Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO (26746 Views)

Access Holdings To Acquire National Bank Of Kenya Limited / Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO / Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by datola: 9:42am On Mar 14
Hmmm....
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by predictor1: 9:47am On Mar 14
WhizdomXX:
Good God. I hope Chief Herbert's death wasn't scripted.
Which "script"? Aig-Imhoukhede is replacing One Alhaji Jimoh as Chairman. He's not replacing Wigwe who was CEO. Wigwe has already been replaced by a woman.

16 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Jman06(m): 9:50am On Mar 14
Wawelexy:

It's actually not bad if you did well in a position, and after some years you are being beckoned on to take the leadership mantle again.

If it's your own company, would you have chosen a rookie over an experience person with a record of success to oversee a sensitive position like that?

Congrats to him
How would you know that there are people who can outperform him if you refuse to give others the opportunity
This is why stagnation has been the order of the day in Nigeria! Always recycling those who never really made great impacts!

Congrats to him though

1 Like

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Jayhome24: 9:54am On Mar 14
thesicilian:

That was what I thought too
I was like, is there no younger visionary person that can be promoted to that position?

Young visionary you say? Promoted to where? Is that how private business throw promotion anyhow? Visionary young dude with obidieents mindsets ba, who will be elected as Head amd started insulting, bullying everybody and disrespected everyone or like Emefiewerey who indirectly sponsoring terrorism and did painting of our money ba?

Pls say something else.

3 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by agabusta: 9:54am On Mar 14
Kingcalls:
That was the plan

Which plan?? He's a Non Executive Chairman.

3 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by agabusta: 9:55am On Mar 14
Appletek:
He's back to plan proper succession and midwife the next set of leaders.

You are very right. He holds significant stake and therefore very influential in the next direction the bank goes.

3 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by RodgersAkpafu: 9:55am On Mar 14
Jayhome24:

Young visionary you say? Promoted to where? Is that ow private business throw promotion anyhow? Visionary young dude with obidieents mindsets ba, Who will be elected as Head amd started insulting, bullying everybody and disrespected everyone or like Emefiewerey who indirectly sponsoring terrorism and did painting of our money ba?

Pls say something else.

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Wawelexy(m): 10:00am On Mar 14
Jman06:
How would you know that there are people who can outperform him if you refuse to give others the opportunity
This is why stagnation has been the order of the day in Nigeria! Always recycling those who never really made great impacts!

Congrats to him though

A position as sensitive as that isn't meant for trial, if at all you have to change someone in such position, he/she must be someone who really understands the structure and must have cimb the ladder of hierarchy to atleast a position that's 1 or 2 lesser in rank to that of the chairman, and I want to believe that the Access board has done maximum scrutiny and couldn't find someone worthy enough, reason why they had to go and call someone out of retirement to fill the vacuum.

It's no child's play, they know better than you do

6 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by RepoMan007: 10:01am On Mar 14
FreeStuffsNG:
Leadership beckons on him once again.

The good thing is that it's not like he left like that, he was just officially no longer at the forefront. The Access Group is lucky to have him. Adieu Wigwe. Your legacy lives on.
was never grabbed like your ogas own.

2 Likes

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by IMPARTIAL: 10:02am On Mar 14
He knows that Access can never be Access if he or late Herbert is not in charge.

He forgets that God can call him tonight.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Jman06(m): 10:06am On Mar 14
Wawelexy:

A position as sensitive as that isn't meant for trial, if at all you have to change someone in such position, he/she must be someone who really understands the structure and must have cimb the ladder of hierarchy to atleast a position that's 1 or 2 lesser in rank to that of the chairman, and I want to believe that the Access board has done maximum scrutiny and couldn't find someone worthy enough, reason why they had to go and call someone out of retirement to fill the vacuum.

It's no child's play, they know better than you do
They might not really have done any scrutiny! Such positions are just political! A lot of political fireworks take place underground and those who play better get appointed! It has little to do with competence!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by observanc1: 10:08am On Mar 14
IMPARTIAL:
He knows that Access can never be Access if he or late Herbert is not in charge.

He forgets that God can call him tonight.
he didnt replace wigwe, a woman did.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Wawelexy(m): 10:10am On Mar 14
Jman06:
They might not really have done any scrutiny! Such positions are just political! A lot of political fireworks take place underground and those who play better get appointed! It has little to do with competence!

Lol... I find this very funny... Politics you say?

Maybe you have forgotten that this guy and Wigwe are part, if not the key player of the Access Holdings...

Competence is one thing, and Experience is for sure another... It is cool to be competent, but never will competence rob shoulder with experience in a scheme of work. Experience will surely and definitely excel if that happens.

Have you even thought of the name, reputation, influence and authority this man will command? Compared to a newbie... Access will never jeopardize their standard all in the name of trial, you and I know how competitive this industry is here in Nigeria, most especially in the Forex trade.

I believe they went for the best bet.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:18am On Mar 14
Namaster:
Despite it's kinetic connotation, power is EXTREMELY stagnant. It's wield by the same small group of people over extended periods of time.

The CEO of 2002 is back as the Chairman of 2024.

The same thing is obtainable in politics and everywhere power is brokered. Same people control it.

The idea, of course, is that these people are MORE competent because of their experience. Nonsense!

There are ALWAYS people more competent that those who wield power. But the wielders of power hold it CAPTIVE. Never letting go. Turning the very force of nature into something stagnant to be used for their sole benefit.

Anyway, congratulations to him. But they should try to bring new people in. Stop trying to recapture the glory of days long gone.

The experience worth it.

Experience over inexperience

1 Like

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by TruthsFM: 10:26am On Mar 14
Good one from him
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Sirmwill: 10:27am On Mar 14
ifeanyija:
Is anonymous right?

Seems so oo

😢
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by OBTOREPA(m): 10:37am On Mar 14
ifeanyija:
Is anonymous right?
I'm thinking so right now because is getting clearer
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by ConfidentialDoc: 10:40am On Mar 14
Kingcalls:
That was the plan

Please tell us, what was the plan ?
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by OBTOREPA(m): 10:40am On Mar 14
There was an anonymous allegations on this man on Wigwe's demise to take over from him.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Svoboda(m): 10:42am On Mar 14
Wawelexy:

Lol... I find this very funny... Politics you say?

Maybe you have forgotten that this guy and Wigwe are part, if not the key player of the Access Holdings...

Competence is one thing, and Experience is for sure another... It is cool to be competent, but never will competence rob shoulder with experience in a scheme of work. Experience will surely and definitely excel if that happens.

Have you even thought of the name, reputation, influence and authority this man will command? Compared to a newbie... Access will never jeopardize their standard all in the name of trial, you and I know how competitive this industry is here in Nigeria, most especially in the Forex trade.

I believe they went for the best bet.

The appoinment is just a face value, arm chair appointment. A non executive chairman holds no significant power. The power resides with the ceo of the company. His appoinment, i believe, is merely to portray stability and reinforce confidence in shareholders under the present circumstance, considering
that he was part of the synonymity of the bank. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Maroshak: 10:43am On Mar 14
Namaster:
Despite it's kinetic connotation, power is EXTREMELY stagnant. It's wield by the same small group of people over extended periods of time.

The same thing is obtainable in politics and everywhere power is brokered. Same people control it.

The idea, of course, is that these people are MORE competent because of their experience. Nonsense!

There are ALWAYS people more competent that those who wield power. But the wielders of power hold it CAPTIVE. Never letting go. Turning the very force of nature into something stagnant to be used for their sole benefit.

Anyway, congratulations to him. But they should try to bring new people in. Stop trying to recapture the glory of days long gone.

Don't say something you're not authority of. Aig is a wizard when it comes to banking and finance. In fact, he's an asset every group would want to have. I'm sure you would not want a business he help build together with late Wife, mismanaged and run aground because of some incompetent hands. Like somebody said, he never really left access bank. He has been managing it with late Wigwe until his demise. In fact, hardly would Wigwe takes any decision without consulting with Aig.

I was privileged to work with Aig at Coronation group. So, I can relate better. He is a man of many parts

I

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by yewit37486: 10:44am On Mar 14
Nigerians and conspiracy theories, smh.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by itsene: 10:50am On Mar 14
Svoboda:

The appoinment is just a face value, arm chair appointment. A non executive chairman holds no significant power. The power resides with the ceo of the company. His appoinment, i believe, is merely to portray stability and reinforce confidence in shareholders under the present circumstance, considering
that he was part of the synonymity of the bank. .
What "significant power" do you want him to have?
Portray stability reinforce confidence are all unimportant!
My people, haba.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On Mar 14
Does the AIG mean he was Assistant Inspector General or is it just abbreviation?
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by frog12: 11:08am On Mar 14
from whom? and for what?
i suspected he will come back

OBTOREPA:
There was an anonymous allegations on this man on Wigwe's demise to take over from him.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by FameGlory(m): 11:19am On Mar 14
This was posted some months back.

Hmmm....it is well.

May God save us.

1 Like

Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by tellwisdom: 11:37am On Mar 14
Group of manipulative thrives. Na who de envy una I de pity.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by okpurukata(f): 11:52am On Mar 14
FameGlory:
This was posted some months back.

Hmmm....it is well.

May God save us.

Where was this posted please.
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by ceragon123: 12:33pm On Mar 14
Where is Erastus Akingbola?
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by Krankhead: 12:59pm On Mar 14
Namaster:

That's exactly what I have been saying. Does it mean there is no other qualify person that made Access Bank to go back and bring him back. So that shows why unemployment is on the rise.some people will still be praising him
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by thesicilian: 1:17pm On Mar 14
Jayhome24:

Young visionary you say? Promoted to where? Is that how private business throw promotion anyhow? Visionary young dude with obidieents mindsets ba, who will be elected as Head amd started insulting, bullying everybody and disrespected everyone or like Emefiewerey who indirectly sponsoring terrorism and did painting of our money ba?

Pls say something else.

Lol
Wetin bring obidients come this issue na? grin grin grin
Re: Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO by frog12: 1:22pm On Mar 14
nonsense. he founded the bank. he has a reason to make sure the bank does not fail

Krankhead:
That's exactly what I have been saying. Does it mean there is no other qualify person that made Access Bank to go back and bring him back. So that shows why unemployment is on the rise.some people will still be praising him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Banks Still Collecting Old Naira? / Cost Of Living In Lagos, Nigeria / Shopping Center In Aba, Abia Flooded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.