Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic (24904 Views)

FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / Standard Chartered To Replace China Loans For Rail Projects In Nigeria / No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Kukutenla: 6:43pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Your problem is English. flag off does not mean construction has started.
It has started already

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by sulaak(m): 6:44pm On Mar 13
thesicilian:
They no longer call it loans.
You take a loan from China to build infrastructure, and still give the construction contract to China. Thereafter China may still be the one managing and profiting from it until the loan is fully paid, by Which time the infrastructure would have deteriorated to the point that a new loan from China will be needed to repair the place, and guess who the contract goes to...

At least the Chinese will build the infrastructure. All the loans that Nigeria have obtained and ended up in Swiss accounts because it passed through Nigerians government officials
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by being(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13
2 trillion naira for a zero economic value project ?
And then we start paying back again?

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by ipobcannibals: 6:50pm On Mar 13
Beremx:
So las las Tinubu will complete the rail lines from Nigeria to Niger just to please Buhari?
Of what economic importance is the rail lines?

Nigeria is finished
First of all, Nigeria is not finished and here are the economic importance of the railway to Niger republic:
Niger is the fastest growing country in terms of population and with that, there would be huge demand for goods and services, and Nigerian govt can lobby Niger to allow our companies have unfettered access to their market, with less duties/taxes on our products.
Also, France/USA are building a nuclear reactor in Niger, first of its kind in Africa that can power the entire west Africa. Nigeria can gain from this by getting subsidized electricity from the Niger nuclear power reactors.
This is just a few advantages, in midst of many that I can’t list for now. Hopefully these points convince you
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Putindbutt: 6:50pm On Mar 13
Kukutenla:

It has started already
Wetin be this na?, show me a portion of work going on there, upload pictures make we see.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by SunMusk(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13
My brother Buhari should not have happened to Nigeria... I'm still shocked. Even the US doesn't have a rail link to Mexico. Why building a rail link to Niger... It is sad and painful.
Daxray07:
Can somebody remind me how much it'll take to provide stable electricity for the whole of this country? How much to repair all the bad roads and drainage system? How much to repair our refineries to produce enough fuel for our consumption and exportation? How much to pay all the pensioners what they're owed? How much to build a few manufacturing companies to provide jobs for our citizens?

We left all these and decided to build a rail track to Niger republic!!! Of what importance is that to our already dwindling economy? This country is indeed cursed and as far the youths are not ready to fight to take it back from our oppressors we'll all remain in darkness.

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by caye(m): 6:52pm On Mar 13
Day by day, its gradually becoming clear that at a particular time, I might become country less and stateless.

I refuse to share a country with seemingly mad and insane men and women slaves , present and future.

My children must not be slaves.
This thing called Nigeria is destined to be a slave colony of the Chinese, Indians and the Caucasians. I didn't ask for it, but now I have to accept the reality.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by franudi: 6:52pm On Mar 13
I want to believe that south east is not part of Nigeria.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by sulaak(m): 6:53pm On Mar 13
chiefolododo:
Buhari through amaechi was borrowing money from China for white Elephant projects. You can now see where we are today

This one has started borrowing money again!!

The Lagos to Ibadan and Kaduna to Abuja are not white elephants.

If only Buhari had removed oil subsidies in 2016 and stopped borrowing $8 billion to fund the waste and corrupt fuel subsidies, and invested that fund into infrastructure, today, Nigeria would be a different story.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Ofunaofu: 6:59pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu is always ahead of his mediocre political opponents.

His political opponents, the naysayers and unpatriotic elements are so clueless and filled with so much negativity and bigotry that they had no clue, didn't see this surprise coming that this is part of the reasons he lifted the sanctions.

Asiwaju will always be ahead of you. $1.3 billion inflow is huge! So much jobs to be created and Niger Republic can now be using mostly our ports in Lagos including the Lekki deep seaport, to import all their national import needs and sea freight. Congrats Nigeria.

God bless you my dear brilliant, visionary and hardworking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

For the unteenth time, kindly concentrate on selling your free stuffs.Β 

Your attempt to whitewash Tinubu is counterproductive.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by JimD(m): 7:01pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:

His political opponents, the naysayers and unpatriotic elements are so clueless and filled with so much negativity and bigotry that they had no clue, didn't see this surprise coming that this is part of the reasons he lifted the sanctions.

Asiwaju will always be ahead of you. $1.3 billion inflow is huge! So much jobs to be created and Niger Republic can now be using mostly our ports in Lagos including the Lekki deep seaport, to import all their national import needs and sea freight. Congrats Nigeria.

God bless you my dear brilliant, visionary and hardworking President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Low IQ

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by darediamond(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:

God should bless a Mediocre President that Takes Orders from I.M.F and World Bank to weaken the Naira in favour of Imperial Nations Who Promotes Bondage and Under-development in Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Gbeng30(m): 7:11pm On Mar 13
Means to steal money, bunch of corrupt people
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Kukutenla: 7:16pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Wetin be this na?, show me a portion of work going on there, upload pictures make we see.
But you believe Tinubu has secured $1.3bn funding for the project without seeing pictures
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by ClearFlair: 7:17pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:

Shame no dey catch you

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:22pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:

Dude you are so childish walahi. did you read where the project is wholly financed by borrowed money 85% from China 15% from Afdb. This is another debt burden bro. what remain is for you to lick Tinubu's a****s. Fear God oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:24pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Eyimba Economic City is being built by Indians, it is funded through loan facility, guess what, Indians are not only building EEC but they have already allocated a large portion of the land to themselves, indians are going to dominate and control EEC, that's the terms of the contract. Your Governors enslave you to foreigners but you're not bothered about that instead you're bothered about a project that would be built by China and 100% operated by Nigeria.

You are seriously on cheap drugs. Operated by Nigeria is the revenue in Nigeria or used to pay back loans. You people are just damn dense, you keep bringing in tribalism, while these leaders have mortgaged your future all through and through.

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:25pm On Mar 13
Golan007:

Only projects in the East have economic importance.

Is he talking about east or is your conscience worrying you? Try and have sense naaa

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Putindbutt: 7:26pm On Mar 13
Kukutenla:

But you believe Tinubu has secured $1.3bn funding for the project without seeing pictures
Dude, did you go to school?. Was that the first time we see projects flag off and nothing on ground? Abeg park well.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Fkmodhi: 7:26pm On Mar 13
Now mannabbq useless darling daddy can now travel to Niger.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:28pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Ipob, what's your business with Nigeria?, face your landlocked country.

you are not sensible.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:30pm On Mar 13
Pristine664:

One of the Slaves from SE spotted

πŸ˜‚

You are a slave own your shit and stop transferring to someone else.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:30pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Little boy that can feed your mom. Go to the site and upload pictures of work going on there, let's see. A project that has not kickstarted.

Shut up
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:32pm On Mar 13
Bluntemperor:

A very good question this govt should tell Nigerians!
What has been the Contribution of Niger to Nigeria here and at whose interest is all this ( completion) of Railway?
If the Niger Republic knows that it is important to Nigeria, they wouldn't even try to brag of living the ECOWAS!
Besides,is this Not what the Northerners wants - 'open the Niger borders',so that their activities would continue!
If Tinubu opens this borders,all other borders should equally open for the Masses,so that things - especially Foodstuffs become cheaper to import into Nigerian because telling Nigerians here - that you want to receive some ($) Dollars,is not enough reasons!

Alas someone that thinks not that unfortunate FreestuffNG guy.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Putindbutt: 7:32pm On Mar 13
Believeintruth:

You are seriously on cheap drugs. Operated by Nigeria is the revenue in Nigeria or used to pay back loans. You people are just damn dense, you keep bringing in tribalism, while these leaders have mortgaged your future all through and through.
No, the revenue is in biafra. Your governors have mortgage the future of your children's children but that does not worry you, muntula.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Believeintruth: 7:38pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

No, the revenue is in biafra. Your governors have mortgage the future of your children's children but that does not worry you, muntula.

Dude stop talking like a preteen human being. You are really a disgrace to the male folk with this rubbish coming from your head.

1 Like

Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Kukutenla: 7:40pm On Mar 13
Putindbutt:

Dude, did you go to school?. Was that the first time we see projects flag off and nothing on ground? Abeg park well.
Don't be intentionally obtuse
Is this the first time we're seeing claims that turned out to be false?
Who can forget UAE visa disgrace
Abeg shift!!
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Pristine664: 7:43pm On Mar 13
Believeintruth:

You are a slave own your shit and stop transferring to someone else.

Yet my people keep ruling your parents while you cry marginalisation and nepotism day and night πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Putindbutt: 7:53pm On Mar 13
Kukutenla:
Don't be intentionally obtuse Is this the first time we're seeing claims that turned out to be false? Who can forget UAE visa disgrace Abeg shift!!
Thls one is sick.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Putindbutt: 7:56pm On Mar 13
Believeintruth:

Dude stop talking like a preteen human being. You are really a disgrace to the male folk with this rubbish coming from your head.
Enter psychiatric ward, abeg.
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by Honestey: 7:59pm On Mar 13
"Nigeria secures $1.3 billion funding loan? for rail link to Niger Republic...."
Re: Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic by ttobizz(m): 8:16pm On Mar 13
FreeStuffsNG:

All this propaganda should stop please.
The project was inherited from the previous administration.
1.3billion inflow, how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Has Not Called Us - Family Of Man Killed By Her Orderly / Wike Sets Up N50M For Baby Whose Parents Were Killed By Don Wanny's Gang. Photos / Okorocha On Ahiajoku Lecture: Ihedioha Gathered PDP Chieftains To Abuse Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.