Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US (20731 Views)

Montana Becomes First US State To Ban Tiktok; Law Likely To Be Challenged / Kevin Mccarthy Wins Vote To Become Speaker Of The US House Of Reps / Trump Pushed Georgia Officials To "Find Votes" To Tilt Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Afrobasic(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13
obedience4:

WHAT am saying is that why will the USA allowed a app that it's version is not acceptable in the host country China.

Why not? China has different rules, therefore they require a different app. Simple.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13
wman:
This might affect Joe Biden's popularity rating among the young Democrats.

Well TikTok will likely sell to another company to avoid a total exit from the US market.
can joe biden control the legislature
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Afrobasic(m): 9:57pm On Mar 13
obedience4:

Smart guy tell us the rules?
WHAT rules, ?
Tell any other forgien app that are not America owned functioning in China,
The reason is simple the Chinese don't want a forgien app to hold its citizens data period.
There was no rules

The India government statement on the banning of tiktok

"The Indian government said the decision to ban the apps was "to protect the data and privacy of its 1.3 billion citizens" and to put a stop to technology that was "stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users' data in unauthorized servers outside India".

You can look the statement up.

Their own rules. Like censoring certain types of information when requested. China is a sovereign nation remember? And keeping data of its citizens in China.

With regards american apps in china, list is too long to complete: Windows, Android, iOS, MacOS, UNIX, MS Teams, IE, Edge, MS office, OneDrive, Firefox, Acrobat reader, Teamviewer, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Winzip, WinRAR, most open source software, and most games, etc.

As for the Indian government statement, that was the excuse they gave. Everyone knows tik tok and other Chinese apps got banned after the border dispute they had with China.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by tuzle(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13
wwwihy:

Chinese government doesn't even allow this TikTok version in China. Also Chinese government banned Facebook, X, YouTube, Instagram and other foreign social media in China. So what is the fuss about?
yeah I agree with u. Him lambasting USA for something china are popular for just doesn't make sense.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Thonee(m): 10:07pm On Mar 13
Good move because China started first by banning other social media platforms like FB, Instagram etc.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by chukwuma88: 10:18pm On Mar 13
I pity all those TikTok celebrities doing tap tap, their source of income about to fade away
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Gboss247(m): 10:26pm On Mar 13
maasoap:

National security my ass. It is all about business competition. It happened with Huwei when the company made breakthrough with 5G technology, now it is about tiktok gaining more popularity than......
It is both national security and business competition
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Krankhead: 10:29pm On Mar 13
BondRiv:
The opinions of the American people do not matter to these politicians. They have their own agenda. Very undemocratic.
Are you in America
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Freak0: 10:29pm On Mar 13
Tick tok is meant for kids and women
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by YourKarma: 10:29pm On Mar 13
Ejiakusmith:
No be news be this nah ..... American has been kicking against TikTok for like 5yrs now since Donald Trump Era ...... everyone in this earth 🌍 knows TikTok extradites information from your phones ......... Except zombies Tinibu 💊 dumb ass followers don't know
Y'all should just shut up if you don't know what to say. Ha! so because US said it, it automatically means it's true? Do you even know the volume of data Facebook and Google extracts from your phones?

A lot of Nigerians are so dumb
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by YourKarma: 10:31pm On Mar 13
Freak0:
Tick tok is meant for kids and women
Kingcalls:

They dint ban it cos its American....they banned it cos of its content ...its full of corrupting and brainwashing.... can't u see that since social media, we lost our morals in this country

I watch videos on tiktok a lot. Most of the content I'm shown is nature documentaries. Tiktok's algorithm shows you videos based on the type of videos you like. If you're seeing videos of dancing ladies, you need to ask yourself some questions.

Ignore all these nonsense excuses the US is giving, the reason they're attacking tiktok is the same reason they attacked Huawei; they're trying every way possible to reduce China's dominance. If tiktok was a US-owned company you won't see US attack them this way

1 Like

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by SpartanJ: 10:31pm On Mar 13
Blackfire:
China is very wicked

If you watch there own tiktok eeeh , very educational

grin
But other countries, na yansh , boobs , dance, mumu then another mumu

Tungwò ren ni hao ma ??

I disagree, I used to believe this as well.

The algorithm works well.

Ensure you watch only short videos on what interest you or adds value to you. You can search for what interest you to avoid time wasting.

The moment a "nonsense" abi "mumu" video pops up...in 2 to 5 seconds move to the next, do this for a couple of minutes, its algorithm will automatically prevent similar videos from coming to you again.

Similar videos to those you love watching will now be lined up for you. You will be amazed when you do this.

You need to ensure you do this everytime you open your TikTok.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by YourKarma: 10:36pm On Mar 13
Artscollection:
They have some good reasons sha after all other apps are banned in China and i can even trust the chinese govt because they can easily have Access to people's data.
Ignorance is truly a disease. So you think the US can't easily have access to your data?
It's pathetic the way Nigerians willingly choose to swallow every crap from the US without thinking
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by PHAYOL81: 10:37pm On Mar 13
Reprisal, I guess.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by emperor4love(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13
wwwihy:

Chinese government doesn't even allow this TikTok version in China. Also Chinese government banned Facebook, X, YouTube, Instagram and other foreign social media in China. So what is the fuss about?
de are not aware dat de app is ban in China de home country
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by YourKarma: 10:38pm On Mar 13
SpartanJ:

I disagree, I used to believe this as well.

The algorithm works well.

Ensure you watch only short videos on what interest you or adds value to you. You can search for what interest you to avoid time wasting.

The moment a "nonsense" abi "mumu" video pops up...in 2 to 5 seconds move to the next, do this for a couple of minutes, its algorithm will automatically prevent similar videos from coming to you again.

Similar videos to those you love watching will now be lined up for you. You will be amazed when you do this.

You need to ensure you do this everytime you open your TikTok.

The person you quoted, and a lot of others, are very ignorant. I see mostly nature documentaries on my tiktok because that's what I watch the most. These ones choose to watch dancing ladies and complain that's what tiktok shows them

1 Like

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by shonepa(m): 10:44pm On Mar 13
China no allow all those social media bullshit, Americans say dem dey against freedom of expression, Now Americans seff won ban Tik Tok.

Now who cum dey against freedom of expression now?

wwwihy:

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by obedience4(m): 10:45pm On Mar 13
YourKarma:

The person you quoted, and a lot of others, are very ignorant. I see mostly nature documentaries on my tiktok because that's what I watch the most. These ones choose to watch dancing ladies and complain that's what tiktok shows them

The USA are not complaining about the content of tiktok but the data it collects from USA citizens,
The parent company that owns tiktok bytedance it's CEO was a former pLA general and has close ties to the communist party in China
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Artscollection: 10:52pm On Mar 13
YourKarma:

Ignorance is truly a disease. So you think the US can't easily have access to your data?
It's pathetic the way Nigerians willingly choose to swallow every crap from the US without thinking

Anu ohia!! Are we arguing about that atleast you can seek redress at court unlike China that don't care about your privacy
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by Kingcalls: 10:55pm On Mar 13
YourKarma:

I watch videos on tiktok a lot. Most of the content I'm shown is nature documentaries. Tiktok's algorithm shows you videos based on the type of videos you like. If you're seeing videos of dancing ladies, you need to ask yourself some questions.

Ignore all these nonsense excuses the US is giving, the reason they're attacking tiktok is the same reason they attacked Huawei; they're trying every way possible to reduce China's dominance. If tiktok was a US-owned company you won't see US attack them this way

Unfortunately a majority of people that watch it have the algorithm pushing it to ass and twerks
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by seunayantokun(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13
USA vs China continues.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by NaijaPrince18: 11:11pm On Mar 13
Who cares?
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by yinkeys(m): 11:48pm On Mar 13
Because it’s not an American app
Lol

1 Like

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by 3seriez(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13
Kingspin:
In China, Facebook and other foreign social media are banned after all.
Banning Tiktok is normal
Tit for tat.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by eallstar: 11:53pm On Mar 13
wwwihy:

Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by BondRiv: 11:53pm On Mar 13
Krankhead:
Are you in America

That is irrelevant. I am expressing my view on a topic. It seems you just discovered the internet.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by occfx: 11:55pm On Mar 13
wwwihy:

Tinubu should ban all of them and approve Bulaba app
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by InvertedHammer: 12:12am On Mar 14
123yes:
Why? Because it is not an American company. Tik Tak is just like YouTube short videos
Tik Tak popularity took Americans by supprised and they are clamouring to Ban it in America Maybe they will succeed this time around. Wicked politicians every where.
/

You are an African so you can never understand.

You swallow every nonsense thrown your way.

China is using a different algorithm for her citizens. YouTube is not available in China.

The two countries know the games they are playing that will be incomprehensible to an average African mind even in a thousand years.

/
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by steeltrust: 12:17am On Mar 14
123yes:
Why? Because it is not an American company. Tik Tak is just like YouTube short videos
Tik Tak popularity took Americans by supprised and they are clamouring to Ban it in America Maybe they will succeed this time around. Wicked politicians every where.
it not about that bro
It more about privacy theft
TikTok is owned by china and china is a friend to Russia

Now do the calculation your self
The more reason they banned Hawaii too
The more information ona American citizens re with these foreign owned companies especially from china is a big risk to Americans

If TikTok wish to remain in America
Let them bring their headquarters to American
Under america law and rules and also pay taxes
And why china go banned Facebook, google, twitter, WhatsApp etc from their internet space
Binance was an example
America no de joke with their enemies especially china and Russia
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by xtian110: 12:59am On Mar 14
Ignorant and foolishness will not be your portion... How's it your Business, you think is like this zoo called country Nigeria that accepts any nonsense... Abeg shift.
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by sonofsteven: 1:17am On Mar 14
123yes:

Have asked yourself why foreign apps and sites other than Chinese owned apps doesn't work in china?

Now you have to buy VPN wey no dey stable so you can access whatsapp etc....
Re: US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US by zinaunreal(m): 1:26am On Mar 14
Blackfire:
China is very wicked

If you watch there own tiktok eeeh , very educational

grin
But other countries, na yansh , boobs , dance, mumu then another mumu

Tungwò ren ni hao ma ??

Do you even research at all? Walking dead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) / Adama Barrow Departs Senegal For Gambia (Photos) / Protesters Destroyed Police Station, Parliament Building In Hongkong (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.