Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. (31643 Views)

PCOD/PCOS Full Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss | How To Lose Weight Fast With PCOS / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS / Scent Leaf For Cough And Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:39pm On Mar 24
DrAda:
It's sad that you are bringing this up here
wrong .. most are getting educated by this thread thanks to op..
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24
mdfash:
They need to give her Metformin 500mg twice daily
lol .. she's not diabetic, oga!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

What symptoms
She's not having irregular menstruation according to the Op
ASK HER TO GO FOR A PELVIC ULTRASOUND..
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:57pm On Mar 24
Nnekalora68:
Whatever that can take care of ovarian cysts will take care of it
they're two different situation
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 11:02pm On Mar 24
Hagiazomakai:
Get 2 sachet of Levofem and let her use it for 60 day,her menstrual flow will be regular and she will ovulate and conception will come
those are contraceptives

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Digmygold: 11:38pm On Mar 24
beekind:

Thank you for your response.......
She can conceive albeit through medical intervention. She should take Evening Primrose for Hormonal Imbalance.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by JOGICE(m): 1:16am On Mar 25
TheRealestGuy:

Go see a doctor, that's the first thing.

However, from personal experience with my lady, what we did was get her to start eating and living healthier.

If your wife is overweight, she also needs to work on that. Also, she can start taking herbs like turmeric, ginger, garlic etc. Then she can start taking folic acid.

These are the things we did and our baby is due in the next few days.

Great to see you heeded good advice and went ahead with marrying the woman you obviously love.

Wishing you all the very best!

I'm available if you want to chat more regarding this.

Cheers.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by toujurs: 3:18am On Mar 25
beekind:
I am about to get married to a 28 year old lady whom I love so much but has been diagnosed with PCOS.
Menstruation is regular.
Anyone here with experience dealing with this condition and able to achieve successful conception should provide some guidance on how they went about it.

Thank you and God bless.
Drop her, don't give your self unnecessary stress. You don't need these stress and distractions so you could have properties for your kids to inherit.

Look for a better lady, and get married to her.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Mightyify(m): 4:59am On Mar 25
beekind what your wife has is PCO and PCOS. Unfortunately many doctors don't know the difference. I will encourage you to research on it yourself. Yes PCO is pretty easy to manage and chances of pregnancy is normal. Your wife will be placed on drugs that handle the follicles issues... you can also Google and get the medication yourself. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by onumadu: 8:44am On Mar 25
otherway:

Ofcourse she did habba.. She even did surgery.

What was the surgery about?
Because as far as I know, PCOS cannot be surgically corrected unless she had demoid cysts in her Corpus luteum which needed to be surgically removed.
I tend to believe that PCOS is mostly diagnosed in "older women" : eg women above 20 (but often above 25) that have tried and failed to get pregnant.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by beekind: 10:01am On Mar 25
Mightyify:
beekind what your wife has is PCO and PCOS. Unfortunately many doctors don't know the difference. I will encourage you to research on it yourself. Yes PCO is pretty easy to manage and chances of pregnancy is normal. Your wife will be placed on drugs that handle the follicles issues... you can also Google and get the medication yourself. Goodluck
Hi, thank you for your insightful comment.
Like I said, her cycle is pretty regular 29 - 31 days.
Just that pelvic scan shows multiple follicles with "string of pearls" appearance which is said to be suggestive of pcos.

But I now understand that it's possible to have multiple follicles in the ovary with the "string of pearls thing" and not have pcos.
Especially if periods are regular and ovulation is also confirmed via progesterone.

i'd like to reach you further on this if you don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by otherway: 10:14am On Mar 25
onumadu:

What was the surgery about?
Because as far as I know, PCOS cannot be surgically corrected unless she had demoid cysts in her Corpus luteum which needed to be surgically removed.
I tend to believe that PCOS is mostly diagnosed in "older women" : eg women above 20 (but often above 25) that have tried and failed to get pregnant.

Yes some funny looking stuffs were removed. (can't post it here)
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by pussyAvenger: 10:43am On Mar 25
okoliobinna84:
For those that are not familiar, it is Initialism for posterior capsular opacification
You're wrong
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Upaka(f): 11:07am On Mar 25
bcomputer101:
With my experience in medical field, take note that the chances are very low.

That means she must have two of the following criteria: 1- irregular ovulation, which is usually indicated by an irregular menstrual cycle or a lack of a cycle. 2- She has signs of increased androgen levels or a blood test confirming you have increased levels. multiple small cysts on the ovaries.
She's more likely to develop certain serious health problems, which include type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, problems with the heart and blood vessels, and uterine cancer. In this case, have it in mind that you may have to go through artificial fertilization (IVF) in future which is 50/50.

But in all, there's nothing God cannot do. She may not even have any of those issues and conceive easily.

Why lay curses on the woman?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by KompleteCare: 12:22pm On Mar 25
beekind:
I am about to get married to a 28 year old lady whom I love so much but has been diagnosed with PCOS.
Menstruation is regular.
Anyone here with experience dealing with this condition and able to achieve successful conception should provide some guidance on how they went about it.

Thank you and God bless.

Hello, we have a digital product you can gift your wife to be to help her scale through this PCOS, and i can assure you that ou have nothing to fear. Here is the link to the ebook https://kompletecare.com/lm/pcos.

Talk to a qualified doctor who can provide you with accurate information. To easily connect with our doctor for a confidential consultation, send us a WhatsApp message on this number 08174290703.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Dejavu44: 2:30pm On Mar 25
hmm.. please are you saying regular sex causes low sperm count or because of the pcos
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm. The poster above me should stop spreading his ignorance. I married my wife a virgin and after 12 months of marriage without conception we went to the hospital and boom she had PCOS.

Luckily for us we commenced treatment immediately and after 3 years she became pregnant.

OP, it’s a tough journey but if you truly love her like you said do other tests and if you have the money do lap and dye to ascertain if her tubes are patent. More importantly, let her avoid taking of clomide and other related drugs for a long period because such drugs predisposes women to ovarian cancer.

Before I sign out, since you said she’s a virgin and you have not devoured her please let her get proper medical care before you start dividing in to avoid low sperm count. Ignore this at your own peril
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Esthered: 7:00pm On Mar 25
Acidosis:

There are more important things God wants Christians to do, but "replenishing" the earth with potential candidates of hell isn't one.

Please expatiate.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 10:58pm On Mar 25
Esthered:

Please expatiate.

Ahaha... Esther ooo.

Okay, here is the thing. God obviously loves children since the Bible says that they are His heritage. What that verse means is that children are given to us to nurture, love, show care, and lead to eternal life since they know nothing about God or His kingdom. When we take out that "eternal life," "love," and "care" responsibilities out of the way, then the whole idea of birthing more children becomes meaningless to God. It probably just becomes a biological or social exercise, just like buying a piece of cake to feel good or a pension plan to escape poverty, depression, and loneliness in old age (like most Nigerians do anyway).

...But that's my interpretation of the scriptures. I don't know, but your MOGs may hold a different view. grin
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Esthered: 10:49am On Mar 26
Acidosis:

Ahaha... Esther ooo.

Okay, here is the thing. God obviously loves children since the Bible says that they are His heritage. What that verse means is that children are given to us to nurture, love, show care, and lead to eternal life since they know nothing about God or His kingdom. When we take out that "eternal life," "love," and "care" responsibilities out of the way, then the whole idea of birthing more children becomes meaningless to God. It probably just becomes a biological or social exercise, just like buying a piece of cake to feel good or a pension plan to escape poverty, depression, and loneliness in old age (like most Nigerians do anyway).

...But that's my interpretation of the scriptures. I don't know, but your MOGs may hold a different view. grin

This your view get as e be. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26
Esthered:

This your view get as e be. Thanks for sharing.

What are your thoughts?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Esthered: 6:34pm On Mar 26
Acidosis:

What are your thoughts?

I don't know as the same children still turn out to be pain either through health related issues or deviance that culminates if not controlled to negative statistics.

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Akposkiz: 9:44pm On Mar 26
Hmmm! It's well.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26
Esthered:

I don't know as the same children still turn out to be pain either through health related issues or deviance that culminates if not controlled to negative statistics.

Solid points, here.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by temi4fash(m): 10:52am On Apr 07
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm. The poster above me should stop spreading his ignorance. I married my wife a virgin and after 12 months of marriage without conception we went to the hospital and boom she had PCOS.

Luckily for us we commenced treatment immediately and after 3 years she became pregnant.

OP, it’s a tough journey but if you truly love her like you said do other tests and if you have the money do lap and dye to ascertain if her tubes are patent. More importantly, let her avoid taking of clomide and other related drugs for a long period because such drugs predisposes women to ovarian cancer.

Before I sign out, since you said she’s a virgin and you have not devoured her please let her get proper medical care before you start dividing in to avoid low sperm count. Ignore this at your own peril

This means that PCOS can cause Low Sperm Count in the male if he continues having sex with her.
From your last paragraph.

Is that what you mean?

Thank you for your submission
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Konquest: 6:14pm On Apr 21
beekind:
Menstruation is regular.

Thank you and God bless.
An insightful thread on PCO/PCOS case studies. I read through it and found that there were variegated but high quality answers provided here by even members of NL who are professionals in the medical field so I do NOT have to add any more advice here.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Listeriosis Outbreak: WHO Warns Nigeria, 15 Other African Countries / Facemasks: Abia Awaits NCDC’s Approval To Roll Out Nationwide Distribution / Cure For Herpes Simplex (hsv 1 And Hsv 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.