Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,034 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. (1271 Views)

Herders Crisis: Ooni Replies Sunday Igboho / Herders Crisis: Grazing Laws In Benue, Taraba, Ekiti To Be Reviewed — Atiku / Miyetti Allah Exonerates FG, Blames Governors For Farmers-herders Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Gjrich(m): 2:29am On Mar 12
I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu.

President Bola Tinubu on Monday expressed readiness to end the perennial farmers, herders crisis in the country.

Tinubu vowed to draw up programmes that would end the crisis within two to three weeks.

He spoke during the inauguration of the mechanised agricultural project in Minna, Niger State.

The President, however, noted that state governors should provide lands that would help in facilitating his programme.

According to Tinubu: “We must reorient our farming population, including livestock programme.

“I don’t see why Nigeria can’t feed all our pupils with one pint of milk a day if the dairy system is well harnessed
“I know what it means as an economic sabotage for cows to eat up the crops and vegetations of our land.

“When we reorient the herders and make provisions for cattle rearing, governors must provide the land and I as the President is committed to giving you, in two to three weeks time, a comprehensive programme that will solve this problem.”

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by gaby(m): 2:30am On Mar 12
Just do it...

Signed,

Nike..√

We are tired of the "I cans, We will, We shall, We plan, We intend"...

9 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by ObiCertificate: 2:49am On Mar 12
I wish the President resounding success in this drive to tackle insecurity and develop our livestock & dairy industries in one fell swoop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by SoNature(m): 2:55am On Mar 12
Oga, governors will provide nothing! If the Fulani herders want lands for doing their personal businesses, they should pay for them like every other businessman does. Nobody goes to the north to start threatening that they will butcher the natives if they are not given free lands.

Alternatively, states will reach agreements with Fulani herdsmen to have fractional stakes in their businesses. The rules of business cannot change under the guise of customs and traditions. If the Fulanis aren't ready to give something to get what they want, they should return to their home state/country and do their business over there.

7 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by jookco3: 3:00am On Mar 12
But we must first surrender our ancestrallands to Fulani first right? Come and try it. We are waiting.

5 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Usmanovic95(m): 3:09am On Mar 12
I think it's awkward the president has spent close to a year in office and we have recorded so much death from the various clashes between herders and farmers before the president is now coming out he can resolve the conflict in 3weeks.Its a shame he is telling us this as if we are still in campaign period.This is the time for more action and less talk.

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by limeta(f): 3:15am On Mar 12
We don't have farmer's herders crisis
We have fulani expansionary agenda Tinubu first need to recognise the problem before offering solutions

In Nigeria islamic terrorists are called bandits fulani agenda farmer's, herders crisis what a country what a people .

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Kenneth4u205(m): 3:27am On Mar 12
We donate entire south West land to fulani herdsmen . This is a good idea from TINUBU. It's the best way to end farmers herder crisis

3 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Lumarstone: 3:33am On Mar 12
I do not actually think that it is Tinubu that made this statement. On a second thought, if actually he is the one that made the statement, know that he was high on drugs.

I left..!

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Blue3k(m): 3:59am On Mar 12
jookco3:
But we must first surrender our ancestrallands to Fulani first right? Come and try it. We are waiting.

Lol this would make a good Simpsons meme.

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by meum: 4:04am On Mar 12
See you see ball oya play am.

This Ruga of a solution looks more like a problem to me than it is of a solution. Herders are business men, the government has no business securing land & planting special grasses for herders’ cows to feed.

Grazing didn’t just start during GMB’s tenure, it had been there long time ago. The question that should be asked is how did herders graze their cattle before the herders-farmers clash almost a decade ago till now?

It’s as simple as herders avoiding people’s cultivated fields.

The fear of Fulani people laying claim to government land decades from now & replicating what has been going on in Jos makes one afraid of this Ruga solution.

FG shouldn’t be asking for massive plots of land from states to set up grazing land for these businessmen. These cows won’t be sold at a cheap price in the market. It should actually be cheap since the cows will be fed from tax payers money that was invested in Ruga.

Please if you want to quote me do so without insult. Let’s have a discourse. I would like to be convinced about the proposed solution called RUGA

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Betanaija42moro: 4:23am On Mar 12
So, what are you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Forkthiefnubu: 4:46am On Mar 12
What u waiting for ?you are the president you druggie

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by aariwa(m): 4:53am On Mar 12
He has made more than 30 vows since May but nothing has come out of it

3 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by papyjaypaul: 5:00am On Mar 12
gaby:
Just do it...

Signed,

Nike..√

I assure you

1 Like

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Nackzy: 5:00am On Mar 12
Miracle worker
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Gadafii: 5:12am On Mar 12
This one is still campaigning after election

Such a pathetic power monger, you can end farmers-herders crisis in few weeks… it’s been month now and several hundreds of people have been killed or kidnapped since you grabbed power and ram away with it. What exactly are you waiting for to end the crisis if truly you can

Is it until farmers are wiped out completely?

2 Likes

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by predictor1: 5:23am On Mar 12
gaby:
Just do it...

Signed,

Nike..√

Government to.......

1 Like

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Iamanoited: 6:33am On Mar 12
WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT. THAT IS THE REASON WE ALLOW MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET.
TINUNOMICS MUST BE DIFFERENT FROM BUHARINOMICS. BUHARINOMICS WAS A FAILURE. TINUNOMICS MUST SUCCEED.
TAA-TINUBU AKPABIO AND ARIWOOLA MUST ADOPT FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING POLICY FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND ALSO A CERTIFIED TITHES CONTRIBUTION SYSTEM TO RUN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SINE DIE.

Orisa37
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM BY CHRISTIANA AMANPOUR CNN.
ALSO MACBAN IS BMFBOKOISWA.
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:47am On Mar 12
smh!

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:50am On Mar 12
Kenneth4u205:
We donate entire south West land to fulani herdsmen . This is a good idea from TINUBU. It's the best way to end farmers herder crisis
I'll drink 2 dis suggestion!
grin

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by princemillla(m): 7:00am On Mar 12
SoNature:
Oga, governors will provide nothing! If the Fulani herders want lands for doing their personal businesses, they should pay for them like every other businessman does. Nobody goes to the north to start threatening that they will butcher the natives if they are not given free lands.

Alternatively, states will reach agreements with Fulani herdsmen to have fractional stakes in their businesses. The rules of business cannot change under the guise of customs and traditions. If the Fulanis aren't ready to give something to get what they want, they should return their home state/country and do their business over there.

I agree with you on this. No one has monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by mytime24(f): 7:11am On Mar 12
I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu

Ending it is'nt a science rocket 🚀
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Bankowner: 7:35am On Mar 12
All we need is seeing it happen, not reading you can make it happen.
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by killsmith(f): 7:57am On Mar 12
Blue3k:

Lol this would make a good Simpsons meme.
And you must be a meme engineer. cheesy
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Blue3k(m): 8:08am On Mar 12
killsmith:

And you must be a meme engineer. cheesy

Thanks. Im glad you liked it. I just learned how to improve meme making yesterday.
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Okete001(f): 8:10am On Mar 12
Hehehe

Mr. Doer has spoken.

The enemies of Nigeria from a particular region can start grunting as usual
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Iamanoited: 1:07pm On Mar 12
It is not our DESTINY to be threatened with FULANI HERDSMEN.
BMFBOKOISWA (BUHARI SHETTIMA SHERIFF AND MACBAN) BROUGHT THEM TO NIGERIA
IT IS NOW YOUR GOD'S GIVEN ASSIGNMENT DRIVE THEM OUT OF OUR LAND BACK TO NIGER, BURKINA FASO, MALI, CHAD, CAMEROON ETC REPUBLICS.
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Melagros(m): 2:07pm On Mar 12
COMRADES are speechless with these lies grin grin
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by Blue3k(m): 3:20pm On Mar 12
“When we reorient the herders and make provisions for cattle rearing, governors must provide the land and I as the President is committed to giving you, in two to three weeks time, a comprehensive programme that will solve this problem.”

Tinubu is a clown just like Buhari is on this issue. Most states aren't interested in giving herdsmen free land or subsidizing their business. I predict this issue will be dead the half decade following states establishing police and prisons. After herdsmen start serving 5-10 years for breaking antigrazing laws they will reorient themselves, buy ranches and find different methods of shipping their goods.

Front page: Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by fkelly(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12
Governors should provide land; as in what?

Oga if u don't know what to say just close ur dirty mouth. So a governor will come and take my land and give it to another person, just like that in d name of herdsmen. As in his personal business oh. Make tunder fire the mouth way u use talk that rubbish.

I have landed property in over 7 states, both inherited lands and the once I acquired my self, none was acquire for free. The once I inherited have receipts of purchase.

I haven't received any land for free, and no bastard can take mine and give to another for free.

If they need land let them buy it from the host communities.

Dead body go surpluse this time around.
Re: I Can End Farmers, Herders Crisis In Two To Three Weeks – Tinubu. by happney65: 5:10pm On Mar 12
Mr where are the cows is now saying Govornors will provide lands. As in provide lands for nonesense people rearing their cows all over people's lands and killing people on their way.

Anyways,As expected he is a coward. He can't face the people killing our people. Instead of declaring a Nationwide ban on open grazing as that is the first step in stopping this,he won't, himself and his gang of Lagos thugs will only be having erection against Igbo's and telling them not to come out and vote.

Nonesense!

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Rules And Regulations For The New Regime / Donald Rumsfeld Resigns! / Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.