Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

The Most Backward State In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (18268 Views)

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE / What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2011
Which states would u̶̲̥̅̊​ vote as the most backward state in nigeria in terms of physical and human development?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2011
I think zamfara state is the undisputed champin in this regard
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2011
taraba state
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by edoyad(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2011
It will be hard to judge this one since record keeping isn't exactly our forte in these parts. But let me help you, why don't you draw up a number of indices on various sectors which we can use to judge the best or worst state ? For example :
i. Education - rate of literacy. ii. Health care - access to health facilities, mother/infact mortality rate etc.
iii. Roads
iv. Employment rate
v. Housing
vi. Basic amenties
vii. Security - crime rate, level of violence.
ix. Freedom- in terms of women and religion.
The list can go on. Score each state on these variables and see who's scores highest or lowest.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Beaf: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2011
I don't think it is fair or nice to ask for the most backward state.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by edoyad(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2011
@beaf i think you're right. The term "most backward" is a bit unfair, may be we should say 'least developed'.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Areosapien(f): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2011
Backward? That's hard to tell, as the 'failure championship' isn't completely lifted by just one administrative region. You'd have to split them up according to infrastructure, health policies, security, etc.

On the health department, I'd say it's a tie between Kano and Sokoto, as a result of their poor handling of the Polio and Leprosy problems. I mean, come on, na ancient diseases still dey give us hard time today? Lord.

In terms of infrastructure, I'll say Zamfara, Yobe, Ebonyi, Ekiti, Kebbi, Sokoto, Katsina, Bayelsa, Bauchi,
Them plenty sef.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2011
The least in human development is Lagos. Motorists drive as if they are possessed. Accused persons hire praise singers to court while those suspected of stealing chewing gum are barbecued. Resident defaecate anywhere and nobody cares. Everybody is in hurry but nobody is going anywhere.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2011
Ok let's judge based  the folloimng indices: health,education,roads,unemployment rate, security and availability of social amenities. Based on these i think zamfara will still tops d charts cos apart 4rm security,zamfara state ranks very low on the provision of the other things
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2011
It;s definitely one of the northern states. I think Zamfara and some other northern states are somewhere down the ladder. In the south, Ekiti, Bayelsa and Ebonyi seem kinda backward. These 3 states have something in common, they were all formed in 1996.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by edoyad(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2011
So you all have chosen Zamfara, Taraba, Ebonyi, Ekiti and Bayelsa. All those states were created by Sani Abacha if i'm not mistaken making them the youngest states in the country.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by muyoto: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2011
@OP why not create a poll?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by HighChief4(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ekiti tops my list
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by dustydee: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2011
don mexy:

I think zamfara state is the undisputed champin in this regard
Ever been to Zamfara? I don't think so. The least developed I have been to is Kogi. Lokoja the capital is nothing to write home about.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
High_Chief:

Ekiti tops my list

LOL. grin grin grin

You and Okija_juju, you guys have any beef with Ekiti state? grin grin grin

Don't let Ileke see this post, grin grin grin
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by publisher(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2011
[size=15pt]1.Ekiti
2.Zamfara
3.Yobe
4.Ebonyi
5.Osun

In that order[/size]
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by olawalebabs(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
edoyad:

So you all have chosen Zamfara, Taraba, Ebonyi, Ekiti and Bayelsa. All those states were created by Sani Abacha if i'm not mistaken making them the youngest states in the country.
POC, Abacha did not create taraba. IBB did create it from the old gongonla state . @topic, it will have been better if we make it a poll
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
Mind-wise or infrastructure wise, you fit carry monkey go city,
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Funkymallam(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
@all of u calling Zamfara, kano and other northern states. I doubt if u guys v ever been these places b4.
U need figures and parameters to measure these things, not just dat u fink Zamfara is a sharia state, so no good tin comes out of it. Haba
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
If backwardness means lack of money, then Nigeria itself is a backward country!!!!

The states being listed here are some of the least financially bouyant, which means if you are poor, you are backward, right?
Least developed might be a better word, but then Nigeria is not a developed country either!!
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by joaoche(f): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2011
grin
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Lagos

Has a lot of educated citizenry
Yet no government to show for it

How backward is that?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
Definitely in the north.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by nasoeb: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
ekiti
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
nasoeb:

ekiti

LWKMD!! grin
OMG

Straight up ehn?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by vinkela(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
As far as BACKWARDNESS is concerned, Abia state is the first with no state qualified to be the second. I can prove it no matter the the parameter you measure it by
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Andrew3(m): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
bayelsa angry angry angry
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2011
Na wa o! See as everybody just dey mention ekiti,where ileke idi and ekt bear dey sef?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
vinkela:

As far as BACKWARDNESS is concerned, Abia state is the first with no state qualified to be the second. I can prove it no matter the the parameter you measure it by

you don't know what you are talking about.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by danny212: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
::Andrew:::

bayelsa angry angry angry
so bayelsa is that backward ?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by sheyguy: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2011
The idea of the "most backward" state will be the state with the most untapped and under-utilized potential or the state that has gone backwards most. For me that state can be DELTA, OYO, EDO, ANAMBRA or even LAGOS.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ok its obvious ekiti, zamfara, taraba, kogi, ebonyi Я̩̥̊ the top five from the posts I've read S̶̲̥̅☺ far.S̶̲̥̅☺ let's put it †☺ ​α vote.pls select one from the aforementioned states.as for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ zamfarA is still no 1, @funkymallam, Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ I've been †☺ zamfarA n lokoja.u̶̲̥̅̊​ can't even compare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate / Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... / Buratai Receives Nigerian Soldier Who Won Lagos International Boxing Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.