Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes (17201 Views)

Kidnapping In Enugu Communities On The Rise As Residents Vacate Their Homes(Pix) / Nigerians Can Now Apply For Houses Built Under FG National Housing Programme / Fulanis Chase 1,000 Tivs From Their Homes In Taraba (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Promismike(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09
Ok
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:02pm On Mar 09
yinkus6750:
The most relevant ministry, bringing transformation to Nigerians
Kudos.

but have Nigerians not been applying for passports from the comfort of their homes before now?

the question is when will the passport be ready?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Didijiji: 5:02pm On Mar 09
The working minister

Keep up the good work

You Dey play, e Dey show

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by integrity16(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09
Let them also liase with NIPOST to providing emailing service.

A NIPOST desk office can be positioned at all our passports offices, they can begin emailing immediately the passports are ready for collection.

Official corruption in our passports offices stinks to high heavens!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Mar 09
LordBillionz:

The bulk of the bribe they collect come from this in Nigeria. These things should be automated and made easier

automated in what way? have Nigerians in Nigeria not been applying for passports on NIS portal before now?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:04pm On Mar 09
Didijiji:
The working minister

Keep up the good work

You Dey play, e Dey show

which good work is that?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:05pm On Mar 09
GboyegaD:
This will be some good relief.

good relief in what way?

have Nigerians both at home and abroad not been applying for passports online before now?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:06pm On Mar 09
omoadeleye:
Nice one Tinubu

is this new or something that has been going on even before Tinubu was sworn in?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by EmekaBlue(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09
Let people testify first

Idiots
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by safariman(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09
Applying for a Nigerian passport online from someone's home has been in existence for years. The only issue is that one has to go in person to a third party company located here on Parklawn road in Rockville Maryland for screening and they too charge. I think you still have to go the Embassy for biometric. I feel sorry for the Nigerians in diaspora where the Embassy or the third party is no where near their state of residence in the US.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by omoadeleye(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

is this new or something that has been going on even before Tinubu was sworn in?

Werey. Koshi lor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Verbtips(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09
Old trick you can't decieve me home
when dollar was 150 you no do eni thin nw that dollar na 1500 you wan decieve me COME home abeg no hi us gringrin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by sonnie10: 5:10pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

but have Nigerians not been applying for passports from the comfort of their homes before now?

the question is when will the passport be ready?
Except if they added the biometric aspect. If not, I don’t see any new development here.
You could apply for passport online before now if you live in the US, but must go to the center for biometric.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Izuogu4Presdent: 5:11pm On Mar 09
You still need to have NIN before applying. Sucks

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by sonnie10: 5:13pm On Mar 09
safariman:
Applying for a Nigerian passport online from someone's home has been in existence for years. The only issue is that one has to go in person to a third party company located here on Parklawn road in Rockville Maryland for screening and they too charge. I think you still have to go the Embassy for biometric. I feel sorry for the Nigerians in diaspora where the Embassy or the third party is no where near their state of residence in the US.
Yea
Boston you go to New York
Texas you make the 10 hours drive to Atlanta.
Crazy!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Didijiji: 5:14pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

which good work is that?
Easier access to passport.. New and renewal
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by LordBillionz: 5:14pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

automated in what way? have Nigerians in Nigeria not been applying for passports on NIS portal before now?
By their self or in Immigration offices?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by pappilo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 09
free2ryhme:

na so una dull for this country grin grin grin

You can always apply for passport from the comfort of your home, na getting appointment to capture at the appropriate time be the main deal

Exactly! Nothing has changed. You still have to visit one useless Innovate website to make payment. Then book an appointment to give your biometrics (again) like you did 5 years ago. Like your finger prints will change. You'd be lucky if the appointment date you get is within the next 5 months.

Gbajue minister!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by jimmynauty: 5:15pm On Mar 09
successmatters:
Until we see those served without collection of multiple bribes, till then.

Making promises is one thing, fulfilling it is another.

I think the yeye minister is just playing to the gallery without any hopes of fulfilling any promises.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by johnjose68: 5:15pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

I think the yeye minister is just playing to the gallery without any hopes of fulfilling any promises.

Even you do not believe that your parents are your parents grin

So nobody cares if you believe the minister or not. You no matter in the equation. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by descarado: 5:18pm On Mar 09
It has always been applied from the comfort of people's homes. But you have to book and go for capturing.

What's new. I don't understand

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by successmatters(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09
johnjose68:

Even you do not believe that your parents are your parents grin

So nobody cares if you believe the minister or not. You no matter in the equation. grin

Those who killed their parents for their skouls are always ready to call out other peoples own, because they no longer have any. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by slowice(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09
tefishy:
I remain a big critic of this administration, but I must confess, I like this minister swagger

But his reforms is not working... I just applied for passport in portharcourt and nothing has changed. If you apply online that is how they will keep posting till enternity

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by descarado: 5:21pm On Mar 09
pappilo:

Exactly! Nothing has changed. You still have to visit one useless Innovate website to make payment. Then book an appointment to give your biometrics (again) like you did 5 years ago. Like your finger prints will change. You'd be lucky if the appointment date you get is within the next 5 months.

Gbajue minister!
I wonder what changed.
It's applied online. You pay online. Some extra charges even.
Then book appointment for your biometrics.

What's new here.

But I can say that these days, you receive your new passport in the shortest possible time

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by PepeXKermit: 5:22pm On Mar 09
bassdow:
but would one way or the other, still have reasons to visit the passport office ba ?

For new passport holders it makes sense fir existing users, this should be done with existimg passport number.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:23pm On Mar 09
omoadeleye:

Werey. Koshi lor

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:24pm On Mar 09
LordBillionz:

By their self or in Immigration offices?

by their self on NIS portal. are you just hearing about it for the first time?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Mar 09
Didijiji:
Easier access to passport.. New and renewal
easier access in what way?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Iko5000: 5:26pm On Mar 09
Maybe for the Japa people , not for quiet ,normal and sensible Nigerians .
Nazgul:
Most Nigerians in diaspora are more interested in getting the passport of their host country than that of Nigeria.

The government should make the process easier for Nigerians living in Nigeria cos they need it more than anything to kick start their Japa plans. Nigerians over there are perfectly fine.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Didijiji: 5:26pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

easier access in what way?
He cleared backlogs! We know how difficult and corrupt it was to obtain a 🇳🇬 passport before he came

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by kole22k(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

Hatred will not kill you...once you hate someone even if he does something great and everyone is applauding him you will never see the greatness

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Eriokanmi: 5:26pm On Mar 09
nlfpmod:

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo

Nice idea, provided cash crunch won't delay issuance as is now the case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose: Court Orders EFCC, Zenith Bank To Appear Over Freezing Of Account / Amosun, Shettima At The Swearing-In Of Amina Mohammed As Deputy UN Sec. General / Will APC Survive Its Self-induced Hurricane Today?, By Dele Momodu On Pendulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.