Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG (10843 Views)

ASUU Appeals Ruling, Says FG Has Declared War / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy / Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by advanceDNA: 8:35am On Mar 11
Junior66:

HND holder from London? Do they offer Hands there? I'm aware an HND is the equivalent of an associate degree in the US, an associate degree is considered lesser than a degree and is a three year course or so. It is just like our own HND is considered lesser than a degree.

From London??

I'm not sure u wanted to quote me... because I'm sure I ddnt say anything like london
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by SoNature(m): 8:46am On Mar 11
Olachase:
Something that we still have a long way to go in this country,
I met one university graduate student that study's Mechanical engineering could you believe that this guy can't differentiate between Bolt and Nut

And later people like that will head a company as head of Engineering embarassed embarassed

It's not entirely the guy's fault. STEM courses are better taught with practical sessions. Students are made to build something as requirement for passing such courses.

As far as I am concerned, Nigeria doesn't have the money to run such courses at this time. Tertiary education is not cheap.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by bewla(m): 8:50am On Mar 11
[quote author=telleyway post=128879858]

National Board for Technical Education NBTE. a body that governs polytechnics . From the name, you can see that if not because of greed, polytechnics are only meant for engineering or technologically driven courses. Management and social science courses were introduced to have more students and get more money.

Again, even in the university, the mode and duration of learning for engineering, health science, and management courses is different{/quote] you dey med oooo
Most you rost the guy like that

And for the sake of simple understanding, how does Btech accounting sounds to you
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by ChengHun(m): 8:56am On Mar 11
Entry requirements for B.Tech is different from that of HND. Some HND holders can't even spell their name correctly

1 Like

Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Olumeme: 9:02am On Mar 11
I don't understand this people. Academias that are supposed to know better are the one causing confusion in the country.

Polytechnics are not degree awarding institutions, they are to train technical expertise. If you want Degree, go to the University.

1 Like

Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Olachase(m): 9:05am On Mar 11
SoNature:

It's not entirely the guy's fault. STEM courses are better taught with practical sessions. Students are made to build something as requirement for passing such courses.

As far as I am concerned, Nigeria doesn't have the money to run such courses at this time. Tertiary education is not cheap.
but the poly that could enlighten the Engineering students the Government were converting it into University cry cry
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by SonOfDSoil01: 9:16am On Mar 11
advanceDNA:
This noise of HND will never end.......Why can't pple just stop going to polytechnics?

How can u pple go to polytechnics and now want ur diploma changed to bachelors degree..........ko proper naaaaaa

. This noise is becoming nauseating.... B.tech?? How does that sound for courses like.... B.tech mass comm, B.tech accounting..??

The government should kukuma cancel all HND programmes ....once u finish OND...go and get ur bachelors or u stop at OND ...
where are the universities that will accommodate them? In case you don’t know, polytechnics have the highest number of students being admitted and graduating every year, go figure!
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by hakeem4(m): 9:22am On Mar 11
Olachase:
I met one university graduate student that study's Mechanical engineering could you believe that this guy can't differentiate between Bolt and Nut

And later people like that will head a company as head of Engineering embarassed embarassed
BIG LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by advanceDNA: 9:25am On Mar 11
SonOfDSoil01:
where are the universities that will accommodate them? In case you don’t know, polytechnics have the highest number of students being admitted and graduating every year, go figure!

Please get context before postinging comment......

I don't give a flying fvck if there are not enough universities to accommodate them... that's not my problem.....they should wait until they get their space in the university if they want a degree....many pple also Wait....some do jamb many times just so they csn get the degree they want

Not they will go to an institution that awards a two year diploma yet be demanding for the degree awarded after 4-5 years stretch in another institution......its outrageous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by skj1377(m): 9:38am On Mar 11
Senate will have to pass a law stating that. Fg does not make laws.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by chrisblack1234: 10:04am On Mar 11
Then the federal technology university will be wat..foolish people always use to rig elections..hnd is HND, btch is btch.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Umuinyioku: 10:07am On Mar 11
LordFaraday:
Replace HND with B.Tech, Rector appeals to FG
By Adeola Badru, Ibadan

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/replace-hnd-with-b-tech-rector-appeals-to-fg/
Supported.

The discrimination is not helping in the growth of the economy.

The discrimination is more in the Public Service. People with forged university degrees have advantage over hardworking and well groomed polytechnic graduates. This is unacceptable.

We had our degrees way back when university system was OK. Unlike now all manners of characters parade university degrees they can't defend.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by 007kjb: 10:21am On Mar 11
jogsman01:
Hmmmm..... E be like say something dey worry that rector. There's a huge difference between an HND holder and a degree holder, including the lecturers sef. They should just tell the rector to sit down and eat the poly cake jejely

Shut up open mouth to talk rubbish
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Layi4real(m): 10:46am On Mar 11
Good day Nairalander,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently a 400L geology student at FUTMINNA, and I am reaching out to humbly request your assistance in finding a placement for my IT training.

I am eager to gain practical experience in my field and would greatly appreciate any leads, recommendations, or opportunities that you may have within your networks. Your support in this endeavor would be valuable to me as I strive to enhance my skills and knowledge.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to any assistance you can provide
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:49am On Mar 11
Amotolongbo:
Since we’ve got the polytechnics rolling out graduatesin Nigeria, what technical skills have they been able to contribute to the development of Nigeria? All they do after graduation is to start seeking for the white collar job like their University counterparts and beefing degree holders at work

You're right oo... Despite their technical studies nothing to show of it...
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:54am On Mar 11
Olachase:

Haaa
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by jogsman01(m): 10:54am On Mar 11
007kjb:

Shut up open mouth to talk rubbish
Pele ooo, Diploma holder. See who wants to be awarded B.Tech and can't even comprehend what I wrote. Please, try and write meaningful content and always recheck your content before posting, so that your likes won't call you a madman.

BTW, I'm an HND and a B.sc holder. I understand how it is in both quarters.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by akaahs(m): 11:07am On Mar 11
adanny01:

The problem is B.tech is being offered by Universities of Technology. We all know the B.tech in a university and B.tech in a polytechnic isn't the same curriculum.

If not for the Nigerian system, polytechnic would have suited me better as I have more personal skills in tech than what I went through in the university. I used to envy those in poly. They are more practical and have extensive laboratories. The curriculum teaches how to do it. Universities teach what is needed to do it.

They should just stop comparing it.

It is better they ask to be upgraded to University of technology than ask HND to be B.tech.
I had the opportunity to attend both. During my poly days we literally go to the lab and field work more than the hours we spent in class. The equipment and tools we had in poly is times 5 of what we had in uni. To be frank, we never use any in the uni.
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by akaahs(m): 11:13am On Mar 11
ChengHun:
Entry requirements for B.Tech is different from that of HND. Some HND holders can't even spell their name correctly
Just like some uni certificate holders, can't make a simple sentence.
Kettle calling pot black
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by cokeryusuf09(m): 11:19am On Mar 11
Junior66:

HND holder from London? Do they offer Hands there? I'm aware an HND is the equivalent of an associate degree in the US, an associate degree is considered lesser than a degree and is a three-year course or so. It is just like our own HND is considered lesser than a degree.
The national diploma is an associate degree
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by akaahs(m): 11:27am On Mar 11
Layi4real:
Good day Nairalander,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently a 400L geology student at FUTMINNA, and I am reaching out to humbly request your assistance in finding a placement for my IT training.

I am eager to gain practical experience in my field and would greatly appreciate any leads, recommendations, or opportunities that you may have within your networks. Your support in this endeavor would be valuable to me as I strive to enhance my skills and knowledge.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to any assistance you can provide
Is either u look for a geology consultant, a construction company with lab e.g Julius berger, Gilmore or u look for bore hole drilling company to submit ur letter
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Blaze232(m): 12:40pm On Mar 11
Enough of all this rubbish. Who told you "polytechnic students are more practically inclined than university student?" I attended a university and I can beat my chest if you're a polytechnic student and you're so inclined in analysis. Please quote me

We also do practicals in the university
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Blaze232(m): 12:42pm On Mar 11
Layi4real:
Good day Nairalander,

Can you be able to work in Abuja?
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Layi4real(m): 12:47pm On Mar 11
Blaze232:

Can you be able to work in Abuja?
Yes sir/ma
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Blaze232(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11
Layi4real:
Yes sir/ma

Send me an email abasiok403@gmail.com with your letter of introduction from your university, photocopy of your ID card and your official application. We offer only Six(6) month plus 35k monthly stipends oo.. you will sort your accomodations yourself
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Layi4real(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11
akaahs:

Is either u look for a geology consultant, a construction company with lab e.g Julius berger, Gilmore or u look for bore hole drilling company to submit ur letter
we are currently in academic session first semester and we are just been given our IT letter days ago. it is quite uneasy to contact those companies while still in school.

1 Like

Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Babinski: 1:57pm On Mar 11
LordFaraday:
By Adeola Badru, Ibadan

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/replace-hnd-with-b-tech-rector-appeals-to-fg/

If you want a Bachelor Degree, go to a University. All these appeals based on dichotomy and sentiments make no academic sense. It is the course content and the institutional context that determines what is awarded. Is the Federal Government expected to water down education and assign certifications based on sentiments?
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by Layi4real(m): 2:09pm On Mar 11
Blaze232:

Send me an email abasiok403@gmail.com with your letter of introduction from your university, photocopy of your ID card and your official application. We offer only Six(6) month plus 35k monthly stipends oo.. you will sort your accomodations yourself
Thank you sir.
please may I know what the company is all about and it location in Abuja so that I can know how to sort my accomodation
Re: Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:12pm On Mar 11
THIS WLD BE resolved this year..HAPPY RAMADAN

Please I also have a vacant position for a very good saloon manager at Lekki Phase one. smart, has good business idea and can manage few staff.Salary is very very good. Send cv via whatsapp..08169827645. I will reply immediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Federal University That Does Accept Second Choice In Nigeria / OAU Holds 45th Convocation (Live Updates) / UNILORIN Wins DOKITA Quiz Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.