Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? (396 Views)

Feminism And Nigerian Relationships / American Lady Plays Hard-to-get With Nigerian Guy, Learns The Hard Way / 15 Memes That Depict Most Nigerian Relationships (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by Geovanni412(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11
The general rule in life is this

If you fail in your duty, you should be punished

If a man's best offer to a woman is his ability to protect and provide for his family

What happens when he can no longer protect or provide for his family?

What happens when the breadwinner has a terminal disease or loses his job?

The suggestion from the premise that a man's best offer to a woman is his ability to provide and protect for his family is that such a man has failed in his duty

And if such a man has failed in his duty, doesn't that justify a woman to look for a more suitable man?

This, to me, is the problem with the statement that a man's duty is to protect and provide for his family.
Re: The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by Geovanni412(m): 6:05pm On Mar 11
Geovanni412:

If a man's duty is to protect and provide for his family

The suggestion from the premise that a man's duty or best offer to a woman is his ability to provide and protect for his family is that such a man has failed in his duty

And if such a man has failed in his duty, doesn't that justify a woman to look for a more suitable man?

This, to me, is the problem with the statement that a man's duty is to protect and provide for his family.

A man whose confidence in marrying his wife is based off his ability to protect and provide for her will lose his wife

He will lose her once she realizes she doesn't need his protection

He will lose her once she realizes she can earn more than him

This is why most men in marriages abroad always complain that their wife changed once she came to UK or USA.

5 Likes

Re: The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by Geovanni412(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11
Geovanni412:

A man whose confidence in marrying his wife is based off his ability to protect and provide for her will lose his wife

He will lose her once she realizes she doesn't need his protection

He will lose her once she realizes she can earn more than him

This is why most men in marriages abroad always complain that their wife changed once she came to UK or USA.

Marriage should be based on shared values and interests.

Money is good but a foundation built on money rather than God or genuine love for each other is simply building on a faulty foundation.

One serious ailment is enough to wipe away a man's savings.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by DaddyRochie1642: 6:19pm On Mar 11
You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11
Geovanni412:

it all depends on what duties you are talking about. its a man's duty to educate his children, but if you are broke and cant afford it then your kids stay at home until you can afford to send them to school. there are NO punishments here.

If a man's best offer to a woman is his ability to protect and provide for his family
The suggestion from the premise that a man's best offer to a woman is his ability to provide and protect for his family is that such a man has failed in his duty

sadly the above solely depends on WHERE YOU LIVE.... in the real world, the above is not true, as nobody marries any longer with such state of mind.... but in Africa where you often pay bride price and men can marry as many wives as they desire, YES if you fail in your duties, then that woman should get lost, if she can... because the reality in Africa is that, if that woman cant provide an heir, she will quickly be dismissed, so an eye for an eye.

Geovanni412:
Marriage should be based on shared values and interests.
Money is good but a foundation built on money rather than God or genuine love for each other is simply building on a faulty foundation.
One serious ailment is enough to wipe away a man's savings.
A word is enough for the wise.

marriage should be based on whatever each and everyone desire for their own life. some women want to get married and still be hardworking independent individuals while other women wanna stay home and become expert in telenovelas and Telemundo. who are we to decide/impose whats best for 2 mature people? who are we to believe that there is only ONE WAY that works (because thats what works "for you" ) ?

here is something very important:
A) many people out there dont believe in god and have fantastic marriages;
B) many people out there believe in a "different" god and have fantastic marriages;
C) a man's saving/money is irrelevant to a good marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Nigerian Relationships? by Geovanni412(m): 7:03am On Mar 12
MrBrownJay1:

it all depends on what duties you are talking about. its a man's duty to educate his children, but if you are broke and cant afford it then your kids stay at home until you can afford to send them to school. there are NO punishments here.

sadly the above solely depends on WHERE YOU LIVE.... in the real world, the above is not true, as nobody marries any longer with such state of mind.... but in Africa where you often pay bride price and men can marry as many wives as they desire, YES if you fail in your duties, then that woman should get lost, if she can... because the reality in Africa is that, if that woman cant provide an heir, she will quickly be dismissed, so an eye for an eye.

marriage should be based on whatever each and everyone desire for their own life. some women want to get married and still be hardworking independent individuals while other women wanna stay home and become expert in telenovelas and Telemundo. who are we to decide/impose whats best for 2 mature people? who are we to believe that there is only ONE WAY that works (because thats what works "for you" ) ?

here is something very important:
A) many people out there dont believe in god and have fantastic marriages;
B) many people out there believe in a "different" god and have fantastic marriages;
C) a man's saving/money is irrelevant to a good marriage.

I understand that many people don't believe in God which is why I also mentioned that marriage should be based on the love that both parties have for each other.

Reread my earlier post.

In terms of kids, the earlier post is not directed towards that scenario but rather at correcting the misaligned mindset folks have towards relationships in general especially in Africa.

You hear it in the redpilled comments on nairaland. If I have money, I can carry as many girls as I want.

Whilst that might be true, no one ever addresses the question, what happens when the money finishes?

@Mrbrownjay1, are you the guy with the YouTube channel that posted one drama series about a female that reads men's minds?

(1) (Reply)

I Need $30 Million. What Deals Can I Do? / Why Your Lunar Zodiac Sign Matters / Why Do We Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.