Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension (17227 Views)

I Was Misquoted For Eight Years – Femi Adesina / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by emkz: 4:12pm On Mar 11
Senator Abdul Ningi, who represents Bauchi Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, has made a U-turn regarding some claims he made regarding the 2024 Appropriation Act.
In a chat with Senate correspondents on Monday, the Chairman of the Northern Senators’ Forum said he is ready to carry his cross, even if it means suspension from the Red Chamber.

Ningi clarified that he never suggested that President Bola Tinubu is implementing two budgets or that he was biased against the North.

He clarified that he stands by his utterance as a Senator and not the Chairman of the Northern Senators' Forum, that it has been established beyond doubt that N25trn was rightly allocated in the budget, citing three parameters (money, project and location) but cannot ascertain the project location for the other N3trn.

Charged with criminal misinformation?

Meanwhile, a lawmaker from Ondo South Senatorial District, Jimoh Ibrahim, has asked the Federal Government to charge Senator Ningi to court for criminal misinformation and breach of peace in the National Assembly and the country by extension.

The Presidency had on Sunday described as false, a claim by Senator Ningi that the Federal Government is operating two versions of the 2024 budget.

According to a statement by a Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, the senator’s claim that the National Assembly passed N25 trillion as the 2024 Budget is false, adding that N28.7 trillion was passed and signed into law by President Bola Tinubu.

The Presidency also described as "far-fetched and unbecoming of a leader of his status", the claim by Senator Ningi, who represents Bauchi Central Senatorial District, that the 2024 Budget was anti-north.

Onanuga said the President is leading a government that is fair and equitable to every part and segment of Nigeria. He added that in terms of funding, distribution of capital and priority projects, the 2024 Appropriation Act was not skewed against any section of the country.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/03/11/i-was-misquoted-on-2024-budget-im-ready-for-suspension-ningi/

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by emkz: 4:13pm On Mar 11
Why did Ningi lie in the first place?

It must also be mentioned that the lie Abdul Ningi told is what motivated Peter Obi to attack the government for operating a budget different from what was passed.

emkz:
Mr Peter Obi's indecorousity and disingenuity is becoming disturbing almost to the point of mental incapacitating.

We were all here when Tinubu presented a 27.5 trillion naira budget to NASS which was well covered by print and broadcast media.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/breaking-tinubu-arrives-nass-to-present-27-5-trillion-2024-appropriation-bill/

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/29/tinubu-presents-n27-5-trillion-2024-budget-to-nass-targets-n18-32-trillion-revenue-growth/

In the recent past, Tinubu has been receiving some heat from some northern senators like Senators Ali Ndume (APC Borno South), Suleiman Abdurrahaman also known as Kawu Sumaila (NNPP Kano South) and now Abdul Ningi (PDP, Bauchi Central). Their refrain is that Tinubu was running a government that was anti-north and was running a budget that was not in favour of the north. Some of them have started threatening Tinubu over 2027.

We were later to find out that the real grouse was the loss of control, for example, the relocation of some CBN departments and FAAN headquarters to Lagos. It was discovered that Senator Ali Ndume's daughter and son inlaw worked in the CBN!

Now, their argument was that the budget did not favour the north. Till date, they have not explained to us how the budget is skewed against the north. Note that the budget was passed by ALL senators. So where were Senators Kawu Sumaila and Abdul Ningi when the budget was passed that it took them two months to complain?

In the light of running down Tinubu, some of these northern senators take to BBC Hausa service to mislead their people. Senator Abdul Ningi shot himself in the foot when he alleged that Tinubu presented a 25 trillion naira budget, which was not the case.

On the basis of this evil allegation, Peter Obi latched on to release his volleys of Twitter rant to attempt to undermine the President of the country.

Bayo Onanuga's statement was a clear 5 hour difference which would have given Peter Obi sufficient time to avail himself of the true state of things before releasing what is a completely needless Twitter rant.

It exposes one thing: Peter Obi doesn't read. He swims in the mob mentality of attacking without making efforts to understand and exposes himself as a dangerous fellow to be voted to run the country.

Many will insult me and attack me for calling out their messiah. The insane ones would accuse me of being paid. Here is the big issue we face with Peter Obi and his cult: the worst fate that can befall a country is leaving it in the hands of ignorant and deluded folks who don't read before jumping to attack. By attacking, they reveal their flaws.

Peter Obi is unfit to lead Nigeria, and until he develops the mental acuity to criticize constructively, it would be a complete anathema to let him lead a country like Nigeria.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Frigga13: 4:16pm On Mar 11
Yoruba mana nd his fake headline

Senator says he stand by his statement ... and has repeated same .. even if he was to suspended

Now a Yoruba man .. has changed it to Senator lied and foolishly asking why he lied

Meanwhile another Yoruba Senator is asking the Yoruba President to charge the man to court for saying the truth and standing on it

You see how this people unleash propaganda like say Nigerians are daft

Tueh

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Ance4Liverpool: 4:18pm On Mar 11
He has been tratened thats why he has started changing mouth, i pray nothing happens to him

5 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Naira20: 4:21pm On Mar 11
Dem don show am him dossier.

This is one of the reasons I respect Peter Obi.
Tinubu and his men searched everywhere but couldn't find anything incriminating about him.

Bago wanted to famz with Obi, they threatened him with his sordid past, oga quickly ran to shamelessly beg for his life.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by esnbrutality: 4:25pm On Mar 11
Worthless Propaganda to counter what actually transpired

You can't change the tangent of the discussion.

The man stands gidigba on what he said and your foolish edited Propaganda should be deleted.

Nonsense grin

26 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by favor914: 4:29pm On Mar 11
emkz:
Ask Racoon.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Splashme: 4:33pm On Mar 11
emkz:

Nothing has changed Sir.
The Senator is even ready for suspension.

He maintains that the extra 3 Trillion was padded and that their expenditures cannot be traced

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Frigga13: 4:33pm On Mar 11
Ance4Liverpool:
He has been tratened thats why he has started changing mouth, i pray nothing happens to him

Senator has not changed mouth.. he’s standing on his words

Read that again

.. he stands on it even if na suspensions

3 trillion and a Yoruba youth is here trying to change narratives ..

While the Yoruba states breeds hunger and poverty

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by SeeWahala: 4:36pm On Mar 11
Agbad0rians want to change the narrative 😆

That's why they brought out propaganda of Peter obi buying 1000 suvs from America hahaha grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Frigga13: 4:37pm On Mar 11
Splashme:

Nothing has changed Sir.
He maintained that the extra 3 Trillion was padded

Thank you my brother

But you see how Yoruba wan take change narratives of the man.. just in our very before

They always change narratives as fast as possible

Thank Gid the era of print media is almost gone

They dealt with igbos .. using print media ... now is coming back

Why must the op lie?

That’s the question

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by SeeWahala: 4:37pm On Mar 11
emkz:

YOU are the liar here and not that senator nengi tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Fkmodhi: 4:39pm On Mar 11
I hope Peter OBI will also delete his No sense tweet

8 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by emkz: 4:45pm On Mar 11
Frigga13:

Yoruba man ..
Can you pointedly show is where he lied ...

Haba !!

Why are Yoruba people like this .. even before our very reading you a yoruba is lying that the senator lied

Haba mana

Nigerians are how this people are ...

I am not a Yoruba man. I have no affiliation to Yoruba. But you wouldn't know this because your tribalism has blinded you.

In a BBC Hausa interview, Senator Abdul Ningi alleged that the Senate passed 25 trillion naira but Tinubu is operating a 28.7 trillion naira budget.
SENATOR representing Bauchi Central and Chairman, Northern Senators Forum, Senator Abdul Ningi, has alleged that the 2024 Budget passed by the Red Chamber was inflated.

Senator Ningi made the allegation while speaking with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service at the weekend.

The Peoples Democratic Party lawmaker declared that what was passed on the floor of the Senate was N25 Trillion, not N28 Trillion.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/?p=840898

Three Senators also disagreed with Ningi's claims and he risked suspension for lying.
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/10/three-senators-disagree-with-ningis-2014-budget-padding-allegations/

If you want to know if Ningi lied, do a Google search yourself on how much was presented by Tinubu, how much was passed by NASS and how much was signed into law.

Ningi backtracked, by still claiming that he meant that 25 trillion naira could be traced to projects, while 3.7 trillion naira cannot be traced to projects. He also claimed he never said Tinubu is anti-North.

It seems you despise Tinubu, but don't despise yourself to the point that Senator Abdul Ningi is making your education questionable by lying to your face and you are praising him for calling you a fool.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Jogs1900: 4:47pm On Mar 11
Frigga13:

Thank you my brother

But you see how Yoruba wan take change narratives of the man.. just in our very before
They always change narratives as fast as possible

Thank Gid the era of print media is almost gone
They dealt with igbos .. using print media ... now is coming back
Why must the op lie?
That’s the question
Who lied between the presidency and the senator..Everything is not about politics.
Lets be reasonable please.The whole senate sat and approved the budget..Where was he when the budget was being deliberated upon?Abi the cable na Yoruba media too.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:52pm On Mar 11
I no talk am but I talk am grin

2 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by FreeStuffsNG: 4:55pm On Mar 11
emkz:
Senator Abdul Ningi, who represents Bauchi Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, has made a U-turn regarding some claims he made regarding the 2024 Appropriation Act.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/03/11/i-was-misquoted-on-2024-budget-im-ready-for-suspension-ningi/
Nlfpmod
Some people are just reckless. This is not different from the Senator, Senator Bulchwaka, who was asked to give his valedictory speech for few minutes and he ended up scandalising his wife, a retired Appeal Court Judge, as the one who helps him win court cases.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Frigga13: 4:58pm On Mar 11
emkz:

I am not a Yoruba man. I have no affiliation to Yoruba. But you wouldn't know this because your tribalism has blinded you.

In a BBC Hausa interview, Senator Abdul Ningi alleged that the Senate passed 25 trillion naira but Tinubu is operating a 28.7 trillion naira budget.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/?p=840898

Three Senators also disagreed with Ningi's claims and he risked suspension for lying.
https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/10/three-senators-disagree-with-ningis-2014-budget-padding-allegations/

If you want to know if Ningi lied, do a Google search yourself on how much was presented by Tinubu, how much was passed by NASS and how much was signed into law.

Ningi backtracked, by still claiming that he meant that 25 trillion naira could be traced to projects, while 3.7 trillion naira cannot be traced to projects. He also claimed he never said Tinubu is anti-North.

It seems you despise Tinubu, but don't despise yourself to the point that Senator Abdul Ningi is making your education questionable.by lying to your face and you are praising him for calling you a fool.

Senators stands by his word.. that the budget is padded to an extra 3 trillion ..

And he senators has not withdrawn that statement .. even going by your post

I hear Hausa and listen to BBC to well

Am not your regular Yoruba being

Why then are you lying

From the very first day he made that assertion .. we heard him and he has explain it plenty times

Senator is not afraid of jimoh the Yoruba Senator not Akpabio the Yoruba gods dog

And he said it .. he stands by his word And ready for suspension

Are you daft?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Max24: 5:14pm On Mar 11
Obidients in the mud again as their immergency witness recounted. Ningi and others will end up using the head of hate-filled Obi supporters.

9 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Ttalk: 5:23pm On Mar 11
Frigga13:

Senators stands by his word.. that the budget is padded to an extra 3 trillion ..

And he senators has not withdrawn that statement .. even going by your post

I hear Hausa and listen to BBC to well

Am not your regular Yoruba being

Why then are you lying

From the very first day he made that assertion .. we heard him and he has explain it plenty times

Senator is not afraid of jimoh the Yoruba Senator not Akpabio the Yoruba gods dog

And he said it .. he stands by his word And ready for suspension

Are you daft?

You will soon be disgraced again when the Senate suspends Abdul Ningi.

You can't separate your Politics from failure

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by BigYash: 5:25pm On Mar 11
APC wan use this one as scapegoat .
You don't say the truth in this government ,or was he not informed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by PlsBanMe: 5:56pm On Mar 11
If Senator Ningi is to be suspended, the senate president Akpabio must also be suspended. Akpabio had earlier lied that state governors were collecting billions from FG which is untrue.

The present senate seem as a house of liars. 😂
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by richard870(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11
This man has been threatened
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by yemmight(m): 6:08pm On Mar 11
Thieves them. Na only budget they only waiting to share and after that, nothing to contribute.
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by MrBachelor: 6:11pm On Mar 11
cheesy
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Beverlyjean(f): 6:11pm On Mar 11
They have threatened him
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by emkz: 6:11pm On Mar 11
Jogs1900:

Who lied between the presidency and the senator..Everything is not about politics.
Lets be reasonable please.The whole senate sat and approved the budget..Where was he when the budget was being deliberated upon?Abi the cable na Yoruba media too.

Against stupidity, even the very gods themselves labour in vain --Fredrich Schiller. These people are filled with hate. That hate makes them incorrigible that even if you present incontrovertible facts, they'd start insulting you.

The Northern Senators Caucus of which Ningi is chairman have disowned him and dissociated themselves from his evil comments.

11 Likes

Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by Mopolchi: 6:12pm On Mar 11
Na una way, lie lie full una brains
Re: Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension by StOla: 6:14pm On Mar 11
This guy is a fool, but what is more foolish are those who suppressed their commonsense and believed the rubbish he was saying.

This was a post I made to describe the situation.

StOla:

If the Executive never submitted a budget of N25T and the National Assembly never passed a budget of N25T, and the President never signed into law a budget of N25T, then where did Senator Ningi get his own information from?

Is he living in a different reality than what has already happened and was duly documented and reported by both foreign and local media?

What the confused Senator is saying is akin to making a claim that it was Atiku that was President of Nigeria from 2015 to 2023.

An event that we all witnessed and for which every available record shows otherwise.

This might be the onset of dementia.

The Senator has dementia and he is a waste to his constituency.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Confirms Stephen Ocheni And Suleiman Hassan As Ministers / 2019 ELECTIONS: Saraki, Dogara’s Supporters Consider ADC / “too Much Blood On Buhari’s Hands,” Sheikh Gumi Cries As He Calls For His Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.