careful.
why i was considering ibadan is because i noticed that its easier to get a bungalow self compound there for a very reasonable amount

Yes. If your Spirit says Ibadan, then Ibadan it is. In this case you need a property agent with wide coverage that has lots of properties that may already have what you have in mind.

I think I have a guy in IB that can get you want you seek as he has extensive properties under his watch and is a thorough guy.

One clue. Try to rent an only apartment in a fenced compound for privacy

5 Likes

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 8:07pm On Mar 08
Zwooks:

Yes. If your Spirit says Ibadan, then Ibadan it is. In this case you need a property agent with wide coverage that has lots of properties that may already have what you have in mind.

I think I have a guy in IB that can get you want you seek as he has extensive properties under his watch and is a thorough guy.

One clue. Try to rent an only apartment in a fenced compound for privacy

Yes , it will obviously be fenced. thanks for your input
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by laivwire(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08
yad2eidi:
i will be relocating to naija with my australian wife. i can stay in the east because of insecurity.

I'd pick Ibadan any day compared to the madness in Lagos. Ibadan is safe and the cost of living is not so expensive. Theres also a few places for socialities. Born and raised there so I know. I can't guarantee steady power and I would advice you make neccessary preparations for alternative sources.

Let me drop some locations for you
1. Bodija
2. Oluyole estate and extension
3. Akobo
4. Ire Akari estate
5. Iyana Adeoyo (there should be some new estates there)
6. Mokola (close to the barracks)

These places can be a bit pricey except 5 and 6.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 10:45pm On Mar 08
laivwire:

I'd pick Ibadan any day compared to the madness in Lagos. Ibadan is safe and the cost of living is not so expensive. Theres also a few places for socialities. Born and raised there so I know. I can't guarantee steady power and I would advice you make neccessary preparations for alternative sources.

1. Bodija
3. Akobo
4. Ire Akari estate

Which of these places do expats or foreigners stay or prefer? a place where she will be seeing foreigners ones in a wile will be preferable
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by FODA(m): 11:11pm On Mar 08
yad2eidi:
Which of these places do expats or foreigners stay or prefer? a place where she will be seeing foreigners ones in a wile will be preferable
you see foreigners everywhere,especially ring road,go ti kolapo estate or aerodrum estate,u will enjoy urself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by laivwire(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08
yad2eidi:

I was trying to remember the name of particular place; Jericho, magazine road to be precise close to Alesinloye market. Lots of expats stay in this area because its separate but not too distant to the industrial complexes in Oluyole.

Another good place is Jibowu crescent.

Please note, these places are comparatively high priced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 12:15am On Mar 09
laivwire:

I was trying to remember the name of particular place; Jericho, magazine road to be precise close to Alesinloye market. Lots of expats stay in this area because its separate but not too distant to the industrial complexes in Oluyole.

Another good place is Jibowu crescent.

Please note, these places are comparatively high priced.
thanks , i will do more findings about these places
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 12:15am On Mar 09
FODA:
you see foreigners everywhere,especially ring road,go ti kolapo estate or aerodrum estate,u will enjoy urself
thanks bro
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by ukaface(f): 12:22am On Mar 09
Bere
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Maks27: 4:11am On Mar 09
yad2eidi:
There’s a low key place in Ejigbo
Friendly neighbors and everyone is minding there business
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Karlifate: 7:15am On Mar 09
laivwire:

1. Bodija
3. Akobo
4. Ire Akari estate

💯

OP,

This is the best advice you need.

There are many foreigners resident in the number 2.

You can do your own research on this.

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Cassandraloius: 9:37am On Mar 09
Wow! Australian wife 😊

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Digbick: 10:04am On Mar 09
laivwire:

1. Bodija
3. Akobo
4. Ire Akari estate

Jericho GRA and Oluyole Estate, ring road not extension is the best bet to see foreign expats, these are secured environs with good power supply.
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Silentgroper(m): 10:17am On Mar 09
ukaface:
Bere
lmao ...

Beere ko beere ni ... That place wey razz like...
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Silentgroper(m): 10:20am On Mar 09
Karlifate:

💯

OP,

This is the best advice you need.

There are many foreigners resident in the number 2.

You can do your own research on this.
only two place i can vouch for about steady electricity..

1. Akobo

2. Orogun ...

I don't any other places with steady electricity in ibadan ..

Though orogun has foreigners but mostly other African foreigners ..
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Silentgroper(m): 10:22am On Mar 09
Digbick:

Jericho GRA and Oluyole Estate, ring road not extension is the best bet to see foreign expats, these are secured environs with good power supply.
I stayed at ring road for goo two days and i didn't see light come on ...
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 11:08am On Mar 09
Silentgroper:
only two place i can vouch for about steady electricity..

1. Akobo

2. Orogun ...

I don't any other places with steady electricity in ibadan ..

Though orogun has foreigners but mostly other African foreigners ..
so akobo has more of european and white foreigners right?
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Digbick: 11:47am On Mar 09
Silentgroper:
I stayed at ring road for goo two days and i didn't see light come on ...

I am not saying ring road to be precise, Jericho GRA and Oluyole Estate (off Ring road), those two places have good power supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by pneumaticos(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09
yad2eidi:

I leave in ibadan and double as an agent

Jericho is a great place to stay
Even if na foreign live you want
You get it there

How you know

Check for apartment and hotels within those area
Then you would realize the truth yourself
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by BlackyOne: 12:31pm On Mar 09
Stay within Ibadan main town, get a house inside a good estate and make provisions for solar Inverter
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by SleekyP(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09
yad2eidi:

First class list

1. Alalubosa G.R.A

2. Samonda G.R.A

3. Agodi G.R.A

Don’t go to Akobo to avoid kidnapping & traffic.

Jericho is not that secured but they do have light.

I live in number 1 whenever I’m in the country.

Cheers.
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 12:40pm On Mar 09
SleekyP:

First class list

1. Alalubosa G.R.A

2. Samonda G.R.A

3. Agodi G.R.A

Cheers.
i didnt know kidnapping is rampant in ibadan. thanks for that update. i might consider abuja
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 12:41pm On Mar 09
pneumaticos:

I leave in ibadan and double as an agent

Jericho is a great place to stay
Even if na foreign live you want
You get it there

How you know

Check for apartment and hotels within those area
Then you would realize the truth yourself
someone just said jericho is not that secured
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by Digbick: 12:52pm On Mar 09
SleekyP:

First class list

1. Alalubosa G.R.A

2. Samonda G.R.A

3. Agodi G.R.A

Cheers.

Alalubosa skipped my mind, this is true, heed to these places added to Jericho GRA and Oluyole Estate, i moved back to ibadan since last year August, the kidnapping allegation have not been heard since I moved back, but i won't suggest Akobo, no feel of foreign expats living there.
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by yad2eidi: 1:17pm On Mar 09
Digbick:

Alalubosa skipped my mind, this is true, heed to these places added to Jericho GRA and Oluyole Estate, i moved back to ibadan since last year August, the kidnapping allegation has not been heard since I moved back, but i won't suggest Akobo, no feel of foreign expats living there.
i saw some decent self-compounds on jiji. i will take these areas into consideration
Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by PureFace1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 09
yad2eidi:
i didnt know kidnapping is rampant in ibadan. thanks for that update. i might consider abuja

Which kidnapping is rampant in Ibadan ?
So it is Abuja that kidnapping is rampant recently that you think is safer than Ibadan ?

No where is 100% safe but Ibadan is even safer than Abuja, Abuja is terrorists and bandits hotbed

3 Likes

Re: Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power by PureFace1(m): 1:32pm On Mar 09
yad2eidi:
someone just said jericho is not that secured

Which Jericho is not secure ?

Make your research before parroting whatever someone dish you online.

No where is 100% safe even wherever you think you are but Ibadan is still one of the safest city in Nigeria even safer than Abuja and Lagos, have you ever heard of any foreigners going missing in Ibadan, Oyo state in Nigeria is one of the best tourist attractions place in Nigeria.

If you are too scare you may as well stay wherever you are, if you think Ibadan is not safe then no where in Nigeria is safe for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thief Passenger On Abuja- Lagos Bound “arik” Airplane On 4th April Instant / US Visit Visa- Is It Best To Apply Alone Or With Your Wife And Kids? / Relocating To Qatar Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.