Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop (18709 Views)

My Wife Blocked Me. / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by HBB1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13
Is he mad?

Block him too naw?

You will meet again at God's feet.

I hate nonsense.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Akinpresident: 10:03pm On Mar 13
MrBrownJay1:
- why didnt you contact him all this time, and explain the situation to him?
- if you cant fulfill your promise to somebody then be honest to them
- who else should he blame then, since you promised him something that you didnt deliver?
- dont you understand why he is upset?

Shut up and just shut up!
Is the entitled brat of a brother his boss that he'll be reporting to?
Obviously, you're one of such brothers who doesn't consider the sacrifices siblings make to meet up with requests.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by ManDemMaCall(m): 10:27pm On Mar 13
Bumbo Clat, Babylon!

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by mariahAngel(f): 10:29pm On Mar 13
Testiebobo:
I promised my brother that i will assist him to get a laptop for his design business by contributing half of the money. Th HP system cost 120K, so i should pay 60k.

But it's over 2months now and the money i was expecting did'nt arrive. He called me yesterday to blame me for being the cause why he had already spent half of his contribution.

The last text he sent to me on whatsapp was"thanks for the delay!". And this morning i discovered he had already blocked me. I only saw my messages on his dm and none of his texts were there.

Older or younger brother?

So, why did you not try calling him first, at least to be sure?
Instead, you brought the matter here so that they can call your brother all sorts of names, just so you can feel good, abi?
It seems your brother was right not to trust you.
I wouldn't if I were him. undecided
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Chikel20000(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13
Ur brother is ur brother....not ur friend or some sort of relations.....u should be concerned about him blocking u.....I get it he acted so immature sha but u bin d elder should correct him n next time dint promise what u can't do....reach out to ur brother man....he's ur blood not some street urchin
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by lilyheaven: 10:42pm On Mar 13
I did exactly what you wrote here, last year .
December last year, my husband auntie, refused picking up my calls or replying my messages.
I kept calling her, until 3 months later she picked, and was vibrating on the phone how my husband and I abandoned her.
The matter weak me,
I’m like, you have grown up children that are working.
My husband is the only person taking care of his parents and siblings including his nuclear family, You still want to force yourself inside.
And here she is transferring aggression to me by not talking to me.
I told her my husband and I are very sorry for everything and everywhere we have wronged her, she should please send her account details.
I sent her some money, though I already budgeted to gift her Christmas gift, I just sent her money, and blocked her immediately.
blackpanthar:

You are a good brother.... but be wise, avoid black tax.

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO PROMISE HIM ANYTHING.... without a TARGET.

I mean you should have told him "IF YOU HAVE THIS AND THAT, THEN I MAY GIVE YOU HALF"

emphasis on MAY.

I believe your cash will come this month.... SEND HIM 61K or 65K.

Then when he is so happy and unblocks you.

FINISH HIM..... CORRECT HIM AND TELL HIM THE EXTRA 1K or 5K was for him to buy wisdom, tell him you will NEVER HELP HIM AGAIN TILL HE IS NO LONGER FEELING ENTITLED and then BLOCK HIM.

Move on... and what how his mind will crumble. grin

being his ELDER BROTHER should be proven by having ability to correct him in a way that will shake his mind grin

kudos bro
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by BigYash: 11:19pm On Mar 13
How is he entitled? Why op go promise wetin he no dey sure of? Make una leave the blocker and the blockee. The blocker thinks blocking his helper will bring the lapy,while the blockee and promisee thinks the brother is entitled. Una see life? grin
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by bluefilm: 11:23pm On Mar 13
Namaster:
When your money comes in, hire a hookup girl with big yansh and bang to your heart's content.

I hate ENTITLED idiots.

You don't owe him YOUR money. Goes to show that the idiot only sees you as an ATM.

In case it's not clear, you did NOT do anything wrong. Circumstances beyond your control caused the delay. It's not like the money is available and you failed to give him.

Your brother is acting like an entitled bitch. Treat him like one.

I wonder what gave you the audacity to call his brother an idiot?

Do you know their history? Do you know their background story?

Don't always be too judgemental until you hear the other side of the story
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by mariahAngel(f): 11:33pm On Mar 13
bluefilm:

I wonder what gave you the audacity to call his brother an idiot?

Do you know their history? Do you know their background story?

Don't always be too judgemental until you hear the other side of the story

Do you blame him?
Blame the op that brought the matter that should've been resolved between him and his brother here. Imagine!

Can someone like the op protect his family? I doubt.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by InvertedHammer: 12:08am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:
I promised my brother that i will assist him to get a laptop for his design business by contributing half of the money. Th HP system cost 120K, so i should pay 60k.

But it's over 2months now and the money i was expecting did'nt arrive. He called me yesterday to blame me for being the cause why he had already spent half of his contribution.

The last text he sent to me on whatsapp was"thanks for the delay!". And this morning i discovered he had already blocked me. I only saw my messages on his dm and none of his texts were there.
/

The good news is that now you have every reason not to give him.

/
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Enculer2: 12:14am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:

You parents raised an entitled little brat of a brother. He is gonna be a liability to you.

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Enculer2: 12:16am On Mar 14
Chikel20000:
Ur brother is ur brother....not ur friend or some sort of relations.....u should be concerned about him blocking u.....I get it he acted so immature sha but u bin d elder should correct him n next time dint promise what u can't do....reach out to ur brother man....he's ur blood not some street urchin

You are weak
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Dididrumz(m): 12:24am On Mar 14
blackpanthar:

You are a good brother.... but be wise, avoid black tax.

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO PROMISE HIM ANYTHING.... without a TARGET.

I mean you should have told him "IF YOU HAVE THIS AND THAT, THEN I MAY GIVE YOU HALF"

emphasis on MAY.

I believe your cash will come this month.... SEND HIM 61K or 65K.

Then when he is so happy and unblocks you.

FINISH HIM..... CORRECT HIM AND TELL HIM THE EXTRA 1K or 5K was for him to buy wisdom, tell him you will NEVER HELP HIM AGAIN TILL HE IS NO LONGER FEELING ENTITLED and then BLOCK HIM.

Move on... and what how his mind will crumble. grin

being his ELDER BROTHER should be proven by having ability to correct him in a way that will shake his mind grin

kudos bro

Drop your number make I buy you 5H airtime.

You're wise.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by ford101: 12:49am On Mar 14
Akinpresident:

Shut up and just shut up!
Is the entitled brat of a brother his boss that he'll be reporting to?
Obviously, you're one of such brothers who doesn't consider the sacrifices siblings make to meet up with requests.
people like you don't no what brotherhood is all about.listen to Andrew tate. Or you don't have a brother or you have half brothers or you are a weak link in the brotherhood.when everyone ll forget you,it's that brotherhood that ll speak and stand if you have a strong link.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by ElliotP: 12:50am On Mar 14
Shebi your phone nor dey delete contact ni, baba abeg delete he contact jor
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by sonofsteven: 1:13am On Mar 14
People telling you your brother has entitlement mentality, block him etc are just being insensitive

Blocking you shows he is angry but on the contrary it's not wise,highest na to ignore you

NEVER MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP,IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AT LEAST INFORM HIM

You told him you were going to give him half of it, so when the complete money got to him, he decided to use that half to do other things since he believed you will give it to him and who knows the level of promise you dropped that gave him that faith where you dey...

Next time, begin your promise with... if this thing clicks,I go give you money or do this

If I get paid,I go give you, and try to keep the person posted like, my friend or brother, omo I never receive the money don't worry,once it comes,I go send am

With this he won't trust and won't wait on you, when he gets the complete money,he'd buy it and move on,he won't be angry

But promising straight up and you no give am heads up for months,haba na you sef if na you, ygo happy? When you have lots to do with money and your big bro promises you something, you decided to trust him and use the remaining to sort other things...

He is exercising his right to be angry

As a senior brother that wants to redeem his worth where he is because apparently you don lose value for him eyes

Call him or visit him and explain why it took long and be sorry for it and tell him that once you have the money, you go still give am even if he doesn't need it,you go give am

Now he will have soft spot and that anger go subside .... the least on your mind na brotherly hate... even if people call you names or insults you, no give in because they won't be your brother or be there for you when you need them

Seek peace

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Tzar(m): 1:46am On Mar 14
Well , to start with that your brother is an entitled brat! For me, I will say good riddance. People like him should be avoided… even if they are related to you by blood.
On the other hand, you didn’t tell us what extent you carried him along when you discovered you couldn’t raise the money. Did you tell him soon enough for him to look for the money elsewhere or you just kept quiet and expected him to understand?

Testiebobo:

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by G12(m): 1:48am On Mar 14
Never make a promise you can't fulfil. Your brother is not feeling entitled.

Your raised his hope too high only to dash it.

You made him trust you and neglect other options he could have explored to raise the money.

He may never trust you or anyone again! And that is a good lesson for him - never to trust anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Enemyofpeace: 2:15am On Mar 14
The battle line has been drawn. Don’t be a carward face him and tackle him. You own him nada.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:
I promised my brother that i will assist him to get a laptop for his design business by contributing half of the money. Th HP system cost 120K, so i should pay 60k. But it's over 2months now and the money i was expecting did'nt arrive. He called me yesterday to blame me for being the cause why he had already spent half of his contribution. The last text he sent to me on whatsapp was"thanks for the delay!". And this morning i discovered he had already blocked me. I only saw my messages on his dm and none of his texts were there.
Did you bother to communicate the part in bold to your brother before he called you up? Or did you think it OK to ghost him and then not expect him to be furious with you for it? undecided
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Anashe: 3:03am On Mar 14
Draslo:
Don't listen to any bastard here. Your brother is your brother. He will be there when nobody else will. He will and can do things for you nobody else can. Find a way to reach equilibrium. He will come back to you.

All those asking you to do despicable things are seriously angry about something in their own life. Don't give them the avenue to transfer their aggression. You sef, this na family matter. No need to bring this here. I'm sure he'd unblock you before this thread reaches the 10th page if it ever gets there

The only sane thing I've read on this topic. Bring your marital or family issues on here and watch them destroy what's left of it. Brother's angry because OP made him a promise. He didn't ask for all the money, because he already has half of it shows he knows what he's doing. OP should have communicated with him about being unable to fulfil his promise. Would have wanted to help with a better laptop but I don't trust most of the sob stories on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Anashe: 3:04am On Mar 14
G12:
Never make a promise you can't fulfil. Your brother is not feeling entitled.

Your raised his hope too high only to dash it.

You made him trust you and neglect other options he could have explored to raise the money.

He may never trust you or anyone again! And that is a good lesson for him - never to trust anyone.

Exactly. And forgetting the fact that he already saved half of the money.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by BigIyanga: 3:29am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:

Tell your brother no be you born him.. na ur parents and therefore, you be no his responsibility. This is the greatest lesson my brother told me… and my cleared real quick😂😂
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by Wisedove(m): 4:38am On Mar 14
If he is your blood brother, you've got no choice than to let it slide. At least he is trying to make a living from the design business, unlike some brothers that does not work and would want to leech on you.
He might be mad because you didn't contact him or pick up his calls during those periods

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by nedekid: 4:40am On Mar 14
MrBrownJay1:
- why didnt you contact him all this time, and explain the situation to him?
- if you cant fulfill your promise to somebody then be honest to them
- who else should he blame then, since you promised him something that you didnt deliver?
- dont you understand why he is upset?
Well said.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by MarketDispatch: 4:52am On Mar 14
blackpanthar:

kudos bro

The start of sibling rivalry...
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by nedekid: 4:52am On Mar 14
Oga, ignore all those talking about entitlement, he is your brother. Family is meant to help family, more so you are direct siblings. You promised him half of the money, he raised half and waiting for yours. You own delayed, he is naturally disappointed because he raised his share and which he has started touching based on yours not comming and possibly increase in price.
I think the major problem is communication. You ought to have explained or informed him the reason for the delay ie money you were expecting did not come or got delayed.
I feel he kept calling but you may have ignored his calls making feel you lead him on cruise.
If it is me ohh (people are different), I will pay for the laptop in full or atleast contribute more than I promised to compensate him.
Your brother is yours, blood is thicker than water. At the end of the day, who else should he run to? Tomorrow it may be your turn to seek assistance from him. As it is said, no man is an island.
One thing I envy is the relationship between my wife and her brother, you cannot break it. I am already seeing signs of that same bond with my kids and I am happy for it.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by nedekid: 4:53am On Mar 14
Wisedove:
If he is your blood brother, you've got no choice than to let it slide. At least he is trying to make a living from the design business, unlike some brothers that does not work and would want to leech on you.
He might be mad because you didn't contact him or pick up his calls during those periods
Correct.
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by kennie2015(m): 4:55am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:

If money is that easy to make, he shouldn't be relying of you for assistance, this is simply an arrogant and entitled mindset, it is good that he already set the boundaries, you cannot die or kill yourself all in the name of being a responsible brother, ignore him as well, he will learn in the hard way, I guess all his needs are been catered for, that is why he cannot relate
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by ussv: 5:20am On Mar 14
Don`t beat yourself up, you did nothing wrong..
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by frozen70(f): 5:23am On Mar 14
Testiebobo:

Just ignore that message from him but don't take it lightly with him

Since he has blocked you, just save your money and when he unblock tans still need the laptop, send that money through any of your sibblings to send to him and keep prove of tranfer

Let that person be your witness that you assisted him to buy laptop
Re: My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp Because Of Laptop by IamAsiri: 5:36am On Mar 14
Harddiskng:
You don’t know what God has done for you by removing a leech from your life.

Let the e-diot go. If he ever unblocks you in future, make sure you block him. That blocking must be permanent.

Hope you can give the same advice or follow it through to the letter if it were to be your brother that was involved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? / Man Calls For Reintroduction Of Ekpo-Nka-Owo Spirit That Punishes Cheating Wives / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.