Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) (30698 Views)

Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) / Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by benjackugo: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
A 15-year-old boy identified as Emmanuel Ameh, has been electrocuted in Achusah area of Makurdi, the Benue State.

IgbereTV gathered that the deceased, a student of Benue State University Technical College, died due to the alleged negligence of the staff of Jos Electricity Distribution Company, JED, in Makurdi.

Uncle to the deceased, Samuel Olokpo who spoke to journalists on Thursday, April 22, said officials of JED came to the house when everyone had gone to work and disconnected electric lines belonging to four households.

"On Monday morning, April 19, when everybody had gone to work and school, JED staff went to do their round of disconnection of customers who were indebted to the company. In the afternoon, some of our neighbours’ kids were playing around the pole and one of them made contact with the wire, his name is Emeka, a little boy of about five years, and was shocked. He ran to Emmanuel who just came back from school to complain, being the most senior at home," Mr Olokpo narrated.

"He ran to Emmanuel who just came back from school to complain, being the most senior at home. “Emmanuel went to roll up the wires from the ground because when they did the disconnection they left all the wires on the ground. He made contact with the wires and he was electrocuted.

“A neighbour, Jonathan Agi saw what was happening and rushed to the scene, used a dry stick to pushed him away. The other persons came too and they were able to intervene. They cut off the wire that had power. He was rushed to the nearby Ushaka Clinic and Bishop Murray Hospital, all in Makurdi, where he was pronounced dead. The Police come and helped us conveyed his body to Benue State University Teaching Hospital mortuary where it as-deposited,” he said.

Mr Olokpo also disclosed that top engineers from the JED office in Makurdi visited on Wednesday to condole with the family over the incident.

https://igberetvnews.com/1388296/15-year-old-boy-electrocuted-benue-photos/

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by HopeVictor(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
Nawa oh.. Nigerians and negligence self ehn..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Daddyvibez(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
Chai....bad news everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by ZeroWorries: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
RIP kiddo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Totilopussylick(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
The Jed needed to be hold accountable for manslaughter, if it was to be in a sane country but reverse is the case.

Condolences visit is all that they can offer.

Rip young blood.

11 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by mytime24(f): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
Rip

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by ipobarethieves: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
sad
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by FOREX4free(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Too bad
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by ozark(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
so sad
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by thatsleepboy1: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
JED staff went to do their round of disconnection of customers who were indebted to the company.

This is so sad and unprofessional. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by saphiere(f): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
RIP dear
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by GreenWire(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Chai nahwaoo.. may his soul rest in peace
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Maj196(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Bad news always emit from Benue state
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by amrichy(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
What a sad way to die!
If we really do have a soul that lives on after death, may yours rest in peace.
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by foreshore(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
benjackugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1388296/15-year-old-boy-electrocuted-benue-photos/

So sad, they don't need to condole the family but must be prosecuted.
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Crimrburster: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
Buhari....

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh.

RIP to the young fellow..

Electric no get baba...It reminds me of one experience electrician that took my younger brother as his apprentice back then...We dey for house one day nai we receive call from my brother from site say electric don shock him Oga fall into coma..

Personally,I was dumb-founded due to the fact that I didn't expect that guy to be a victim of electrocution...

las las,he recuperated and since then,I realized that "Electricity is a direct opposite of the Nigerian police force's slogan which says--"police is your friend
Electric no be your friend at all ohh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
can you imagine angry
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by letitrainnow(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
RIP

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by godumes: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
What a country!

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by xcesspaschal(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
15 yrs in a university? Ok ohh
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by JeffreyOraz(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Life ehh
See this young man just coming back from school not knowing that that was his last moment..
Rip young man, if there is life after death then I hope you are in a better place be it Valhalla or heaven or whatever you believed in

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by DrChukki: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2021
What a sad story... RIP to him.

Distribute prepaid meters they won't... See how a promising young boy died because of their foolishness and negligence...

My heart is with the family...
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by abobote: 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
Take them to court ASAP. RIP young boy
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
RIP lad.
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Revere27: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
sad
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by lastempero: 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
The only thing Nigerian electricity is good at, to electrocute people.
Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by Machinegun91(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
xcesspaschal:
15 yrs in a university? Ok ohh
Benue people are well educated unlike your dammed state

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos) by JeffreyOraz(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
abobote:
Take them to court ASAP. RIP young boy

For this Naija, na waste of money and valuable time be that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Northern Nigeria At High Risk — Gates Foundation / Please Help Me...i'm Always Hungry. / My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.