Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,928 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. (31652 Views)

PCOD/PCOS Full Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss | How To Lose Weight Fast With PCOS / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS / Scent Leaf For Cough And Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Kukutente23: 12:47pm On Mar 24
Eriokanmi:
With a proper laparascopic procedure, she will give birth guy. Just consult a Gynaecologist and hand over the rest to God.

PCOS or PCOD is an ovarian disease which forms like bubbles around it. The laparascopic instrument called a PCOD Needle will be needed to pierce those bubbles or cysts. With proper handling and medication, she's good to go
It no reach that level bros

Ovulation induction drugs are available cheaply
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Dshocker(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24
dealslip:

They are not talking to you. They are talking to people who have expert opinion.

I wasn't talking to you either, that was why i specifically tagged the OP.

SO MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Alfred200825(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24
OG wetin be PCOS again?

Me: Normal Polycystic ovary syndrome na.

Bros ah greet ooh, help me tap that Bros wen nor get data.
No, that one wen dey find Nairaland for Freemode.

Baba I greet you special

beekind:
I am about to get married to a 28 year old lady whom I love so much but has been diagnosed with PCOS.
Menstruation is regular.
Anyone here with experience dealing with this condition and able to achieve successful conception should provide some guidance on how they went about it.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by GindoX(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24
Op enjoy ya wife first, knack freely and when pregnancy show, praise God....

Life is simple, I don't understand why many of us dey make am difficult for ourselves grin
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by o123456789(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24
okoliobinna84:
For those that are not familiar, it is Initialism for posterior capsular opacification
No PCOS means 'Polycystic ovary syndrome'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by nairalanda1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24
TheRealestGuy:

Go see a doctor, that's the first thing.

However, from personal experience with my lady, what we did was get her to start eating and living healthier.

If your wife is overweight, she also needs to work on that. Also, she can start taking herbs like turmeric, ginger, garlic etc. Then she can start taking folic acid.

These are the things we did and our baby is due in the next few days.

Great to see you heeded good advice and went ahead with marrying the woman you obviously love.

Wishing you all the very best!

I'm available if you want to chat more regarding this.

Cheers.

Nothing else to be said. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Kingnelson9: 1:01pm On Mar 24
beekind:
I am about to get married to a 28 year old lady whom I love so much but has been diagnosed with PCOS.
Menstruation is regular.
Anyone here with experience dealing with this condition and able to achieve successful conception should provide some guidance on how they went about it.

Thank you and God bless.

I am not a medical personnel but make sure you do this.

Consult atleast 5 different matured doctors at different locations before anything.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:02pm On Mar 24
okoliobinna84:
For those that are not familiar, it is Initialism for posterior capsular opacification
Polycystic ovarian syndrome…you don rush go deceive others with this.

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Necxs: 1:03pm On Mar 24
In most cases I have seen and experienced, yes she'll conceive.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Felaincarnated: 1:09pm On Mar 24
Make we be inlaw😁
zedegit:

shocked Una fit dey share same girl o. Oya make wuna greet una self.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by ufotty2001: 1:12pm On Mar 24
I have a girlfriend that I have been having raw sex with everytime for the past 3yrs. Last 2 week we have started planning for our wedding but I have to ask my self why is she not pregnant. Without her noticed, I went to the Lab to do sperm count and my sperm count was perfectly ok. Is it possible for a girl that is seeing her menstrual period regularly.. no month is Skip and have problem?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by o123456789(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24
beekind:
Menstruation is regular.

Thank you and God bless.
Note that you must be atleast rich to carry out frequent hospital bills, because the journey of Polycystic ovary syndrome is not always easy, my mother was a victim of PCOS, her only joy was that it started after she gave birth to me, I am the only child of my parents. I can remember, the huge sums of money that my mom used in looking for a child, both native and orthodox medicines, IVF etc. Know what you are going into.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Jesusmysavior: 1:14pm On Mar 24
PCOS stands for polycystic ovarian syndrome. Nairaland will not help much in this matter. Treatment is individualized. Part of your pre-marital counselling MUST include a counselling session with a gynecologist . You must be willing to go the whole mile come what may. It is not just about conception, there are many other medical issue to content with. May God guide you.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Octopusssy(f): 1:15pm On Mar 24
Update147:

What if her hormones are imbalance
I have a girl friend with similar experience but in this case are hormones are imbalance. Sometimes she sees her period twice or just thrice a year.
She should go to a gynaecologist to sort it out. It's not much of a problem once the cause is diagnosed

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by membranus: 1:15pm On Mar 24
o123456789:
No PCOS means 'Polycystic ovary syndrome'.

This is turenchi to the uninitiated.

Again in layman's term, what does it mean?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by o123456789(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24
membranus:

This is turenchi to the uninitiated.

Again in layman's term, what does it mean?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common endocrine system disorder among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS may have enlarged ovaries that contain small collections of Fluid — called follicles — located in each ovary as seen during an ultrasound exam.

Infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods, excess hair growth, Acne, and Obesity can all occur in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. In adolescents, infrequent or absent menstruation may raise suspicion for the condition.

The exact cause of polycystic ovary syndrome is unknown. Early diagnosis and treatment along with weight loss may reduce the risk of long-term complications, such as Type 2 diabetes and Heart disease.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Goodnewsforlife: 1:21pm On Mar 24
iHart:
Since you typing in "PCOS", We may as well reply you in abbreviations too!
don’t mind d fool

Like say na everyone knows d meaning of pcos

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Jamie1000: 1:26pm On Mar 24
What is Pcos ? And is 28 years not safe again? I thought that's the ideal age for ladies
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Jamie1000: 1:28pm On Mar 24
ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend that I have been having raw sex with everytime for the past 3yrs. Last 2 week we have started planning for our wedding but I have to ask my self why is she not pregnant. Without her noticed, I went to the Lab to do sperm count and my sperm count was perfectly ok. Is it possible for a girl that is seeing her menstrual period regularly.. no month is Skip and have problem?

Yes nah
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by linearity: 1:28pm On Mar 24
Legitz:
Baby forget my past ,here is the past bothering this SiMp right here on front page ,God forbid

PCOS has nothing to do with promiscuity, you can be a virgin all your life and still have PCOS.

It is marjorly caused by hormonal imbalance and can be inherited or caused by the environment you lived in, even the utensils you cook in, by medications you take, even some of these fertility drugs may over stimulate the ovaries in a bid to get a few follicles ripen and cause PCOS.

It is not a death sentence and it can be managed. It is not as scary as some are saying it here because there are methods and drugs to deal with it. It would become as scary as been said here if you do nothing about it.

It is like ‘saying HIV is a death sentence’ we know that is only true if you seat down and do zero, but today we all know that with even free drugs in Africa, the life expectancy of an AIDS carrier is as good as that of the next person, if they do the right thing.

First of, the battle is half won because you have known what the enemy or challenge is, next step go for a female hormonal profile lab test, you will see the hormones she is deficient on and with the advise of a Doctor or license Chemist start treatment.

Second do abdominal pelvic or Pap scan to see if she have cyst on any of the ovaries, the scan would tell you how and their sizes, depending on the amount and sizes commence treatment to eliminate them if they do not resolve on their own. She can still get pregnant with cysts, in fact some cysts aids the pregnancy, the most important thing is if she is ovulating…remember that ovulation is different from menstruation.

I know I used HIV above as an analogy, but what your intended wife have is headache compared to HIV….she needs an understanding husband like you who would take it upon himself to go do independent research on her behalf.

What I will say though is, at 28 years old you guys have to strike hot, hard and fast because time is not on her side. Don’t get me wrong, she is at a ripe age and there is nothing that says she can’t get pregnant at age 55; but realize that with each passing month and years, her chances diminishes this is the general truth for all women but moreso for her.

https://healthywomenthrivingcommunities.com/blogs/news/5-best-supplements-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos?

2 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Egbi2020: 1:29pm On Mar 24
Castol oil has the solution to her problem. Organic cold pressed.
U can email me so that I can show video on how to apply it when u get it.
Mind you, not that I do sell it I just want to help

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by pacificom: 1:31pm On Mar 24
I have experience of that situation with a lady in the past. It's not an easy one because PCOS battle can be exhausting, that only true love can be the driving force is that relationship. The growing of some cyst around the ovary are not allow eggs to fertilize. Some drugs like clomid could be recommended initially, but surgery might be a last result. Period will be erratic, and Patients mostly exhibit signs of pregnancy even when really not pregnant. It's a situation that you have to be totally patient with your partner and leave things in the hand of God.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by ekitimanalways(m): 1:36pm On Mar 24
beekind:
Menstruation is regular.

Thank you and God bless.

She can get pregnant with PCOS. She will likely need to have moderate weight, balance her blood sugar levels, and treat other PCOS symptoms with healthy lifestyle changes and medications. In some cases, fertility medications alone will help her get pregnant. If that doesn't work, she may need IVF treatment.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by BigBashiru: 1:38pm On Mar 24
kereman1:
If u truly want to carry your child and you also love your wife, bro just get a second wife.

Life no hard na you wey dey pursue true love.

The second wife will also have one issue or another there's no perfect woman....

The idea of jumping from woman to woman holds no water. Make sure you exhaust all options with the first wife first and try ur best before entertaining the idea of a second wife.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by membranus: 1:38pm On Mar 24
o123456789:
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common endocrine system disorder among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS may have enlarged ovaries that contain small collections of Fluid — called follicles — located in each ovary as seen during an ultrasound exam.

Infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods, excess hair growth, Acne, and Obesity can all occur in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. In adolescents, infrequent or absent menstruation may raise suspicion for the condition.

The exact cause of polycystic ovary syndrome is unknown. Early diagnosis and treatment along with weight loss may reduce the risk of long-term complications, such as Type 2 diabetes and Heart disease.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by koyeni(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24
Nothing much ..
Get horsegram called Booni or something in Yoruba, Ginger and garlic
It works
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by DrAda(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24
It's sad that you are bringing this up here

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by BigBashiru: 1:40pm On Mar 24
linearity:

PCOS has nothing to do with promiscuity, you can be a virgin all your life and still have PCOS.

It is marjorly caused by hormonal imbalance and can be inherited or caused by the environment you lived in, even the utensils you cook in, by medications you take, even some of these fertility drugs may over stimulate the ovaries in a bid to get a few ripen and cause PCOS.

It is not a death sentence and it can be managed. It is not as scary as some are saying it here because there are methods and drugs to deal with it. It would become as scary as been said here if you do not about it.

It is like ‘saying HIV is a death sentence’ we know that is only true if you seat down and do zero, but today we all know that with even free drugs in Africa, the life expectancy of an AIDS carrier is as good as that of the next person, if they do the right thing.

First of, the battle is half won because you have known what the enemy or challenge is, next step go for a female hormonal profile lab test, you will see the hormones she is deficient on and with the advise of a Doctor or license Chemist start treatment.

Second do abdominal pelvic or Pap scan to see if she have cyst on any of the ovaries, the scan would tell you how and their sizes, depending on the amount and sizes commence treatment to eliminate them if they do not resolve on their own. She can still get pregnant with cysts, in fact some cysts aids the pregnancy, the most important thing is if she is ovulating…remember that ovulation is different from menstruation.

I know I used HIV above as an analogy, but what your intended wife have is headache compared to HIV….she needs an understanding husband like you who would take it upon himself to go do independent research on her behalf.

What I will say though is, at 28 years old you guys have to strike hot, hard and fast because time is not on her side. Don’t get me wrong, she is at a ripe age and there is nothing that says she can’t get pregnant at age 55; but realize that with each passing month and years, her chances diminishes this is the general truth for all women but moreso for her.

https://healthywomenthrivingcommunities.com/blogs/news/5-best-supplements-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos?

I believe its her past striking. A healthy woman seldom has such complications...that's nature's design. Now uou can imagine this man is potentially going to spend millions of naira treating what was probably caused by previous boyfriends, abortions with previous boyfriends etc
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Maximiliannnn: 1:45pm On Mar 24
beekind:
Menstruation is regular.

Thank you and God bless.
She can concieve naturally without any medical intervention. The pregnancy can go a long way to correct her menstruation

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Yahoodelababe: 1:48pm On Mar 24
Of course she would ,this edo actress Etinosa had it and still gave birth the other year. What I have come to know is that doctors especially the ones in Nigeria read books and quote what they have read forgetting that everyday new treatment and approach to different sicknesses come up which they don't know yet. They Said women with endometriosis will have fertility issues but i have seen many women give birth without ivf .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Jocdon(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24
okoliobinna84:
you are still speaking in parable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Inspects Kwanar Dawaki Hospital / Man Collapses And Dies While Purchasing Fuel In Oyo / Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.