Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) (30689 Views)

30-Year-Old Photographer Commits Suicide In Jigawa (Photos) / Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide / Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by OgaDeyVex: 1:14pm On Mar 12
A 30-Year-Old Graduate Of The Federal Polytechnics Nekede In Imo State, Nerus Elemamba, has allegedly committed suicide.

His body was reportedly found dangling in his room on Monday evening in his village in Umuohii, Oboama community in the Ezinihitte Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State.

He reportedly committed suicide after participating in the day’s village manual labour earlier by his peers.

A source who spoke to our correspondent in confidence on Tuesday morning said that the deceased, who studied Architecture in school, didn’t show any sign of depression.

The source said, “The young man, Nerus, is from Umuohii Village in Oboama Ezinihitte Mbaise Imo State. He took his own life yesterday (Monday) evening.

“The reason for his action is unknown to anybody.

“He is a graduate of Architecture from the Federal Polytechnic in Nekede. Until yesterday (Monday) morning, he was very healthy and participated in the village youth manual labour.

“Later that same yesterday (Monday) evening, his body was found hanging in his bedroom.”

Another source disclosed that the deceased didn’t leave any suicide note.

The source explained, “Nerus Chinaechenwa Elemamba, second son of late Mr Cajethan Elemamba, was yesterday (Monday) evening found dead, hanging himself in his own room.

“Nerus participated in the youth manual labour work yesterday (Monday) morning, looking very healthy before the unfortunate scenario occurred.”

The village youth leader, Iheukwumere Ibeh, spoke to our correspondent on Tuesday morning and said that the villagers were shocked by the development.

He revealed that the victim was being buried after the necessary cultural rituals had been successfully carried out.

The youth leader said, “This is shocking. Nobody knows the reason for his actions. He didn’t leave any note behind. He was not married. He is between 30 and 31 years of age. He was not taken to a mortuary. He is being buried as we speak. This is after the required cultural rituals to appease the land have been carried out.”

When contacted, the spokesperson for the police in the state, Henry Okoye, said that he had yet to be briefed on the incident.

Source: https://punchng.com/30-year-old-imo-poly-graduate-allegedly-commits-suicide/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by OgaDeyVex: 1:14pm On Mar 12
Oga Way Dey Sleep, Wake Up, Begin Dey VEX

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Stephen0mozzy: 1:26pm On Mar 12
God rest his soul.
May Mother Earth grant him the peace he wanted.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Righteousness2(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12
Eternity is not a Joke or Fairy tale.
Heaven and Hell are real
Eternity is Forever and Ever.
Once you are gone , you are gone.
There is nothing here on Earth that you a faced with that can be Compared with Hell Fire.
Suicide is not an Escape route. It is a Fast wau to Hell Fire.

No matter your Matter, Do not rake your life.
Run to JESUS CHRIST, Hold to HIS word, the Bible.
Surrender to HIM, Depend on HIM, Call on HIM, Hold on to HIM.
There is no one guaranteed to sort you out lije JESUS CHRIST.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Proddigeyy(m): 1:32pm On Mar 12
undecided

How many sniper can do the needful please, this life don tire person..

lipsrsealed undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by OgaDeyVex: 1:33pm On Mar 12
Proddigeyy:
undecided

This Bad News, Shock You?
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:48pm On Mar 12
I blame Tilumbu the Chicago drug criminal for all these deaths in Nigeria.

24 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Busabosa(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12
Me self tire for everything

12 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by nairalee(m): 1:48pm On Mar 12
Nn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by olulove(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12
Hmmm...Just be kind and say soothing words to everyone (Let's all forget Ethnic and Religious Bigotry here on NL and beyond)...this is the least thing you can do to your fellow human. Remember people are going through a whole lot...Don't be a trigger to there depression.

LetsEmbracePeace Shalom!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by atobs4real(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12
Nekede, this is not the best way to die due to depression.
Share your problems because it mostly helps

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by atobs4real(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12
Nekede, this is not the best way to die due to depression.
Share your problems because it mostly helps
Please let's all say no to suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Nursepepeye(f): 1:50pm On Mar 12
How someone kill himself for whatever reason, I don't understand.
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by tonicyril: 1:50pm On Mar 12
Why are this people committed suicide upandan laidis na

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by bouncin04(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12
sad
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12
Please what is going on
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Hezzyluv: 1:52pm On Mar 12
Proddigeyy:
undecided

How many sniper can do the needful please, this life don tire person..

lipsrsealed undecided

Take eassy. Can we talk?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Adewale1603(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12
The more you're aging or growing older, the more depressed you are.

8 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Mopolchi: 1:53pm On Mar 12
Why you kill yasef
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by dettolgel: 1:53pm On Mar 12
We as a people are yet to understand and embrace the need for proper mental health care. Is the victim had complained some of the response would have been as follows:

"Don't kill yourself or you will go to hell."
"Pray there is nothing prayer can't do."
"Are you the only one with problems, there are people in far worst situation than you."
"We are blacks depression is not for us."

As if any of those will be help.

I think it is time we included in our school curriculum mental health issues. How to spot one. What to do when you or someone you know are in such situations.

Anything short of educating our people will result in nothing other than more preventable deaths.

5 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Papayaayasager(m): 1:55pm On Mar 12
Why is everybody dying?

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by cassidy1996(m): 1:55pm On Mar 12
R.i.p
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12
Sigh... People can easily strangle or kill others, then stage it as suicide, and no one, not even the law enforcement will be any wiser in this 3rd world nation.

That's literally how to get away with murder in a pathetic nation. undecided

Once una see rope around person neck, suicide is the conclusion... Sniper close to the dead simply rules out homicide. Nothing like an autopsy or an investigation to confirm that death-causing injuries were self-inflicted.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Okete001(f): 1:56pm On Mar 12
Hmmm

There is hunger in the land.

Please always check on your Neighbors.

Some are hungry but pride no go allow them voice out.

May his soul rip

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by SoNature(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12
Rotimi Amaechi says we should keep killing ourselves so that in the future he wouldn't have to contest with anyone for any positions. He will just have it. It seems many people agree with him 😁😁😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw1E_4eoqqA?si=vILnSXZMNUtu6q_W
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Amfem: 1:57pm On Mar 12
I always wonder the selfish interest behind these strange people with suicidal thoughts. The last option that could ever come to mind isn't suicide. Where is the place of prayers, trusting in God, motivational encouragement and living faith?
God! help us to wait patiently unto you, not to be tempted beyond what we can't forbear and comfort the depressed.

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by JooEeL(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12
How can I plan to commit suicide and not endeavour to take with me to heaven at least

1. A boko haram member
2. A fulani herdsman terrorist
3. A nigerian politician
4. Bandit ransom negotiators
5. Political chiefs.
5. Or a corrupt nigerian police / army?

We black people should be creative with things. If I plan to end my life and I can't take down any of these aforementioned vermins of the earth, the least I will do will be to kill myself in such a way that can spark a revolution or consciousness.

At the peak of Biafra war, I heard a white guy burnt himself. In Libya, someone burnt himself which culminated into what is today known as arab spring.

Black people, must we be taught everything? If u want to kill urself, u can hold an inscription saying something like:

"I'm going to kill myself soon due to the hardship caused by ______ (insert governor / president / councillor name)"

Or ur inscription could read "Black people, what will make you people stand up for once and reclaim your rights and dignity?"

I think the problem is because most black people are not groomed in such a way to be legacy-conscious. Just money, sex, parties and dance is what runs thru the average black man's mind.

You may not like what Im saying but we should stop wasting our suicides. We should learn to use every available means or tools no matter how little, to repress this seemingly unending oppression. People sing with songs; people write books. It's called conscientization. If u plan to commit suicide, make sure you pass a resounding message.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Fryx: 1:57pm On Mar 12
RIP
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Honestey: 1:58pm On Mar 12
Young handsome guys getting killed or die by suicide and I find myself asking who will marry our girls?
Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:58pm On Mar 12
Busabosa:
Me self tire for everything
Those that commit suicide don't make it public news you just chasing shadow

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) by AfroBeatDiary: 1:59pm On Mar 12
Hmmm... These people no dey thing about their loved ones. Suicide is not the answer, it only transfer the pains to your loved ones, give your life a purpose and you'll never think of negative thoughts, I gave my life a purpose deep inside the wild.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does Root Canal Procedure Cost In Nigeria? / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / Coronavirus: Northern Nigeria At High Risk — Gates Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.