Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91666 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by purples25(f): 7:51pm On Mar 13
NovusHomo:

I do not like bleaching because it points to deep-seated personality issues for those who do it. Besides, it disgusts me. What do you think?

You answered my questions, now I will answer yours.

I don't bleach.

I believe bleaching makes people attractive to the majority of Nigerians, if not me. I don't like bleaching because of the after effect, but I will never blame those who do.

Lastly, I don't believe you don't like bleaching for the reasons you mentioned. I think you are scared (insecure) of your wife being snatched up by some of the men who value bleached or light skinned women, as light skin is a beauty standard in Nigeria.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by RumDee: 3:28pm On Mar 14
phemray:

After seen all, the man still active with young girls and madam no go gree , that's why another round of issues starting at >=30yrs after. Madam being a popular person no supposed start preaching gospel by now after making money. All eyes on her she shld flex with her hubby. God no wicked.
The last part seems funny but makes a lot of sense. Human beings are different at all stages of life anyways, some just prefer to retire in the house of God
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by NovusHomo(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15
purples25:

You answered my questions, now I will answer yours.

I don't bleach.

I believe bleaching makes people attractive to the majority of Nigerians, if not me. I don't like bleaching because of the after effect, but I will never blame those who do.

Lastly, I don't believe you don't like bleaching for the reasons you mentioned. I think you are scared (insecure) of your wife being snatched up by some of the men who value bleached or light skinned women, as light skin is a beauty standard in Nigeria.

If only you knew. grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 5:47am On Mar 17
YoshihideSuga:

Interesting...

I'm curious, why aren't these histories well documented so that they are easily retrievable for future references? It's bad that to refute mendacious and to an extent defamatory claims by others, we rely on personal anecdotes.

@YoshihideSuga
The histories are documented in magazines and newspapers from the 1970s, 1980s to the 1990s, books such as autobiographies, biographies, and on Websites owned by Mrs. Folorunso Alakija and others.

The FACT is that some creeps deliberately make these defamatory claims based on ethnic bigotry and misogyny which can easily be tracked online.

Second, a simple online search on credible Websites would have unearthed more accurate information on Folorunso Alakija and others, but some younger folks are too lethargic or lazy to do the research, so, the simply go with beer palor stories and false rumors.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 5:58am On Mar 17
delpee:

Thanks for this. I wonder where the false narrative came from. She comes from a wealthy background and was a banker in IMB before she ventured into fashion on a classy level....like Copperfield and Sofisticat of those days. Of course she sewed for the high and mighty. That's how she got to know Maryam.

People forget that oil wells were mostly allocated to men who either sold or abandoned their licences. With her level of exposure, she rose to the occasion and succeeded. She deserves praise not humiliation by anyone. She has remained humble and generous. May God in his infinite mercy heal her. May He guide and strengthen her to weather the storms and live her life in peace.
@delpee,

You're welcome.

Tbh with you, the online and offline FALSE narratives about Mrs. Folorunso Alakija is the creation of the younger generation of misogynistic, ethnic bigots. The digital trail is out there online and this misinformation was started by younger Ibos who had sworn to damage the image of folks of Yoruba descent online and offline as part of their hate speech and propaganda due to the post-Nigerian Civil War victimhood. There are also ethnic-based secessionist and propaganda Websites where these youngsters from the East of Nigeria go to and they read these FAKE stories about a supposed Mrs. Alakija who allegedly slept with IBB and Abacha to get the deep offshore oil wells in the early 1990s. These are all PURE lies regurgitated by creeps and narcissists. Mike Adenuga, Femi Otedola, and a few prominent folks have also been victims of defamation by these creeps just to lower or downplay the good image and successes of these USD multimillionaire and billionaires, while praising their own Ibo kinsmen as being better. Nairaland and other online platforms are littered with these kinds of horrible threads that contain criminally defamatory posts.

The beauty of the Internet is that these criminally defamatory posts can easily be tracked by Internet-savvy people like me using advanced tools.

Mrs. Folorunso Alakija too will have to take ACTION to deal severely with these boys who spread fake information about her and defamed her for years. That would act as a deterant to others when 10 to 20 of them are charged to court. The FBI was able to track the online fraudster, Obinwane Okeke (Invictus Obi) based on the posts he made right here on Nairaland a few years back. So, the Internet is NOT anonymous like some think.

I must commend YOU for mentioning other fashion brands that were popular back from the early 1980s onwards in your post. It was as if you were reading my mind, but I chose NOT to mention the likes of DAKOVA (David Kolawole Vaughan), Latris, Sofisticat, and more because I didn't want my original post on this thread to be too long. It's good to still see many folks like you here on NL who witnessed real-time events back from the 1970s, 1980s till now.

This would help to keep online and offline misinformation by the younger folks in check.

Have an eventful day ahead.

Ciao.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by delpee(f): 3:04pm On Mar 18
Konquest:

@delpee,

You're welcome.

Tbh with you, the online and offline FALSE narratives about Mrs. Folorunso Alakija is the creation of the younger generation of misogynistic, ethnic bigots. The digital trail is out there online and this misinformation was started by younger Ibos who had sworn to damage folks of Yoruba descent online and offline as part of their hate speech and propaganda. There are also ethnic-based propaganda Websites where these youngsters from the East of Nigeria go to and they read these FAKE stories about a supposed Mrs. Alakija sleeping with IBB and Abacha to get the deep offshore wells. They are PURE lies regurgitated by creeps. Mike Adenuga, Femi Otedola, and a few prominent folks have been victims of defamation by these creeps just to lower or downplay the good image and successes of these multimillionaire and billionaires, while praising their own Ibo kinsmen as being better. Nairaland is littered with these horrible threads that contain criminally defamatory posts.

The beauty of the Internet is that these criminally defamatory posts can easily be tracked by Internet-savvy people like me using advance tools.

Mrs. Folorunso Alakija too will have to take ACTION to deal severely with these boys who spread fake information about her and defamed her for years. That would act as a deterant to others when 10 to 20 of them are charged to court. The FBI was able to track the online fraudster, Obinwane Okeke (Invictus Obi) based on the posts he made right here on Nairaland years back. So, the Internet is NOT anonymous like some think.

I must commend YOU for mentioning other fashion brands that were popular back from the early 1980s onwards in your post. It was as if you were reading my mind, but I chose NOT to mention the likes of DAKOVA (David Kolawole Vaughan), Latris, Sofisticat, and more because I didn't want my original post on this thread to be too long. It's good to still see many folks like you who witnessed real-time events back from the 1970s, 1980s till now.

This would help to keep misinformation by the younger folks in check online and offline.

Have an eventful day ahead.

Ciao.

Thanks. The purpose is truly to educate the misinformed as you rightly pointed out. We'll keep doing that so that falsehood doesn't overshadow the truth.

Those who deliberately thrive on lies will eventually entrap themselves. As they sow, so shall they reap.

Have a most blessed week.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Shipping From China To Nigeria / How To Make Money Online Legitimately Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.