Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? (1929 Views)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Boko Haram Members Killed While In Training In Iraq / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by toney(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2007
Building a $592 million dollars American embassy building in Iraq , what has this got to do with fighting terrorism? If really -fighting terrorism - is why the Americans are in Iraq.

I see this as "mother of all act" of terrorism

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=3619098

Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by denex: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2007
$600 million to build embassy?!! Na diamond dem wan use as block?

Jesus! And I am here complaining about Renovating our Speakers Residence for N600 million?

Corruption pass Corruption O! Nigeria, we still dey learn for where America dey. $600 million, that is N76,000,000,000.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by hajifaty: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2007
Yea, u are right corruption past corruption but our leader the chop with hand,leg,mouth and head even the whole body. In case of america them they chop but them no forget the citizen.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by babasin(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2007
$600 million to build embassy?!!

this is nothing for US embassy. the you know amount of technology and weaponry system to be included.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by texazzpete(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2007
Why do people shamelessly display their ignorance? This is why i always advocate that people should read as widely as possible.
The article states

A new U.S. embassy is currently under construction in the Green Zone of Baghdad. The compound will be comprised of 21 buildings across 104 acres. Once completed, the new $592-million U.S. embassy will likely be the biggest, most fortified diplomatic compound in the world

21 freaking buildings in one of the most dangerous spots in the world, each building required to be constructed out of fortified concrete and with bulletproof windows with lots of latest, cutting edge technology and yet you people are shouting anc comparing it to the renovation of one reaking building in Nigeria? This figure also probably factors in the labour, much of which would be brought in from outside Iraq (can't have blueprints falling into terrorist hands)

How can sensible, logical people comment on an article without even reading the source? The first three posters should be really ashamed of their lack of wisdom.
the poster has the most blame for his dumb 'terrorism' comment. The only excuse he has is that maybe he just can't read. Even an anti-american should be honest.
pathetic
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by denex: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2007
Some people are just entirely deranged!

Some morons did not bother to find out if the Speakers Residence needed walls to be torn down and rebuilt with re-enforced fire-retardant concrete and all the windows replaced with bulletproof materials.

These idiots will forget that there is absolute insecurity in Nigeria which they have often chorused.

Yet are quick to come and polish their Masters' mistakes and wipe their Masters' shyt.

Even if 22 buildings were to be in the embassy, that is a cost of $25 million per building. Na two TINAPAs dem wan build for there? For God sake it's an embassy.

I hope the day that Nigeria will decide to build $50 million embassy in Iraq, these same people that are trying to shut us up will have the virtue of shutting up too.

Iraq has been used to siphon more than $100 billion into the pockets of corrupt politicians yet nobody will allow us speak against it because it is the Almighty USA.

Some months ago, $12,000,000,000 in cash was stolen by a USA politician. In hard cash that was transported in a couple of Chinook Helicopters, yet people don't want us to talk because it is the USA, we should not mention that they are the most CORRUPT country in the world!
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by texazzpete(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2007
@denex
You make unsubstantiated allegations and yet you want credibility?
Kindly post your sources instead of wild allegations.
Pray, tell us where the insecurity and instability is in Abuja, especially where the Speakers' house is being built. Have millitants moved to Apo quarters now?

If you think the cost is too high, try costing the hi-tech equipment and security features sure to be built in the house. At least i'll bet the Speaker's house doesn't have hardened reinforced roofs to protect it from mortar fire.

Are you even aware of the cost of hi-tech nowadays?
Does the speaker's house have a helipad? Secure, soundproof briefing rooms? Counter-intelligence offices? factored in the power generation plants needed to power 21 buildings at heavy load? Security cameras with surveillance rooms? Sentry posts? marine barracks?

use your head, man!
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by denex: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2007
It must be all these "high-tech" gadgets that the Speaker wants to renovate into her residence.

It is not only high-tech, it is ultra-nano-tech.

Bloody thieves and king cons of corruption. Wasting human lives on both sides just to line their pockets.

I wonder tex-ass if you are now beginning to preach that Nigeria is no more rife with insecurity.

Wild Allegation you say, links you need?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aRfRyhT0yHzU&refer=us

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/iraq_aid_missing.html

www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/iraq_billions200710

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/060806Lindorff.shtml

So please, somebody tell me this has not surpassed the height of corruption anywhere in the world.

Where is TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL now? At the end of the year, their ratings will come out and the USA will appear as one of the most transparent countries in the world.

Oops! I forgot. The USA is the highest financial contributor to Transparency International. Therefore, no favourable rating, no favourable funding. Quite a transparent relationship.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by toney(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2007
texazzpete:

Why do people shamelessly display their ignorance? This is why i always advocate that people should read as widely as possible.
The article states

A new US. embassy is currently under construction in the Green Zone of Baghdad. The compound will be comprised of 21 buildings across 104 acres. Once completed, the new $592-million US. embassy will likely be the biggest, most fortified diplomatic compound in the world

21 freaking buildings in one of the most dangerous spots in the world, each building required to be constructed out of fortified concrete and with bulletproof windows with lots of latest, cutting edge technology and yet you people are shouting anc comparing it to the renovation of one reaking building in Nigeria? This figure also probably factors in the labour, much of which would be brought in from outside Iraq (can't have blueprints falling into terrorist hands)

How can sensible, logical people comment on an article without even reading the source? The first three posters should be really ashamed of their lack of wisdom.
the poster has the most blame for his dumb 'terrorism' comment. The only excuse he has is that maybe he just can't read. Even an anti-american should be honest.
pathetic

MR/MRS. (whichever u are) undecided

are u a chronic Visa lottery hopeful? What make u think anybody - after reading a mere headline - would jump off to post an issue "over it" in this forum?
Is it ur exaggerated love for UNCLE SAM or misunderstanding of world politics and event that is obfuscating you from seeing the "terror" in the act of building a $600 million dollar worth embassy structure in a country that never really had any meaningful diplomatic relationship with you
Nairaland - i understand- is a forum for intelligent discussion and exchange of ideas and not a place for display of verbal abuses. If u think u know better,if u are widely read and extensively current, then cultivate the diplomacy of educating others without the display of an"area boy/girl" act of semantic gymnastic

i beg America does not give a SH*T about Ur defence of its worldwide known atrocities
own up and face reality.

An atheist country building a $600 mil dollar embassy structure in a predominantely Muslin nation?
can u imaging!
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by denex: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2007
I wonder who gave them the 104 acres of land which they gleefully preparing to build on.

I wonder whether if not for the fear of what the USA Military would wreak on them Iraqi people wouldn't have questioned that seizure of land and illegal siting of property.

I wonder if Iran deploys its military to the USA and declares 100 acres of prime property in Washington D.C as the chosen land in which to build its 21 building, $600 million fortified armored bunker as its embassy. I wonder what people would say when for fear, the people of the USA do not complain.

What is Terrorism, what is controlling people through fear?

Who gave the USA a 104 acre landed property? Didn't they obtain it through terrorism?

So who is and has always been the real TERRORIST?!
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2007
Denex i agree with you on this.
Why build a damn building worth $600 million dollar in iraq?
what is its use?

I always remember what Osama once said

"HE said they take our land,money and kill our children and when faced by resistance they call it terrorism"

Isn't this true,
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by osereka(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2007
why build an embassy with that amount?
why build an embassy in your enemy country
why build an embassy on that vast plot of land?
why why why??
WHY DO THEY INVADE IRAQ IN THE FIRST PLACE
answer this then you answer everything!

EVEN AMERICA EMBASSY IN ISREAL IS NOT BUILT BY HALF THAT AMOUNT
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by osereka(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2007
REASONS
1 AMERICA WILL INVADE IRAN
2 AMERICA WILL INVADE SYRIA, LEBANON,
PALESTINIA AND ALL THOSE ARAB NATIONS THAT
HAVE OIL. THIS AM VERY SURE OF.
THAT IS WHY AMERICA CAN NEVER ALLOW IRAN TO HAVE NUCLEAR BOMB.
THAT IS WHY THEY NEED THAT VAST LAND TO PACK THEIR ARSENAL.
ALL THE FUEL THEY NEED FOR THEIR MISSION IS THERE IN IRAQ.
THAT PLACE IS NOT AN EMBASSY BUT A MILITARY BASE FOR BROTHER SAM grin

believe it or not this is a prelude to another form of colonization.
when they finish with the arabs, then it will be our turn the africans that have it
BLACK GOLD, aka crude oil.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by toney(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2007
osereka:

REASONS
1 AMERICA WILL INVADE IRAN
2 AMERICA WILL INVADE SYRIA, LEBANON,
PALESTINIA AND ALL THOSE ARAB NATIONS THAT
HAVE OIL. THIS AM VERY SURE OF.
THAT IS WHY AMERICA CAN NEVER ALLOW IRAN TO HAVE NUCLEAR BOMB.
THAT IS WHY THEY NEED THAT VAST LAND TO PACK THEIR ARSENAL.
ALL THE FUEL THEY NEED FOR THEIR MISSION IS THERE IN IRAQ.
THAT PLACE IS NOT AN EMBASSY BUT A MILITARY BASE FOR BROTHER SAM grin

believe it or not this is a prelude to another form of colonization.
when they finish with the arabs, then it will be our turn the africans that have it
BLACK GOLD, aka crude oil.

", A PRELUDE TO ANOTHER FORM OF COLONIZATION"

Yes! Thats exactly what it is and i hope Africa could take the time out to understand this imminent danger. This "self justified" invasion of Arab nations is not really about fighting or curbing "assumed" terrorism and religious extremism, rather its about political and economic annihilation.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by Sijien(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2007
we neva start corruption for naija sha. this one is just to chop. peace has not come to iraq yet and they are spending $600m to build embassy. na wa o.
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by panalyst(m): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2007
I dont understand why you guys are comparing them building their embassy. At least it went out in the news, ? Did your speaker's renovation come out like this? It was only when someone blew the whistle on it, that the scandal leaked. This is not a scandal. It will be ratified by the US congress. If they agree, then let it be, I dont see Americans complaining, PLEASE LETS NOT CRY MORE THAN THE BEREAVED,
Re: Building A $600 Million Dollars Embassy Structure In Iraq? by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2007
What is wrong with building a 600 million dollar Embassy in Iraq?? You are trying to compare Apples and oranges when you try to compare American spending with Nigerian spending. There are buildings that cost way more than that one here and are way way smaller. Building a huge embassy like that down there is not just about the building but the statement that is to be made. With that there I am guessing housing will also be in the build for embassy officials, technology and more as well providing america a central location in the middle east,  That has NoTHING to do with Corruption at all. You have to come here to see Buildings to understand that a 600 million embassy is nothing at all. I mean even here,

Please read more on the article to understand more about what is really involved. Do you think that 2 story building in Lagos is American in any way?? I say they just dumped that trash there cause they do not think much about Nigerian : grin

Kobojunkie

(1) (Reply)

N50billion Police Equipment Fund Cornered / We No Go Gree Ooo, We No Go Gree, Nl Election Was Rigged, We No Go Gree / Nigeria: Jonathan Launches New Tax Policy, Tax ID Numbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.