Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91393 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Lamanii22(f): 8:22pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad

Jesus Christ you need help tf πŸ₯²
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Mar 10
NaBanga:
It also sounds like he left her in her time of need. According to the article, Folorunsho is unwell and her husband has abandoned her. This is very sad.

True.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yewit37486: 8:23pm On Mar 10
Eunoiaa:

Ohhh, they are blaming her?

Foolish men. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I haven't gone through their comments yet.

But they used to use Folorunsha Alakija as lesson point for young women o. 🀣🀣

I think she also came out one time to say she still even cook for her husband or something despite her being a billionaire.

Dem nor let us hear word for Internet.

And you're absolutely right. Because her staying married was really great for APPEARANCES. And would have continued to be a good PR, but at some point, it just might not be worth it anymore.

I remember! She said she used to wash his undies too, lmaoooooo.

Like, I mean, whyyyy? She literally had no reason saying that or to pander 😭😭. She's Alakija. Even if you want to cosplay virtue, and wife materiality, e really get some kind embarrassing stage...ohh.

Let me go and see what my favourite feminist Ijay waya waya has to say about this.

I was shocked that almost no comment considered the issue could be from the husband with the exception of one or two, they all just started blaming the woman, that it's because she is RICH. That is her offence. Smh.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:24pm On Mar 10
Mindlog:

Once married, both husband and wife can't do as they like as if they are still bachelors and spinsters....they are both in a different phase of life that expects higher accountability to each other.
Still comes down to the issue of complaints and dislikes which you must communicate to your partner if you observe things you don't like. It might not be control or discipline but it is still what you want her or him to stop. The moment they refuse to listen, problems start rearing its ugly head in the marriage
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by fxexperts: 8:26pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad
Ogbeni do not go and work. be there waiting for who will come and spoon feed you. when these people parents were hustling to make money where were your parents. the death you are wishing the rich only shows that you and your generation will die poor.

jaksmillioniar:
That the problem of to marry a woman u cant control I ask who control d money cos she got money can he dicipline her. No. Will she b humble no will she cook for him. No
base on say na animal wen you buy keep for house abi. you should stay far away from some one else daughter, just keep having sex with yourself. soapy is good for you.

BRATISLAVA:
Thought once a woman is wealthy it means she's a good one, or that her husband is a king?
Yes of course he is a king. so no to broke ass bitches.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Rejoice28(f): 8:30pm On Mar 10
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yewit37486: 8:31pm On Mar 10
pansophist:

If the two fools are committed and understand marriage as a duty and sacrifice to the other, then it will last. I doubt if there is love in a polygamous home, but many want it to work, hence it last.

Many times I feel like breaking a bottle of some of my loved ones' heads, they annoy me to by bone marrow, and perhaps, I annoy the hell out of them too.

But if a passerby thinks because I am arguing with my brother, then he can come and interfere, I and my bro will set our beef aside, deal with the passerby wotowoto, then settle our grievances over a bottle of palm wine.

We (I and my bro) are two individuals and are meant to have conflicts, but the conflict will never uproot our love, duty, and sacrifice to each other. The conflict will make us understand our redlines, and try not to cross them anymore.

Marriage should be like that. Fight all you want, but your fight is meaningless if you guys don't learn from each other through that fight. Lots of people don't see marriage as teamwork. They don't see it as suffering.

When they read the ''forever for worse'' in the alter, to them, it's just something they have to do, not a pledge they have to keep. If intending couples understand the power of that pledge, many will be very careful of who they get married to.

I may hire the best assassins in Nigeria to assassinate the president, but they probably won't be successful. But his wife will do it tonight, clean. Also if one marries a person due to the nonsense young people call spec, I pity them.

Ten years more, your so-called spec will add weight, God forbid, get sick and be in a wheelchair, or something worse. Then attraction is gone, and the only thing that will keep you guys is character.

That when you remember two years ago when you were job searching and your wife held it down for you, and other rich men were chasing her then and she resisted the temptation, to show you that she is committed.

Taking care of such a woman in her tough period will be so easy. It's the same thing good parents enjoy. I don't joke with my parents. They are the only people who can ask me for anything (not stupid things obviously) and I will never say no.

And it is simply because their love for me is not in their mouth, it's in their action. They raised me well and didn't scatter my siblings to different oga for apprenticeship.

When my head wanted to turn, they beat nonsense comot from my body. They kept away their differences and made sure they created a stable home for the kids to grow.

Sometimes I wake up at midnight to pee and hear them argue, and the next morning, you will see them laugh and act like no argument happened before.

They created a good, safe, and peaceful home to grow. So tell me, how dare I not treat them well?

If people go into marriage to make it work, then it will work. But if anything, you are already angry and want to exit, then realize that you are getting older, you will laugh or regret your past stubbornness, but what you built will be what will save you.

Sorry, just had to quote you so I can read this again another time.
God bless your parents richly, they did what many parents fail to do these days, i.e. prioritizing the interest of the family/children ahead of their individual differences. Really commendable. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:32pm On Mar 10
wildernessVoice:
I wonder how some people envy the rich.
When I see some people rejoicing over the death of Wigwe and his loved ones, I wonder if there's iota of humanity left in them. Even on this forum, someone rejoicing and wishing Alakija death. No matter how rich you are, you can't touch the life of everybody, particularly large country like ours.
Instead of envy , pray for your own Abrahamic Covenant blessings otherwise you'll forever remain poor.

Rejoicing over Wigwe's death? shocked shocked shocked

Was his death supposed to bring them out of the depth of the entrenched poverty they wallow in?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by phemray(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10
flexyrule:
Wow!

I used to think marriage gets easier to run after "the long run" than it is during the early stage.

Mehn. Even the rich cry!

After seen all, the man still active with young girls and madam no go gree , that's why another round of issues starting at >=30yrs after. Madam being a popular person no supposed start preaching gospel by now after making money. All eyes on her she shld flex with her hubby. God no wicked.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by stephenponti(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10
Fear women.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by macho44(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

You're VILE, Disgusting & Evil.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Genea(f): 8:47pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

You and the people that liked and shared this are m@d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by HayTerran: 8:50pm On Mar 10
DrAda:

Well said
Hi Dr Ada, it's great to have someone of such refined standard on this platform. Hope it's not been embarrassing or been a nuisance to you at any point
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Dopenigga(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

No go hustle your own money. Poor bastard

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by torqque7(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10
Eunoiaa:

Ohhh, they are blaming her?

Foolish men. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I haven't gone through their comments yet.

But they used to use Folorunsha Alakija as lesson point for young women o. 🀣🀣

I think she also came out one time to say she still even cook for her husband or something despite her being a billionaire.

Dem nor let us hear word for Internet.

And you're absolutely right. Because her staying married was really great for APPEARANCES. And would have continued to be a good PR, but at some point, it just might not be worth it anymore.

I remember! She said she used to wash his undies too, lmaoooooo.

Like, I mean, whyyyy? She literally had no reason saying that or to pander 😭😭. She's Alakija. Even if you want to cosplay virtue, and wife materiality, e really get some kind embarrassing stage...ohh.

Let me go and see what my favourite feminist Ijay waya waya has to say about this.

Madam rest,she was a good wife..Oga was the problem,he had always been the problem but she tried her best coping with him,she was just not lucky to have a good husband.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 8:55pm On Mar 10
mariahAngel:

I believe they'll eventually come back together, because they're already so used to each other.

All they just need is some time to cool off.
I agree @mariahAngel.

Moreover Modupe Alakija (A lawyer who is of Abeokuta aristocratic descent and a direct descendant of Sir. Adeyemo Alakija, Q.C, the founder of the highly read and iconic Daily Times newspaper) still lives in his new house in Ikoyi Island not too far away from Folorunso Alakija's mansion.

It's better for couples that are having differences to separate so as to gain a better perspective of the situation, then RESOLVE to fix the challenges after working on themselves, then they can get back together again. Many long-term marriages have experienced separations of 2, 3, 6 months (and even one year) before they came back together with a better understanding of one another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by zinizta: 9:04pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Unfair comment.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by shinealight(m): 9:10pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

You’re a wicked Soul full of hate. Judge not that you may not be judged. May the Lord have Mercy on your Soul. cool cool
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Elxandre(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10
Oshokhai69:

Are you trying to say that Ngozi is richer than her husband? Then you no sabi anything. Or are you saying their marriage has lasted? Again you know nothing. Google is your friend.
Google says Ngozi is still married sha
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by buJu234: 9:19pm On Mar 10
As a man if u love ur future marriage never marry a woman that has potential to be richer than you.

because a man's wealth grow and sustain the family but a woman's wealth destroy marriage.

So be warned b4 u get married.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yad2eidi: 9:21pm On Mar 10
all because of one small boy with big preek like my own
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 9:23pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

This nairaland ehn... You will be worse than this people you you get reach their half
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 9:24pm On Mar 10
Akwamkpuruamu:
Marriage no be anybody mate... Na real hardwork e be.

Wealth alone can't sustain marriage neither poverty. Academic excellence is even the worst to sustain marriage.

Two fools can sustain marriage more than two wise people
If una too wise ... Marriage go break fast.. marriage na for mumu people
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 9:24pm On Mar 10
seanwilliam:
Marriage is the hardest course , ever ..
To keep marriage is far far difficult than making money
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by YoshihideSuga: 9:25pm On Mar 10
okito:
Firstly, they ve been married for 48 years. Secondly, this had been coming a long time. Uncle Mo as the hubby is fondly called has been a big time philanderer as the wife embraced gospel work. So I am not suprised at all. I was just hoping they ll stick this out considering their ages and the seeming longevity of their marriage. I wish them the best

Codedruns babes will be really glad dem don divorce grin grin

Na him type dey make those girls inflate their charges. More akamu to his wrinkled preek grin grin

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by godwon01(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10
What remains again after 30 yrs of marriage. Nigerian elders will intervene.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Fearyourcreator: 9:26pm On Mar 10
flexyrule:
Wow!

I used to think marriage gets easier to run after "the long run" than it is during the early stage.

Mehn. Even the rich cry!
Even Bill Gates collect, Jeff and Elon musk collect ... McKenzie wey dey when everywhere rough for Jeff still comot ... We for say na money she marry ... But no everywhere sha later burst
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Vickygirk(f): 9:30pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

No be them make you no get money.

The heart of men is indeed desperately evil

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 9:32pm On Mar 10
casualobserver:

48 years!

He married her when she was just a hair dresser. Mariam Babangida was one of her clients and that’s how she used her connection to get an oil block.
@CasualObserver,

What you posted is FALSE. Folorunso Alakija was NEVER a hair dresser. I see a lot of younger ones pushing this same false story and mangling history up. Let me explain more here to you and those reading this.

She trained in the UK as a professional secretary, returned to Nigeria from England and worked as a banker at IMB Plaza on Victoria Island, Lagos. She later resigned to take care of her small kids in the early 1980s and proceeded to establish the very famous company Supreme Stitches in Lagos State which was a top fashion design outfit for ready-to-wear clothes and many prominent folks in the society such as Mariam Babangida where her friends. These are facts that I personally witnessed in the 1980s through to the 1990s.

She comes from the wealthy Ogbara family who are indigenes of Ikorodu, Lagos State. Ikorodu is one of the 3 Ijebu LGAs in Lagos State [Ibeju-Lekki LGA and Epe LGA are the other two] and as you might know the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest subgroups among the Yoruba folks and in Nigeria. Her millionaire father even sent Folorunso Alakija and her siblings to school in the UK when she was not even up to 10 years old! So, she took a major risk by bidding for the deep offshore oil well in 1991 with her family members from the Ogbara family and her foreign technical partners and finally found oil in the highly risky deep offshore using FAMFA Oil as a vehicle.

I wrote about this fact just this year when some ethnic bigots and ignorant young ones here on NL (who were obviously NOT born in the 1980s and 1990s) defamatorily wrote that she slept her way with IBB or Abacha to get an oil well which to me is idiotic of these kids and an insult to those of us who knew Mrs. Folorunso Alakija right from the 1980s as a banker, oil mogul, Γ nd when she started the hugely famous Supreme Stitches which was the first in Nigeria to defined bespoke fashion designing and ready to wear for women. This is the reason why she is also the patron of Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN).

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 9:36pm On Mar 10
yewit37486:
Quite sad.
I remember he was banned from Ikoyi club for some time because he assaulted someone, so possibly has anger issues. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. I wish them well.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by mariahAngel(f): 9:37pm On Mar 10
Konquest:

I agree @mariahAngel.

Moreover Modupe Alakija (A lawyer who is of Abeokuta aristocratic descent and a direct descent of Sir. Adeyemo Alakija, Q.C, the founder of the highly read and iconic Daily Times newspaper) still lives in his new house in Ikoyi Island not too far away from Folorunso Alakija's mansion.

It's better for couples that are having differences to separate so as to gain a better perspective of the situation, then RESOLVE to fix the challenges after working on themselves, then they can get back together again. Many long-term marriages have experienced separations of 2, 3, 6 months (and even one year) before they came back together with a better understanding of one another.

I totally agree with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Konquest: 9:39pm On Mar 10
Tripleoluwa:
This baba checked into an hotel around Leeki and met this fine newly recruited receptionist girl that I know. The baba was used to warm reception from staffs and former receptionist any time he checked in.

But this new girl no sabi am. The baba was shocked and mentioned his name. But the name no ring bell as omo aseh wey the babe be na. Na so baba vex say, I go let you know me. He just dash the babe $1k cash. I see the money when this girl brought it home. He still dash am brand new Sony Ericsson phone that time.

I use egbon adugbo collect from the money sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes / What Is A Domiciliary Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.