Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out (12559 Views)

Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / Unveiling Dangote’s Novel ‘king Of Cement’ / How Many Bags Of Cement And Workmanship For 2bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by EnglishUsa: 7:38am On Mar 09
Seunpapa65:

Abeg I wan ask you how many u don export
I am trying to do that and I have visited to many places for contacts, for example i went to a place that indian are exporting cocoa in logos and some guys there are already millionaires and I have gone to other places too.... But this doesn't mean everyone most be exporter but, instead of importing and be at lost all the time one can change to exporting
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Sirianese: 7:42am On Mar 09
HenryThegreat1:
•The hardship is too much, we can’t continue to bear it —Residents
•Cement vendors decry poor patronage
•Housing deficit’ll continue to rise unless prices drop —REDAN laments

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/rising-cost-of-cement-we-cant-own-houses-again-nigerians-cry-out/

God punish all of una shebi na APC be ya saviour
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Zetty177x: 7:48am On Mar 09
Ofunaofu:
It shall never be well with those who worked, supported, and voted Tinubu into power. 

Amen and their generation will suffer for it.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by chikason22(m): 7:56am On Mar 09
Hold that evil man Dangote responsible. He doesn't want the youth to excel.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by sketcherJ(m): 7:58am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
People don't know or understand what our economy is up to this time... What tinubu did was to make our economy more less of importation and he made it more attractive for exportation, people should find a mins to export and you will earn and live big in Nigeria and also build your own house... Know regime has been better in Nigeria and the next president may be the worst so let's forget about this government of a thing and find a way for ourselves
hmmm can you explain more about this?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by faceland: 8:02am On Mar 09
Don't throw in the towel yet.

When that time comes, we would cross the bridge.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by femi4: 8:05am On Mar 09
Lumarstone:
The president came to power unprepared.
He was never interested in fixing anything. Just felt it was his turn to use 8yrs like Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by faceland: 8:05am On Mar 09
sketcherJ:

You can buy off the who town with your dollars.

Dollar earners, no matter how they love Nigeria, might drop dead in shock if they heard that overnight $1 was equal to 200 naira.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Kizyte(m): 8:10am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
People don't know or understand what our economy is up to this time... What tinubu did was to make our economy more less of importation and he made it more attractive for exportation, people should find a mins to export and you will earn and live big in Nigeria and also build your own house... Know regime has been better in Nigeria and the next president may be the worst so let's forget about this government of a thing and find a way for ourselves
You, yourself, what are you exporting? And how big are you living?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Dalohad: 8:15am On Mar 09
Lumarstone:

Tinubu : ' I must be president, I must be president, It is my turn. Even though I am clueless and have nothing to offer.

Unfortunately, the buffoons that voted him are dying, there are other surviving buffoons waiting to vote him again in 2027. I pray leprosy eats up their fingers before 2027. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Artscollection: 8:17am On Mar 09
axglide:

People that had old stock and maybe bought at 4,400 also jerked up their prices to 11k - 12k; people whose conscience has been seared with a hot iron.

Only if people follow Christ Jesus will the world be a better place.

So if they sell at 4400 then you will borrow them money to restock at 11k or you dont know business is a risky venture that can go either ways. Iam sure you are standing on a weak mandate because they usually treat the syptoms.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Artscollection: 8:19am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:

Go n check yourself before it is too late oo !!!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by EnglishUsa: 8:24am On Mar 09
Kizyte:
You, yourself, what are you exporting? And how big are you living?
sorry to say this, The problem we are having in this country is dragging ourselves instead of finding solutions... My dear, money is my problem and I most tell you I am making a very big research... Do you know you can buy empty containers and people will hire it from you and use it to export their goods to other countries and you will seat down and be making money?...is only a call you will receive from an agent that someone needs your container and you will receive your pay? I have too many things to say but I don't need to say much

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by seborrhic: 8:25am On Mar 09
Deltafirstson:
The damages tinubu government have done to Nigerians in less than one year in office is beyond repair.
One dindirin that is a top most banker and industralist says Tinubu is on the right track.
Sometimes I wonder how people like that reached the top industrial and banking heights they have reached when every economist knows that less construction,less sales,less fuel consumption and use are primary indicators of a shrinking economy.
So someone overseeing the shrinking of the economy and thus the things that follow it,is on the right track according to Elumelu

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by zionstaar75: 8:28am On Mar 09
HenryThegreat1:
•The hardship is too much, we can’t continue to bear it —Residents
•Cement vendors decry poor patronage
•Housing deficit’ll continue to rise unless prices drop —REDAN laments

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/rising-cost-of-cement-we-cant-own-houses-again-nigerians-cry-out/
very stupid and dumb sponsored write up. I live on taiwo Road in the heart of ilorin Kwara state and the rate at which construction is going on you'll think cement is 10 naira. I dare anyone to bet 5 million naira with me and show proof that what I said isn't so

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:33am On Mar 09
Ofunaofu:
It shall never be well with those who worked, supported, and voted Tinubu into power. 

OFUNAFOOL
YOU BE THE BIGGEST MUMU I DON EVER SEE.
Werey guy
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Ofunaofu: 8:35am On Mar 09
4KNGOATS:

YOU BE THE BIGGEST MUMU I DON EVER SEE.
Werey guy

Your Monika says it all.....4KNGOAT
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
What have you or any member of your family exported since all these started?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by EnglishUsa: 8:36am On Mar 09
sketcherJ:
there are foreigners. There are foreigners in this country that have offices in Nigeria and they are very ready to buy our goods and export it.... Is not mandatory one will start it in a big way but, one can also start by delivering to the foreigners until you get it big and start buying containers and have your own office and you can start full scale exportations... There are too many export businesses people are into in this country and must of businesses are being done in a very dirty places and if you pass through that place you will call it nothing but people are making it huge in that place

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Elzazzi: 8:38am On Mar 09
Macphenson:
This is a a serious issue. I am an Engineer and majorly into building construction. A lot of my projects are already suspended.

Everything now is terribly expensive. I wonder why nobody is talking about iron rods.
Yesterday I bought a ton of 16mm iron at #1,150, 000 ( localoo not even imported), iron I bought around december at #625, 000. I bought six tons instead of the ten tons I needed for the project.

Marine board is now #23000 for one, what used to be #11, 0000.

30 tons of granite is almost heading to #700, 000.

The last time I went to mushin to buy HDF wood for kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, I went round for about two hours pricing. The prices were ridiculously high that I just entered my car and went home.

I wonder why people are even talking about cement which is the least of the headache while not mentioning iron, granite, marine board etc. This is terribly terrible. About six of my projects have been suspended already and the remaining others are going to be suspended.

Even my clients abroad that I build for, when they change their hard currency and use it to buy materials, they are also feeling the heat of the terrible economy.

And people are still supporting Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Dickson178(m): 8:39am On Mar 09
Blackfire:
SE scarcity of husband
SW ebin piawaaa azuu
North insecurity, kidnapping, and more insecurity
Omo this one shock me o , ah pon all the rich men wey full east then women still dey find husband? 🤣🤣
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:41am On Mar 09
Ofunaofu:

Your Monika says it all.....4KNGOAT
4KNOFUNAFOOL
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by blowjohn(m): 8:43am On Mar 09
Must u build a house?

Which kind people be we Africans sef?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Bfly: 8:43am On Mar 09
No pity for retailers
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by EnglishUsa: 8:48am On Mar 09
erico2k2:

What have you or any member of your family exported since all these started?
well not at all but I have a friend that was into this delivery business with bike and is during this regime that he got the contact to be exporting goods abroad, more especially food condiments and I most tell you this guy have started building a mention now and he now owns his own delivery vehicle... The person he hand over his bike has also started... This economy will make some people poor and will make some people reach.... I am not saying I like what is happening right now in Nigeria but instead of us to be accusing each other we can tell people that has money and maybe thinking on the business to go into what to do. God will help us all is not easy bro

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by EnglishUsa: 8:50am On Mar 09
Artscollection:

Go n check yourself before it is too late oo !!!
please bro/ sis, in what area should I check myself.... Thanks so much I am waiting for your reply
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Gajagojo: 8:52am On Mar 09
Lumarstone:
Before he came we all owned houses
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
well not at all but I have a friend that was into this delivery business with bike and is during this regime that he got the contact to be exporting goods abroad, more especially food condiments and I most tell you this guy have started building a mention now and he now owns his own delivery vehicle... The person he hand over his bike has also started... This economy will make some people poor and will make some people reach.... I am not saying I like what is happening right now in Nigeria but instead of us to be accusing each other we can tell people that has money and maybe thinking on the business to go into what to do. God will help us all is not easy bro
You made mention of Nigerians to start exporting goods, hence I asked my initial question, you see, the vast majority of Nigerians are just like you all TALK. Instead of you now to talk on the topic which you by the way initiated and I am not saying its a bad idea you are here talking about delivering and Bikes, what has that got to do with exportation, I thought you had an idea!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by erico2k2(m): 8:54am On Mar 09
blowjohn:
Must u build a house?

Which kind people be we Africans sef?
if you don't high rent is your name. We are now getting into that space the west are where you rent is equal to the amount you will pay monthly if you was to borrow the money to build said house.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by StraightGaay: 8:55am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
sorry to say this, The problem we are having in this country is dragging ourselves instead of finding solutions... My dear, money is my problem and I most tell you I am making a very big research... Do you know you can buy empty containers and people will hire it from you and use it to export their goods to other countries and you will seat down and be making money?...is only a call you will receive from an agent that someone needs your container and you will receive your pay? I have too many things to say but I don't need to say much
Pls chat me up, I have always shown interest in... 07zero31five64two26
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Kizyte(m): 8:57am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
I wish you success!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by sukar886: 8:57am On Mar 09
I blame FG for this, they should open border for cement to enter, then you will see dangote and others reducing there prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Concrete Without Gravel!! New Canadian Technology / Earn Regular Daily Income With Roosca! More Money This Year!! / Laminate Flooring (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.