Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud (11085 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Aisha Aikali Wakil For N66 Million Fraud / $11 Million Fraud: Obinwanne Okeke Faces 30 Years In Jail - FBI / EFCC Arraigns Three Men Who Carried Out Transaction On The Shares Of Dead People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Morbeta11(m): 4:59am On Mar 13

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Enugu State Zonal Command, has arraigned Ogbu Ibekwem, Nwagbara Chidimma, Uwaezuoke Raymond, and Chidubem Mgbeke before Justice Mohammed Garba of the Federal High Court sitting in Enugu State.

This was disclosed in a post via the commission’s X handle on Tuesday.

According to the post, on February 22, 2023, Access Bank plc turned over Ibekwem, Chidimma, and Raymond, three former employees of the Nottidge branch of the bank in Onitsha, Anambra State, to the agency for embezzling N15,944,100.00.

It added that they were arraigned on a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing.

One of the counts reads, “That you, Ogbu Kingsley Ibekwe and Chidubem Angela Mgbeke, sometimes in January 2023 in Onitsha, Anambra State, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, conspired among yourselves to commit felony to wit, retaining the sum of N7,996,800.00 meant for evacuation to the Central Bank of Nigeria and property of Access Bank Plc Nottidge Branch, Onitsha, which you knew or ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 21(a) of the Money Laundering (Prevention and Prohibition) Act 2022 and punishable under Section 20(b)”.

Upon hearing the charges, they pleaded not guilty.

The EFCC’s attorney, Ahmad Abdullahi, asked the court to set a trial date and remand the defendants to the Enugu State Correctional Facility in light of their pleas.

The accused were placed under EFCC custody on remand until the bail application hearing.

https://punchng.com/efcc-arraigns-three-ex-bankers-one-other-for-n15-9m-fraud/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by yinkus6750(m): 5:07am On Mar 13
Why put them under EFCC custody?
When EFCC said they should be remanded in prison.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by lexy2014: 5:28am On Mar 13
Just N15m while those who have stolen billions are roaming free

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by LOVEGINO(m): 5:29am On Mar 13
Access bank again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Franzinni: 5:32am On Mar 13
When some dey steal in trillions... What is 15 million?

If efcc wants to be busy for the next 5 years, they should go after those so called politicians

They will have cases that will be longer than the Vatican archives...

15 million.

Well sha crime nah crime and the fact that they are bankers... I support, because bankers are one of Nigeria's major problem too... You know yourself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 5:40am On Mar 13
Franzinni:

If efcc wants to be busy for the next 5 years, they should go after those so called politicians

15 million.

Well sha crime nah crime and the fact that they are bankers... I support, because bankers are one of Nigeria's major problem too... You know yourself

Okay make we free them now.

The ones that steal in trillions were able to get to that point because people like you begged on their behalf when it was just millions they stole.

And yes, those who steal in trillions should be jailed. But that is when you hear Nigerians protesting on their behalf.

See the current shenanigans on the budget now. Three trillion. And no one would get punished eventually. Already the tribe issue is out on the matter

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 5:45am On Mar 13
lexy2014:

Why do you support them? Is what they did right?

Banks have crashed because people steal from them.

And before you start, I fully support those who steal in billions being jailed immediately. Yes including members of this apc government past and present.

The problem is most of my countrymen would defend them. Remember James ibori.

Mr questioner.

P. S

Before you start your useless trolling with rhetorical questions , better remember to answer my question as to why small thieves should go free.

Mr questioner.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Ofunaofu: 5:45am On Mar 13
lexy2014:

Not just stealing billions, but moving it in bullion vans and being hailed and cheered as Lagos blueprint builder and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Franzinni: 5:47am On Mar 13
nairalanda1:

Okay make we free them now.

The ones that steal in trillions were able to get to that point because people like you begged on their behalf when it was just millions they stole.

And yes, those who steal in trillions should be jailed. But that is when you hear Nigerians protesting on their behalf.

See the current shenanigans on the budget now.
haha people like me kwa... Breeze dey reach your self contain so? Because you don dey reason off key o.

People like me? Do you know how much I dislike Nigerian political system and the blatant corruption that permeates every nook and cranny of the so called country?

People like me? Guy you don't know people like me... You just want talk like person wey sabi something for head.... You are not fooling anyone.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 5:48am On Mar 13
Ofunaofu:

Not just stealing billions, but moving it in bullion vans and being hailed and cheered as Lagos blueprint builder and Nigeria

Yeah and sadly Nigerians voted for him. And when asked to at least vote for new people , they will start screaming abuse. Yes, let's vote out apc and pdp, them go call you a joker. Okay.

It still does not make.what these people did right. Thief na thief. Bullion van or 15 million naira.

Neither is worthy of our sympathy.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by MrCover: 5:49am On Mar 13
Inukwa ooooo
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 5:50am On Mar 13
Franzinni:
haha people like me kwa... Breeze dey reach your self contain so? Because you don dey reason off key o.

People like me? Do you know how much I dislike Nigerian political system and the blatant corruption that permeates every nook and cranny of the so called country?

People like me? Guy you don't know people like me... You just want talk like person wey sabi something for head.... You are not fooling anyone.

So stop excusing the criminals.

You want them to go.free so that they can be tomorrow's corrupt politicians stealing trillions?

Abeg , crime na crime...and it should be punished and not defended. Whether 3 trillion budget padding or 15 million fraud

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Franzinni: 5:53am On Mar 13
nairalanda1:

So stop excusing the criminals.

You want them to go.free so that they can be tomorrow's corrupt politicians stealing trillions?

Abeg , crime na crime...and it should be punished and not defended. Whether 3 trillion budget padding or 15 million fraud
wait are you serious? Because I would employ you to go and read my initial comment and try to understand what I wrote.. Because I don't disagree with what you are saying so I dey wonder why you dey on my matter with such jinja... Baba I didn't say they should be released in fact I pray they catch more of them... This is a case of friendly fire comrade!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by OilandGasMarket: 5:53am On Mar 13
Omo. They would be gone for a long time

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 5:59am On Mar 13
Franzinni:
wait are you serious? Because I would employ you to go and read my initial comment and try to understand what I wrote.. Because I don't disagree with what you are saying so I dey wonder why you dey on my matter with such jinja... Baba I didn't say they should be released in fact I pray they catch more of them... This is a case of friendly fire comrade!

Stop excusing the criminals.

I saw what you wrote. The whatabaoutism that started your comment annoys me

I mean, we know why corrupt politicians are still running around. Nigerians defend them

That's why we can't examine corruption of past and present administration. Because Nigerians will rise up and cry bias. And honestly it is pissing me off.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Primusinterpares(m): 6:01am On Mar 13
@Efcc
Are Nigerian politicians invisible to you? The real big time financial criminals roams about freely.

Nice one for catching up with these bankers that are guilty. However, do more. Go after these people that are commiting these financial crimes against this nation. If you don't your children will face the realities in the near future

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by nairalanda1(m): 6:06am On Mar 13
Primusinterpares:
@Efcc
Are Nigerian politicians invisible to you? The real big time financial criminals roams about freely.

Nice one for catching up with these bankers that are guilty. However, do more. Go after these people that are commiting these financial crimes against this nation. If you don't your children will face the realities in the near future

Efcc does go after politicians . But at the end

1. Nigerians will threaten anarchy

2.nigerians will use violence to defend them ( see ibori)

3. Politician will run to court and get injunction ( See odili and ganduje)

4.Or efcc does the hard work, gets them jailed and then the politicians get pardoned. ( See nyame and dariye)

Nigerians, most of them,don't know how damaging corruption is. Efcc does not operate in a vacuum.

Most Nigerians also.see.proesecutions of corrupt officials as an attack on their tribe or region.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Primusinterpares(m): 6:19am On Mar 13
nairalanda1:

Efcc does go after politicians . But at the end

1. Nigerians will threaten anarchy

2.nigerians will use violence to defend them ( see ibori)

3. Politician will run to court and get injunction ( See odili and ganduje)

4.Or efcc does the hard work, gets them jailed and then the politicians get pardoned. ( See nyame and dariye)

Nigerians, most of them,don't know how damaging corruption is. Efcc does not operate in a vacuum.

Most Nigerians also.see.proesecutions of corrupt officials as an attack on their tribe or region.

Succinctly put, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Franzinni: 6:27am On Mar 13
nairalanda1:

Stop excusing the criminals.

I saw what you wrote. The whatabaoutism that started your comment annoys me

I mean, we know why corrupt politicians are still running around. Nigerians defend them

That's why we can't examine corruption of past and present administration. Because Nigerians will rise up and cry bias. And honestly it is pissing me off.
oga... You might have to go and hold placard in front of as rock if you feel you are that passionate about it... Because your protest is not directed properly... I don't know what I can tell you again because you seem to have a one track mind.... I said I do not support any form of crime in any capacity big or small... Abi you never still understand ni?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Nursepepeye(f): 6:30am On Mar 13
lexy2014:
#15m just sound like #15k sef, thier mistake is taken just #15m, if they've taken #150bilions, now they will be talking of plea bargains from comfortable exile by now
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Actuarydeji(m): 6:32am On Mar 13
You are one of the problem of this country!
lexy2014:

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by jayAjoku(m): 6:46am On Mar 13
that’s fine and good . But when will the Efcc Arraign all the senators and senate presidents for Budget padding fraud? 😂🤣🤣 Bunch of shameless Bastards
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by jayAjoku(m): 6:48am On Mar 13
No you are one of the problems in this country you’re too daft to know that if the efcc had been doing their job catching and arresting the fraudulent and criminal politicians stealing billions of Naira and dollars combined maybe these bank employees would have been too scared to commit such fraud. But because the efcc cannot arrest politicians the bankers now have the effrontery to commit fraud because they know and feel the system is too lax for them to thrive.
Actuarydeji:
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by tonicyril: 7:00am On Mar 13
lexy2014:
So because of that Access bank who are the victim here should pardon them??

Can u see now that u re economical with the use of sence??
Don't get me wrong sir u have sense...I swear u have, just that u re keeping it for the future purposes..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by lexy2014: 7:08am On Mar 13
Actuarydeji:

kindly explain how the comment you responded to suggests that I am one of "the problem of this country".

are you one the solutions of this country?

in what way are you and have been one of the solutions of this country?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by lexy2014: 7:11am On Mar 13
tonicyril:
So because of that Access bank who are the victim here should pardon them??

Can u see now that u re economical with the use of sence ??
Don't get me wrong sir u have sense...I swear u have, just that u re keeping it for the future purposes..

kindly explain to me how the comment you responded to suggest that they should be pardoned or where you saw anything in the comment you responded to that said anything about pardoning or not pardoning anyone.

pls what is the highlighted word above in your comment?

how does your comment about sense and keeping it for future, present or past use relate to the discussion?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by lexy2014: 7:15am On Mar 13
nairalanda1:

Why do you support them? Is what they did right?

Banks have crashed because people steal from them.

And before you start, I fully support those who steal in billions being jailed immediately. Yes including members of this apc government past and present.

The problem is most of my countrymen would defend them. Remember James ibori.

Mr questioner.

P. S

Before you start your useless trolling with rhetorical questions , better remember to answer my question as to why small thieves should go free.

Mr questioner.

who is the "them" that you say I support?

which "support" are you referring to?

what is my business with whether you support what happens or does not happen to those who steal billions?

who do most of your country men defend?

what am I remembering Ibori for?

how does all you have said negate my post that you responded to?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by israelmao(m): 7:26am On Mar 13
Good name is better than silver or gold.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Judolisco(m): 7:30am On Mar 13
Franzinni:

15 million.

every corrupt politician started from somewhere
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by joseph1832(m): 7:47am On Mar 13
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by Actuarydeji(m): 7:54am On Mar 13
I will not like to dwell on this matter.
lexy2014:

kindly explain how the comment you responded to suggests that I am one of "the problem of this country".

are you one the solutions of this country?

in what way are you and have been one of the solutions of this country?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Three Ex-Bankers, One Other For ₦‎15.9 Million Fraud by tonicyril: 7:54am On Mar 13
lexy2014:

kindly explain to me how the comment you responded to suggest that they should be pardoned or where you saw anything in the comment you responded to that said anything about pardoning or not pardoning anyone.

pls what is the highlighted word above in your comment?

how does your comment about sense and keeping it for future, present or past use relate to the discussion?
I purposely used sence instead of sense so don't tink I don't know what I was doing...

Besides, my fon autocorrected me but I still manually changed it to what I wanted.. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Not Stealing Before Being Caught – Suspect / 4 Killed In Taraba Political Clashes / Abuja Court Sends 15 Internet Fraudsters To Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.