Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common (5631 Views)

Drama As Deputy Speaker, Kalu Threatens Solomon Bob With Suspension / Orji Kalu Set To Resume At Senate Tomorrow After 5 Months In Prison / British House Of Lords Deliberates On Nigerian Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Metrix147: 2:21am On Mar 12
In commemoration of the 75th anniversary of Commonwealth of Nations, Deputy Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Okezie Kalu is due to make a special presentation at the British House of Commons, London, United Kingdom on Monday, ABN TV reports.

The Commonwealth of Nations also called the Commonwealth is an international association of 56 member states, the vast majority of which are former territories of the British Empire.

Kalu who arrived London on Sunday, March 10, 2024, is representing the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Taking Abass at the event, a statement by Levinus Nwabughiogu, Chief Press Secretary to the Deputy Speaker said.

Upon his arrival, the deputy speaker joined his contemporaries involving the speakers and presiding officers of member countries among whom was the Speaker of the British House of Commons, Sir Lindsay Hoyle who welcomed Kalu and also gave him a special attention, the statement added.

The Deputy Speaker is expected back in the country on Wednesday after making his presentation.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/deputy-speaker-kalu-set-to-make-special-presentation-at-british-house-of-commons-photos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by SoNature(m): 3:13am On Mar 12
He should tell the member states to increase the prize money for the Commonwealth Short Story Writing Contest. 😁😁😁

How can ordinary NLNG be giving the best novel a whopping $100k while Commonwealth gives a meagre £5k to the Best Short Story writer? undecided undecided
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by limeta(f): 3:23am On Mar 12
It will take a real man to talk about Biafra ipob or Nnamdi kano there not just wearing igbo red cap and playing to the gallery.
Waste of every bodies time .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Lumarstone: 3:38am On Mar 12
Am happy for the deputy speaker, at least he can speak good English without committing grammatical blunder unlike the other ones. I didn't mention anybody's name here.

I left..!
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Visocrate(m): 5:27am On Mar 12
That’s the son of the soil with vibes

1 Like

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:05am On Mar 12
Lumarstone:
Am happy for the deputy speaker, at least he can speak good English without committing grammatical blunder unlike the other ones. I didn't mention anybody's name here.

I left..!
Kuku talk wetin dey ur mind.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by nams77: 6:05am On Mar 12
The British really has us tied to their apron .

In other news, we can help you get lands in:

Owerri,

Asaba

Ogwashi-uku

See my thread

. Warri
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Izuchukwu70: 6:06am On Mar 12
Lumarstone:
Am I'm happy for the deputy speaker, at least he can speak good English without committing grammatical blunder unlike the other ones. I didn't mention anybody's name here.

I left..!

Mind your grammar.

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by callmevirus(m): 6:07am On Mar 12
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by isaachi4u: 6:09am On Mar 12
He should let the British know that including Ibos to Nija was not a wise decision.
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by free2ryhme: 6:12am On Mar 12

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by bewla(m): 6:16am On Mar 12
.ake a good one
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by IkengaRussell(m): 7:17am On Mar 12
Izuchukwu70:

Mind your grammar.

The irony of it,right?
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by HeroicMeastro: 7:29am On Mar 12
isaachi4u:
He should let the British know that including Ibos to Nija was not a wise decision.
You people are free to leave the Nigerian soil anytime.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:56am On Mar 12
Lumarstone:

I left..!

I'm* I'm* I'm* or I am* I am* I am* your write up is very irritating with that "Am"

1 Like

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Lumarstone: 8:14am On Mar 12
FOOTSOLDIER2:

I'm* I'm* I'm* or I am* I am* I am* your write up is very irritating with that "Am"

The central message have been past, both of us are learners. English is never my mother tongue language.

I left..!
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Lumarstone: 8:15am On Mar 12
Izuchukwu70:

Mind your grammar.

The central message have been past, both of us are learners. English is never my mother tongue language.

I left..!
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by paramakina202: 8:23am On Mar 12
limeta:
It will take a real man to talk about Biafra ipob or Nnamdi kano there not just wearing igbo red cap and playing to the gallery.
Waste of every bodies time .

Was he elected to talk about Biafra?
He is not a secessionist why should he speak for ipob ? He is representing Nigeria not Biafra know this and have peace.

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by omojeesu(m): 8:23am On Mar 12
When will this master-slave relationship end?
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:24am On Mar 12
Lumarstone:

I left..!

Not just for you but for other persons that deliberately or lazily make such mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by vankeli: 8:25am On Mar 12
Lumarstone:

I left..!
How many English dignitaries can speak Igbo or address a gathering in fluent igbo

1 Like

Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Lumarstone: 8:46am On Mar 12
vankeli:
How many English dignitaries can speak Igbo or address a gathering in fluent igbo

They're many sir, My governor is number one. Governor Seyi Makinde, (GSM) My former governors, Late Abiola Ajimobi, Late Alawo Akala

I left..!
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by limeta(f): 8:52am On Mar 12
paramakina202:

Was he elected to talk about Biafra?
He is not a secessionist why should he speak for ipob ? He is representing Nigeria not Biafra know this and have peace.

Folly is biafra not part of Nigeria ?
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by rollywise(m): 9:06am On Mar 12
This is in a developed nation, an envied nation, the one we all run to for greener pastures. See how it embraced a non indigene and opened the door of greatness to him. Yet some Yorubas in Lagos claim no one can come to THEIR HEAVEN on earth and be somebody except them. It's a disgrace. He who hasn't left his father's house would think they have the best sitting room
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by paramakina202: 9:14am On Mar 12
limeta:

Folly is biafra not part of Nigeria ?

No it is not, what is inside Nigeria is SE or call it Igbo land.Emma Powerful can speak for his group.
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by LeopardX: 10:04am On Mar 12
I actually like this man.
He's a very good speaker.

He should have been the speaker of the HOR.

Very knowledgeable too.

I hope he experiences rapid progress in his political career.
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Elzazzi: 10:16am On Mar 12
This is Neo colonialism. grin angry
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Smartguyboy(m): 11:36am On Mar 12
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Evercurious(f): 11:40am On Mar 12
Visocrate:
That’s the son of the soil with vibes

Which vibes? That chronic asslicker
Re: Deputy Speaker, Kalu Set To Make Special Presentation At British House Of Common by Evercurious(f): 11:41am On Mar 12
isaachi4u:

😂 That one no go try am cos he is a chronic asslicker

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Confirm Two Dead In Fresh Gun Attack In Kano / Goodluck Jonathan: A Sectarian President-barcanista / Buhari Vs. Aisha: War In Aso Rock As The First Lady Gets A Much Younger Rival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.