Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education (7056 Views)

International Women's Day: Philanthropist Dr. Godwin Maduka Salutes Women / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by ogugwa1992: 6:15pm On Mar 09
*Ighodalo salutes women on International Women’s Day, calls for increased investment in education and entrepreneurship for women*.

Dr. Asue Ighodalo, the Peoples Democratic Party’s flagbearer for the Edo Sept. 21, governorship election, has applauded the unbreakable spirit of the Edo Woman in the face of crushing economic hardship.

Dr. Ighodalo, who issued a statement to mark International Women's Day(IWD), said he marvels at the bravery, determination and can-do attitude of the Edo women as they work to build businesses, secure an education and support their homes despite rising inflation and economic uncertainty.

The theme of the United Nations (UN) 2024 International Women’s Day (IWD) celebration is 'Invest in Women: Accelerate Progress.'

In his statement, Dr. Ighodalo remarked that “This year’s IWD theme - invest in women to accelerate progress - is an incontestable statement of fact. I have enjoyed personal and professional success from investments I have made in women; and back home in Ewohimi the scholarships we have provided to girls and the financial grants we have given to female entrepreneurs have been transformational; for them and for our community.

My belief in the transformational power of women on a societal level is why we visited markets, small female-owned business and the students at the School of Nursing in Benin; to listen to our women and encourage them. We cannot make any meaningful progress as a society if we do not empower our women with knowledge and with resources.

So I call on leaders in the public and private sector to bring more women to the table; and to back their words with real action in the form of increased financial support and access to opportunities for female students and business owners.”

Dr. Ighodalo’s week-long Women in Entrepreneurship Tour included stops at Oba market; a visit with the Chairman of Egor LG Council, Eghe Ogbemudia, to a dump evacuation site; Orhue Beauty (Makeup Saloon), EJ culinary school and the popular Mama Ebo Pepper Rice fast-food outlet. He also stopped at the Edo State Library Complex to support Osariemen Asein’s record-breaking Guinness World Record reading attempt; and concluded his tour with a visit to the School of Nursing in Benin.

https://leaders.ng/2024/03/09/ighodalo-salutes-women-on-international-womens-day-calls-for-increased-investment-in-education-and-entrepreneurship-for-women/

3 Likes

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by koxi: 10:01pm On Mar 09
Ok
Wait o! Na me be first to comment?!
I don’t feel any different ooo!

1 Like

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Reelmii: 10:01pm On Mar 09
Ok..he is doing well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Willed042(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09
Political

1 Like

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by chopnaira: 10:01pm On Mar 09
That's the next governor of Edo state 100%.
National Obidients have given up to try and convince dem to vote The LP guy.

They see say Edo people nor be Yoruba people wey dey liberal. Small bush back, and they are already running from Edo.

Esan people lo kan and that's final grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by AllTheWayUp: 10:02pm On Mar 09
My Governor....i salute u...u are carried

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Lalami3232(m): 10:02pm On Mar 09
Nice initiative, I must say. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by chopnaira: 10:05pm On Mar 09
koxi:
Ok
Wait o! Na me be first to comment?!
I don’t feel any different ooo!
Lol.
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Chibuzoripob: 10:05pm On Mar 09
sad
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by AOresources: 10:09pm On Mar 09
sad sad
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by seguno2: 10:19pm On Mar 09
ogugwa1992:
*Ighodalo salutes women on International Women’s Day, calls for increased investment in education and entrepreneurship for women*.

https://leaders.ng/2024/03/09/ighodalo-salutes-women-on-international-womens-day-calls-for-increased-investment-in-education-and-entrepreneurship-for-women/

What investments have Obaseki made since he was governor in employing teachers and other staff to make education free for all girls and boys

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by kaywhy09(m): 10:23pm On Mar 09
Kk
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Harddiskng(m): 10:41pm On Mar 09
Did you know that more women/girls are more educated than men/boys presently in Nigeria.
It should be a good thing but even with the statistics Nigeria since to be depreciating the more.

I can’t even consent to women being given political leadership roles in Nigeria, the few ones we tried are far worse than their male counterparts. Sigh.

2 Likes

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by GenFunction: 10:46pm On Mar 09
I dey use 22 hrs fear women,i use d remaining 2hrs fear who no fear women.

4 Likes

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:52pm On Mar 09
GenFunction:
I dey use 22 hrs fear women,i use d remaining 2hrs fear who no fear women.
That means you are always jobless for 24hrs

2 Likes

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by GenFunction: 11:01pm On Mar 09
Holluwhakemmy:
Olodo,na popular quote.

3 Likes

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Amudeneogu: 11:02pm On Mar 09
It is time to celebrate Men ( the international men's day)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:04pm On Mar 09
GenFunction:
Olodo,na popular quote.
dey play ▶️
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by GenFunction: 11:04pm On Mar 09
Holluwhakemmy:
U like dis dem suppose use 1 week dae fear u...all this promiscuos ladies of dis modern generation

1 Like

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by GenFunction: 11:06pm On Mar 09
Holluwhakemmy:
dey play ▶️
as i like play reach,I WNT PLAY WITH A PROMISCUOS WOMAN O
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:06pm On Mar 09
GenFunction:
U like dis dem suppose use 1 week dae fear u...all this promiscuos ladies of dis modern generation
You will be alright just don't skip your medicine okay

1 Like

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by GenFunction: 11:08pm On Mar 09
Holluwhakemmy:
You will be alright just don't skip your medicine okay
Oh yes any medicine that wil save me 4rm karishika must nt be skipped

1 Like

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by xexofe1741(m): 11:42pm On Mar 09
Okay
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Thundafireseun: 11:48pm On Mar 09
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Man102: 6:27am On Mar 10
Philip Shaibu is the authentic candidate of the People’s Democratic Party in Edo State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Zetty177x: 6:41am On Mar 10
chopnaira:
That's the next governor of Edo state 100%.
National Obidients have given up to try and convince dem to vote The LP guy.

They see say Edo people nor be Yoruba people wey dey liberal. Small bush back, and they are already running from Edo.

Esan people lo kan and that's final grin

I feel like slapping the taste outta ur tongue. Una wan start with GBV narrative.....or Emilokan pattern. Emilokan pattern has destroyed Nigeria. People are dying,others are selling houses and trying to relocate at age 60 for the first time. So that hunger will not kill them. In Edo there's nobody's turn. Edo shall vote for who they believe, I repeat who they believe is competent. Every where is too fragile now to be saying it's someone turn... After 8 years, turn or Emilokan can come in..

Nb
I opened this post thinking it was written by Jude Ighalo
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by HRMK: 8:37am On Mar 10
ALREADY BEHAVING LIKE A STATE GOVERNOR OR SIMPLY SEEKING A VERY CHEAP PUBLICITY?
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by Morbeta11(m): 9:25am On Mar 10
Nothing is permanent expert the political fight of Godfather and Son....if you dont ge rit, forgera about rit.
Re: IWD: Ighodalo Salutes Women, Calls For Increased Investment In Education by bentenny(m): 10:00am On Mar 10
The worst governor anyone needs now is the one with a godfather under a very tight allocation or piles of debts from previous administrations!
Edo should take a cue from states like abia where the combination of orji uzo kalu,theordore and ikpaeazu looted and embezzled the scarce allocation coming to the state for 24 years!
Anyone from Edo should bear it in mind that for real development to show up at the state,they must vote for a party or candidate that has no godfather!

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Never Seen $13.5m In My Life - Patience Jonathan / Amaechi: I Didn't Join APC To Become VP!! / Photos: ISIS Cut Off Three Men Head With Sword For Being Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.