Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,625 members, 7,840,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? (4087 Views)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Reference(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Hey guys, lets stop this name propping and dropping. We are talking of a democracy here. No single individual from any region can succeed or fail without the people resisting or collaborating. That is why the quality of followership is important in building the institutions of leadership. And this starts with social justice and political equity. We must all be equally represented and empowered then institutions as powerful as straight jackets to make a success of any tropical animal will be established.

That is why Buhari may or not succeed as a civilian president. His so called anti-corruption stance is a two thousand man battle not a two man show.

Obama for all his intentions is made to look like a puppy because the Capitol is misfiring. Who can he arrest, intimidate or blame, none. The very Americans that voted him voted them.

SLS is good, bold. It is because someone is permitting that. Rufai was good, bold, it is because someone allow him to.

Thus, it doesn't matter where you come from, in a democracy Nigerians will determine who succeeds and who fails. Equity and empowerment of ALL Nigerians is the key to success. The day every one has tasted power and seen the fallacy of it then we can all turn our attention to truth.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by 9jaIhail(m): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2011
@dayokanu

it's a time we the youth of this nation start facing the reality, Jonathan came into power with a fair mind and his motion was noted,first he was focusing to balance all the unbalance political issues our pass president's left.the northerners have notice his view as a view that can bench them northerner not to produce a president in this country in future now they came up with boko haram to discredit him,well i used to blame GEJ but i sat down and analyzed what is going on in our politics i came in conclusion that we need to wipe away this old fools call northern leaders,though GEJ is dull i am sure if someone radical is there and gain the support GEJ have so far gain from the SE/SS he would just got ibb,atiku,buhari,and co arrested and eliminate them for holding this country ransomed,please we need to stop blaming GEJ let support him and encourage him to do well.

SOURCE, please! Moreso, can you tell us when Boko-Haram started?

TO START WITH THE BOKO HARAM STARTED 2009, OBJ USED HIS MISLEADING SWEET WORDS AND PROMISED THE NORTHERNERS A CHANCE TO BE PRESIDENT AFTER HIS TENURE.OBJ RESIGNED AND FIX IN YARA DUDE SICKY SICKY DADDY HE DIED GEJ TOOK OVER NORTH VOW TO DESTABILIZE THE NATION IF GEJ WINS, WHICH THEY STARTED DOING BY EMPLOYING BH IN MASS SENDING THEM FOR ADEQUATE TRAINING IN SOMALI,
(GEJ VIEW AS A PRESIDENT) HES MISSION WAS TO UNITE NIGERIA TO BALANCE ALL THE UNBALANCE POLITICAL ISSUES IN OUR COUNTRY,JONATHAN 50 DAYS IN OFFICE WAS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BEFORE THE BH ISSUE BECAME SOMETHING ELSE.WELL I WILL LIKE TO INFORM YOU MY BE LOVE THE BIGGEST SET BACK ANY GOVERNMENT CAN HAVE IS FIGHTING TERRORISM,LOOK AT AMERICA WITH THEIR INSTABILITY IN FINANCE SECTOR BECAUSE THEY SPEND MORE THAN THEIR INCOME SUPPORTING OTHER NATIONS TO ELIMINATE TERRORISM,ISRAEL THE SAME,SOMALI IS ALREADY DEAD,YEMEN ABOUT TO BE FORGOTTEN, TURKEY CAN'T RISE ABOVE THE STANDARD BECAUSE CUDISH TERRORIST GROUP IS THERE TOO,SRI LANKA ALREADY BECOMING A ZOO, THIS IS THE TIME WE ALL RISE UP AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS NORTHERNERS USING BH TERRORIST GROUP AS A WEAPON TO DISCREDIT GEJ UNLESS WE ACCEPT TO BE LIKE THE SRI LANK ETC,UNDOUBTEDLY YOU AND I KNOWS GEJ WILL DO WELL IF THE NORTHERNER PROMINENT WILL FREE HIM TO WORK.
ENCOURAGE HIM RATHER THAN DISCOURAGING HIM.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by 9jaIhail(m): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
Orikinla (m)
Bonny Island, Nigeria.

Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders?
« #28 on: Today at 11:25:29 AM »

The North has more capable and incorruptible leaders than the southern regions of Nigeria.

The governor of the apex bank is the best so far and he is from the northern region of Nigeria.

The most incorruptible Nigerian political leader was Mallam Aminu Kano and there are still people like him in the north today.
@ ABOVE

THE NORTHERNERS HAVE HAD THE CHANCE SINCE DECADES STILL NOTHING TO OFFER,AND THOSE THEIR CREDIBLE OR INCORRUPTIBLE CANDIDATES AS U SAID DID NOT HAVE THE CHANCE TO SAVE US FOR THE BACKWARDNESS THE NORTHNER LEADERS HAVE PLAGUE WE ALL INTO.
TO BE FAIR IN MY JUSTICE GADAFFI IS FAR BETTER THAN ALL THE NORTHERNER LEADERS PUT TOGETHER, THEY HAVE RULE THIS COUNTRY SINCE DECADE AS GADIFFI DID AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.SHOULD I SEND U THE LIVING STANDARD OF THE LIBYANS UNDER GADAFFI,WHAT THE LIBYANS CLAMORED FOR WAS THAT HE HAVE OVER RULED,NOW WE ALL ARE CLAMORING THE NORTH HAVE OVER RULED WITHOUT ANYTHING TO SHOW FOR ALL THIS WASTED YEARS,PLEASE IT WILL BE A GREAT MISTAKE IF NIGERIANS SHOULD ALLOW THEM SELF FALL THE SAME VICTIM AS WE HAVE BEEN DOING OVER DECADE,LAST TIME BUHARI WAS CRYING IN A CAMPAIGN HMMMM WHAT A POLITICAL STRATEGY,WELL HE CAN CRY BLOOD OUT AS I AM CARELESS OF HOW MANY CUP OF TEARS THAT DROP FROM HIM, VAMPIRES
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2011
yes and no
yes== good in Producing Boko Haram
No == Worst region ever!!!!!
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Reference(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
I think once we get the democracy thing right most other things will simply fall in place. For instance I'm not too worried about the state of the economy or the general state of insecurity. If we are making progress towards political pluralism that's good enough for me. Its the master switch towards any future development.

As I watch the new Greek PM speaking on CNN I cannot but acknowledge the role of democracy at work. They chose to delete the incumbent for a man who will slash their wages, erode their sovereignty and take other unpopular measures in the hope of survival. Who cares where he's from.

What about wealth, power and fame. Could it keep Silvio Berlusconi in office, no. So let's get our priorities right and start building this country from the ground up.

We remain undeveloped because of the tangles of decades of military rule, which was caused by years of civil war the causes of which have not been addressed and cannot be except under a democracy.

So let's maintain stability, steady political development, vigorous civil debate and opposition and pluralism. Shortly we will get there.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by juman(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2011
Nigerian problems are more than this topic.

""Leaders"" don't know that one does not need to have the whole world to do his/her purpose in life, that is worshiping of God.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Riot5000: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
LET THE PAST 45 YEARS OF RULERSHIP OF NIGERIA ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
What do you think?
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Really not into politics but i love the procedes
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Reggie2(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
If leadership of Nigeria is still sort among those who swear that, education "wallahi i no gud", then WAHALA dey. A people deserve the type of leadership they receive. History provides the best insight into the future. Why can't ordinary Nigerians aspire to rule that country? abi na curse? Jona no get shoe and i no get gun, but make i carry de go jare. grin
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Beaf: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2011
All anyone need do to tell if a region has good leaders is, take a look at the region.
Child brides of 10 and under? 10 million almajiri's? Rampant polio, yet it has been eradicated in the rest of the World? Boko haram?. . . The list goes on.

Nuff said.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^ The region that gets the most allocation but the youth live on Militancy.

The region that export the most pr0stitute outside Nigeria.

the region whose main job is to wake up and drink kai-kai

The region that produced the most retardeed president ever Odechukwu retardeen

the region who produced a President who went to Australia searching for sex
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by godman01(m): 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
Is not all of them that is bad.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by donguutti: 12:55am On Nov 15, 2011
YES and NO,
yes- producing "quality leaders" is not a matter of regions but of the people, a matter of choices,social justice and equity.  having the right environment
is as essential to producing Good leaders as the leaders themselves which brings me to the NO part. the issues of absence of social mobility in some parts
of the North makes itdifficult to produce "Quality Leaders" as it limits the choices of who these leaders would be.

for Example, a good Majority of Northern leaders come from a particular ethnic stock,despite the fact that the north has the widest assortment of ethnic groups,
most of those leaders also adherents to a particular religion despite fact of a large minority of adherents of other religions.Also the issue of widespread poverty
and incredible amounts of wealth in the hands of a few also inhibit the production of leaders from the "lower cadres" of Society.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by macjive01: 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2011
godman01:

Is not all of them that is bad.

every one of their present leader is neck deep in corruption, from ciroma to atiku - IBB and their emirs-suporting boko harem.
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Godmann(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
macjive01:

every one of their present leader is neck deep in corruption, from ciroma to atiku - IBB and their emirs-suporting boko harem.

Are our people better? Ditto: OBJ, GEJ and the Governors?
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Beaf: 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
Godman_n:

Are our people better? Ditto: OBJ, GEJ and the Governors?

Yes, they are.
Do we have 10 million almajiri's anywhere in the South?
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^ Those militants in your creeks what do you call them?

Armed Almajiri?
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by macjive01: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
did militants kill innocent Nigerians ?
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
Oh those killed in October 1 bombing were what? Guilty civilians?

Those killed in Atlas Cove bombing were what? Guilty Nigerians?

Educate me
Re: Is The North Incapable Of Producing Quality Leaders? by Godmann(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
Beaf:

Yes, they are.
Do we have 10 million almajiri's anywhere in the South?

Doubt if you are worthy of wasting time on!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petroleum Marketers Threaten To Shut Operations In Two Days / Buhari Is Finished - Ayo Adebanjo / The Gov Said They Were Sooo Shocked By President Buhari In Their Recent Trip To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.