Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91368 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by ComeToJesus: 2:06am On Mar 11
My cousin who enjoyed utmost loyalty from his wife decided to bring her abroad where he stays.

The lady got a job, earned exactly the same figure with hubby and turned to Jezebel overnight.

Stayed with them briefly and discovered that she doesn't cook nor serve the husband food. Husband comes back, gets into the kitchen , fixes something to eat and calls her to come eat.

The lady is practically the boss while my bro is the servant. Still astonished.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by luminouz(m): 2:38am On Mar 11
Anashe:

"According to a reliable source close to THE WILL" is what you're banking on as a fact to run with? Then a man can throw his wife out even in the middle of the night abi? You people can continue to weep, we're wiser now. That woman is in her 70s and with health challenges as you rightly read but you chose to focus on an irrelevant point to fuel your misogynistic agenda. Cry more please! Some of you men parade yourselves as superior first class citizens. We're coming for everything that some of you men thought we'd never have. I have used "some" because there are still sane men in the world
Be like say e pain you sha.

Get money first before bragging, brókeass woman

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by luminouz(m): 2:41am On Mar 11
ComeToJesus:
My cousin who enjoyed utmost loyalty from his wife decided to bring her abroad where he stays.

The lady got a job, earned exactly the same figure with hubby and turned to Jezebel overnight.

Stayed with them briefly and discovered that she doesn't cook nor serve the husband food. Husband comes back, gets into the kitchen , fixes something to eat and calls her to come eat.

Your bro will soon do two things:

1. He either kills her and kill himself because of frustration

2. He gets thrown out and/or dies of a heart attack

N.B: The question for me is, WHAT DAFUQ ARE YOU DOING TO SAVE YOUR MUDAFUCKING BROTHER? OR YOU WILL WAIT TILL HE IS DEAD TILL YOU DO SHIIT?

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by imagrg(m): 5:11am On Mar 11
Daddy.....nooo.
Not now!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by delpee(f): 5:37am On Mar 11
Konquest:

@CasualObserver,
What you posted is FALSE. Folorunso Alakija was NEVER a hair dresser. I see a lot of younger ones pushing this same false story and mangling history up. Let me explain more here to you and those reading this.

She trained in the UK as a professional secretary, returned to Nigeria from England and worked as a banker at IMB Plaza on Victoria Island, Lagos. She later resigned to take care of her small kids in the early 1980s and proceeded to establish the very famous company Supreme Stitches in Lagos State which was a top fashion design outfit for ready-to-wear clothes and many prominent folks in the society such as Mariam Babangida where her friends. These are facts that I personally witnessed in the 1980s through to the 1990s.

She comes from the wealthy Ogbara family who are indigenes of Ikorodu, Lagos State. Ikorodu is one of the 3 Ijebu LGAs in Lagos State and as you might know the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest subgroups among the Yoruba folks and in Nigeria. Her millionaire father even sent Folorunso Alakija and her siblings to school in the UK when she was not even up to 10 years old! So, she took a major risk by bidding for the deep offshore oil well in 1991 with her family members from the Ogbara family and her foreign technical partners and finally found oil in the highly risky deep offshore using FAMFA Oil as a vehicle..

I wrote about this fact just this year when some ethnic bigots and ignorant young ones here on NL (who were obviously NOT born in the 1980s and 1990s) defamatorily wrote that she slept her way with IBB or Abacha to get an oil well which to me is idiotic of these kids and an insult to those of us who knew Mrs. Folorunso Alakija right from the 1980s as a banker, oil mogul, ànd when she started the hugely famous Supreme Stitches which was the first in Nigeria to defined bespoke fashion designing and ready to wear for women. This is the reason why she is also the patron of Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN).

I hope this helps.

Thanks for this. I wonder where the false narrative came from. She comes from a wealthy background and was a banker in IMB before she ventured into fashion on a classy level....like Copperfield and Sofisticat of those days. Of course she sewed for the high and mighty. That's how she got to know Maryam.

People forget that oil wells were mostly allocated to men who either sold or abandoned their licences. With her level of exposure, she rose to the occasion and succeeded. She deserves praise not humiliation by anyone. She has remained humble and generous. May God in his infinite mercy heal her. May He guide and strengthen her to weather the storms and live her life in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 6:36am On Mar 11
Desusi:

For where? Na wahala ooo more especially if they are not from same tribe.

They keep preaching it everywhere. This woman was the emblem of a good woman.

Now we're seeing something different. Why isn't she good anymore and the example of who all women should be? Wealthy yet kneeling to feed her husband and other stories told about her? Unless they were lying.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 6:38am On Mar 11
fxexperts:
Ogbeni do not go and work. be there waiting for who will come and spoon feed you. when these people parents were hustling to make money where were your parents. the death you are wishing the rich only shows that you and your generation will die poor.

base on say na animal wen you buy keep for house abi. you should stay far away from some one else daughter, just keep having sex with yourself. soapy is good for you.

Yes of course he is a king. so no to broke ass bitches.

Preach to Mr. Ataga. Preach to Mr. Akilaja.

There's no king in any marriage anywhere. Just people with brains to understand that marriage is more than their egos.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by purples25(f): 6:57am On Mar 11
ComeToJesus:

How is she a jezebel because they now live as equals? The husband even called her to eat, so to you that show of affection between them means she has turned to a Jezebel?

Okay, it is when the relationship resembles that of Lord and servant, that is when you will know that everything is okay.

4 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Villa12(m): 6:58am On Mar 11
FuckYeyeMods:

Fvcking shut up there..
Sorry uncle liberal. I bet if you marry, you will have a better answer to this your blind argument.
No matter how you want to reason it, you can't get this argument right if you're still single.
my parents marriage is successful and they had mutual love for each other, not looking for remote control
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by God2man2again(m): 7:14am On Mar 11
Another reason why money failed.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by dewiseacre(m): 8:46am On Mar 11
Very true, the man really does adore his flowers/garden

Atarakpa:
The rich also cry. Remember seeing this man in neighborhood walking without shirt and gold necklace with his big stomach and security checking flowers. Around the bulletproof house.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by dewiseacre(m): 8:48am On Mar 11
If you're assuming Folorunsho Alakija is richer than her husband.. then you don't really know them beyond what you read in the media

jeromestarks:
I can NEVER marry a woman who is wealthier than me.
And I will never allow my wife to be richer than me. Never!

Women misuse power. They tend to insult men at the slightest opportunity they get.

Your marriage can not last if your wife has as much money as you.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by U1(m): 9:14am On Mar 11
Akwamkpuruamu:
Marriage no be anybody mate... Na real hardwork e be.

Wealth alone can't sustain marriage neither poverty. Academic excellence is even the worst to sustain marriage.

Two fools can sustain marriage more than two wise people

That last sentence was so on point! 💯
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by TheBillyonaire: 9:18am On Mar 11
I hope they will share the wealth 50-50.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Salubata(m): 9:20am On Mar 11
Your wickedness is borne out of jealousy.

They NEVER stopped u from being rich yourself. Why the HATE angry

Why wishing them bad
Domaining101:
it's not wickedness bro, it's nothing but the truth
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Chosimba: 9:56am On Mar 11
nlfpmod:

https://thewillnews.com/folorunsho-alakija-and-husband-modupe-separate/

Calls to ask WHAT?!

You want to ask someone about why his marriage didn't work? Are you people okay?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by torqque7(m): 10:41am On Mar 11
Eunoiaa:

You should direct this to the unfortunate people you have the privilege of sharing gender with o. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Slither out of my mentions please.

🤣🤣Funny girl,yet one of same gender you imagine as unfortunate pulls off your undies and goes hard into you regularly and deposits a part of him in you..ain’t that something lol. Just dey play..Anyway I am directing it to the person it is meant for,now kindly crawl back to your coven please.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Reallv: 10:53am On Mar 11
Mmmmmmmchewwwww,for this old age dem no fit love till enternity.na waaaaaaa
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by 688olufunke: 11:20am On Mar 11
Fresh digggs loading!Fresh digggs loading!...
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Calitoscassius(m): 12:07pm On Mar 11
At their ages where are they separating to? They d end up alone and lonely for the rest of their lives. It doesn't matter how many billions they have.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Anashe: 12:38pm On Mar 11
luminouz:

Be like say e pain you sha.

Get money first before bragging, brókeass woman

You again? It's giving obsessed at this point. Wasn't even talking to you but you managed to insert yourself in a conversation that wasn't your business. Are you not insane? And you're broke shaming someone you don't know instead of engaging in a sensible conversation or just minding your business? But for the record, child, I pay more in income and business taxes than you'll ever earn in your miserable existence.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by NovusHomo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11
purples25:

I asked the first questions. It's only fair that you reply mine before I answer yours.

I do not like bleaching because it points to deep-seated personality issues for those who do it. Besides, it disgusts me. What do you think?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by EreluRoz: 3:14pm On Mar 11
pansophist:

If the two fools are committed and understand marriage as a duty and sacrifice to the other, then it will last. I doubt if there is love in a polygamous home, but many want it to work, hence it last.

Many times I feel like breaking a bottle of some of my loved ones' heads, they annoy me to by bone marrow, and perhaps, I annoy the hell out of them too.

But if a passerby thinks because I am arguing with my brother, then he can come and interfere, I and my bro will set our beef aside, deal with the passerby wotowoto, then settle our grievances over a bottle of palm wine.

We (I and my bro) are two individuals and are meant to have conflicts, but the conflict will never uproot our love, duty, and sacrifice to each other. The conflict will make us understand our redlines, and try not to cross them anymore.

Marriage should be like that. Fight all you want, but your fight is meaningless if you guys don't learn from each other through that fight. Lots of people don't see marriage as teamwork. They don't see it as suffering.

When they read the ''forever for worse'' in the alter, to them, it's just something they have to do, not a pledge they have to keep. If intending couples understand the power of that pledge, many will be very careful of who they get married to.

I may hire the best assassins in Nigeria to assassinate the president, but they probably won't be successful. But his wife will do it tonight, clean. Also if one marries a person due to the nonsense young people call spec, I pity them.

Ten years more, your so-called spec will add weight, God forbid, get sick and be in a wheelchair, or something worse. Then attraction is gone, and the only thing that will keep you guys is character.

That when you remember two years ago when you were job searching and your wife held it down for you, and other rich men were chasing her then and she resisted the temptation, to show you that she is committed.

Taking care of such a woman in her tough period will be so easy. It's the same thing good parents enjoy. I don't joke with my parents. They are the only people who can ask me for anything (not stupid things obviously) and I will never say no.

And it is simply because their love for me is not in their mouth, it's in their action. They raised me well and didn't scatter my siblings to different oga for apprenticeship.

When my head wanted to turn, they beat nonsense comot from my body. They kept away their differences and made sure they created a stable home for the kids to grow.

Sometimes I wake up at midnight to pee and hear them argue, and the next morning, you will see them laugh and act like no argument happened before.

They created a good, safe, and peaceful home to grow. So tell me, how dare I not treat them well?

If people go into marriage to make it work, then it will work. But if anything, you are already angry and want to exit, then realize that you are getting older, you will laugh or regret your past stubbornness, but what you built will be what will save you.

So much sense from someone who equate love to money. You first paragraph does it for me but I think it shouldn't be coming from you who preaches bills sharing and smartness in relationship at every given opportunity.

If we are to follow some of your contributions on relationship issues, marriages will never last because that idea of outsmarting each other (your 50:50 ideas on almost everything) will eventually crash it.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by luminouz(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11
Anashe:

You again? It's giving obsessed at this point. Wasn't even talking to you but you managed to insert yourself in a conversation that wasn't your business. Are you not insane? And you're broke shaming someone you don't know instead of engaging in a sensible conversation or just minding your business? But for the record, child, I pay more in income and business taxes than you'll ever earn in your miserable existence.
K
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by ComeToJesus: 5:28pm On Mar 11
luminouz:

Your bro will soon do two things:

1. He either kills her and kill himself because of frustration

2. He gets thrown out and/or dies of a heart attack

N.B: The question for me is, WHAT DAFUQ ARE YOU DOING TO SAVE YOUR MUDAFUCKING BROTHER? OR YOU WILL WAIT TILL HE IS DEAD TILL YOU DO SHIIT?

🤓🤓🤓 Bro, don't go there, tried to wake him up but when the woman rubs his head a little, he discloses all my advice to her.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by YoshihideSuga: 5:44pm On Mar 11
Konquest:

@CasualObserver,
What you posted is FALSE. Folorunso Alakija was NEVER a hair dresser. I see a lot of younger ones pushing this same false story and mangling history up. Let me explain more here to you and those reading this.

She trained in the UK as a professional secretary, returned to Nigeria from England and worked as a banker at IMB Plaza on Victoria Island, Lagos. She later resigned to take care of her small kids in the early 1980s and proceeded to establish the very famous company Supreme Stitches in Lagos State which was a top fashion design outfit for ready-to-wear clothes and many prominent folks in the society such as Mariam Babangida where her friends. These are facts that I personally witnessed in the 1980s through to the 1990s.

She comes from the wealthy Ogbara family who are indigenes of Ikorodu, Lagos State. Ikorodu is one of the 3 Ijebu LGAs in Lagos State and as you might know the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest subgroups among the Yoruba folks and in Nigeria. Her millionaire father even sent Folorunso Alakija and her siblings to school in the UK when she was not even up to 10 years old! So, she took a major risk by bidding for the deep offshore oil well in 1991 with her family members from the Ogbara family and her foreign technical partners and finally found oil in the highly risky deep offshore using FAMFA Oil as a vehicle.

I wrote about this fact just this year when some ethnic bigots and ignorant young ones here on NL (who were obviously NOT born in the 1980s and 1990s) defamatorily wrote that she slept her way with IBB or Abacha to get an oil well which to me is idiotic of these kids and an insult to those of us who knew Mrs. Folorunso Alakija right from the 1980s as a banker, oil mogul, ànd when she started the hugely famous Supreme Stitches which was the first in Nigeria to defined bespoke fashion designing and ready to wear for women. This is the reason why she is also the patron of Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN).

I hope this helps.

Interesting...

I'm curious, why aren't these histories well documented so that they are easily retrievable for future references? It's bad that to refute mendacious and to an extent defamatory claims by others, we rely on personal anecdotes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by luminouz(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11
ComeToJesus:

🤓🤓🤓 Bro, don't go there, tried to wake him up but when the woman rubs his head a little, he discloses all my advice to her.

Haaaaa😳.

I think your bro needs prayers biko...that's premium efo riro in action

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by ComeToJesus: 7:06pm On Mar 11
luminouz:

Haaaaa😳.

I think your bro needs prayers biko...that's premium efo riro in action

😅😅 No be small, my brother..
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:30pm On Mar 11
Genea:
You and the people that liked and shared this are m@d
Hi Genea
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by pansophist(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11
EreluRoz:
So much sense from someone who equate love to money. You first paragraph does it for me but I think it shouldn't be coming from you who preaches bills sharing and smartness in relationship at every given opportunity.

If we are to follow some of your contributions on relationship issues, marriages will never last because that idea of outsmarting each other (your 50:50 ideas on almost everything) will eventually crash it.

You and baiting. You do it subconsciously, or maybe even consciously.

You will drop an accusation, tempting me to defend myself, then use my desire to ''prove myself'' as evidence of my guilt. Lots of ladies use that trick here on Nairaland. So low.

All that you wrote there is not me, but your construction of me, and I tell you, it is false. But don't change your mind please, just keep believing that.

But you must have money before you fraternize with me. I still stand by that. If you don't have money, then don't come close to me otherwise, I will break a bottle on top of your head.

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by virginchaser(m): 6:57am On Mar 12
jeromestarks:
I can NEVER marry a woman who is wealthier than me.
And I will never allow my wife to be richer than me. Never!

Women misuse power. They tend to insult men at the slightest opportunity they get.

Your marriage can not last if your wife has as much money as you.

You are not God and you can't stop his blessings whenever it want to flow.

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by gtassure: 8:37am On Mar 12
bukatyne:

And poor Nigerian women don't get divorced/separated?
They do! It is however different vibe when a wife is richer than her Husband, we see this things everyday! Naija women no dey humble at all when dem get money pass Husband!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.