Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season (12486 Views)

China: Woman Who Doesn't Like Drinking Water Found With 7,750 Gallbladder Stones / Health Benefits Of Drinking Water Early In The Morning / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Unlimitedwords: 8:12am On Mar 12
Discover Other Benefits of Drinking Water .

In the midst of scorching heat and the increasing harshness of weather, it is essential to prioritize our relationship with water. This is particularly relevant given the untold hardships faced in Nigeria, where weather patterns have become a reliable indicator of the challenging circumstances we face.

Outlined below are five fundamental benefits of water:

Regulates Body Temperature: Water plays a crucial role in maintaining a normal body temperature. As we perspire, water assists in the evaporation process, thereby cooling our bodies and preventing overheating.

Lubricates and Cushions Joints: Proper hydration ensures that our joints remain well-lubricated, reducing friction between bones and preventing discomfort or pain. By cushioning the joints, water also assists in shock absorption, minimizing the impact of strenuous activities.

Protects Vital Tissues: The importance of water extends beyond physical comfort. It acts as a protective barrier for sensitive tissues like the spinal cord, preventing injuries and maintaining their optimal functionality.

Assists in Waste Removal: Water is a key component of various bodily processes responsible for eliminating waste. Through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements, water aids in the efficient removal of toxins and waste products from the body, promoting overall health.

Enhances Focus and Concentration: Remaining adequately hydrated is directly linked to cognitive function. Numerous studies have demonstrated that dehydration can impair concentration, alertness, and overall mental performance. By consuming enough water, we can ensure that our minds remain sharp and focused, enhancing productivity and overall well-being.

Recognizing the benefits of water is of utmost importance, particularly in the face of severe weather conditions and the increasing challenges brought about by climate change. By keeping our bodies hydrated, we not only protect ourselves physically but also optimize our mental and emotional well-being. Let us embrace a water-friendly approach and prioritize this essential resource for a healthier and happier life.

5 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Badamercy(f): 11:35am On Mar 12
Okay
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by MMempire(m): 11:35am On Mar 12
Water no get enemy. Even if water kill your last generation, you go still need(drinking and bathing) am.

11 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by YourGFsnatcher: 11:35am On Mar 12
It's increases your weight remarkably

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by ToneyWeeks: 11:35am On Mar 12
ggmk
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by osuolale95(m): 11:36am On Mar 12
I need real food rn not water... Someone is fucking hungry

6 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by LegallyBlunt: 11:36am On Mar 12
YourGFsnatcher:
grin grin

You say what?

22 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by fotadmowmend(m): 11:37am On Mar 12
Water is life just that pure water don cost

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Rosella25(f): 11:38am On Mar 12
YourGFsnatcher:

Is it true?
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Edipet(m): 11:38am On Mar 12
YourGFsnatcher:
does water add weight??
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Didijiji: 11:47am On Mar 12
grin

EVIDENCE OF A VERY USELESS GOVERNMENT

Cost of common items like pure water and salt rising...

tuuuueeeehhhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by yusluvad(m): 11:49am On Mar 12
Water is essentially essential...
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by GodHimself: 11:54am On Mar 12
I sometimes Imagine that we are actually living water, and the human body is simply a container we use to move around on land.

Drinking enough water also keeps the skin elastic and prevents premature aging.

Unlimitedwords:

In the midst of scorching heat and the increasing harshness of weather, it is essential to prioritize our relationship with water. This is particularly relevant given the untold hardships faced in Nigeria, where weather patterns have become a reliable indicator of the challenging circumstances we face.

Regulates Body Temperature: Water plays a crucial role in maintaining a normal body temperature. As we perspire, water assists in the evaporation process, thereby cooling our bodies and preventing overheating.

Lubricates and Cushions Joints: Proper hydration ensures that our joints remain well-lubricated, reducing friction between bones and preventing discomfort or pain. By cushioning the joints, water also assists in shock absorption, minimizing the impact of strenuous activities.

Protects Vital Tissues: The importance of water extends beyond physical comfort. It acts as a protective barrier for sensitive tissues like the spinal cord, preventing injuries and maintaining their optimal functionality.

Assists in Waste Removal: Water is a key component of various bodily processes responsible for eliminating waste. Through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements, water aids in the efficient removal of toxins and waste products from the body, promoting overall health.

Enhances Focus and Concentration: Remaining adequately hydrated is directly linked to cognitive function. Numerous studies have demonstrated that dehydration can impair concentration, alertness, and overall mental performance. By consuming enough water, we can ensure that our minds remain sharp and focused, enhancing productivity and overall well-being.

Recognizing the benefits of water is of utmost importance, particularly in the face of severe weather conditions and the increasing challenges brought about by climate change. By keeping our bodies hydrated, we not only protect ourselves physically but also optimize our mental and emotional well-being. Let us embrace a water-friendly approach and prioritize this essential resource for a healthier and happier life.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by IPG25(m): 11:57am On Mar 12
Dehydration is unquantifiable, it's has helped me a lot, especially in the area of malaria
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by jericco1(m): 11:58am On Mar 12
a pack of 12 bottle water is 1800, this is becoming extreme.. why would water cost that much when we are not in Dubai?
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Chikel20000(m): 12:05pm On Mar 12
Nice write up but y use a lady to finish d advert?

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Omenapounds: 12:06pm On Mar 12
H20 to one of the best free gifts God gave to man aside air and salvation

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Geovanni412(m): 12:11pm On Mar 12
Unlimitedwords:

Drinking water is good

But the ultimate for managing this hot weather is bathing with ice water for morning

If you bath with warm water finish

Take bottled water that is very cold and pour on ya body for 30 seconds -1 minute then dress up and enter street

My personal experience is that man no go feel anything heat internally for that day.

This is based on Wim Hof's system. Try am for yourself and see the difference.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:20pm On Mar 12
Rehydration
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Anunakeeh: 12:30pm On Mar 12
Geovanni412:

Drinking water is good

But the ultimate for managing this hot weather is bathing with ice water for morning

If you bath with warm water finish

Take bottled water that is very cold and pour on ya body for 30 seconds -1 minute then dress up and enter street

My personal experience is that man no go feel anything heat internally for that day.

This is based on Wim Hof's system. Try am for yourself and see the difference.

I guess you be skinny or very slim person and you don't reside in lagos. Lagos wey dey hot like mad and people pack themselves like Ants.

And i believe you won't be walking in the hell sun.

If you have an average or athletic body and you drink cold water and step into the sun. Your body go evaporate straight except if you have a car and not just car. A car with chilled AC.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by wunmi590(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12

It seems the OP manufactured water in their house ba?

Shey you no know sayvwater don become gold now, the water you are supposed to drink for 2-3days, wetin you go drink again 🙄
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by ZaddyJ: 12:34pm On Mar 12
LegallyBlunt:
grin grin

You say what?
That's the truth .
I once tried it before and I gained weight.
Before bed time and during bed time and first thing in the morning. After 3 month my weight had gone from 75 to 90kg

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Anunakeeh: 12:35pm On Mar 12
Edipet:
does water add weight??

Yes Water makes you gain weight most especially Cold Water.

NB:This happens when you are the Lazy Type who doesn't Workout.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by ZaddyJ: 12:36pm On Mar 12
Rosella25:

Is it true?
Very true

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Geovanni412(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12
Anunakeeh:

I guess you be skinny or very slim person and you don't reside in lagos. Lagos wey dey hot like mad and people pack themselves like Ants.

And i believe you won't be walking in the hell sun.

If you have an average or athletic body and you drink cold water and step into the sun. Your body go evaporate straight except if you have a car and not just car. A car with chilled AC.

Bro, read properly before commenting

I said use the ice water to bath and not to drink the ice water

I drink warm water but I use the very cold water to pour all over my body for between 30s-1 minute whilst bathing.

Cold water plunges are part of the Wim Hof Routine. Check his athletic feats and be astounded.

As for the athletic part, I believe cold has some benefits. Cryotherapy is used by footballers like C. Ronaldo amongst others.

Consider this as a tiny way of gaining similar benefits.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Menclothing: 12:51pm On Mar 12
Clean water plsssss

To do giveaway of water is cool oooo
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by 96ACE: 12:53pm On Mar 12
Omi o lo ta o
Wata e no get enemi
Omi o lo ta oo
Wata e no get enemi…

My favorite baba Fela track

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Anunakeeh: 12:53pm On Mar 12
Geovanni412:

Bro, read properly before commenting

I said use the ice water to bath and not to drink the ice water

I drink warm water but I use the very cold water to pour all over my body for between 30s-1 minute

It's part of the Wim Hof Routine

Have you wondered why footballers like Ronaldo now use cryotherapy?

You should be the one to read properly.

If you like strap iceblock to yourself. As long as you walk anywhere in Lagos especially the crowdy areas like oshodi, iyana ipja etc. You go sweat like Christmas goat.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by eepeepook: 1:07pm On Mar 12
Our heat has high humidity. Drinking water helps only a little. Stay under a fan whenever possible to ensure your sweat can evaporate, thus cooling your body. Drink ice cold water especially during hot afternoons. Refrigerate fruits also to give a cooling effect.
Re: Benefits Of Drinking Water Especially This Hot Season by Swifttelecoms: 1:37pm On Mar 12
Nice post 😊 we really need water this season to cool down our body system and to avoid been dehydrated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 26 2021 In Nigeria / Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor / 14 Most Bizarre Medical Conditions On Earth...warning GRAPHIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.