Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co (1937 Views)

Fintiri Spends N22bn In 86 Days As Governor – APM / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram / Man With 86 Wives To Sue Inec For Discrimination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by bilymuse: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2008
Maasaba’s 86 wives, children protest, invade House of Assembly - Husband asks court to upturn Fatwa
From Dipo Laleye and Lanre Adewole - 19.09.2008

A new twist was added to the case of the Islamic scholar with 86 wives, Alhaji Bello Maasaba, when all his wives and some of their children on Thursday embarked on a peaceful protest to the Ministry of Justice and the Niger State House of Assembly, seeking the release of their breadwinner.

The women were led by Afusat Bello, who was said to have been involved in the suit filed last Monday challenging the right of Maasaba to marry more than four wives.

The women, 11 of them pregnant, who were accompanied by 42 of the 104 children of the Islamic cleric, were conveyed to Minna in two buses, while the children were driven in eight cars.

They carried placards which read ‘Release our husband because we’re suffering’, ‘Don’t render our unborn children fatherless,’ ‘We don’t want to go into prostitution’.

source:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200809182322395
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by tpia: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nigeria10: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
The story looks funny, do you know how the women look about the same age. did this man married them on the same day. And is it possible for one man to be married to 86 women?

And do you think that Northerner women are this foolish?

And do you think they would not have had AIDS??

This look like 419, How the man marry women who some of them look alike. Na 419, And you think women would marry a man they know has 86 women and is poor. The man not be rich man, he no be chief.

Do you want to tell me the men in niger state are impotent or what ?

This is an set up. Na 419 over population census , I forgot, census boss comes from that state and area.
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by tpia: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nigeria10: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
niger state is not the most populated state in nigeria. if you look at the satellite picture. you can go for many km without anything.
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by keyremotes(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2008
It is more shameful to the Nation that after all the years this old man as spent in the midst of his "persecutors" they never raised an eyebrow until he was featured in the news.

That shows the hypocrisy behind the whole thing.

They should rather go and learn from the man how to keep a home in peace.

This is just a case of [size=14pt]MORBID JEALOUSY[/size]

SHAME ON ALL OF US!!!
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by bawomolo(m): 2:22am On Sep 20, 2008
the parents that were handing over their daughters to esin "OG" baba need to be spanked upside their heads shocked
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nigeria10: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2008
Story look hoax, i dont believe, I believe it just a mere propaganda
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by darlingbas(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2008
@ nigeria 1
quote author=Nigeria1@; link=topic=173329.msg2826433#msg2826433 date=1221850315]
niger state is not the most populated state in nigeria. if you look at the satellite picture. you can go for many km without anything.
[quote][/quote]

must you bring satellite pic into every disccussion, next time i hear satellite from you i will jump. , just kidding though
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2008
And some people will quickly claim that juju doesn't work in that wicked country. Ofcourse it does, the 86 wives can't be in their right mind.

However, the man should be released immediately since marrying several wives is not against the constitution of the country. The wives have also testified that the old man can satisfy the entire household sexually and otherwise. cool

If not for hypocrisy which unfortunately is part of our culture, one begins to ask for the difference between marrying 2 wives and marrying 86 wives?
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 21, 2008
In my own opinion, the man should be jailed for child abuse because there is no way I will believe that he is or will be able to cater for all those kids. I think that the family is more of a breeding ground for criminals or criminals to be (no disrespect intended).
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by bilymuse: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2008
In my own opinion, the man should be jailed for child abuse because there is no way I will believe that he is or will be able to cater for all those kids. I think that the family is more of a breeding ground for criminals or criminals to be (no disrespect intended).

may God forgive you , for you do not know what you are saying
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by seyibrown(f): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2008
What's all this fuss about?

It is not illegal to marry more than 1 wife in nigeria!

The man likes slim, fat, fair, dark tall, short, Large boobs, medium boobs, small boobs. I bet he's got them in all sorts of combinations. LMAO!

Variety is the spice of life! grin grin grin
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Mpele(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2008
Do I HAVE TO SAY MORE! This is totally insane. That's why the whole world will never take Africa serious. Oh god what did this continent do to deserve this.
Lol!!!!!!
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by c33b33(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
nobilia:

if the media didnt report this issue,will you be sitting there and typing rubbish?what do you mean by child abuse?is there any of his wives below 18years of age?Breeding ground for criminals indeed!how many of his children has been reported commiting crimes?This man has been managing his family for years before the media brought the story,he never went to the street to seek alms and should please be left alone.Where were the so-called sharia people when he married his fifth wife and went ahead to get the 80th one.Make them leave the man jwo! cool
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by tpia: 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by c33b33(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
tpia:

abeg na true nobilia dey talk jare.

its this polygamic mentality that makes people think its a cultural thing to beat up women and children as if you're flogging animals.if he used to beat them up like animals,y should they go on a protest march but didnt decide to leave him to rot?

How do you maintain discipline in a house with 86 women and over 114 children? How else can you maintain discipline except by constant irrelevant threats and futile flogging?thats is what we are suppose to be finding out,how one man can control such household and if possible emulate him if he's stylr of diciplne is positive

Running the household like a concentration camp and I wonder if the man even knows all his children's names. He probably stopped bothering to remember after child #20. i have seen a man with only four wives but large number of children,he kept in touch with his family by opening a register,maybe that is what the hausa man may be doing to keep track of his household

As it is, I hope some of the kids don't have the same names- or who's keeping track?

after a while some of them may even marry each other.the media should have done their duty of finding those details,i am sure if there was a case in that household,it would have been reported

Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 23, 2008
@C33B33,

You will make more sense without the insults.

Tell me how it is not child abuse to have 100 and something children in a single household. How would the mental and physical needs of those kids be met. Raising up a child is not about 3 square meal, it is about raising up a human being.
How would those children share their father's time, how would they feel loved in a family where the kids have to fight over their father's love.
If you do not see any thing wrong in this then you do not have any moral right to call my post nonsense because you got no sense and you may be from a broken home which is why you do not know what parental love means to a child's young mind.
The mere news traumatized me let alone the kids that live in that kind of enviroment. This is exactly what is wrong with us, the mentality that any individual can do whatever he or she wishes, it should not be so in this century of enlightment.
I am not talking about the wives, those sealed their fate with their own hands.

To those who said that god or God should forgive me, I hope he will forgive Baba too for perpetrating misery on those young minds that call him father.
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 23, 2008
So embarrassing,
The man is not even fine or rich.
He sends his children out to beg for their daily food.
Now, those women know full well that most of those kids ar enot his. Ika women. Taking advantage of an old man that his muscles don lax dude to old age and too much pounding.
Can he satisfy those women everyday? no
every week? No
Like once a year.
What do they do about getting sex? I don't think each one of them would wait every 50-86 days to get it.

If he knows all their names and his children's names sef, he should be awarded with a diploma.
Abeg, women like to cause wahala for themselves.
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 23, 2008
Why do all the women look alike?:
Are you trying to accuse him of marrying his wife's children?
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by 1luvkipsus: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
If only Maasaba was a business mogul who can contest Nigerian's presidential election, he would not only be worshipped, but be elected the Nigerian president. And his brother, IBB will not annul his election. Don't cry Maasaba, the hot water will soon get cold. This unnecessary attraction will make you so rich that no one can question you again. And if care is not taken, we will vote you as our President but you will not die in jail.
Re: Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co by c33b33(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2008
1luvkipsus:

If only Maasaba was a business mogul who can contest Nigerian's presidential election, he would not only be worshipped, but be elected the Nigerian president. And his brother, IBB will not annul his election. Don't cry Maasaba, the hot water will soon get cold. This unnecessary attraction will make you so rich that no one can question you again. And if care is not taken, we will vote you as our President but you will not die in jail.
good point!
nobilia:

@C33B33,

You will make more sense without the insults.

Tell me how it is not child abuse to have 100 and something children in a single household. How would the mental and physical needs of those kids be met. Raising up a child is not about 3 square meal, it is about raising up a human being.
How would those children share their father's time, how would they feel loved in a family where the kids have to fight over their father's love.
If you do not see any thing wrong in this then you do not have any moral right to call my post nonsense because you got no sense and you may be from a broken home which is why you do not know what parental love means to a child's young mind.
The mere news traumatized me let alone the kids that live in that kind of enviroment. This is exactly what is wrong with us, the mentality that any individual can do whatever he or she wishes, it should not be so in this century of enlightment.
I am not talking about the wives, those sealed their fate with their own hands.

To those who said that god or God should forgive me, I hope he will forgive Baba too for perpetrating misery on those young minds that call him father.
i am sorry if you felt insulted!
Yeah raising up a family is not about 3 square meals,does his children sound like trained goats,am very sure you didnt watch the interview on tv,you only read on paper & his children were not interviewed on paper.If you all fight for your father/s love in your household does not mean every household will go through war to get their father/s attention
Yeah i have no right to call your post nonsense but i gat sense and i am not from a broken home but a peaceful & loving family just the way am sure Maasaba was living with his family before he got the media attention which made idiots who have access to internet to flex their fingers typing words only those that do not think well do!
You need to be traumatized cos the Breadwinner of that family has been whisked away which can make his family becoming a nuisance to the society.I think there are worst issue to be addressed by the sharia people instead traumatizing a whole household!

(1) (Reply)

Almanjeris Take Over Lagos / Ekiti Gubernatorial Candidate, Isaac Arowosaye, Charged With Insurance Fraud In / The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.