Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) (4144 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2018
Good morning nairalanders. I tried searching on google as regards the above question but didn't get any reasonable result.

Please, can i run my masters program in engineering with a bachelors degree in Physics electronics?

1 Like

Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
I'm i in the wrong section? I thought this is the education section..
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
Nawa oh! So na Jambite full this section..
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Ocheinstein(m): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
Wrong conclusions
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by acorntree(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
Davedgr8:
Good morning nairalanders. I tried searching on google as regards the above question but didn't get any reasonable result.

Please, can i run my masters program in engineering with a bachelors degree in Physics electronics?

No you can't. You have to do PGD first before you can do MSC in electrical electronic eng or computer engineering. I don't know much about other engineering field .
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Cakay: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
Davedgr8:

Of course you can. You can apply to universities outside Nigeria and even get scholarships.

Whatsaap: 08102927282
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 12:13am On Jan 15, 2018
Cakay:

Of course you can. You can apply to universities outside Nigeria and even get scholarships.

Whatsaap: 08102927282
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2018
acorntree:

No you can't. You have to do PGD first before you can do MSC in electrical electronic eng or computer engineering. I don't know much about other engineering field .
thanks mate for ur input.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Cakay: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
Davedgr8:
. I quite don't agree. I have a Bsc Physics and Electronics and now a masters in Electrical and Electronics Eng. You can if that I what you want.

Apply to schools outside Nigeria and you can even get tuition reduction or even waiver.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Cakay: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
Davedgr8:
. I quite don't agree. I have a Bsc Physics and Electronics and now a masters in Electrical and Electronics Eng. You can if that is what you want.

Apply to schools outside Nigeria and you can even get tuition reduction or even waiver.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Cakay:
. I quite don't agree. I have a Bsc Physics and Electronics and now a masters in Electrical and Electronics Eng. You can if that is what you want.

thanks man. I quoted ur previous comment to have ur contact handy when the time comes. I'm stl in my finals nd just planning ahead.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by acorntree(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Cakay:

Where did you have your MSC in electrical/ electronic enginering with Bsc Physics / electronic? last post graduate admission for MSC electronic and computer eng. in Lagos state University specified that

ii. M.Sc. Electronic and Computer Engineering [Full-Time and Part-Time]
Candidates seeking admission into M.Sc. Electronic and Computer Engineering must possess the following qualifications:
a. A first Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering.
b. A first Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Computer Science or Mathematics or Physics/Electronics PLUS Postgraduate Diploma in Electronic and Computer Engineering of Lagos State University with a minimum of Upper Credit.
c. HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science PLUS Postgraduate Diploma in Electronic and Computer Engineering of Lagos State University with a minimum of Upper Credit.
Duration: M.Sc [Full-Time] minimum of Three [3] semesters
M.Sc [Part-Time] minimum of Four [4] semesters.

http://www.lasu.edu.ng/2-uncategorised/319-advertisement-for-admission-into-postgraduate-programmes-for-the-2017-2018-academic-session.html

this is admission requirement for Msc Computer eng and electrical/ electronic eng for UNIBEN 2017/18 admission

DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS
ENGINEERING
Programmes Offered
:
(a) Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)in Computer Engineering
(b) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Engineering
(c) M.Eng in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
(d) Ph.D in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Admission Requirements:
(a)
Master of Engineering (M.Eng) in Computer Engineering
(i) B.Eng. in computer engineering, electrical & electronics engineering with a mini
mum of second
class honours (Upper division) from the University of Benin or other recognized institutions of
higher learning.
(ii) PGD in Computer Engineering at credit level pass (i.e. 3.5 on 5.0 scale) or 60% on weighted
percentage average from the University of Benin or other recognized institutions of higher
learning.
(b) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Computer Engineering
:
An applicant for the Ph.D degree must possess an M.Eng with research thesis in M.Eng. in
Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Beni
n or other
recognized institutions of higher learning.

Admission Requirements:
M.Eng
:
The following shall be eligible to seek admission into the programme:
1. Holders of B.Eng degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with First or Second
Class Honours of the University of Benin
2. Holders of degrees equivalent to (1) from other recognized Universities
3. Holders of the Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the
University of Benin
4. Persons having any other qualifications which together with relevant experience deeme
d to be
equivalent by the Faculty of Engineering Board of Studies and approved by Senate of the
University of Benin.

https://www.myschoolgist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/UNIBEN-Postgraduate-admission.pdf

1 Like

Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Cakay: 11:22am On Jan 19, 2018
I did my bachelor in Physics and Electronics in Nigeria, MSc Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Eastern Mediterranean University, North Cyprus

acorntree:

Where did you have your MSC in electrical/ electronic enginering with Bsc Physics / electronic? last post graduate admission for MSC electronic and computer eng. in Lagos state University specified that

http://www.lasu.edu.ng/2-uncategorised/319-advertisement-for-admission-into-postgraduate-programmes-for-the-2017-2018-academic-session.html

this is admission requirement for Msc Computer eng and electrical/ electronic eng for UNIBEN 2017/18 admission

https://www.myschoolgist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/UNIBEN-Postgraduate-admission.pdf
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by festus1994: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2018
Where did you do your bachelor's in PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS? I want to study that course
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
festus1994:
Where did you do your bachelor's in PHYSICS WITH ELECTRONICS? I want to study that course
Sorry bro, jus saw your post.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by striker07(m): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2018
Davedgr8:

try systems engineering at UNILAG
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Davedgr8(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
striker07:
try systems engineering at UNILAG
Alright bro. Thanks.
Re: Can I Run My Masters In Engineering With A Degree In Physics Electronics(B.Tech) by Nachi1287: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
What course can I study with physics education degree at masters level

Can I major in physics In master level? If yes can i major in any of the branches of physics? Which one

Or I can only continue with physics education even in masters level

Can I study engineering with physics education degree as well?

Pls your opinions are needed

(1) (Reply)

A Warning To Igbo University Students, Don’t Join any Protest / • College Of Education, Warri Application FORM 2015/2016 Is On APPLY HERE! / My Neighbor Is A Brostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.