Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? (1435 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / Alhassan Ado Doguwa: I Have 4 Wives, 27 Children & Still Counting / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 9:26am On Mar 13
Nigeria won the Biafra war comprehensively within 3 years, yet the war against a rag tag Boko Haram has been going on for 17 years. It looks to me like some powerful person’s are profiteering from this unfortunate insurrection.

Same thing with Banditry, going on for nearly 8 years and counting no end to this menace, seems our military and other security apparatus are bereft of ideas of how to put an end to this phenomenon.

What is happening 🤔

6 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by AlexBells(m): 9:28am On Mar 13
KnowAll:
Nigeria won the Biafra war comprehensively within 3 years, yet the war against a rag tag Boko Haram has been going on for 17 years. It looks to me like some powerful person’s are profiteering from this unfortunate insurrection.

Same thing with Banditry, going on for nearly 8 years and counting no end to this menace, seems our military and other security apparatus are bereft of ideas of how to put an end to this phenomenon.

What is happening 🤔
It is stupid to compare a national war to asymmetric warfare, Besides is the Biafran war really over?

13 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Bendeco2020: 9:28am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

What is happening 🤔
How old are you?

Why comparing Civil war with insurgents (terrorism) war?

Dont you know that civil war was a war between Nigeria and Eastern region?

Has Nigeria conquered IPOB group yet after more than 5 years?

Is Nigeria fighting against Borno or Kanuri tribe?

If the whole Nigeria should fight against a particular tribe (e.g Kanuri). The war will end in less than 6 months

You will probably be a yoruba man because most of you dont reason before yarning

17 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by fuckJones(f): 9:31am On Mar 13
Both are terrorist

21 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by gidgiddy: 9:31am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

What is happening 🤔

Well when you have Britain, Russia, Saudi Arabia and others supporting you with arms and ammunition, war planes and cash, you will be able to win within 3 years

But when those things are no longer available, be prepared to fight forever

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Cooletempa: 9:33am On Mar 13
Biafra war was less than three years….two years and a half to end ojukwus foolishness. In the two and and a half years of the war….half was spent on ceasefires so Biafra was for less than one year in effect.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Cooletempa: 9:33am On Mar 13
gidgiddy:

Well when you have Britain, Russia, South Arabia and others supporting you with arms and ammunition, war planesh and cash, you will be able to win within 3 years

What a dumb post shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by mightyhazel: 9:38am On Mar 13
Can u compare a semi world war ..where dozens of countries fought one nation to one left to only Nigeria to fight?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Bookhub: 9:40am On Mar 13
who told you BIafran is over,it was pursed because ojukwu quickly realised he was fighting world powers and britain and Russia and the rest ,his tribesmen will just be wiped out existence if he continues stubbornly ,the new generation have continued and still fighting you think IPOB/ESN is a joke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by mightyhazel: 9:41am On Mar 13
Cooletempa:

What a dumb post shocked
That post would appear dumb only to a dundee

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 9:42am On Mar 13
AlexBells:

It is stupid to compare a national war to asymmetric warfare, Besides is the Biafran war really over?

The Biafra war is practically over. Except of some recent upheaval by some hoodlums who are capitalising on trumour of the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 9:44am On Mar 13
Bendeco2020:

How old are you?

Why comparing Civil war with insurgents (terrorism) war?

Dont you know that civil war was a war between Nigeria and Eastern region?

Has Nigeria conquered IPOB group yet after more than 5 years?

Is Nigeria fighting against Borno or Kanuri tribe?

If the whole Nigeria should fight against a particular tribe (e.g Kanuri). The war will end in less than 6 months

You will probably be a yoruba man because most of you dont reason before yarning

I won’t be surprised that you are one of those benefitting from this never ending insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 9:46am On Mar 13
gidgiddy:

Well when you have Britain, Russia, South Arabia and others supporting you with arms and ammunition, war planesh and cash, you will be able to win within 3 years

U sure right. I can remember the Barack Obama regime not wanting to sell any arms to the Nigerian Army.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Cooletempa: 9:49am On Mar 13
mightyhazel:
That post would appear dumb only to a dundee

Here comes an even bigger dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Bulldozer90: 10:04am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

The Biafra war is practically over. Except of some recent upheaval by some hoodlums who are capitalising on trumour of the Nigerian economy.
the bold simply means it's not over, save us the delusional epistle.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 10:06am On Mar 13
Bulldozer90:
the bold simply means it's not over, save us the delusional epistle.

It is over a fight between the army and some unknown gun men cannot be classified as a war like the Nigerian/ Biafra war which involves war planes, artillery and bombs.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by Bulldozer90: 10:09am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

It is over a fight between the army and some unknown gun men cannot be classified as a war like the Nigerian/ Biafra war which involves war planes, artillery and bombs.
there is a reason I said your opinion is delusional.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by NOGRUDGES(m): 10:15am On Mar 13
Make be the terrorists are more technical in there approach, they seem to be playing out the Taliban script of indoctrination and modern warfare, including enemy infiltration coupled with stealth.

They always seem to be invisible and having government "SYMPATHY"

But wetin Biafran forces go find for Ore?

History should be mandatory no matter whose ox is gourd

Where they trying to conquer the whole of Nigeria territory?
Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 10:23am On Mar 13
NOGRUDGES:
Make be the terrorists are more technical in there approach, they seem to be playing out the Taliban script of indoctrination and modern warfare, including enemy infiltration coupled with stealth.

They always seem to be invisible and having government "SYMPATHY"

But wetin Biafran forces go find for Ore?

History should be mandatory no matter whose ox is gourd

Where they trying to conquer the whole of Nigeria territory?

I think the only way u can finish the war with BH is approach it Stalin way. Joseph Stalin in fighting insurgency in some part of Russia first deported the whole population to Siberia and then gave a marching order to the army that anyone left in that territory are assumed to be terrorist and should be wiped out. By so doing the surge cry ended. He later brought back the deported population and that was how d resurgent ended.

Whether you can do so in this Morden era I believe cannot be possible because of out cry from human rights people.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:23am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

What is happening 🤔

Correction .

The biafran civil war ended immediately , Benjamin Adekunle took both old Rivers and old Cross River in the most brilliant amphibious campaign.

Biafran orcs were beaten black and blue at Ore and Nigerian forces led by Adekunle took Warri and made a blitzkrieg attack to Calabar in less than 6 months.

The war should have ended the minute Murtala took Asaba and Adekunle liberated the entire SS within 6months after Ojukwu declared Biafra on May 30th, 1967.

That was the official end of the war but Ibo elite began lobbying Gowon to liberate them from Ojukwu's tyrannical Biafra and Ojukwu knew this and that's why Ojukwu was executing his own war cabinet and officers as Sabos.

Middle belt elements in the Nigerian side agreed with integrating Ibos back into Nigeria because they assumed a bigger Nigeria will protect them as a minority people from the Fulani dominated Muslim north.

The war thus dragged on due to the stubbornness of Ojukwu who will finally run away .

In short, Biafra didn't stand a chance

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 10:26am On Mar 13
DomPerignon:

Correction .

The biafran civil war ended immediately , Benjamin Adekunle took both old Rivers and old Cross River in the most brilliant amphibious campaign.

Biafran orcs were beaten black and blue at Ore and Nigerian forces led by Adekunle took Warri and made a blitzkrieg attack to Calabar in less than 6 months.

The war should have ended the minute Murtala took Asaba and Adekunle liberated the entire SS within 6months after Ojukwu declared Biafra on May 30th, 1967.

That was the official end of the war but Ibo elite began lobbying Gowon to liberate them from Ojukwu's tyrannical Biafra and Ojukwu knew this and that's why Ojukwu was executing his own war cabinet and officers as Sabos.

Middle belt elements in the Nigerian side agreed with integrating Ibos back into Nigeria because they assumed a bigger Nigeria will protect them as a minority people from the Fulani dominated Muslim north.

The war thus dragged on due to the stubbornness of Ojukwu who will finally run away .

Are u in effect saying Boko Haram was stronger than the Biafra army.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by BeninRefugees: 10:28am On Mar 13
DomPerignon:

Correction .

you gave your own fake hibadan express way Nigerian Biafra war history without addressing what Op asked grin

why haven't Nigeria defeated Boko Haram 15 year now? grin
Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:28am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

Are u in effect saying Boko Haram was stronger than the Biafra army.

Yes.

They are a more formidable for because they are more radically driven .

They are also more committed to their own idealogy unlike Biafra that was based on pure greed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by BeninRefugees: 10:32am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

What is happening 🤔

OP Nigeria unity is tied to SE grin

it's just like how Jesus persecution made Herod and Caesar friends

nobody cares How many people dies in the North
they are of no national value

come SE army are searching all the forest for non existent Ipob

all local arm manufacturers in SE are ipob now grin

in summary Northerners have no value

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:33am On Mar 13
BeninRefugees:

you gave your own fake hibadan express way Nigerian Biafra war history without addressing what Op asked grin

why haven't Nigeria defeated Boko Haram 15 year now? grin

I did .

I concluded my post by stating that Biafra did not stand a chance and that biafraism was driven by pure greed .

BH are more rooted in their radical ideology and are willing to die fighting for it

Can that be said of even Ojukwu who fled or his own cabinet members who betrayed their own country after the coveted Niger Delta was liberated and Biafra limited to the existing five Ibo states ?

Ojukwu even said later on that Biafra can never be feasible because of internal saboteurs and betrayals among his people.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by NOGRUDGES(m): 10:34am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

I think the only way u can finish the war with BH is approach it Stalin way. Joseph Stalin in fighting insurgency in some part of Russia first deported the whole population to Siberia and then gave a marching order to the army that anyone left in that territory are assumed to be terrorist and should be wiped out. By so doing the surge cry ended. He later brought back the deported population and that was how d resurgent ended.

Whether you can do so in this Morden era I believe cannot be possible because of out cry from human rights people.

What if the terrorists have local sympathizers who look up to them as local hero?

Only coordinated community based vigilante groups can champion the cause of eliminating these terrorists. Although there will be innocent casualties, it will not be as much as an all out military attack, because there is no physical war front.
Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:36am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

It's already being done with Israel's conduct in their war with Hamas from where they have declared every Palestinian in Gaza as Hamas and are bombing and killing them indiscriminately .

I believe this method should be adopted against IPOB and any community that houses them.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by KnowAll(m): 10:37am On Mar 13
NOGRUDGES:

What if the terrorists have local sympathizers who look up to them as local hero?

Only coordinated community based vigilante groups can champion the cause of eliminating these terrorists. Although there will be innocent casualties, it will not be as much as an all out military attack, because there is no physical war front.

There is, sambisa forest, and there is a reluctance to go in there and annihilate everything on sight. But human rights issues.
Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:38am On Mar 13
AlexBells:

As long as you still view the SS as your territory to grab and occupy , then it's safe to assume you have not learnt your lessons

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by BeninRefugees: 10:38am On Mar 13
DomPerignon:

I did .

I concluded my post by stating that Biafra did not stand a chance and that biafraism was driven by pure greed .

BH are more rooted in their radical ideology and are willing to die fighting for it

Can that be said of even Ojukwu who fled or his own cabinet members who betrayed their own country after the coveted Niger Delta was liberated and Biafra limited to the existing five Ibo states ?

Ojukwu even said later on that Biafra can never be feasible because of internal saboteurs and betrayals among his people.

yes that's quite alright

Ojukwu knew if he remains the war continues if he leaves the war ends

Biafra war was not anything close to greed but a war to preserve a people being slaughtered all over Nigeria

your fake history have no basis on what happened.

Igbos are the reason Nigeria is One today

1 Like

Re: Biafra War Was 3 Years Boko Haram 17 Years & Counting??? by DomPerignon: 10:41am On Mar 13
KnowAll:

There is, sambisa forest, and there is a reluctance to go in there and annihilate everything on sight. But human rights issues.

Why only Sambisa?

What is good for BH north should also apply to any forest in the SE housing IPOB and communities within a 20mile radius

Since you support genocide and collective punishment being carried out by Pissrael on hapless civilians in Gaza and the Westbank, such treatment should be extended in your SE that habours IPOB terrorists.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MURIC: Your Exams Conducted During Eid-el-fitr Holiday Are Illegal / Video: Edo Woman Finish Reno Omokri With Insult For Talking Carelessly / Femi Pedro And Afikuyomi Stepped Down For Fashola 30 Mins Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.