Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity (9459 Views)

Health Professionals Urged To Call Vaginas 'bonus Holes' ( Pics) / Artificially Sweetened Drinks Increase Risk Of Stroke And Dementia / Sugar-sweetened Beverages Tax In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by magoo10(m): 9:08am On Mar 11
Lol some people and sugar na 5 and 6
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Dafresh: 9:08am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Having diabetes is a nice way of making things very hard for a Nigerian.
So APC love Nigerians?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:10am On Mar 11
Dafresh:

So APC love Nigerians?

DO you really want to have diabetes, obesity, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, kidney disease, liver disease, nerve disease, stroke, etc...

All the above are complications of a lot of soft drinks....

Best to drink water, its cheaper and it works.

I'm trying to get rid of soft drinks from my life too.

Forget politics...

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by jayworld15(m): 9:10am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

It's because you have never had to see your loved one die slowly from diabetes brought about by a lifetime of bad eating habits, including a lot of soft drinks.

I have. It's not funny.

Diabetes and Obesity are they the same?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Nicepoker(m): 9:10am On Mar 11
They will never look at the economic perspective.
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:11am On Mar 11
jayworld15:

Diabetes and Obesity are they the same?

Obesity can predispose you to diabetes and a host of things.

But you don't have to listen to me. Just keep on drinking. Them medics and pharmacists will be there for you...

cheesy
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Donchieli: 9:11am On Mar 11
Instead of to instill strict laws on the companyto produce drinks dat comform to our health standards

This imbeciles want to stress the poor masses
So as to amass more wealth and make it look like de ar fighting for us and care about us

Na u choke me for neck, still de run around de find oxygen for me to breath artificial air, wen b say once u commot ur hand, am ok

NLCreator:

https://gazettengr.com/fg-urged-to-introduce-higher-taxes-on-sugar-sweetened-drinks-to-reduce-obesity/

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by jayworld15(m): 9:11am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

It's because you have never had to see your loved one die slowly from diabetes brought about by a lifetime of bad eating habits, including a lot of soft drinks.

I have. It's not funny.

Your loved one that died, was he obese due to sweetened drinks?

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by specialmati(m): 9:12am On Mar 11
bareal:

Diabetes and obesity aren't same bro
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you want to educate an agbero continue

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:13am On Mar 11
jayworld15:

Your loved one that died, was he obese due to sweetened drinks?

Yes, yes and yes.

If you like, decieve yourself. I decieved myself too, like you till it caught up with me

Anyway, you don't have to listen to me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Trenow: 9:13am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

I have. It's not funny.
the majority cause of diabetes is not related to drinking soft drinks, but the too much stash and carbohydrates we consume from our food rice cassava, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:13am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:
Makes sense to me.

it taxes it will make sense to you. the question you have always shied away from answering is what has been done will all the previous taxes?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by BluntCrazeMan: 9:13am On Mar 11
Increase TAX in order to reduce Obesity??

I'm yet to understand this psychology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:14am On Mar 11
Trenow:
the majority cause of diabetes is not related to drinking soft drinks, but the too much stash and carbohydrates we consume from our food rice cassava, etc

Unfortunately, soft drinks contain a lot of....refined sugars which is a....carbohydrate. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by RightChannel: 9:14am On Mar 11
Coke and others should go for 1k per bottle
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by cooljude(m): 9:15am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:
Makes sense to me.

Doesn't make sense because the price will be pushed to consumers and you're killing the industry if they have low patronage.

Nigerians are not obese , maybe they are taking their statistics from the very few 1 percent of the elite. 3 square meal na luxury, how we want take dey Fat.
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Boogeraids: 9:15am On Mar 11
The devil never tells you directly they plan for you to suffer, Instead they come bearing gifts.
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:15am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

it taxes it will make sense to you. the question you have always shied away from answering is what has been done will all the previous taxes?

Drink your coke, and fanta, and enjoy yourself, oga lexy2014. And enjoy the benefits of bad choices in your health, because you allow politics to rob you of common sense.

As for me, if it is OBi, tinubu or atiku or anyone else saying they would do this, I will support it.

Soft drinks is not healthy. Period. Cry about it. cheesy
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Ulogwe1: 9:15am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

DO you really want to have diabetes, obesity, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, kidney disease, liver disease, nerve disease, stroke, etc...

Forget politics...

For you to think that, it's only coke and fanta or only sweet drinks causes diabetes amazed me.

Have you ever seen a beer addict or a chronic ethanol drinkers?

These are just excuses. What concerns obesity with someone that is famished?

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:16am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Obesity can cause a whole lot of health problems, which can be very very harsh on one's wallet.

are Nigerians obese?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by bigman001(m): 9:16am On Mar 11
NLCreator:

https://gazettengr.com/fg-urged-to-introduce-higher-taxes-on-sugar-sweetened-drinks-to-reduce-obesity/

That is what Emilokan is very good at , raising taxes on everything possible and making life unbearable for the masses. Anyways nothing is even permanent , waiting for when the administration will put tax on the air we breath...
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:17am On Mar 11
Ulogwe1:

For you to think that, it's only coke and fanta or only sweet drinks causes diabetes amazed me.

Have you ever seen a beer addict or a chronic ethanol drinkers?

Soft drinks are one of the causes....in addition to alcohol as well.

But then, you don';t have to listen to me. I am not your master. Drink your coke....it's your right. cheesy
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:17am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

are Nigerians obese?

Lexy, if you want to be blind, remain blind. cheesy
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by frog12: 9:17am On Mar 11
nigerians are not really obese. they are looking at school children

123456789O:

They are just looking for excuse to make things harder for Nigerians
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:17am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Drink your coke, and fanta, and enjoy yourself, oga lexy2014. And enjoy the benefits of bad choices in your health, because you allow politics to rob you of common sense.

As for me, if it is OBi, tinubu or atiku or anyone else saying they would do this, I will support it.

Soft drinks is not healthy. Period. Cry about it. cheesy

but since politics has not robbed you of your commonsense, how come that all this while you cant answer a simple question....what has been done with all the previous taxes that have been collected under different guises?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Dafresh: 9:18am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Forget politics...
So APC could not make Fuel cheap, the economy is decaying, no security and they are here with mumu propaganda of stopping diabetes, and hypertension do you know how many people that have died due to APC evil policies
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:18am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

Lexy, if you want to be blind, remain blind. cheesy

are Nigerians obese? simple yes or no
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Mar 11
Another copy and paste western policy.
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:19am On Mar 11
frog12:
nigerians are not really obese. they are looking at school children

which school children?

is it coke that will make school children obese or is it not the same coke that the nigerians that you say are not obese drank when they were children?
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:19am On Mar 11
Dafresh:

So APC could not make Fuel cheap, the economy is decaying, no security and they are here with mumu propaganda of stopping diabetes, and hypertension do you know how many people that have died due to APC evil policies

OKay, drink your coke, let's bring down APC! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by nairalanda1(m): 9:21am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

but since politics has not robbed you of your commonsense, how come that all this while you cant answer a simple question....what has been done with all the previous taxes that have been collected under different guises?

In a meta-analysis of 88 studies, we examined the association between soft drink consumption and nutrition and health outcomes. We found clear associations of soft drink intake with increased energy intake and body weight. Soft drink intake also was associated with lower intakes of milk, calcium, and other nutrients and with an increased risk of several medical problems (e.g., diabetes)

.Vartanian LR, Schwartz MB, Brownell KD. Effects of soft drink consumption on nutrition and health: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Public Health. 2007 Apr;97(4):667-75. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2005.083782. Epub 2007 Feb 28. PMID: 17329656; PMCID: PMC1829363.
Re: FG Urged To Introduce Higher Taxes On Sugar-Sweetened Drinks To Reduce Obesity by lexy2014: 9:21am On Mar 11
nairalanda1:

In a meta-analysis of 88 studies, we examined the association between soft drink consumption and nutrition and health outcomes. We found clear associations of soft drink intake with increased energy intake and body weight. Soft drink intake also was associated with lower intakes of milk, calcium, and other nutrients and with an increased risk of several medical problems (e.g., diabetes)

.Vartanian LR, Schwartz MB, Brownell KD. Effects of soft drink consumption on nutrition and health: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Public Health. 2007 Apr;97(4):667-75. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2005.083782. Epub 2007 Feb 28. PMID: 17329656; PMCID: PMC1829363.

off point.

since politics has not robbed you of your commonsense, how come that all this while you cant answer a simple question....what has been done with all the previous taxes that have been collected under different guises?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Foods That Increase Sperm Count • / COVID-19: Over 118,000 Cases In Africa, 48,000 Recoveries & 3,500 Deaths / Lagos Shuts 80 Substandard Clinics, Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.