Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week (10350 Views)

Bitcoin Breaks $60K For First Time Since November 2021 / Bitcoin Breaks 3 Yrs All Time High Record.. Passes 20,000 Easily!! / Commodity Prices To Rise In 2018; Oil Supply From Nigeria Could Be Volatile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by otherway: 10:35am On Mar 12
clerkent:
Even pi that I mined for free never lunch but people are buying it #400/1.and I have sold more than 650pi.still have 1012 in my pi wallet.which is more than 400k.who say crypto is scam

The PI own shock me o.

I have over 3000 pi but just about 1k in the mainnet.

By the time it is launched, 1 PI can sell for about 40usd.

I will never forgive myself for losing my bitcoin wallet passphrase

I was given 2 Bitcoin free when it came out.. It was at zero value, I took it for granted.

Today I would have been $140k richer but the 2 bitcoins are lost forever.

2 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by xavuv: 10:51am On Mar 12
cescky:

grin

ignorance sprinkled with pain speaking..

and emilokan, has blocked many youths from partaking of this largese,....

😄😄😄
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Procashtips(m): 10:53am On Mar 12
Toks2008:

I will rather advise people wait to buy again .NOT TO SELL. Trading against the trend is like swimming against the tide.

No one should sell yet.

You're absolutely right

Its took price almost 1 year to get here, so won't be selling anytime soon as long as 65k mark is holding . 100k in view
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by twosquare(m): 10:55am On Mar 12
sonofthunder:

I'm confused..... Is it that more companies are utilising bitcoin for payments or they are intentionally pumping it so there'll be a dump once the ignorant masses starts buying bitcoin?
Institutions are now legally buying bitcoin since the approval of BTC ETF. Massive buying. Soon, we will hit a supply shock.

It is a store of value and called the 'digital gold'. Even unbelievers like the Blackrock CEO is now an enthusiast.

You may want to read about 2030 agenda and the new world order. Cryptocurrency will be the safe haven from CBDCs.

It's a race of who's got the highest BTC. After 2030, if things go this way, $500k BTC is imminent.

Price goes up and down too when people are ready to start taking profits. Only those who buy the top will be used for exit liquidity.

Any correction now is an opportunity to buy more. Wait till June/July when the real fun starts.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Apili: 10:59am On Mar 12
Pls does familer with blockchain as at June Last year I had about $3k on my blockchain wallet
Along the line a friend I accommodated stole my phone I know my blockchain wallet password but I forgot my 12 key recovery words
Please is there anyway I can recover my blockchain account and coins
I believe by now that money most have doubled or tripled
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by NCANCHAIR(m): 11:00am On Mar 12
twosquare:
Institutions are now legally buying bitcoin since the approval of BTC ETF. Massive buying. Soon, we will hit a supply shock.

It is a store of value and called the 'digital gold'. Even unbelievers like the Blackrock CEO is now an enthusiast.

You many want to read about 2030 agenda and the new world order. Cryptocurrency will be the safe haven from CBDCs.

It's a race of who's got the highest BTC. After 2030, if things go this way $500k BTC is imminent.

Price goes up and down too when people are ready to start taking profits. Only those who buy the top will be used for exit liquidity.

Any correction now is an opportunity to buy more. Wait till June/July when they real fun starts.

What’s gonna happen in June/July? Should we hold till that time or sell before June/July?
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by twosquare(m): 11:04am On Mar 12
Apili:
Pls does familer with blockchain as at June Last year I had about $3k on my blockchain wallet
Along the line a friend I accommodated stole my phone I know my blockchain wallet password but I forgot my 12 key recovery words
Find where you stored the passphrases or private key. Without it, you can do nothing.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Basicend: 11:10am On Mar 12
superlanny:
In Nigeria a good number of uninformed ignoramauses will say crypto is a scam, and will hail the govt for banning Binance, in sane climes with sensible people they are making loads of cool money trading and dealing in cryptocurrency.

This country and its people are too backward and archaic in their thinking.

Making money from it does not remove the fact that it is scam and can blow up at anytime.

Any long term thinking investment security concern will decline it's usage
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by MeetDx(m): 11:21am On Mar 12
Meanwhile 1BTC was $1 some 13 years ago! Just smh for not investing then….

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by sonofthunder: 11:35am On Mar 12
twosquare:

You may want to read about 2030 agenda and the new world order. Cryptocurrency will be the safe haven from CBDCs.

It's a race of who's got the highest BTC. After 2030, if things go this way, $500k BTC is imminent.

Any correction now is an opportunity to buy more. Wait till June/July when the real fun starts.

Okay but then from your exposition, it seems that it's not a case of bitcoin gaining wider use for transactions but people buying to stock hence the rise will not be sustainable and may be intentionally influenced.

This is my personal problem with crypto currencies as unless you have the right timing to buy and sell, ordinary masses who involve themselves will always get themselves burnt.

99% of people who own crypto in Nigeria don't use it to pay for anything. They only buy and sell it based on guesses and probability.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by twosquare(m): 11:38am On Mar 12
NCANCHAIR:

What’s gonna happen in June/July? Should we hold till that time or sell before June/July?
Your exit or hold time depends solely on you and your conviction.

BTC is expected to trade above $100k at the time. NFA
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by twosquare(m): 11:53am On Mar 12
sonofthunder:

Okay but then from your exposition, it seems that it's not a case of bitcoin gaining wider use for transactions but people buying to stock hence the rise will not be sustainable and may be intentionally influenced.

This is my personal problem with crypto currencies as unless you have the right timing to buy and sell, ordinary masses who involve themselves will always get themselves burnt.

99% of people who own crypto in Nigeria don't use it to pay for anything. They only buy and sell it based on guesses and probability.
You don't understand when I said it is used as a 'store of value' and it is the digital gold. You can use it to pay for stuff.
Some companies, that's the only crypto they love to accept. From Microsoft, AT&T, KFC, etc. Tesla accepts Dogecoin. XRP is to be used by banks for cross-border transactions, etc.

We also have hosting/domain companies accepting it. Brokers accept it... I can go on and on.

Most currencies thrive on speculation, except we want to lie to ourselves.

As for the ordinary people, the same goes with when you want to invest in stocks, crude oil, commodities, and even trading Naira. You need financial knowledge to know their use case, valuation, and possible upward or downward price in the near future. You don't just jump.

And if you want stability, go for stable coins. It's also cryptocurrency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Bizibi(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12
Treasure17:
The best time to sell is now.
i will leave it till 2026.....i will keep buying
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Bitcoin: 1:15pm On Mar 12
Raylight2:
I thought crypto is prohibited on NL. Why make front-page?

Seun

Bandwagon mentality. I remember back in 2014 when I would open threads to teach people about the potential of bitcoin only for some moderator to delete them. At that time, very few people knew about crypto in Nigeria or anywhere in the world even. A lot of people could've also bought when it was $200 or less. Notwithstanding, this is still a change in the right direction. I can't fault them too much as even many world renowned Noble Prize winners in economics also denounced bitcoin. Famous billionaires, financial analysts and bank CEOs called it a ponzi scheme or fraud. I guess Nairaland felt they were protecting the masses. It's all good, we are still heading up and If you have a long term horizon, everyday is a buying opportunity for bitcoin.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Raylight2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12
Bitcoin:

Bandwagon mentality. I remember back in 2014 when I would open threads to teach people about the potential of bitcoin only for some moderator to delete them. At that time, very few people knew about crypto in Nigeria or anywhere in the world even. A lot of people could've also bought when it was $200 or less. Notwithstanding, this is still a change in the right direction. I can't fault them too much as even many world renowned Noble Prize winners in economics also denounced bitcoin. Famous billionaires, financial analysts and bank CEOs called it a ponzi scheme or fraud. I guess Nairaland felt they were protecting the masses. It's all good, we are still heading up and If you have a long term horizon, everyday is a buying opportunity for bitcoin.

I got banned a few days ago for posting about PI.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Olichoke: 2:08pm On Mar 12
Please who can explain to me how this crypto works?
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by SPAMBOX7: 2:52pm On Mar 12
malali:
Sell before it Halves.
And wait to buy again.

Thank me later.
I think when it halves the price skyrockets. So why sell?
Enlighten a bro
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by SPAMBOX7: 2:57pm On Mar 12
adelana632:
Sell before it halves..the best time to buy was sep/Nov last year. Most good alts are already up too..remember seeing solana at 8 dollars. That was the time to buy.Sell before it halves..the best time to buy was sep/Nov last year. Most good alts are already up too..remember seeing solana at 8 dollars. That was the time to buy....
What do you mean by sell before it Halves. I think when it halves the price skyrockets. So why sell? Enlighten a bro
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by sonofthunder: 2:58pm On Mar 12
twosquare:
You don't understand when I said it is used as a 'store of value' and it is the digital gold. You can use it to pay for stuff.
Some companies, that's the only crypto they love to accept. From Microsoft, AT&T, KFC, etc. Tesla accepts Dogecoin. XRP is to be used by banks for cross-border transactions, etc.

We also have hosting/domain companies accepting it. Brokers accept it... I can go on and on.

Most currencies thrive on speculation, except we want to lie to ourselves.

As for the ordinary people, the same goes with when you want to invest in stocks, crude oil, commodities, and even trading Naira. You need financial knowledge to know their use case, valuation, and possible upward or downward price in the near future. You don't just jump.

And if you want stability, go for stable coins. It's also cryptocurrency.

I'm not against you here. Just trying to get a clearer picture.

Before when it rose drastically, it wasn't only because of demand, companies also accepted it for payments. Now I don't think more companies/organisations are thinking crypto payments. Still the same old especially for those with considerable amount of transactions that could cause changes in the market.

Many of us don't have the discipline and we keep jumping in. I'm just anticipating future tears and a few more crypto millionaires.

You seem quite versed in the world of crypto currencies and what give.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by SPAMBOX7: 3:00pm On Mar 12
Apili:
Along the line a friend I accommodated stole my phone I know my blockchain wallet password but[b] I forgot my 12 key recovery words[/b]
Just forget about the money it's gone
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Chassy03: 4:14pm On Mar 12
Anytime you spot a head and shoulders pattern that's when the great crash ride begin...if you have not spot it ..enjoy the profit while it last.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by budaatum: 4:23pm On Mar 12
I've added a chart for today's price to my initial, so we have something to compare in due time.

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by 100naira(m): 4:58pm On Mar 12
how much to buy this bitcoin
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by sweetgala(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12
superlanny:
In Nigeria a good number of uninformed ignoramauses will say crypto is a scam, and will hail the govt for banning Binance, in sane climes with sensible people they are making loads of cool money trading and dealing in cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency is effectively banned in many countries. It's only lack of formal employment that would make someone dependent on crypto as a source of funds or an investment
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Treasure17(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12
Bizibi:
i will leave it till 2026.....i will keep buying
You have a point.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Mrjadetan: 6:18pm On Mar 12
When you all realise this has to do with a key word known as XAF, then it will all make sense to you why bitcoin keeps going up.

Most of the developers and builders in the UK are part of this whole orchestration and the northerners and Easterners ( ibos ) are not helping matters.

I weep for that country called nigeria.

They don't collaborate and some people only care about themselves
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by Wizpa(m): 7:12pm On Mar 12
superlanny:

Crypto is like Gamble
You need not encourage it
If it works for you, fine... keep shut and do it your way
Someone recently committed suicide because of Crypto, besides Bitcoin is just one amongst thousands of coins out there, so don't be an ITK or you might learn and it will be in the Hard Way.
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by doyin01: 8:01pm On Mar 12
sweetgala:

Cryptocurrency is effectively banned in many countries. It's only lack of formal employment that would make someone dependent on crypto as a source of funds or an investment

Crypto is banned in just less than thirteen countries out of all the countries that exist..that is your own definition of "many"..??
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by doyin01: 8:02pm On Mar 12
Wizpa:

Crypto is like Gamble
You need not encourage it
If it works for you, fine... keep shut and do it your way
Someone recently committed suicide because of Crypto, besides Bitcoin is just one amongst thousands of coins out there, so don't be an ITK or you might learn and it will be in the Hard Way.

There are also several people who died during the stock market downtrend in 2010...so what then is stock market ??
Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by malali: 8:10pm On Mar 12
SPAMBOX7:
I think when it halves the price skyrockets. So why sell?
Enlighten a bro

Google this
"sell the news and buy the rumours"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bitcoin Breaks $70,000 In Volatile Trading, Hitting A New Record To End The Week by jojothaiv(m): 8:10pm On Mar 12
I don't even do trends but my 0.00855BTC just dey there since 3 years ago and man no even bother touch am, na to still leave am again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Distribution Business / Interswitch Launches Google Pay Support On Its Payment Gateway In Nigeria / The Average Nigerian Business Pays 48 Taxes - Tony Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.