Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa (19122 Views)

Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Benue Impounds 376 Cows, Arrests 6 Herdsmen For Flouting Grazing Law / Masquerades Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11
A Nigerian Army patrol team enforcing the 10: 0p pm to 6:00 am curfew in Nassarawa Eggon, Nasarawa State, has allegedly beaten a mentally-unstable resident, Gabriel Bafu, to death for violating the order.

The incident, which occurred on Sunday night, has sparked outrage among residents of the area.

DAILY POST learnt that the deceased had violated the curfew order imposed by the council authority months ago as part of measures to tackle the lingering insecurity in the area.

According to a family source, the patrol team beat Gabriel Bafu to a state of unconsciousness and later dumped him at the entrance of his family residence, where he passed away.

The family source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, expressed shock and disbelief over the incident, describing it as a brutal act of violence.

The family has since deposited the corpse of the deceased at the mortuary, and the matter has been reported to the appropriate security agencies for further investigation.

When contacted, CSP Haruna Abdulmalik, the DPO Nassarawa Eggon, who confirmed the incident, told DAILY POST to contact the PPRO for more details, stating also that the Army should be in a better place to respond.

Contacted by DAILY POST, DSP Ramhan Nansel, Nasarawa State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, simply said. “Please contact the military spokesperson”.

As of the time of filing this report, the Army could not be reached for comments on the issue.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/11/soldiers-beat-man-to-death-for-flouting-curfew-order-in-nasarawa/

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11
Nasarawa, I don stay for years, This Is So Sad.

14 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by NoSmoking: 9:32pm On Mar 11
😳

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11
NoSmoking:
😳

We Are Always Active 24/7 To Serve You, Boss
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by AmakaTips2: 9:39pm On Mar 11
All this soldiers wey no dey hear go and come

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by slaawomirr: 9:39pm On Mar 11
Damnnn niggar

Our soldiers go just dey show muscle for street

For abroad you hardly see their soldiers for street not to talk of misbehaving

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11
But dey can't locate bandit

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Davidic1999: 9:40pm On Mar 11
Wetin mentally unstable sef dey find up and down shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Brendaniel: 9:41pm On Mar 11
Soldiers that are supposed to be protecting the citizens are doing otherwise....

May his soul rest in peace and condolences to the bereaved

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Atheistan: 9:41pm On Mar 11
Hmmm
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by BodyCount: 9:41pm On Mar 11
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by ThefemaleKing: 9:41pm On Mar 11
Enough of these bad news sad
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Hafeexla(m): 9:42pm On Mar 11
Your environment is not safe and then you place under curfew yet you have the audacity to flout curfew. You have a family member who is mentally retarded, yet you allow him roam about the street.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by BodyCount: 9:42pm On Mar 11
grin
Davidic1999:
I can say affirmatively that the mentally challenged man have sense more than you.

Ho low ree buu ruu ku

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by 2shure: 9:42pm On Mar 11
I can't forget the day, a soldier slapped me.it was the first time I could not react cos I was weak,drunk and tired. But since then I always carry a bronco knife hidden inside my stocking.ready to stab any mofocka in uniform. I dont hate the npf,but u see naija soldiers especially the one dat use bikes,both imposters and real.i have sworn to end dis lives if they cross my path again.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by free2ryhme: 9:43pm On Mar 11
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by SeeWahala: 9:43pm On Mar 11
Okay, this is bad for the army to do.

But if the victim actually voted for tilumbu last year then it's a just punishment cool

Well done

PS: we all know the people they said will be the amount of people in 9ja with mental illnesses after the presidential polls last year
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by erniok(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11
The family owes the mentally deranged man a duty to keep him safe. Not exonerating the soldiers but north is a hotbed of terrorism and soldiers also look out for their safety.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by oluwaseyi0: 9:43pm On Mar 11
Mentally unstable civilian
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by TANID(m): 9:44pm On Mar 11
Hmmm
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Sonofgod1990(m): 9:47pm On Mar 11
kai.rip my guy dis was my area guy when i was in nasarawa eggon back in d days.. Rest on bro
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by wizelink(m): 9:47pm On Mar 11
Very sad ending for a mentally unstable man. But the army must be held accountable
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11
Davidic1999:
so cuz he is mentally unstable he should be killed...when has disobeying curfew in Nigeria turned to death sentence..u are unstable oga

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by bigcasava1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by UHLmoving: 9:48pm On Mar 11
May the LORD have mercy on us.

This is wrong and grossly unprofessional
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:49pm On Mar 11
The man need justice all those soldiers involved must face judgment

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by iamtardey: 9:50pm On Mar 11
oluseyiforjesus:
But dey can't locate bandit
very annoying
Re: Soldiers Beat Man To Death For Flouting Curfew Order In Nasarawa by Kingrshd3: 9:53pm On Mar 11
Y

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught Having Sex With A Goat In An Uncompleted Building (Photos) / NGO Founder Remanded For Sodomising His Twin Children / How I Escaped Being Kidnapped By "Police" In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.