Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,319 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted (9616 Views)

Selling My Laptop Stand For Coding, I Bought From Amazon (photo). Interested? / Do We Really Have Wizard Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Any Female Programmers In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 02, 2011
I will like to meet that websmile, that bukky should be flogged - she talks more like a lawyer than a programmer *
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2011
@dhtml, and you think trash talking and ego massaging is the way programmers talk? Real programmers let there work do the talking for them. How many times did you see the likes of Patrick Naughton, James Gosling, Larry Page, Sergey Brin etc come out and start boasting of their coding skills? This is the typical mentality of people that have just about enough skills to do a lil' bit of thing here and there and they suddenly think they are one of the greatest coders that ever lived.
@ultragm, you are very wrong there. A good coder is not boss of him/herself. Those two are mutually exclusive. It's a personal decision to go out on your own or choose to work under a company. For example Patrick Naughton and James Gosling were employees of then Microsystems when they developed the java programming language. Don't be so narrow minded my guy.
@Buki, I like your answers so far here, you simply have nothing to prove to anyone or enter competions simply to show you are a coder. Just do your thing the way you know how.

P.S. Am not a coder, am a network engineer and even though some ppl do say I'm good with the little I do, I never brag about it. Am constantly in a learning phase to be better than I was yesterday, cos the time you start bragging, you've closed your mind to a lot of things and will find it hard to learn from novices. Yes trust me, there are things, I learnt from complete noobs simply cos I let them show me somethings they could do.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by ultraGM: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
[size=15pt][center]Ọmọdé Íonse gbogbo wa nìyén That is to say eŕé ọmọdé

There is no way a fellow needs your Help in your Profession and you will over-look it except for a Wicked[/center][/size]
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by yingxuy: 6:24am On Dec 07, 2011
This is why many women do not fare in computer science and engineering. They fare well by counselors and other undertakings, need a little logical thinking.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by coolscott(m): 6:10am On Dec 11, 2011
Our Java faculty in NIIT is a female (and she's beautiful)
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 14, 2011
@all, i am just catching my fun on this thread, please no one should take anything i say on this thread seriously. . . .in reality i have met great female programmers in real life - just saying
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Moderatorr
Your are right. All they think of is fun.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nearly all the women want to go into acting and singing. I think that's where they get their fun.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2012
And they like courses like law where they ave to talk so much.
But programming, hmmn. But its okay. At least I know some female programmers that are whizz.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by ToyosiR(f): 9:07am On Jan 26, 2012
Though, sincerly, Female programmers are not common. but i am One.

I have been programming for 6 years now. I still love it so much that i dont think i can do without it.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2012
grin grin . Take your place girls, take your place in the world of programming!!!
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by tpia1: 9:15am On Dec 04, 2012
hmmm, no low IQ blah blah blah here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. / What Is Xvideoservicethief?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.