Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. (2010 Views)

What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV / What Happened After I Lied On My CV / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Rubyjade: 11:55am On Mar 13
From DM
Good morning, Rj

Please I am currently in a state of dilemma which is;

(1) In my office as an audit trainee in an audit firm, I have a software that can convert both hard & soft copies of bank statement to excel. My madam asked me to give the software but I lied and I told her it was my friends that converted it for me.

My Question is: Should I show her or not. Would they use me and dump me after I show them. Kindly advise
🥺🥺🥺🥺
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Stephen0mozzy: 12:20pm On Mar 13
If just one software is enough to make you feel worthless to the firm, then you need to work on your self esteem mehn.

Sooner or later, they'll Know about the software. A simple google search will show them numerous ways to do it (people are too lazy to do simple google).

You wanna be valuable to your own career? Let them know about the software. Teach them how to do it sef without you..... You'll save the firm hours of work.

Whether or not they show visual gratitude, you will atleast know that you brought an idea that innovated the company's workflow.

Do you know why big firms like OpenAI and google released free versions of ChatGPT amd Gemini and the others? Think Value

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by MMempire(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13
Don't show her.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Iamicekid(m): 3:03pm On Mar 13
Don’t tell them nothing, if you want to tell them they must pay, tell them your friend can teach you but you will have to pay him a certain amount, it’s your service so if they want it that bad let them pay for it at your own price, cause they are also making money based on there knowledge, so you too make money on them based on your knowledge

5 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Rexymania(m): 3:15pm On Mar 13
What if they found out from someone else, they'd think you also naive like them. If you show them, at least they'll know you have something upstairs... Hence they will think it twice before sacking you, except of course you steal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Verbtips(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13
Rubyjade:
From DM
since you told them that it is not your save you integrity by calling it a day
and you suppose know the kind people you dey deal with abi i know your madam

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Juliearth(f): 4:22pm On Mar 13
Rubyjade:
From DM

Don't miss out on the opportunity to add value to your organization. The reward may not be extrinsic, but posterity would reward you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by LoveJesus87(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13
Rubyjade:
From DM
serious using and dumping gidi
Maybe u can try and give them since its not as if u invented it and only u can access it
If its accessible online...then its beyond u give dem so that that innovation can ge credited to u
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by jackie111(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13
Please can I have the software?
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by BigYash: 5:00pm On Mar 13
Your boss is reading this already grin

4 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by MONEY247: 5:52pm On Mar 13
Don't show them....

I was thinking of a way to write codes for me company boss to track drivers movements and vehicles durability... (I am a security guard) but I can code.....I gave it a second thought... they would undermine it....

Let them find out about the software from somewhere else.....and even if they do purporte your own to be better....

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by honour7: 6:02pm On Mar 13
Don't show them, if there is anything to increase your worth in a firm, never disclose such information, let it be that they need to come to you to get it done

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by NomzyJust(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13
But this software is everywhere on the Internet.

I am sure you don't own the software.

You're not loosing anything if you show them because sooner than later they will find out.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by pendusky(m): 6:57pm On Mar 13
Rubyjade:
From DM

Show them ooh, or I will tell them. Tell them now grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Rubyjade: 7:44pm On Mar 13
MMempire:
Don't show her.
Why?
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Rubyjade: 7:47pm On Mar 13
Yes, you can.
jackie111:
Please can I have the software?
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by LOVEGINO(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13
Simple pdf editor/converter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by SouthSouth1914: 8:21pm On Mar 13
Try to show and teach how to do it. Not everything you will make money from. She might someday do a recommendation letter or so for you. Cheers and goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by talk2hb1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13
Rubyjade:
From DM
You mean pdfedit
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Cassandraloius: 9:55pm On Mar 13
Do not show her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by ruggedtimi(m): 6:12am On Mar 14
Rubyjade:
From DM
any big deal about this??most bank statements are in pdf format. So you can simply convert from PDF to Excel for free online.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by BigDawsNet: 8:01am On Mar 14
Rubyjade:
From DM

If you are the owner of these software.. Yes, chances of them using you and duping you is high... companies are cutting down expenses these days due to cost of living...

These software may replace you... that's the fact

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by BigDawsNet: 8:04am On Mar 14
MONEY247:
Don't show them....

I was thinking of a way to write codes for me company boss to track drivers movements and vehicles durability... (I am a security guard) but I can code.....I gave it a second thought... they would undermine it....

Let them find out about the software from somewhere else.....and even if they do purporte your own to be better....

Why don't you build it first! Let it run and deal with the Debuging issues...

Then find one person who is also into coding to help you present it...

Both of you can go to the office together and claim it was combine job...

If you go alone... they will take your software from you and you won't be able to do anything abt it.. and it will generate them millions
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Emmanuel909090: 8:31am On Mar 14
Rubyjade:
From DM

Never ever,I repeat , "NEVER EVER" people are so ungrateful, and once they feel they can do it, then you loose value.

Their is the new trainee in my firm, they want him to learn directly from me, because they always say I do it best.

The young lad I was teaching with my whole heart once told me, he is going to take over from me like play.

But me I don't joke with such things, that was when I started teaching him rubbish grin.

Now he knows a lot of rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by BreconHills(m): 8:51am On Mar 14
honour7:
Don't show them, if there is anything to increase your worth in a firm, never disclose such information, let it be that they need to come to you to get it done

In a world where the cost of information is approaching free?

Is it not better to learn how to use the software very well and then give it away and use it as a channel to temporarily get attention. What he does with that attention is the extent of his actual smarts.

All he needs right now is attention from the right people in the office. Make sure that the person who he gives it too doesn't take the credit.

That's what the cc and bcc buttons on emails are used for.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Rubyjade: 9:05am On Mar 14
Emmanuel909090:

Never ever,I repeat , "NEVER EVER" people are so ungrateful, and once they feel they can do it, then you loose value.

Their is the new trainee in my firm, they want him to learn directly from me, because they always say I do it best.

The young lad I was teaching with my whole heart once told me, he is going to take over from me like play.

But me I don't joke with such things, that was when I started teaching him rubbish grin.

Now he knows a lot of rubbish shocked.

Black man undecided
Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by G12(m): 9:36am On Mar 14
Lol... You want to easily give your job away.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by RepoMan007: 11:00am On Mar 14
Rubyjade:
From DM
don't. They will sack you the day you do anything little. Instead give them one extra reason to have you around until you don't need them again. Then you may decide to show them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:54am On Mar 14
Nothing is hidden under the sun.
You tell them, you no tell them baba if they will sack you they will still sack you.

When they sack you, they will still get the job done and you will have the whole software to yourself.

The reason people keep hiding stuffs is you are trying to prevent competition and still remain relevant, but staying relevant has a lot to do with management.

You are working in an audit firm, my friend stop thinking is a piece of software that would make you relevant.

Management and partnership is what makes you relevant (I am speaking from experience of the inner cactus).

Them go just use work kill you.
Share it so that everyone is self reliant.

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14
Emmanuel909090:

Now he knows a lot of rubbish.

grin grin grin grin

Have you taught of when you grow old ?

Do you still think they will not lay you off?

Accountants and developers has this fear grin grin grin grin.

If you are a mechanic there is no way you will be afraid that someone will replace you (obviously you already know you will be replaced so you have embraced it by teaching people how to do it properly) then you subcontract.

E get one diesel engine mechanic my coursemate works with, Na so the company he used to service for wanted to boycott him, they called the supplier of the engine, a new Volvo engine and the supplier told them if that guy can't fix it then they will have to buy a new one. After them compare cost Na so them Melo go back to their vomit grin grin grin grin baba come add to the bill cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Emmanuel909090: 7:00pm On Mar 14
Obnoxious2001:

grin grin grin grin

Have you taught of when you grow old ?

Do you still think they will not lay you off?

Accountants and developers has this fear grin grin grin grin.

If you are a mechanic there is no way you will be afraid that someone will replace you (obviously you already know you will be replaced so you have embraced it by teaching people how to do it properly) then you subcontract.

E get one diesel engine mechanic my coursemate works with, Na so the company he used to service for wanted to boycott him, they called the supplier of the engine, a new Volvo engine and the supplier told them if that guy can't fix it then they will have to buy a new one. After them compare cost Na so them Melo go back to their vomit grin grin grin grin baba come add to the bill cool

You are right that's why I was eager to teach this guy.

But that statement changed my view, most issues even in marriages sometimes plays out in dating, and we always overlook because of love, and it will finally come hunting soon.

Just know that the respect people accord to you is not because they wish to respect you, but because of what you have acquired.

It could be money, properties, cars, fame, knowledge, once you have that guide it with all your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Show Her Or Not. Would They Use Me And Dump Me After I Show Them. by Emmanuel909090: 7:01pm On Mar 14
Rubyjade:
Black man undecided

No be Black man issue, even whites do that.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For A Challenging I.T. Job / Second Batch For Uba / First Bank Experienced Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.