Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko (14792 Views)

Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Kwamoti Laori: Each Rep Gets N100m For Constituency Project / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Ofunaofu: 3:45pm On Mar 17
Senator Ned Nwoko, representing Delta North Senatorial District, has claimed that he got more than N1 billion constituency projects fund in the controversial 2024 budget.

DAILY POST reports that the 2024 budget has been shrouded in controversy following allegations by Senator Abdul Ningi representing Bauchi Central that over N3.7 trillion could not be traced to any project.

The allegations landed him a three-month suspension after the House deliberated on it on Tuesday.

During the Tuesday plenary, Senator representing Cross River North, Jarigbe Agom, alleged that some ranking Senators got about N500 million for constituency projects from the budget while others, including himself got nothing.

While some lawmakers subsequently admitted that they got the N500 million, others say they had less than N200 million.

Speaking on the disparity in the sharing of the funds, Nwoko, who stated this during a podcast released on Saturday, said the amount gotten by each senator, depends on how they lobbied for it.

“Senators get what they lobby for, not because they have the right to it. Everybody just goes about doing what they can do for their constituencies and senatorial districts.

“A better approach would have been for senatorial uniformity. So if they say that everyone should get about N1 billion, be it. But this way, you rely on your weight and contacts to see what you can get for your people.

“We are not talking about money for the senators. This is for projects within our senatorial districts. If you have road, water, or training programmes, all should aggregate to a particular amount,” the lawmaker revealed in a podcast released on Saturday.

Asked if he got as much as N1 billion in allocation, the senator replied, “Of course, I did. That’s why I am who I am. But these are projects for my people.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/17/alleged-budget-padding-i-got-over-n1bn-for-constituency-projects-ned-nwoko/

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by GOFRONT(m): 3:47pm On Mar 17
Regina is the Constituency project.......

We are patiently waiting Inshallah

91 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Foreverly02: 3:47pm On Mar 17
wink
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Morbeta11(m): 4:34pm On Mar 17
Nigeria ntorr

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Tjra: 5:18pm On Mar 17
We all see what Gbaja did with his own.

Ned, do something for your constituency. Let your community feel you.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Is04970: 5:19pm On Mar 17
The problem isn't Akpabio or Tinubu but the Nigeria constitution.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by peleson1: 5:35pm On Mar 17
Just imagine how these people eat dar and waste all our wealth and resources.

The senators do nothing with these money..
Some one was expelled , suspended for exposing the rot in the Senate . Just imagine that.

That NASS should be closed down and all senators and house of rep should go home .

We need put all the money together and use it for social security and welfare for Nigerians

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Uyi168: 7:26am On Mar 18
More fresh tight pussies for you.. grin

Some people just come this life con enjoy..
cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by God1000(m): 7:27am On Mar 18
Please scrap the Senate, we are tired of their shenanigans and wickedness

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by malali: 7:27am On Mar 18
The best senate president Nigeria could find

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by chopnaira: 7:27am On Mar 18
Lol. And they all have nothing meaningful to show for it in their constituents. This one will just buy another Rolls-Royce and marry another virgin girl with some of the money.

Anyway, let's continue to focus on the Presidency but ignore the Senate, HOR, governors and State House of Assembly reps.

malali:
The best senate president Nigeria could find
That is the practice even before Akpabio became Senate President. I don't know of any meaningful country in the world where the legislative arm of the government are handed cash to become construction companies or consulting firms themselves.

18 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by PHIPEX(m): 7:27am On Mar 18
Ridiculous senate. This is exactly the story of Nigeria, unorganised and messed up sharing formula that keeps encouraging corruption.
Funnily, the masses being made poor will still come to defend these corruption leaders. A typical case of a slave that loves his chain.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Juju70(m): 7:27am On Mar 18
I greet o!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by HateBigots: 7:28am On Mar 18
grin This one uses government funds to pursue virgin teenagers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Dididrumz(m): 7:28am On Mar 18
Okay.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:28am On Mar 18
Truth is like pregnancy...

No one can cover it..

We have all seen why Tinubu was pushing for Akpabio presidency..

To loot kill and destroy the country.

5 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by CannibalTorment: 7:28am On Mar 18
He got it for constituency projects but people that their candidate failed woefully has started crying

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by chopnaira: 7:30am On Mar 18
ZombiePUNISHER:
Truth is like pregnancy...

No one can cover it..

We have all seen why Tinubu was pushing for Akpabio presidency..

To loot kill and destroy the country.
Tinubu (Executive) would have to babysit everyone of these old farts in the Senate like Ned Nwoko (Legislative), Akpabio (Legislative) and many others to do the right thing.

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Artscollection: 7:32am On Mar 18
More virgin projects loading!!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by SoNature(m): 7:32am On Mar 18
Nigeria's lean resources should stop ending in the pockets of few legislative crooks!

There's a federal ministry of works! What's their function again?

7 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Aristo3146(m): 7:32am On Mar 18
peleson1:
Just imagine how these people eat dar and waste all our wealth and resources.

The senators do nothing with these money..
Some one was expelled , suspended for exposing the rot in the Senate . Just imagine that.

That NASS should be closed down and all senators and house of rep should go home .

We need put all the money together and use it for social security and welfare for Nigerians
If you channel the funds to social security & welfare, the likes of Betta Edu will be there waiting for you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by bigdammyj: 7:32am On Mar 18
Noted.
Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by AngelicBeing: 7:33am On Mar 18
Morbeta11:
Nigeria ntorr
Hahahaha, 😂,let me add my own Ntorr with the gif Below

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by ruggedtimi(m): 7:33am On Mar 18
Okay...if na so dem dey share constituency funds nigeria suppose be semi dubai by now. But ofcos we know is for pocket projects. They will now spend N50m to buy motorcycle or keke for their party followers couple of months before election and tag it " Senator's initiative". grin

7 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by themanderon: 7:34am On Mar 18
They took away subsidy to service themselves. Politicians can never be solution to our problem. They are the problem.

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Guyfawkes2: 7:36am On Mar 18
Imagine... why exactly are law makers carrying out projects? Their job is ro make laws and represent the interest of their constituents at the senate, not to be carrying out projects

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by malali: 7:36am On Mar 18
chopnaira:
Lol. And they all have nothing meaningful to show for it in their constituents. This one will just buy another Rolls-Royce and marry another virgin girl with some of the money.

Anyway, let's continue to focus on the Presidency but ignore the Senate, HOR, governors and State House of Assembly reps.

That is the practice even before Akpabio became Senate President.

Its really a shame the degeneracy in the government that we have ...

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by advanceDNA: 7:37am On Mar 18
God1000:
Please scrap the Senate, we are tired of their shenanigans and wickedness
These country has too much money....What are these law makers doing with all these monies...the government is just creating unnecessary channel of embezzlement.

The constituents they are claiming to be overseeing, a state Governor is already head of the place.....Their job should just be holding the governors accountable for the development of their various constituents

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by Guyfawkes2: 7:39am On Mar 18
advanceDNA:

These country has too much money....What are these law makers doing with all these monies...the government is just creating unnecessary channel of embezzlement.

The constituents they are claiming to be overseeing, a state Governor is already head of the place.....Their job should just be holding the governors accountable for the development of their various constituents

my point exactly. Why are law makers carrying out projects ? That's the job of the president, governor or lga chairman.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by tefishy(m): 7:40am On Mar 18
A lot of billions go to wrong hands because I can't imagine the nation wallowing in poverty despite all of these allocations.

These monies are meant to provide the basic infrastructure, give people job and put food on their table. But opposite is the case

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Budget Padding: I Got Over N1bn For Constituency Projects – Ned Nwoko by nedekid: 7:40am On Mar 18
Tjra:
We all see what Gbaja did with his own.

Ned, do something for your constituency. Let your community feel you.
Abi ohh. Gbaja, no matter him kleg, the guy takes care of his constituency. His own is liveshow not audio.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

183 Osun "Observers" To Anambra Are Fake - INEC / Nuhu Ribadu’s Brother Escapes From Abductors / We Are Not Part Of Governors Forum Reconciliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.