Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge (23357 Views)

Army Investigates Video Of Soldier Assaulting Lagos Motorist / Kenyan Lady Jailed For 15 Years For Defiling 16-Year-Old Boy / 27-Year-Old Lady Jailed For Trafficking Teenage Girl For Prostitution (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by RumDee: 9:47am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
assault anywhere is world carries prison sentence.
You could be charged with attempted murder if the assault is pretty big for even longer sentence to life.

It's worse when you assault uniformed govt official who are only performing their official duty.
Remind of the duration Seun Kuti spent in prison for assaulting an officer please

1 Like

Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Angelfrost(m): 9:52am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:

She was sentenced for an assault not road rule.

Assault carries prison sentence all over the world. It's even worse when you attack uniformed govt official.

Okay... Agreed.

Why is Seun Kuti still walking free?!!

Why was Senator Abbo not tried and sentenced?!!

Assault is subjective... If not, Chris Brown vs Rihanna should have seen the former go to jail rather than a few months of community service and anger management classes.

Justice shouldn't be partial or be harsher towards people of lowly estates.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 9:54am On Mar 15
RumDee:
Remind of the duration Seun Kuti spent in prison for assaulting an officer please
his trial is still on.

He was released on bail not discharged and aquitted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voaafrica.com/amp/seun-kuti-released-on-bail/7106048.html
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 9:56am On Mar 15
Angelfrost:

Okay... Agreed.

Why is Seun Kuti still walking free?!!

Why was Senator Abbo not tried and sentenced?!!

Assault is subjective... If not, Chris Brown vs Rihanna should have seen the former go to jail rather than a few months of community service and anger management classes.

Justice shouldn't be partial or be harsher towards people of lowly estates.
abbo didn't assault police officer or government official. The girl he assaulted isn't cooperating or pressing charges.

Seun kuti was released on bail and his trial is still on

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voaafrica.com/amp/seun-kuti-released-on-bail/7106048.html

Rihanna and Chris Brown is a case of no proof. Rihanna has to press charges and bring proof she was assaulted unwarrantedly before Chris Brown can be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Angelfrost(m): 9:57am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
his trial is still on.

Lol... I like your attempt at patriotism, as amusing and naive as it comes off.

Seun is out on bail and case is still in trial, but the poor lady above has already been sentenced.

Is Senator Abbo's case still in trial?!! Was he even arrested for starters?!

Issokay... Let's all keep pretending that our justice system is not skewed in the favor of money and influence.

Whatever makes us sleep better at night.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by RumDee: 9:57am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
his trial is still on.

Why can't this young girl equally be bailed and continue roaming freely like her mate Seun Kuti is doing long after being bailed?
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Angelfrost(m): 10:00am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
abbo didn't assault police officer.or government official. The girl she assaulted isn't cooperating or pressing charges.

Seun kuti was released on bail and his trial is still on

Rihanna and Chris Brown is a case of no proof. Rihanna has to press charges and bring proof she was assaulted unwarranted before Chris Brown can be prosecuted.

Issokay... Like I said... Let's keep our heads down and keep acting like George Orwell's words in Animal Farm are not happening right before our eyes.

'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others'.

You won't understand how messed up and how valid my words are until it comes closer home... May God keep us all.

Good morning.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 10:01am On Mar 15
RumDee:
Why can't this young girl equally be bailed and continue roaming freely like her mate Seun Kuti is doing long after being bailed?
it's simple, lagos law is differemt from.federal law on assualt or road offence.

There is instant court in lagos that deals with issues like this.
Federal law ( which is the police doesn't have such law)

If the girl was taking federal court like seun, she will be given bail pending her trial unless she murder someone or does something that the court can't grant her bail.

Also, the girl can appeal the sentence federal court and get bailed out pending the time the re trial is on.

It's all about knowing your right.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 10:03am On Mar 15
Angelfrost:

Issokay... Like I said... Let's keep our heads down and keep acting like George Orwell's words in Animal Farm are not happening right before our eyes.

'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others'.

You won't understand how messed up and how valid my words are until it comes closer home... May God keep us all.

Good morning.
all animals are not equal, but if you know your right, you will still get away with some stuff.

Elites know their right and have the money to fight for that right.

That's difference..
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by 99thEnemy(m): 10:04am On Mar 15
Ibuytwitter:
I buy twitter accounts from year 2023 below. Bring that twitter account that you’re not really using. Followers does not matter. Text me on WhatsApp: Zero eight zero six one nine nine four nine two zero
I have a 2010 twitter account. how much are you willing to buy?
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Houseontherock1: 10:09am On Mar 15
Traffic offences like this should have options of fine or/community service. Why imprison a person in the overcrowded jail houses because of this? Not good enough
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Azzik: 10:10am On Mar 15
Morbeta11:

https://punchng.com/lady-jailed-for-assaulting-lagos-official-ignoring-pedestrian-bridge/
Go and check very well, na poor man pikin...the law in Nigeria is meant for the poor
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Angelfrost(m): 10:11am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
all animals are not equal, but if you know your right, you will still get away with some stuff.

Elites know their right and have the money to fight for that right.

That's difference..

Nope... Strongly disagree!

In Nigeria, everyone knows his rights (at least most people do)!

Nigerian law enforcers (Judiciary), in most proven cases, simply pander and kowtow to wealth and elitism.

That's the undeniable and unassailable reason why most elite members of our society have such poor regard for rules and regulations.

No need twisting or pretending about known facts.

I can give you examples upon examples, but I sense you know this already.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by RumDee: 10:12am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
it's simple, lagos law is differemt from.federal law on assualt or road offence.

If the girl was taking federal court like seun, she will be given bail pending her trial unless she murder someone or does something that the court can't grant her bail.

Also, the girl can appeal the sentence federal court and get bailed out pending the time the re trial is on.

Coming from the same person that says "assault anywhere is world carries prison sentence", especially when done to government officials performing their duties.

I don't know assaulters in this case do have a right again ooo. It's well
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 10:16am On Mar 15
Angelfrost:

Nope... Strongly disagree!

In Nigeria, everyone knows his rights (at least most people do)!

Nigerian law enforcers (Judiciary), in most proven cases, simply pander and kowtow to wealth and elitism.

That's the undeniable and unassailable reason why most elite members of our society have such poor regard for rules and regulations.

No need twisting or pretending about known facts.

I can give you examples upon examples, but I sense you know this already.
again, you are not getting it.

everyone has the right but elite have the money to fight for thay right.

It's same situation world over and it's not peculiar to Nigeria.

The wheel of justice will grind slower if you know the right people and right money.

The girl in particular will not go to jail anytime soon if she knows her right and have money to fight it.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 10:18am On Mar 15
RumDee:
Coming from the same person that says "assault anywhere is world carries prison sentence", especially when done to government officials performing their duties.

I don't know assaulters in this case do have a right again ooo. It's well
knowing your right means she can appeal the sentence and get bail pending trial like seun kuti.

That doesn't invalidate that assault carries prison sentence.

Read and comprehend.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:31am On Mar 15
This environment law enforcer caught me last year in CMS busstop, while I was crossed the road without using the pedestal. I saw uycross d Road and I decided to follow because there was no car coming. Immediately I crossed, boom! These green uniformed men came in their numbers. They jumped at me without saying anything, holding my trouser by the belt. I followed until we got close to their office. I told them one thing, and they left me. Na there I no say yoruba d fear well well.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:33am On Mar 15
Angelfrost:
Seven months in Prison??! Haba!!!

That doesn't even begin to make sense... Why no option of fine?!!

Community service for 6 months even makes more sense.

Why is the Nigerian Judiciary unnecessarily harsh when doling out judgment to the members of the lower class, but shockingly lenient towards the higher class for the very same offenses?!!

Y'all sentence phone snatchers to death or life imprisonment, but give Politicians and elected officials guilty of siphoning billions wrist slaps.

She came out easy sef

Resisting arrest arrest and assaulting a public personel around the world can get you upto 3years in prison

If her crime was just not using the pedestrian bridge then a fine is what she would have gotten
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:44am On Mar 15
CaptainGo:

Yes. Community service is adequate for the offense committed. Imprisonment is very unnecessary in this instance.

Assualt of public official and resisting arrest is already worth prison time

She got a lenient sentence
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:45am On Mar 15
blackmantis:
7 months is too much for failing to use pedestrian bridge.

I guess you didn't see assualting a public official
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by just2endowed: 10:46am On Mar 15
Angelfrost:

This is not the first time these judges show such judicial bias towards people of the lesser class...!

Seun Kuti disobeyed laws and even assaulted an officer yet never got even one week in jail.

Senator Abbo didn't even get to court for assault and bodily harm done to someone.

Funke Akindele got a slap on the wrist during COVID.

...I can go on and on.

I don't understand what those attacking me are defending here.

Justice should be pure and equal to all... Anything less becomes injustice!

u said it all
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by RumDee: 11:14am On Mar 15
NinjaMetahuman:
knowing your right means she can appeal the sentence and get bail pending trial like seun kuti.

That doesn't invalidate that assault carries prison sentence.

Read and comprehend.
Seun Kuti's offense was made bailable under 48 hours after his remand, why is this a different case? His bail was only made effective with little make-believe political drama from that time till 23rd May last year. You may need to find out If you don't know.

He didn't need to appeal or claim any right and that's the point here. Don't think you're talking to an ignorant person, nobody is dragging anything with you.

Just stop acting as if you don't know the law is majorly effective when it comes to the lower class in Nigeria.

Peace.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Pipefitter: 11:25am On Mar 15
uuzba:

Influential figure's daughter will be in a car, not trekking on the road. She would send her driver or bousegirl and that's the one that will be arrested for crossing thr road.

You deviated
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by NinjaMetahuman: 11:27am On Mar 15
RumDee:
Seun Kuti's offense was made bailable under 48 hours after his remand, why is this a different case? His bail was only made effective with little make-believe political drama from that time till 23rd May last year. You may need to find out If you don't know.

He didn't need to appeal or claim any right and that's the point here. Don't think you're talking to an ignorant person, nobody is dragging anything with you.

Just stop acting as if you don't know the law is majorly effective when it comes to the lower class in Nigeria.

Peace.
🤦‍♂️

I have already answered this here.

Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by kentokay71: 11:47am On Mar 15
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Melonsmasher: 2:10pm On Mar 15
Okete001:
Hehehe

Omo alileko, wa keko.

She no get home training like those people from one particular region
Shebi the region wey get the name she dey answer grin
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Exousiang01: 3:25pm On Mar 15
Angelfrost:

How many months in prison did Seun Kuti get, Mr. Learned Lawyer?!!

Is Senator Abbo in jail for assaulting an innocent Love Machine seller?!!

Did I mention Legislature here?!! If laws are made, are they strictly for the poor and unconnected?!!

Should the Judiciary arm of the government be biased or dish out judgement with prejudice?!!

Just jump inside my comment and be acting superior while capping nonsense!!!

Take several seats please.

So as smart as you claim you are, you empty head doesn't tell you that the lawyer you pay to argue your case goes a long way to determine what you get?
If you get a lawyer that can't defend you properly you get the hammer.
Your smart empty head doesn't know why some lawyers charge as high as a billion and other charge 20k.....
Slowpoke
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by olawooro: 5:58pm On Mar 15
But 7 months is too much nah. In fact, there should be an option of fine. It might even happened to be that the said environmental officer was the first
to have harassed her, who knows.

All these yeye magistrates that are under the influence of the govt and only doing the biding of the politicians and govt in power.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Sleekfingers: 8:29pm On Mar 15
Morbeta11:

https://punchng.com/lady-jailed-for-assaulting-lagos-official-ignoring-pedestrian-bridge/

🤣🤣🤣🤣😅

That's good....... Since many people get coconut heads
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Sleekfingers: 8:36pm On Mar 15
Shinjawestern:
This one too much na

7 months

She is lucky I am not the judge. I will give 2 years....

I believe you know that assaulting a law enforcer is a criminal offense?
Crossing of expressway is also an offense,. With an option of fine or jail....and sometimes both....... Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Sleekfingers: 8:37pm On Mar 15
booblacain:

In the UK, the law is not a respecter of status or wealth, here is Nigeria the law only flexes it's power on poor people.

Why poor people self no dey obey the law?
Re: Lady Jailed For Assaulting Lagos Official, Ignoring Pedestrian Bridge by Sleekfingers: 8:39pm On Mar 15
Stephaniegold:
On the same pedestrian bridge wey bad boys dey rub people....can they also install military men on those bridges....I no dey talk of police ooooo

The military has no business there. It is the work of the police.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property / Man Who Escaped Prison During EndSARS Protest Gets 14 Years Imprisonment / Share Your Bitter Experiences With Nigerian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.