Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. (31651 Views)

PCOD/PCOS Full Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss | How To Lose Weight Fast With PCOS / How To Get Pregnant With PCOS / Scent Leaf For Cough And Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by linearity: 5:08pm On Mar 24
BigBashiru:

I believe its her past striking. A healthy woman seldom has such complications...that's nature's design. Now uou can imagine this man is potentially going to spend millions of naira treating what was probably caused by previous boyfriends, abortions with previous boyfriends etc

Stop spreading ignorance please!

Can you post one medical report, article or publication even in a medical blog that links PCOS to sexual activity?

You have zero clue about this subject, it is best you keep your ignorance to yourself or better, use the opportunity to research the subject and educate yourself.

Any couple out there must spend money in one thing or the other, some are not obvious now. If not spending millions is your focus, you should even think of marriage, do you know the price of baby food now? Or the price the Hospital would charge to give birth?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by onumadu: 5:11pm On Mar 24
Thislifee:
Are you teaching me my profession? Let me school you. PCOS is caused when Ovaries produces abnormal amount of androgen(male sex hormones) unlike the minute quantities that's present unusually in ovaries. This is mostly caused by postionor 2 and some brands of alcohols and incessant intake of pregnancy pills and high intake of sperms at a very young age( that lady started having sex as at 15 or 16 years and op never met her a virgin!. The older day a girl of 14 years came to our hospital and wanted general test by her mum and I discovered from my colleague female doctor that her hymen wasn't there. I privately asked her and she said she started sex since 12 years! I was shocked! I never had sex till I was 20 years!

With all due respect sir, what you just wrote is pure quackery.
Abeg no vex doc.

What you wrote is INCONSISTENT with overwhelming cases and evidence out there.
I hope you saw that the OP said the lady in question is a virgin.
You will twist it now that she is lying.
I told you that this issue is something I have researched for about 15 years straight.

Why are you Nigerians obsessed with virginity and a woman's sexual practices?
Show me a "prostitute" with PCOS.
Simple challenge.

3 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by incogni2o: 5:13pm On Mar 24
Acidosis:

If raising children is priority for you, ensure you have enough funding for IVF (in case natural conception or medications fail).

The way you guys use English .

What does "If raising children is your priority" mean.

What else has to be there priority after marriage, just everyday sex?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Daystar7: 5:16pm On Mar 24
Thislifee:
Are you teaching me my profession? Let me school you. PCOS is caused when Ovaries produces abnormal amount of androgen(male sex hormones) unlike the minute quantities that's present unusually in ovaries. This is mostly caused by postionor 2 and some brands of alcohols and incessant intake of pregnancy pills and high intake of sperms at a very young age( that lady started having sex as at 15 or 16 years and op never met her a virgin!. The older day a girl of 14 years came to our hospital and wanted general test by her mum and I discovered from my colleague female doctor that her hymen wasn't there. I privately asked her and she said she started sex since 12 years! I was shocked! I never had sex till I was 20 years!

Quack doctor, PCOS has nothing to do with her lifestyle... Fibroid is a lifestyle issue too innit? Some toilet infection left untreated can cause PCOS dumbo. Which sch did u graduate from and what's ur business with a patients sexual life and using yours as a yardstick. Why would you go asking a minor such confidential question. That's unethical, you could be sued you bloody retard. You're clearly lying cos this is not in line with the ethos of the profession. Hippocratic oath is sacred

5 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 5:17pm On Mar 24
incogni2o:

The way you guys use English .

What does "If raising children is your priority" mean.

What else has to be there priority after marriage, just everyday sex?

Companionship. That's the purpose of marriage.

Procreation is secondary.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Daystar7: 5:20pm On Mar 24
onumadu:

With all due respect sir, what you just wrote is pure quackery.
Abeg no vex doc.

What you wrote is INCONSISTENT with overwhelming cases and evidence out there.
I hope you saw that the OP said the lady in question is a virgin.
You will twist it now that she is lying.
I told you that this issue is something I have researched for about 15 years straight.

Why are you Nigerians obsessed with virginity and a woman's sexual practices?
Show me a "prostitute" with PCOS.
Simple challenge.

Don't mind the fool, he's lying for no reason. He's no doctor, let him tell us his school and set and I'll post it here in 30 mins.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by BigBashiru: 5:20pm On Mar 24
linearity:

Stop spreading ignorance please!

Can you post one medical report, article or publication even in a medical blog that links PCOS to sexual activity?

You have zero clue about this subject, it is best you keep your ignorance to yourself or better, use the opportunity to research the subject and educate yourself.

Any couple out there must spend money in one thing or the other, some are not obvious now. If not spending millions is your focus, you should even think of marriage, do you know the price of baby food now? Or the price the Hospital would charge to give birth?

There are many medical reports. Go read them. When a woman has had an abortion etc it's a risk factor.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Thislifee: 5:23pm On Mar 24
Daystar7:

Quack doctor, PCOS has nothing to do with her lifestyle... Fibroid is a lifestyle issue too innit? Some toilet infection left untreated can cause PCOS dumbo. Which sch did u graduate from and what's ur business with a patients sexual life and using yours as a yardstick. Why would you go asking a minor such confidential question. That's unethical, you could be sued you bloody retard. You're clearly lying cos this is not in line with the ethos of the profession. Hippocratic oath is sacred
unethical? You lack brain for cogent reasoning. She has been regularly been molested by her uncle, her mum brought her for tests. We all include female doctors, her mum, dad, elder sister and we male doctors were there when we asked her that and the uncle was later arrested with evidence from her medical report and there are other things associated with this that I can't say here! PCOS has something to do with her lifestyle dumbass! You are among these quacks trained in U.K, exactly why U.k prefer Nigeria doctors to you all!
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by beekind: 5:28pm On Mar 24
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm. The poster above me should stop spreading his ignorance. I married my wife a virgin and after 12 months of marriage without conception we went to the hospital and boom she had PCOS.

Luckily for us we commenced treatment immediately and after 3 years she became pregnant.

OP, it’s a tough journey but if you truly love her like you said do other tests and if you have the money do lap and dye to ascertain if her tubes are patent. More importantly, let her avoid taking of clomide and other related drugs for a long period because such drugs predisposes women to ovarian cancer.
THanks for sharing your experience.
Can I ask you something, was your wife regularly menstruating cos in the case of my fiance, she menstruates regularly and her cycle seems to be pretty consistent.
Hormonal profile (progesterone) day 21 also confirms that she ovulates.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Daystar7: 5:29pm On Mar 24
Thislifee:
unethical? You lack brain for cogent reasoning. She has been regularly been molested by her uncle, her mum brought her for tests. We all include female doctors and we male doctors were there when we asked her that and the uncle was later arrested with evidence from her medical report and there are other things associated with this that I can't say here! PCOS has something to do with her lifestyle dumbass!

Lol.. you must think you're engaging an illiterate, look at how stupid ur lazy attempt to spin the story is. You're no longer shocked and you didn't get the information from your female colleague no more yea? One day an example will be made of lazy goats like you. Where was this story about an imaginary uncle coming from? You wish you're a doctor but you clearly can never be.

3 Likes

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by linearity: 5:29pm On Mar 24
Thislifee:

Oga Doctor, your license to practice deserved to be revoked you must have done more damages than goods to women going by this your self serving myopic opinion.

If you are a Doctor as you claimed, I challenge you to post one single medical journal that linked PCOS to birth control pills?

On the contrary taking birth control pills is one of the treatment options to manage PCOS and even cysts in ladies.

I see your other rant about ‘excess sperm”, etc and evil early sexual activities which are all signs of likely immorality, these has nothing and absolutely nothing to do with PCOS….other diseases or conditions Yes, but not PCOS.

As a medical Doctor that you claimed, hope you can back up your opinion with independent sources.

https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/pill-induced-pcos

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Thislifee: 5:30pm On Mar 24
Daystar7:

Don't mind the fool, he's lying for no reason. He's no doctor, let him tell us his school and set and I'll post it here in 30 mins.
Fool! Why should I post my details here? Even the email I used to open this nairaland account is fake names I coined to make my email address. That's not my real name! So why should I post my details here?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by linearity: 5:36pm On Mar 24
beekind:

Can I ask you something, was your wife regularly menstruating cos in the case of my fiance, she menstruates regularly and her cycle seems to be pretty consistent.
Include Androgen and Testosterone tests, those should be your focus.

Irregular menstruation is just one of the symptoms but not determinate, her true testosterone levels and androgen ratio is key and what needs to be worked on.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by 123readygo: 5:39pm On Mar 24
[quote author=beekind post=129087400]

Yes her ovulation was regular before we started having sex but the fist month we had sex she had 45 days cycle and we concluded that she was pregnant but she wasn’t. And it continued like that for almost one year if not more; her cycle was between 28 day to 40 days. Well after she had our first baby her cycle settled at 30days
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by incogni2o: 5:43pm On Mar 24
Acidosis:

Companionship. That's the purpose of marriage.

Procreation is secondary.

Says who?

May just companionship not be your portion.

Seems you don't know the Joy that's comes with having children much more, grandchildren.seeing them grow and the legacy you'll leave behind.

It's not secondary , it's part of the main purpose of marriage,second to companionship.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by linearity: 5:44pm On Mar 24
BigBashiru:

There are many medical reports. Go read them. When a woman has had an abortion etc it's a risk factor.

Sadly, you cannot post one of those ‘medical reports’ that linked abortion to PCOS.

Maybe you did not understand those reports… this is the linkage between abortion and PCOS and you got it wrong!

Having PCOS can lead to medical abortion and miscarriages ie PCOS -> Abortion and not the other way around.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11726582/
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Juniorangel(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24
Contact Nsikak Effiong on FB check this link
https://www.facebook.com/share/S4smjT6n6LSdUmkj/?mibextid=qi2Omg
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by onumadu: 6:22pm On Mar 24
otherway:

Calm down..

PCOS comes with irregular period,excruciating mentral cramps and lots more.

Did she do PELVIC ULTRASOUND?
Any number of conditions (Fibroid for example) can replicate what you just cited above.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Ayo8(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24
beekind:
I am about to get married to a 28 year old lady whom I love so much but has been diagnosed with PCOS.
Menstruation is regular.
Anyone here with experience dealing with this condition and able to achieve successful conception should provide some guidance on how they went about it.

Thank you and God bless.

Baba… Go buy Yo-yo bitters and thank me later
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24
incogni2o:

Says who?

May just companionship not be your portion.

Seems you don't know the Joy that's comes with having children much more, grandchildren.seeing them grow and the legacy you'll leave behind.

It's not secondary , it's part of the main purpose of marriage,second to companionship.

What you're leaving behind doesn't matter. Death puts an end to everything, and that includes your idea and memory of whatever you think you're leaving behind.

The idea of having children or grandchildren is useless to a dead man. He is too dead to remember ANYTHING.

Live your life. No let Nigerian society pressure you. Ordinary 15 minutes nap will leave you forgetting your own self. And you want to bother yourself about nothing. Legacy? What is legacy to a dead man? 😅

Do I love kids? I do. Do you have everything you love? No, you don't.

Na men like you go dey pursue male kids because of legacy and family name 🤣🤣
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by otherway: 8:13pm On Mar 24
onumadu:

Did she do PELVIC ULTRASOUND?
Any number of conditions (Fibroid for example) can replicate what you just cited above.

Ofcourse she did habba.. She even did surgery.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by CooldudeX1: 8:14pm On Mar 24
Tell her to join "Next level prayers" with pastor Bolaji on youtube. Christ can heal her.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Camberlo(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24
PCOS is commonly in Africa but that doesn't stop you taking your hearthrobe.

But the truth is if you are strong emotionally and ready to support her, there will be a stage younl get tired.

I will advise you always visit clinic and her eating pattern must change.

Best of luck 🤞
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by OdefaGirl(f): 8:48pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

What symptoms
She's not having irregular menstruation according to the Op

They know better, more than I and you.... So we are not well informed to argue for or against what the op have already stated. No reasonable person chases clout with ill health.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by incogni2o: 8:53pm On Mar 24
Acidosis:

What you're leaving behind doesn't matter. Death puts an end to everything, and that includes your idea and memory of whatever you think you're leaving behind.

The idea of having children or grandchildren is useless to a dead man. He is too dead to remember ANYTHING.

Live your life. No let Nigerian society pressure you. Ordinary 15 minutes nap will leave you forgetting your own self. And you want to bother yourself about nothing. Legacy? What is legacy to a dead man? 😅

Do I love kids? I do. Do you have everything you love? No, you don't.

Na men like you go dey pursue male kids because of legacy and family name 🤣🤣

you seem to be self deluded.

Am I talking about being dead or where did you see death in my response.

If the Joy of Fatherhood or being a Grandparent, or even seeing your own Children and Groundchildren around seem meaningless to you, That's you and what you have framed your mind to beleive.

it is not same for most People.

As per Death, Yes Life and Living is a priviledge, even the Bible says, the dead can't praise God.

Being alive is an oportunity to feel, experience and do all to the glory of God.

The Joy of having Kids, training them and leaving a good legacy is part of that oppurtunity. Moreso God Himself blessed Man with the opportunity. Be Fruitful and multiply and replenish the Earth and subdue it.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Kukutente23: 9:02pm On Mar 24
OdefaGirl:

They know better, more than I and you.... So we are not well informed to argue for or against what the op have already stated. No reasonable person chases clout with ill health.
You'll be surprised
The most common symptoms for women who aren't trying to get pregnant to diagnose PCOS is irregular menses
So how does an unmarried woman with regular menses know she has PCOS?
You should know something is wrong with the story. Either Op is lying or being deceived
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by kessler53(m): 9:43pm On Mar 24
enemyofprogress:
Leave her and let her go before it is too late to let go. Love no be by force and it's not blind. If you're impotent, I swear, she won't marry you
tell him,that if he is impotent she won't marry him.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24
incogni2o:

you seem to be self deluded.

Am I talking about being dead or where did you see death in my response.

Here, sir 👇👇

incogni2o:

If the Joy of Fatherhood or being a Grandparent, or even seeing your own Children and Groundchildren around seem meaningless to you, That's you and what you have framed your mind to beleive.

it is not same for most People.

As per Death, Yes Life and Living is a priviledge, even the Bible says, the dead can't praise God.

Being alive is an oportunity to feel, experience and do all to the glory of God.

The Joy of having Kids, training them and leaving a good legacy is part of that oppurtunity. Moreso God Himself blessed Man with the opportunity. Be Fruitful and multiply and replenish the Earth and subdue it.

The mistake you're making is assume you're a more lovable father than I am. Hehe... 😅

The difference between you and I is that you expect everyone to show interest in "multiplying" through sex. I don't.

You're quoting too many scriptures to justify your own personal desires and lust. That verse of the scripture you're quoting is not for everyone. Are you Adam?? Why didn't Jesus get a wife and kids to fulfill that scripture if truly God wants everyone to "multiply" and replenish the earth?

There are more important things God wants Christians to do, but "replenishing" the earth with potential candidates of hell isn't one.
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24
okoliobinna84:
For those that are not familiar, it is Initialism for posterior capsular opacification
wrong ...

It's just polycystic ovarian syndrome
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by highbee02: 10:19pm On Mar 24
Let's look at it from this perspective. If u are the one who have a reproductive health issue, would she marry u?
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24
ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend that I have been having raw sex with everytime for the past 3yrs. Last 2 week we have started planning for our wedding but I have to ask my self why is she not pregnant. Without her noticed, I went to the Lab to do sperm count and my sperm count was perfectly ok. Is it possible for a girl that is seeing her menstrual period regularly.. no month is Skip and have problem?
ask her if she's on IUCD??
Re: Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. by Silentgroper(m): 10:33pm On Mar 24
Octopusssy:

She should go to a gynaecologist to sort it out. It's not much of a problem once the cause is diagnosed
but the cause is mostly unknown and associated with hormonal imbalance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facemasks: Abia Awaits NCDC’s Approval To Roll Out Nationwide Distribution / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Governor Ganduje Inspects Kwanar Dawaki Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.