Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG (19352 Views)

PHOTOS: Doctors Treat 19 Striking Health Workers Involved In Motor Accident / Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe / Monkeypox: Delta State Commissioner For Health Visits Suspected Victims(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Eniolohunda: 3:39pm On Mar 10
Honestly I support this as well, Nigerians still carry their greedyness abroad. If not, You know you are leaving a job already, why will you take leave of absence, collecting two salaries, blocking those that were supposed to be employed in the position and at the same time, adding your burden on the remaining colleagues.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by skuribeebo: 3:42pm On Mar 10
Awon ole.
You dey abraod dey collect money.
You still dey collect from Nigeria and you are not working.
What type of nonsense is that.
Resign if you know you want to Japan, simple.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by helpee(m): 3:43pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

Lol

Like the government, you're also shying away from the ROOT CAUSE that make majority of these workers even apply for the leave of absence in the first place. You & I know that in over 80% of cases, the reason is to seek for greener pasture elsewhere. In essence, if the system is well funded & conducive enough for these workers to stay back in, there wouldn't be any need for majority of the people leaving under this guise to do so.
Cause & effect are actually inseparable if we're genuinely seeking a LASTING solution to this protracted menace.

I hope you get my point of view now...
The funniest part is that you started your foolish post with Lol.
If we want a permanent solution , we should allow those that leave to keep milking the system because it is not the root cause according to professor alwayzonlyn. If this makes sense to you, you need that Lol for yourself .
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by amerengues(m): 3:43pm On Mar 10
Nigerians are just too toxic, pessimistic and unreasonable. The move by the fed govt is a good one. Isn't it better to address ghost workers?! Let's know those we have on ground to aid accountability, Recruitment, and those in service. That the root cause is the reason doesn't hold water- we already know that. They aren't forced to stay back. Resign then travel

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Btruth: 3:43pm On Mar 10
Sangoamadioha1:

This report is not about that. They are trying to address ghost workers in the system so as to create space for the more people.
What you are saying up there is a topic for another day and definitely not on the subject of this thread.
exactly. Truly, you can't eat your cake and still have it.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Lekan239(m): 3:45pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

What exactly is pushing them out of the system?

Has the government bothered to find out and most importantly, address the factors head on??
who won't leave, why are some expatriate leaving US to come wrk in Nigeria... if I see better option make I no leave abi
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by tonicyril: 3:46pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

What exactly is pushing them out of the system?

Has the government bothered to find out and most importantly, address the factors head on??

See what u re saying??
Ani Oloriburuku niyin se

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by FuckOsuPigs: 3:47pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

Lol

Like the government, you're also shying away from the ROOT CAUSE that make majority of these workers even apply for the leave of absence in the first place. You & I know that in over 80% of cases, the reason is to seek for greener pasture elsewhere. In essence, if the system is well funded & conducive enough for these workers to stay back in, there wouldn't be any need for majority of the people leaving under this guise to do so.
Cause & effect are actually inseparable if we're genuinely seeking a LASTING solution to this protracted menace.

I hope you get my point of view now...

The reason why you're saying this is because those involved are in government employment. Which private organisation will give you leave of absence while you work in another country and earn your pay while you remain on the payroll here?

My wife is a nurse and I am a banker. We have left the country and I mandated my wife to resign her appointment even though her colleagues were applying and being granted leave of absence. It's callous to remain on the payroll of the government while you have indeed decided to move on. That's unfair.

That above is the crux of this thread. When a thread about what the government needs to do to retain them is opened, you can bring up the matter about the root cause

They have no excuse to remain on the register while they work in another employment. That's fraud!

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by tonicyril: 3:48pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

You're still missing my point; whether you're doing so intentionally or not, I can't say.

Anyway, I leave you to your thought, view & opinion about this policy. I already stated mine up there & I stand by it.

I wish Nigeria well.

Have a good night rest.

And to u now u will think u re using ur brain abi??

Report is about the redressing of ghost workers and the burden they piles on their colleagues they left behind, we re not talking about why they are leaving yet....use ur brain for once if truly it's still functioning sir

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by iswallker(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:
“So, to solve this problem, the President has directed that health workers going abroad to work should just resign their appointments and not apply for leave of absence. This way, you won’t be blocking others who want to work and of course piling burdens for your colleagues that you left behind.”

Definitely, Federal Government is doing well to address this drain on taxpayers money who get shortchanged after using their money to train healthcare professionals from public universities.

This is commendable and I support it. To complement the executive order by the President, it's time the NA resume work on the proposed bill by Hon. Ganiyu Johnson, APC
Oshodi Isolo 2 constituency representative. Here's the right way to see it:

5 Years Before Going Abroad Bill: A Clinical Stitch In Time
https://www.nairaland.com/7646704/5-years-before-going-abroad

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

A government that chooses not to have sense. Using fire brigade approach to solve problems.

If you pay a living wage - will they be opting for japa. If you remove the wage disparity where politicians receive humongous wages will they want to leave.

Leave of absence means your name is suspended from the payroll but still exists on the nominal roll of your MDA.

And LOA has a tenure depending on the rules of the civil service or agency you belong to.

You either return when the tenure expires or resign.

So whats the fuss about signing shitty executive orders - as if it will stop someone determined to migrate to a sane country that pays living wages from going.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by 4gunners(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10
Eniolohunda:
Honestly I support this as well, Nigerians still carry their greedyness abroad. If not, You know you are leaving a job already, why will you take leave of absence, collecting two salaries, blocking those that were supposed to be employed in the position and at the same time, adding your burden on the remaining colleagues.
They should stop paying people, it is that simple!

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by babsthegreat: 3:56pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/no-more-leave-of-absence-for-health-workers-relocating-abroad-fg/
instead of at least improving health care so that our health workers will not leave.That should be the priority
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Dybala11(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:
“So, to solve this problem, the President has directed that health workers going abroad to work should just resign their appointments and not apply for leave of absence. This way, you won’t be blocking others who want to work and of course piling burdens for your colleagues that you left behind.”

Definitely, Federal Government is doing well to address this drain on taxpayers money who get shortchanged after using their money to train healthcare professionals from public universities.

This is commendable and I support it. To complement the executive order by the President, it's time the NA resume work on the proposed bill by Hon. Ganiyu Johnson, APC

Typical Nigerian lawmaker/politician. Why not address the root of the problem instead of the offshoot?
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by iLearner: 4:02pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

It's okay, if you insist on your view.

I however see that we're still not ready to address this issue from the root but only interested in the continuous palliation of an already crumbling system. We'll only keep going round a vicious cycle until the day we're ready to "call a spade a spade".

As always, I wish Nigeria well.

#shalom

I think you have comprehension problems
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by sgd: 4:06pm On Mar 10
what of those currently on such leave. should they return?
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Originalsly: 4:11pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

Isn't a person free to request leave of absence? That's an option ... whether to travel to test the waters or personal reasons. Why say it's a free world and dictating one must resign? I do agree with you 100% that the 5 year mandated service before being certified should be the priority. That would take care of this problem. If I were a nurse ... and want to seek greener pasture .... do I have to state my real intention? Nurses will simply say they want the time for personal reasons and japa.... and the problem remains. I'm sure nurses will not resign until they travel and settled in the new job. They may not even resign.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Putindbutt: 4:16pm On Mar 10
LadyRosa:
grin
Who cares!!!
We do, the message was meant for sensible people only.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Putindbutt: 4:17pm On Mar 10
Dalohad:
Tunji Alausa, If your friend Babajide Salako did not Japa to the USA where he started the Kidney center, would he had grown big enough for you to start considering bringing him back to Nigeria and deceive the president to illegally appoint him the MLSCN, even when you knew he is not clearly qualified?
Illiterate, the news is saying A, you're saying B.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Putindbutt: 4:25pm On Mar 10
Originalsly:

Isn't a person free to request leave of absence? That's an option ... whether to travel to test the waters or personal reasons. Why say it's a free world and dictating one must resign? I do agree with you 100% that the 5 year mandated service before being certified should be the priority. That would take care of this problem. If I were a nurse ... and want to seek greener pasture .... do I have to state my real intention? Nurses will simply say they want the time for personal reasons and japa.... and the problem remains. I'm sure nurses will not resign until they travel and settled in the new job. They may not even resign.
You clearly reflect how corruption has become endermic to the society. Why must you be greedy because you feel you can exploit the system. The intention of granting a leave of absence has actually been abused, the call by the minister was in order, if you're seeking an offer abroad, then you resign to free up the space and payroll.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:26pm On Mar 10
Tjra:

That's absconding from work. Your employment will be automatically terminated within a month.
is more better than to tender resignation when living this country 😕
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by enemyofprogress: 4:30pm On Mar 10
AuwalYusuf812:
is more better than to tender resignation when living this country 😕
you and this your made in Kano spellings
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by LadyRosa(f): 4:30pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:

We do, the message was meant for sensible people only.

My opinion is made for reasonable people too
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Yong4ever: 4:31pm On Mar 10
Sangoamadioha1:

This report is not about that. They are trying to address ghost workers in the system so as to create space for the more people.
What you are saying up there is a topic for another day and definitely not on the subject of this thread.
The subject matter is secondary ,if the reason for JAPA is not addressed ,the so called newly employed won't remain in the system either.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Judolisco(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:
Will this really solve the japa syndrome??

They'll simply resign & leave the system!!!

As a matter of fact, this policy will only end up stopping the very few that genuinely intend returning.

Instead of the government to address the main issues pushing the health workers away (which mainly bothers around remuneration & welfare), they keep beating round the bush & embarrassing themselves with archaic & not well thought out policies.
nobody is pushing them away, nobody is getting paid well in Nigeria and medical doctors still earn considerably more than others, can d federal government afford to pay them like their counterpart in UK and other countries? The answer is No, they'll still move... It's better they resign, so that other unemployed people can be employed and gather money too that they'll use to japa if they want... How many people u Don see wey japa come back after a year or two... Some won't smell Nigeria again until like 10 yrs... Na d meaning of japa bdat

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Arabaincubus: 4:38pm On Mar 10
Will you pay them their salaries?
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Thegamingorca(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/no-more-leave-of-absence-for-health-workers-relocating-abroad-fg/

This one dey address another issue as opposed to Japa syndrome wtf? Who wants to eat the country's rotten cake when they've secured work abroad before?

Nna these ppl no sabi wetin the Japa syndrome entails. Thank God dem no sabi say nah exam dey carry ppl go those countries first lol
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Thegamingorca(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10
Sangoamadioha1:

I get your view and believe me everyone knows what you are talking about but the topic under discussion is different from your argument.
This topic is about not giving leave of absence so that those that have japa will not be collecting salaries from FG again and thereby free space for the unemployed. Is that so hard to understand

How will you know those that Japa against those who genuinely sought leave of absence bayiii grin
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Putindbutt: 4:45pm On Mar 10
LadyRosa:

My opinion is made for reasonable people too
No, "who cares" only sounds reasonable to unreasonable people.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by stepaside1: 4:48pm On Mar 10
Calitoscassius:
For the first time i am agreeing with you, Yes, you are correct!

But the government could also pay them better money, good holiday and retirement plans, treat them well, so they wouldn't leave in the first place.

Government should be enticing and encouraging them with better pay, better working condition to stay rather.
How much money can govt pay them? Truth is even if govt triples their current salary, it won't still be enough. We simply cannot compete with the developed countries on wages. India knew this and set up many IT training schools and universities to take advantage of that japa opportunity. Today, almost every top tech company has Indians as CEOs etc. They are now returning home to help the country of their birth. Japa may not always be bad, it depends on how you handle it. We can follow in India's footsteps.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Originalsly: 4:50pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:

You clearly reflect how corruption has become endermic to the society. Why must you be greedy because you feel you can exploit the system. The intention of granting a leave of absence has actually been abused, the call by the minister was in order, if you're seeking an offer abroad, then you resign to free up the space and payroll.

Doesn't the leave of absence have a limit? If it's I definite I can see that is a problem. What is the difference between if someone took leave to seek greener pasture and someone who took leave to build house? How will one affect the payroll and the other wouldn't? How will one prevent others from getting employed and the other wouldn't? If there isn't a limit... then there should be one. As in .... 60 days max leave of absence. If the employee doesn't show up ... warning letter/email sent for termination if he doesn't resume work within 5 days. In this way what the person does within the leave period doesn't matter ... the focus is on their return to work. If he doesn't... he's terminated .... he's off the payroll and is replaced. Limit to leave of absence period is key.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.