Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu (4492 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision / Regional Integration Will Not Solve Our Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Gbawe: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

i do not think the case for such integration should be ethnic but rather economic
as such integration should mean infrastructure integration and collaborative efforts  to avoid duplication of efforts and other synergies.
e.g. we will have to move away,at some point from a national grid model of power distribution,
regions can also collaborate on road and rail networks
this regional integration should form part of our overall national economic blueprint

in fact there is no reason  why infrastructure integration cannot include neighbouring countries in specific instances. e;g
england and france have a channel tunnel.

.i[b]if there is a case it should be pursued and it may make better sense for some yoruba states to integrate their infrastructure with others elsewhere based on economic merit[/b]

in my view there should be train links from onitsha to lagos as there is a very good business case just as there should be from lagos to accra

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wow!!! I doff my hat !!!! Lately , your posts have marked you out as very sound, rather well-exposed and liberally sophisticated . More grease to your elbow.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What has stopped them from doing it on a state by state basis since 2000? I think we need to think critically about all the trash we hear from these politicians? What stopped these states from implementing SIMPLER development at the state level?

manny4life:

Regional integration? I'm surprised to hear this from him.

I've said this thing a few times on previous threads; regional states NEED to come together and form an economic consortium. This activity will drastically improve on infrastructural development, education, security et al. This is a good step in the right direction, it means someone is thinking, all that's left is walking the talk.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by redsun(m): 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
This crooked chimp is still on d loose and worst of all,he still attend functions where suppose civil and rational citizens gathers. Which way nigerians? Crooked or civil?
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2011
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wow!!! I doff my hat !!!! Lately , your posts have marked you out as very sound, rather well-exposed and liberally sophisticated . More grease to your elbow.
mr bawi i thought i told you to avoid cannabis? undecided
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Gbawe: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

mr bawi i thought i told you to avoid cannabis? undecided

What is wrong with 'ganja'? Abeg forget that una Nigerian indoctrination. A lot more things worse in life than a herbal item available naturally and even prescribed medicinally.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by redsun(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
The crook is just capitilizing on the tension in d country aswell his nemesis of being one step away from kirikiri to weep up tribal sentiment knowing fully well that so many tribal mugus will fall for it. Tinubu is a criminal,his opinions belong to d underworld,jailyard.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by ikeyman00(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
@@@@@@@

talk is cheap!

that looter should lead by example;

he should build a ten storey school in s-west that is afforded to common man

he should as well invest in wolrd class hospitals so our top doctors in overseas can come back to work

etc

then ikeyman knows he is for real or else he will go down like a loser he is

em Bill gates what do u make of this african looter called Tinubu
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by ektbear: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Who @@@@@@ told you @@@@@ that talk is cheap?

@@@
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by ikeyman00(m): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked^^^ ur sugar daddy man
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by ektbear: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
@@@@@@@@@

All @@@@@@ I can @@ suggest is @@ that you @@ don't believe everything you hear.

@
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by AjCityOne: 3:16am On Nov 15, 2011
If anyone here is calling regional unity as an advocate for tribal interest then they really need to have their head checked put. This country is been moving backward much faster by this president than the previous administration and no one seem to care about the way PDP is driving out beloved country to the ground. Tinubu is a visionary man and a strong charismatic leader who can stand up to the criminal entity called PDP and what you should be hoping for in your South East is another Tinubu in your region. Let him be the Yoruba criminal all he wants. He;s our leader and we love him dearly. Now go get your own leader because 2015 is just around the corner.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by HighChief4(m): 3:36am On Nov 15, 2011
^^^Pls can you list categorically how Tinubu is different from the PDP guys
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by success4(m): 5:25am On Nov 15, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^Pls can you list categorically how Tinubu is different from the PDP guys

Same ni!!!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by hercules07: 5:54am On Nov 15, 2011
He gave us Fashola, OBJ gave us Yar Adua and GEJ.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Nov 15, 2011
hercules07:

He gave us Fashola, OBJ gave us Yar Adua and GEJ.

If you want to credit him with Fashola, then why did he have to sit on the state for 8 wasted years before allowing Fashola take over? And Please do not give me the crappy reason that he was PREPARING THE WAY. There is massive evidence that that NEVER WAS THE CASE . . . About 80% of Tinubu's plans were apparently dropped by the Fashola Administration -- from proposed road projects etc. So, please answer us with something more TANGIBLE that the silly AGBERO-mouthed rationals we have read of on this issue.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by hercules07: 6:01am On Nov 15, 2011
@Kobo

Me I tire o, someone asked a question, I answered, why all these epistles now? Can you provide a verifiable link for Fashola dropping 80% of Tinubu's projects? BRT and Lekki Express way were some of Tinubu's work that Fashola finished. I hope you know that there was no way in hell that Fashola was going to win the Lagos elections in 1999 and 2003, Tinubu brought him to government where he learned the art of governance.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Nov 15, 2011
That is an answer to the question asked? Are you joking? In a Democracy you suggest that Tinubu IMPOSED his own candidate on us, and somehow that makes him any different from Obasanjo who is accused of IMPOSING Yar adua on the people? Do you critically process ideas that jump into your mind, before you spew em?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by kjhova(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2011
Kobojunkie, it's OK if you hate Tinubu. It really makes no difference to me. However, the idea of integration (especially) of congruent states in terms of infrastructure, systems, bureaucracy etc is sure a bright one from the man. It is the way of common sense as it creates the opportunity to cut off many inefficiencies and duplication.
In your response to my post, you sounded like it is sinister to this nation for ethnically similar states to co-operate in any form. On the contrary, it could be indeed healthy for Nigeria if well managed. There is gain in diversity.
As for your suggestion that Fashola jettisoned most of Tinubu's projects, that is far from the truth. The main ventures we now associated with Fashola; BRT, LAGBUS, RRT, Lekki FTZ etc were all hatched since 1999. There was also the 4th mainland bridge, Lagos International Airport etc that were also planned which the Fashola government may have left for the future. Someone else will attend to these hopefully and will be associated with them.
I am indifferent about Tinubu, but I think working to help Fashola take over from him and working hard to entrench a viable opposition to the ruling party are worthy contributions to our democracy that I'd like some other regional bigwigs to emulate.
Regards.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by baslone: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2011
AjCityOne:

If anyone here is calling regional unity as an advocate for tribal interest then they really need to have their head checked put. This country is been moving backward much faster by this president than the previous administration and no one seem to care about the way PDP is driving out beloved country to the ground. Tinubu is a visionary man and a strong charismatic leader who can stand up to the criminal entity called PDP and what you should be hoping for in your South East is another Tinubu in your region. Let him be the Yoruba criminal all he wants. He;s our leader and we love him dearly. Now go get your own leader because 2015 is just around the corner.

You people should stop blaming PDP for all these disaster after all we voted for GEJ not PDP!!!!!
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
kj_hova:

Kobojunkie, it's OK if you hate Tinubu. It really makes no difference to me. However, the idea of integration (especially) of congruent states in terms of infrastructure, systems, bureaucracy etc is sure a bright one from the man. It is the way of common sense as it creates the opportunity to cut off many inefficiencies and duplication.

I know it is probably FOREIGN to you to hold a person RESPONSIBLE for HIS/HER OWN ACTIONS /RECORD, so I will let you in on how life ought to work. Outside of your mind, persons like Tinubu, are to blame for the appalling public records they built for themselves.

On Regional Integration, I ask you why wisdom tells you that when you want to build, you build from the ground up, not start in the air and expect the building root itself afterwards. Tinubu, and all other leaders in his group, before the coming of Fashola to the scene, and even after never exhibited any traits different from those of the other illiterates we have had in power prior. So, yeah, if he had started this on state level, at least it would have been easier to picture success on a regional level.

We have heard these promises before you were probably born -- before your parents even thought of you and we know what resulted. It is stupid to repeat the mistakes of the past, believing it will not play out exactly the same way as it did prior.

kj_hova:

In your response to my post, you sounded like it is sinister to this nation for ethnically similar states to co-operate in any form. On the contrary, it could be indeed healthy for Nigeria if well managed. There is gain in diversity.
As for your suggestion that Fashola jettisoned most of Tinubu's projects, that is far from the truth. The main ventures we now associated with Fashola; BRT, LAGBUS, RRT, Lekki FTZ etc were all hatched since 1999. There was also the 4th mainland bridge, Lagos International Airport etc that were also planned which the Fashola government may have left for the future. Someone else will attend to these hopefully and will be associated with them.
I am indifferent about Tinubu, but I think working to help Fashola take over from him and working hard to entrench a viable opposition to the ruling party are worthy contributions to our democracy that I'd like some other regional bigwigs to emulate.
Regards.

Yes, it is STUPID for states, created with no ethnicity in mind, to decide that development has to be along ethnic lines. Lagos is not a 100% yoruba state anymore -- more than half of it's population are not Yorubas, so it will be stupid for the State Governor to decide that ethnicity should be made basis for development. Regional development should include States like Delta, Edo, etc which comprise majorly of non yorubas and that is what we ought to be listening to now.

BRT, LAGBUS, RRT, Lekki FTZ, even the fourth mainland bridge were not Tinubu's plans. If you lived in Lagos PRIOR to the Tinubu/Fashola craze, you would have known this. Even Fashola himself tells you of where the plans original came from. Those ideas DID NOT START WITH the Tinubu Administration. Lagos Transportation service(I don't know how old you were in the 80's) were realities even back then. The rail system was almost made a reality even then too. So STOP LYING THAT THEY WERE HATCHED In 1999. ROFLMAO!!! Go read up the plans to learn truth from fiction.

PS: Do not turn this into another useless 'Fashola is god' thread. Learn to focus on the issues at hand,
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by kjhova(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
Kobo mate, the thread still remains a rational discuss on Tinubu's suggestion for Integration of ACN controlled or South-West states. In your recent post on my comment, I feel you crossed the lines of civilities in taking strokes at my likely age or reason.

In any case, let me assure you that my view point is not hinged on Tinubu or anyone. I am not Yoruba and its my dream that one day the government system, transport, communications, bureaucracy, education and marketing boards, etc of the Niger-Delta will aggregate to foster sustainable growth in that area. Ditto for the east, west, "core" north and every other area that can be fashioned out of this land mass.

I am not afraid of people associating on the basis of their common ethnicity or heritage. That some folks have used such for devilish purpose in the past does not remove the advantages of a commonwealth. I believe you are aware of how proud the Basque, Madridistas or Catalans are of their identities in Spain. You must also note the existence of the Bank of Scotland with all other ethnic institutions existing in that territory. It has yet to threaten the existence of the United Kingdom. My visions are along such lines. Hoping the clarification is spot on.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2011
kj_hova:

Kobo mate, the thread still remains a rational discuss on Tinubu's suggestion for Integration of ACN controlled or South-West states. In your recent post on my comment, I feel you crossed the lines of civilities in taking strokes at my likely age or reason.
No I did not because the statements you made were not those of one who actually lived back during the times when the plans were innitially made, however you felt bold enough to declare it was all conceived in 1999, when it really wasn't.

kj_hova:

In any case, let me assure you that my view point is not hinged on Tinubu or anyone. I am not Yoruba and its my dream that one day the government system, transport, communications, bureaucracy, education and marketing boards, etc of the Niger-Delta will aggregate to foster sustainable growth in that area. Ditto for the east, west, "core" north and every other area that can be fashioned out of this land mass.
I really do not care what you claim your view point is hinged on. What I know to do is argue against or for the views you present. I am a Nigerian and it is my dream that one day, that country will rid itself of the many focuses on what divides us. A supposed leader is here suggesting we make concrete the ethnic divide in the country, in the name of development, development which he, and many others like him, denied that whole region, at the state level, for decades. I am against it, and there are so many reasons why. The most important of which are his record as a leader in one of the states in said region, and the fact that we have had the same song sung to us in the past, only for us all to be fleeced at the end of the day.

kj_hova:

I am not afraid of people associating on the basis of their common ethnicity or heritage. That some folks have used such for devilish purpose in the past does not remove the advantages of a commonwealth.
I am not afraid of people associating on the basis of their common ethnicity, but I draw the line when it comes to Government doing just that. Most of our states are so integrated together that it would be considered discrimination for any governor to choose one ethnicity over another. We have a constitution that requires Government NOT respect one ethnic group over the other, and I would do all I can to make sure it stays that way. We have seen and continue to see what ethnic divide does to us as a nation. We don't need more of it.
kj_hova:

I believe you are aware of how proud the Basque, Madridistas or Catalans are of their identities in Spain. You must also note the existence of the Bank of Scotland with all other ethnic institutions existing in that territory. It has yet to threaten the existence of the United Kingdom. My visions are along such lines. Hoping the clarification is spot on.
Please stop trying to make connections where there is none. We are a democracy and our constitution mandates that NO ETHNIC GROUP be considered above others. We have 250 of them. I would rather our political leaders learn to stay away from ethnic politics and focus on government. Granted Tinubu is not an elected leaders, so, I am left with telling him to shut up already since we have seen what he is made of and he has nothing to offer as a leader.

** 7 am in the morning, haven't had my coffee yet so if you do not understand any line,, let me know.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Gbawe: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
kj_hova link=topic=802829.msg9560701#msg9560701 date=1321353[b:
386]
Kobojunkie, it's OK if you hate Tinubu. It really makes no difference to me. However, the idea of integration (especially) of congruent states in terms of infrastructure, systems, bureaucracy etc is sure a bright one from the man. It is the way of common sense as it creates the opportunity to cut off many inefficiencies and duplication.[/b]
Regards.

Well said. These days, many speak too emotionally . If they dislike the messenger, they automatically gun down his message. There is absolutely nothing wrong in regional cooperation that boosts joint economic activities, infrastructural development,  mutual assistance, commerce and interdependence. The idea of regional blocs become even more valid taking into accounts the reality on the ground i.e a virtually useless FG that is more a hindrance than anything else.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by aribisala0(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2011
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Gbawe: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
redsun:

The crook is just capitilizing on the tension in d country aswell his nemesis of being one step away from kirikiri to weep up tribal sentiment knowing fully well that so many tribal mugus will fall for it. Tinubu is a criminal,his opinions belong to d underworld,jailyard.

You can dislike Tinubu and still view his utterances objectively. The talks of Regional integration had been ongoing before the trial of Tinubu began and SW Governors had indeed met formally to discuss this concept. Are those Governors "whipping up tribal sentiments" as well? Even if making it so is now very common these days , everything does not revolve around Tinubu and , as obvious below, other very bright individuals also subscribe to this idea enthusiastically because it makes sense - especially considering the near moribund FG hindering leading Nigeria.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/s-west-governors-meet-on-integration/94731/

S’West Governors Meet on Integration

09 Jul 2011

By Toba Suleiman

Five South-western state governors again met Friday in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State capital where they agreed to set up a 21-man Technical Committee to appraise the possible areas of integration among the constituent states of the region.

Governors at the meeting were Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo); Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo) and the host governor, Kayode Fayemi.  Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State was represented by his deputy, Otunba Titilayo Olaoye-Tomori.

The governors of Edo and Lagos States, Adams Oshiomole and Babatunde Fashola respectively sent apologies for their inability to attend the meeting.

According to the Communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the governors deliberated on the possibility of formulating a regional action plan in the area of politics and socio-economic integration of the zone.

The governors agreed that they would pull resources together to enhance the fortunes of the region in areas that are germane to the yearnings of the people.

Fayemi, who read the communiqué of the meeting, indicated that the governors ruled out the possibility of considering party affiliations in the proposed regional integration in the geographical zone.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
I think anyone willing to be objective will concede that there is nothing wrong with this idea while we have a federal Government, year in year out, indifferent to the plight and misery of Nigerians. The concept South West integration is beyond Tinubu. It is a solution arrived at by many intelligent men fed up with a repressive Federal Government. 

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/sunday/femi-orebe/24509-in-pursuit-of-regional%C2%A0integration-in-nigeria.html

In pursuit of regional integration in Nigeria
By Femi Orebe 30/10/2011 00:00:00

It is for me a great pleasure to present to my readers this Sunday,  the views of Chief Dele Falegan, a trained Economist and  quintessential  banker;  indeed, a former  Director of Research in the Central Bank of Nigeria, as he writes on how Economic Integration can see our country out of its  current economic morass.

A very perceptive reader of the column phoned in this past week to call my attention to what he described as the monotony of articles on Regional Integration of recent. I pleaded with him for understanding.  I further explained that the same criticism was once made about the column concerning articles on Ekiti. The ‘raison detre’, I told him, derives from the Yoruba belief that it foams only when you urinate on one spot. As to the Ekiti case, we needed to fight impunity to a standstill. We did; and the good Lord restored our mandate to its original owner. But what is the essence of electoral victory if it will not  positively impact the people?

Happily, all our governors in the geo-political zone, without exception, are  agreed, and have decided to do just that. All we are doing here, including today’s article, is to further  enlighten our people  about the DEVELOPMENT AGENDA FOR  WESTERN NIGERIA document , rigorously put together by the Afenifere Renewal Group. Needless to say that the document is a product of a deep inter-rogation of  the socio-economic conditions in the region.

Please come with me then,  as we read Chief Falegan.

As a former banker,  Femi Orebe’s  paper on South-West Regional Integration at the recent EKITI ECONOMIC SUMMIT  (14th – 15th October 2011), provided  for me, an opportunity  to dilate further on how such proposals, both  within  and , even across geo-political zones, can hasten the much-talked about economic take-off of the  country. It is therefore my view that we have to rapidly put in place, a project along the ROAD MAP already outlined in the DAWN document.

[b]One specific proposal/project I have in mind is aimed at resolving the problem of  neglected Federal Roads in  Ondo, Ekiti, Osun and  Kwara State in the Northern axis with the  South-West  serving as the  fulcrum.

I do not think that the neglect of federal roads in this part of the country is deliberate. But the crying  lack of attention relative to other parts of the country in this  respect  cannot but give room for concern. The daily carnage and loss of lives on these roads cannot but raise eyebrows, especially the inability to drive safely along Ondo and Ekiti States where the Federal roads linking them have been rendered completely impassable.These include the roads from Ikare in Ondo State and Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital;  the one  between Ikere  and Akure, the Ondo State capital, which has  become totally impassable, all collectively impacting negatively on the economy of these states. It is unthinkable that as you read this, there is no dedicated Lagos-Abuja highway in spite of all the huge fortune that fell on our laps during the Obasanjo years.

I concede that apart from financial constraints, there is  in addition,  a gaping lack of  executive capacity within the Federal government, the Federal Ministry of Works and its direct Agency in this respect, FERMA,  which makes it impossible for them to cope with the challenges inherent in this massive business of keeping our road network in top shape as one would normally expect. This cannot, however, be an extenuating reason for the humongous level of carnage on these roads as well as the attendant disruption to economic life

These are the reasons I like to propose that  the named states in the South-West and Kwara  State should jointly  access the  facilities available at the International Development Association (IDA), which is the soft loan arm of the World Bank to  fund the  reconstruction of all the  Federal roads  in the  zone/s.  Should the IDA require a guarantee from the Federal Government, the states should not hesitate to approach the Jonathan -led Federal Government, for same.

IDA loans have long term  gestation periods lasting between 40 to 50 years ; with a grace period of 10 years during which there is no repayment, and with interest charges at  less than 1%. This means there will be no repayment burden for the present

generation, and the future, paying generation would have benefitted immensely from increased economic activities to be generated therefrom.  Repayment will therefore be almost painless. It is worthy  of note too  that  IDA facilities have  no hold on the borrowers’  existing resources which can thus bedevoted to other pressing developmental needs.

The roads within the proposed co-operating states  pass and cut the states vertically and diagonally from (a) Akure in Ondo State,  Ado-Ekiti in Ekiti State to Omuaran in Kwara State: (b) Ikare in Ondo State to Ado-Ekiti  to Ilesha in Osun State: (c) Iyamoye in Kwara  to Ikole in Ekiti State via Ogotun-Ekiti  to Ikeji  in Osun State.

It is suggested that  the roads should be dual carriage. They will be about the only major Federal project in this part of the country since independence. The recent inspection of Federal roads (and indeed all Federal projects) in this part of the country confirms the need for a concerted effort by these states in making this joint effort  and for a Federal Government, eager to join the group of the most developed 20 economies barely nine years from now, to eagerly lend  its support.

A committee of experts on infrastructure procurement made up of members  from all the  states can  be set up immediately  to work out details. This should be far and beyond politics and partisan politics must not be allowed to kill it off. Details should include (a) the project coverage showing the number of  kilometres from each state which will determine the financial  commitment of each state (b) the total financial package which will determine the proportion of repayment by each state as at future repayment schedule (c) debt burden sharing and typology of debt per state.

Fortunately, these states, individually or collectively, have very low current  debt burden and are under-borrowed whether from the point of view of external or domestic debt or both.  To make  each state  a major beneficiary of this scheme is to maximally improve overall economic activities in the country. As at today, only about 10 states are benefiting from IDA facilities in Nigeria. Japan has identical facility and repayment terms as the IDA credit and it is a great pity that Nigeria is not maximally utilising IDA to massively build up its infrastructure stock.
[/b]

This proposal, if accepted, will add  value to the overall development and growth of the entire country.

The example  can  be replicated in other zones of the country so as to cut down on the carnage and  the unnecessary loss of the lives of the most active and productive segment of our population just as it will generate massive employment opportunities for our horde of unemployed youth and, without a doubt, enhance security of persons and property.
Re: Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu by kjhova(m): 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
Lastly Kobo, do your arguments some honor and be civil. Your tone could be more appropriate.
As a reminder, I don't think Tinubu clamored for a coming together of Yoruba people. The co-operation he suggested was between South-West states. I couldn't pick anywhere in his speech where he suggested the ostracizing of non indigenes of such states. Like I said, I am not Yoruba and I live and work in Lagos. All of my family are scattered across the Yoruba states. I wouldn't wish eviction on myself?! Tinubu may be vile as you claim, that has nothing to do with the sensible option of regional integration of congruous states.
If you are so older than I, then maybe it was good I didn't grow up in your era. It's so obvious that today's Nigerians are more germane and understanding of each other than the peoples of our earlier times.
I rest my case as beyond this point I probably will never appeal to you.
Arivedechi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Day Babangida’s Security Was Breached -execution Of The Plot On April 22, 1990 / A Great Speech By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor) / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.