Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out (12605 Views)

Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / Unveiling Dangote’s Novel ‘king Of Cement’ / How Many Bags Of Cement And Workmanship For 2bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Vgstar18: 9:01am On Mar 09
As a Nigerian the only way out of your misery is to save up and travel abroad, Contact this sure agent with offices in Port Harcourt and Lagos VGS Education Global, Scholarship and Low tuition available
HenryThegreat1:
•The hardship is too much, we can’t continue to bear it —Residents
•Cement vendors decry poor patronage
•Housing deficit’ll continue to rise unless prices drop —REDAN laments

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/rising-cost-of-cement-we-cant-own-houses-again-nigerians-cry-out/
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Gggjhhj: 9:04am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
People don't know or understand what our economy is up to this time... What tinubu did was to make our economy more less of importation and he made it more attractive for exportation, people should find a mins to export and you will earn and live big in Nigeria and also build your own house... Know regime has been better in Nigeria and the next president may be the worst so let's forget about this government of a thing and find a way for ourselves

Don't be stupid to always feel like you are making sense. The whole country is complaining and you are here speaking thrash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Artscollection: 9:06am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
please bro/ sis, in what area should I check myself.... Thanks so much I am waiting for your reply

Somewhere in yaba!!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by mcquin(m): 9:16am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
People don't know or understand what our economy is up to this time... What tinubu did was to make our economy more less of importation and he made it more attractive for exportation, people should find a mins to export and you will earn and live big in Nigeria and also build your own house... Know regime has been better in Nigeria and the next president may be the worst so let's forget about this government of a thing and find a way for ourselves
You don’t put the cart before the horse. Has cost of production been reduced to encourage manufacturing and export? How do you encourage production and export when utility as basic as electricity is absent?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Princess200: 9:19am On Mar 09
What Nigeria has passed through since 1960 till date, is nothing compared to what they are passing through now. Not that God can't answer prayers, but how can we inflict pain on each other and yet pray to God to take it away? Ask yourself, "If am in a position to make laws that will give Nigerians a better future, will I make wise decisions or will I follow the path of greediness, and thirst for power?"
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by francisbarrack(m): 9:45am On Mar 09
It is well with our soul. This gov. Has noting to offer.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by sylve11: 9:50am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:

Did you not read that some exporters were arrested while trying to export their products? cool

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by sylve11: 9:53am On Mar 09
Macphenson:
This is a a serious issue. I am an Engineer and majorly into building construction. A lot of my projects are already suspended.

Everything now is terribly expensive. I wonder why nobody is talking about iron rods.
Yesterday I bought a ton of 16mm iron at #1,150, 000 ( localoo not even imported), iron I bought around december at #625, 000. I bought six tons instead of the ten tons I needed for the project.

Marine board is now #23000 for one, what used to be #11, 0000.

30 tons of granite is almost heading to #700, 000.

The last time I went to mushin to buy HDF wood for kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, I went round for about two hours pricing. The prices were ridiculously high that I just entered my car and went home.

I wonder why people are even talking about cement which is the least of the headache while not mentioning iron, granite, marine board etc. This is terribly terrible. About six of my projects have been suspended already and the remaining others are going to be suspended.

Even my clients abroad that I build for, when they change their hard currency and use it to buy materials, they are also feeling the heat of the terrible economy.

It's a terrible thing, my brother. sad cool
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by sylve11: 9:55am On Mar 09
axglide:

People that had old stock and maybe bought at 4,400 also jerked up their prices to 11k - 12k; people whose conscience has been seared with a hot iron.

Only if people follow Christ Jesus will the world be a better place.

Just a simple question. Would you have sold your old stocks for less when the current price is on the high??

cool

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Excelll: 10:02am On Mar 09
axglide:

People that had old stock and maybe bought at 4,400 also jerked up their prices to 11k - 12k; people whose conscience has been seared with a hot iron.

Only if people follow Christ Jesus will the world be a better place.

You wouldn't blame them my dear. If you sell the old price, you wouldn't be able to buy and restock back at the new price.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Sammiepro95: 10:09am On Mar 09
I cannot read all that long aticle

But I know God is the only one that can help us now as a Nigerian

This is the result of voting with tribalism
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by YouAreNobody: 10:25am On Mar 09
axglide:

You guys keep saying this nonsense but you forget that those people with old stock will restock at new prices.

You bought a bag of cement at 5k to sell. The manufacturers increased price to 10k. Do you expect the sellers to still sell at that 5k? After selling their stock and they go to buy new stock, will the manufacturers sell to them at that old 5k price?

Sometimes you lots speak ignorantly

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Evolutionism: 10:41am On Mar 09
Realguyman1:
E be tinx... Wetin dey pain me for body is that many of this senseless Buhari and Tinubu supporters nor know say the kind damage wey Buhari do to Nigeria, and the one Tinubu is currently doing ehn, nobody fit fix am back even in a million years to come
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Seunpapa65: 10:42am On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
I am trying to do that and I have visited to many places for contacts, for example i went to a place that indian are exporting cocoa in logos and some guys there are already millionaires and I have gone to other places too.... But this doesn't mean everyone most be exporter but, instead of importing and be at lost all the time one can change to exporting
Actually I have been looking towards that area but getting someone is really difficult
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Evolutionism: 10:48am On Mar 09
YouAreNobody:

You guys keep saying this nonsense but you forget that those people with old stock will restock at new prices.

You bought a bag of cement at 5k to sell. The manufacturers increased price to 10k. Do you expect the sellers to still sell at that 5k? After selling their stock and they go to buy new stock, will the manufacturers sell to them at that old 5k price?

Sometimes you lots speak ignorantly

You are very ******

What if the Seller sell his/her old stock at the new rates and decided not to continue with the business. Some even use the huge proceed to finance their travel expenses out of the country.

I don't blame you because you are typical Negroe Subhuman who doesn't know how to reason talkless of reason properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Evolutionism: 10:54am On Mar 09
Macphenson:
This is a a serious issue. I am an Engineer and majorly into building construction. A lot of my projects are already suspended.

Everything now is terribly expensive. I wonder why nobody is talking about iron rods.
Yesterday I bought a ton of 16mm iron at #1,150, 000 ( localoo not even imported), iron I bought around december at #625, 000. I bought six tons instead of the ten tons I needed for the project.

Marine board is now #23000 for one, what used to be #11, 0000.

30 tons of granite is almost heading to #700, 000.

The last time I went to mushin to buy HDF wood for kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, I went round for about two hours pricing. The prices were ridiculously high that I just entered my car and went home.

I wonder why people are even talking about cement which is the least of the headache while not mentioning iron, granite, marine board etc. This is terribly terrible. About six of my projects have been suspended already and the remaining others are going to be suspended.

Even my clients abroad that I build for, when they change their hard currency and use it to buy materials, they are also feeling the heat of the terrible economy.

It is because binance app.

It's possoble internet will be blamed soon too.

All High Costs on all commodities are welcome.

Our darling daddy is moving our dearest country forward.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Evolutionism: 11:19am On Mar 09
seborrhic:

One dindirin that is a top most banker and industralist says Tinubu is on the right track.
Sometimes I wonder how people like that reached the top industrial and banking heights they have reached when every economist knows that less construction,less sales,less fuel consumption and use are primary indicators of a shrinking economy.
So someone overseeing the shrinking of the economy and thus the things that follow it,is on the right track according to Elumelu

All those are just ordinary titles assigned to themselves by their fellow dull crooks with no significant Intelligence.

Most of them have nothing in their brains. It's the sole reason why the country is the way it is.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Honestey: 11:23am On Mar 09
To build house now as a civil servant you must find a way to steal enough money. This is your faith
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by nairalanda1(m): 11:27am On Mar 09
axglide:

And people are abusing government if they try to meddle in the prices when the citizens are part of the saboteurs. Citizens are wicked and greedy. I don’t know if there’s a price control board in this country.

Many buiilding materials are imported stuff. The person importing it needs more naira to buy dollars to import the thing. Add the fact that even in many oversease countries, life is hard (I was talking with a relative who lives in the USA, and who has a comfortable life, and even she was complaining of high prices over there self)...so result prices goes up.

No one under the condtions in Nigeria, on top of the inflation and increased cost of transport is going to sell at reduced prices. It's not greed, it is called being damm realistic.

Even where the building material is made in Nigeria, inflation means that the manufacturer has to raise salaries , and suchlike. And then the manufacturer is importing some of the raw materials...meaning he has to spend more naira to get one dollar.

Nothing like greed. Either increase prices, or face losing your business.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:39am On Mar 09
Evolutionism:

You are very ******

What if the Seller sell his/her old stock at the new rates and decided not to continue with the business. Some even use the huge proceed to finance their travel out of the country.

I don't blame you because you are typical Negroe Subhuman who doesn't know how to reason talkless of reason properly.
One can easily tell when a person has never done any profitable business in their entire pathetic existence, you’re one of such persons. Throwing words you don’t understand their proper meaning, parading with your faux knowledge on things beyond your understanding. Now run along you hopeless mongrel!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by hansomb: 11:56am On Mar 09
Deltafirstson:
The damages tinubu government have done to Nigerians in less than one year in office is beyond repair.
nothing is beyond repair
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Benrosaria(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09
Do you own your life? How much more the land where you father gave you
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by YouAreNobody: 12:32pm On Mar 09
Evolutionism:

You are very ******

What if the Seller sell his/her old stock at the new rates and decided not to continue with the business. Some even use the huge proceed to finance their travel out of the country.

You're just daft. just read the bullshit you spewed and ask yourself if you're sensible in any way.

"What if the Seller sell his/her old stock at the new rates and decided not to continue with the business. Some even use the huge proceed to finance their travel out of the country."

So because a petty trader sold wares at the current price, he'll now happily run and close down his business, or use the proceeds to travel out.

And you even had the effrontery to call me a negro subhuman whereas you're the one who has exposed your stark illiteracy and ignorance to the entire world to see.
I'm sure you've never run a business in your life, that's why you're spewing bullshit like a geriatric donkey!
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by SSpeter(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
Have you tried exporting any product before?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by SSpeter(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09
faceland:

You can buy off the who town with your dollars.

Dollar earners, no matter how they love Nigeria, might drop dead in shock if they heard that overnight $1 was equal to 200 naira.
before dollar gets to 200 the economy would have been so fantastic that those with dollars would start investing heavily. Did you know in Kenya, guys are dishing out dollars to earn good spread on KES? even the government had to look for ways to slow the economy? It will not happen overnight!

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by seunayantokun(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09
It's time to turn to clay bricks. Our concentration on cement is too much. Europe and America, and other parts of the developped world aren't using cement like we do and they have far more beautiful and enduring structures.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by poseidon12: 2:46pm On Mar 09
EnglishUsa:
well not at all but I have a friend that was into this delivery business with bike and is during this regime that he got the contact to be exporting goods abroad, more especially food condiments and I most tell you this guy have started building a mention now and he now owns his own delivery vehicle... The person he hand over his bike has also started... This economy will make some people poor and will make some people reach.... I am not saying I like what is happening right now in Nigeria but instead of us to be accusing each other we can tell people that has money and maybe thinking on the business to go into what to do. God will help us all is not easy bro

I like your mindset. One has to make the best of every situation we find ourselves in.
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by amaechi185: 3:01pm On Mar 09
Imagine bricklayer go still steal cement for site. Mr Dj kindly play us Nigeria jagajaga by Idris abdulkareemImagine bricklayer go still steal cement for site. Mr Dj kindly play us Nigeria jagajaga by Idris abdulkareem...
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by HRMK: 3:32pm On Mar 09
WHEN YOU CAN NOT EVEN HAVE THREE SQUARE MEALS.YOU COME TO COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT HAVING HOUSES!LIKE SERIOUSLY?
Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by Evolutionism: 4:22pm On Mar 09
YouAreNobody:

You're just daft. just read the bullshit you spewed and ask yourself if you're sensible in any way.

"What if the Seller sell his/her old stock at the new rates and decided not to continue with the business. Some even use the huge proceed to finance their travel out of the country."

So because a petty trader sold wares at the current price, he'll now happily run and close down his business, or use the proceeds to travel out.

And you even had the effrontery to call me a negro subhuman whereas you're the one who has exposed your stark illiteracy and ignorance to the entire world to see.
I'm sure you've never run a business in your life, that's why you're spewing bullshit like a geriatric donkey!

OLE!!!

E pain amgrin

Go and be ripping people off then.

You will meet your Nemesis soon.

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Cement: We Can’t Own Houses Again - Nigerians Cry Out by AlphaSoul: 8:04pm On Mar 09
HenryThegreat1:
•The hardship is too much, we can’t continue to bear it —Residents
•Cement vendors decry poor patronage
•Housing deficit’ll continue to rise unless prices drop —REDAN laments

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/rising-cost-of-cement-we-cant-own-houses-again-nigerians-cry-out/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Roofing Project For A Narialander In Port Harcourt / Elegant Houses For Rent In Asaba Delta State / Collapsed Building Kills Pregnant Woman, Daughter (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.